PDA

View Full Version : Poor SLOKID - they did the mistake YET AGAIN

AceTennisGrrrl
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Eighth seeded Katarina Srebotnik and Nenad Zimonjic claimed the 2006 Roland Garros mixed doubles crown late Friday, defeating No7 seeds Elena Likhovtseva and Daniel Nestor 6-3 6-4.

Srebotnik, from Slovakia, and Zimonjic, from Serbia, recovered from a 2-4 deficit in the second set to reel off four straight games and take the title in 72 minutes on Court Philippe Chatrier.

It is the third Grand Slam mixed doubles crown for the 25-year-old Srebotnik (she won the title here in 1999 with Piet Norval, and the 2003 US Open with Bob Bryan) and the first mixed Slam title for 30-year-old Zimonjic. The duo reached the final of the US Open together last year.

During the final on Friday, Likhovtseva received medical attention on court at 3-4 in the first set. She dropped her serve in the next game (to trail 3-5) before Zimonjic won his serve to love to snatch the opener in 29 minutes.

Srebotnik is coming off her best season to date, highlighted by two singles and four doubles titles in 2005. She won the singles and doubles titles in both Auckland and Stockholm, making her the only player last season to sweep both titles at more than one tournament.

Similarly, Zimonjic compiled his best career season in doubles last year - with two ATP titles in five finals with Leander Paes. The duo compiled a 29-29 match record and finished No6 in the ATP Doubles Race.

Is it really that difficult? :rolleyes: Kata :hug:

VeeDaQueen
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:12 PM
:haha: poor Kata

Dexter
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:16 PM
It happens all the time... :help: :o

Jodie
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:18 PM
It happens all the time... :help: :o

Mostly yeah :tape: I noticed it with Matevzic.. :rolleyes:

TheAllan
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:21 PM
From now on, they should just succumb to the geographical dimwittery by merging and calling themselves "Slo". Okay, that's maybe too many letters. Just "S" then.

Dementinator
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:33 PM
It cant be hard to remember Slovenia surely? I mean ,Slokid lives there for heavens sake ,surely thats come to Mr Bushes attention?

Carmen Mairena
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Is this an article made by an USA citizen? If so, then there's no surprise at all! :rolleyes:

kabuki
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Is this an article made by an USA citizen? If so, then there's no surprise at all! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Tired. Just tired.

SloKid
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Ah the bastards...:fiery: :lol:

When will they learn? :awww:

janko
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Ah the bastards...:fiery: :lol:

When will they learn? :awww:

Don t worry :wavey: on the other hand Hantuchova is sometimes from Slovenia... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

azdaja
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:22 PM
they also regularly confuse serbs and croats in the press :tape: :lol:

SloKid
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Don t worry :wavey: on the other hand Hantuchova is sometimes from Slovenia... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:lol:
We're in the same boat here.

But I don't want Hantuchova, I'll take Gajdosova every day though. ;)

janko
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:23 PM
It reminds me when CNN or antother cultivated TV showing a map when talking about Germany and wrote "Switzerland" instead of Czech Republic :rolleyes:
Ignorant people :tape:

janko
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:26 PM
We're in the same boat here.

But I don't want Hantuchova, I'll take Gajdosova every day though. ;)

don t know :rolleyes: , I exchange you Gajdosova back against all Slovakian Davis Cup team (with or without Kajo Beck :lol: but it seems you like smoking!)

SloKid
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:28 PM
don t know :rolleyes: , I exchange you Gajdosova back against all Slovakian Davis Cup team (with or without Kajo Beck :lol: but it seems you like smoking!)
Nah, I prefer Jarmila to the DC team. :lol:

Oh and I don't like it, never did it, just thought it was a funny idea for an avatar. :lol:

janko
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Nah, I prefer Jarmila to the DC team. :lol:

Oh and I don't like it, never did it, just thought it was a funny idea for an avatar. :lol:

it is :)

Xian
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:46 PM
at least they dont ask ya if there are many kangaroos where you live :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

janko
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:32 PM
at least they dont ask ya if there are many kangaroos where you live :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, but back in the 90's people were asking if we find a solution to end the war :tape:

©@®eLess
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:54 PM
they made several mistakes in that article- they said Zimonjic's first GS title it's second, next was "great doubles record last year:29-29" :lol:

Ellery
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:56 PM
:tape: :o

*JR*
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:06 PM
If I ran Slovenia, I'd deport Kata too! :p

Ems__
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:09 PM
:awww: Milan! I feel you...but hey our boy and girl won the doubles :banana: