PDA

View Full Version : It's Supposed To Be VERY Warm In Paris Saturday...Who Does That Favor?

SelesFan70
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Accuweather says sunny and 84*F/28*C :eek: That will bake the court!

This can only help Svetlana!

Saturday, Jun 10
Plenty of sunshine High: 28° C RealFeel: 27° C

Saturday Night: A moonlit sky Low: 14° C RealFeel: 13° C

Sunday, Jun 11
Partly sunny and very warm High: 28° C RealFeel: 27° C

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy Low: 13° C RealFeel: 13° C

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/world-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&myadc=0&traveler=0&zipcode=EUR|FR|FR012|PARIS|&metric=1

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Both can play on fast courts, but Sveta has a better shot if it's fast. I think it would make more of a difference if it was a different matchup...say if it were the Schnyder v. Venus matchup we saw earlier this week.

SF

Helen Lawson
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Justine wilted in the Charleston sun against Patty. If it's oppressively hot tomorrow, she better do it in straight sets, or she's in big trouble.

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:28 PM
I was thinking about the weather impact myself.

I think if only the humidity is high Sveta would have an slight advantage. If it is dry, there shouldn't be any impact. That said, it certainly better for Sveta if the court is really dry. It will help her groundies. For sure.

SelesFan70
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Justine wilted in the Charleston sun against Patty. If it's oppressively hot tomorrow, she better do it in straight sets, or she's in big trouble.

I agree...the heat can drain your energy fast.

meyerpl
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Any adverse conditions will favor Svetlana, IMO. She's tougher.

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:30 PM

But it was also very windy which makes it even tougher because it makes you work even more...

Libertango
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:32 PM
It favours Sveta more. She has the heavier shots that can fly through the air more powerfully. Plus Juju said she's been having stomach pains, and hasn't been sleeping well all week, so she'll want slower conditions to preserve energy.

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:33 PM

Hmmm...didn't think of it that way. That adds another dimension to the analysis. The balls will be coming faster + players will have to move faster to get them + heat = healthiest player should have an advantage.

SF

Reuchlin
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:34 PM
84*F/28*C isn't THAT hot, especially for a top tennis player. Justine has played well against Sveta on fast courts.

SelesFan70
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:52 PM
84*F/28*C isn't THAT hot, especially for a top tennis player. Justine has played well against Sveta on fast courts.

It's not that hot compared to the summers here in NC :p but still should help Svetlana I think.

spiceboy
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:00 PM
28º VERY warm???

You've got to be kidding me :angel:

These are the same players playing in Australia or Miami. I agree a very hot temperature would favour Sveta but 28º will be nothing exceptional.

Weather won't be an issue tomorrow.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:36 PM
It's not that hot compared to the summers here in NC :p but still should help Svetlana I think.

Its hot enough for me to take off my shirt :cool: :angel:

SelesFan70
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Its hot enough for me to take off my shirt :cool: :angel:

:yippee:

VeeDaQueen
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:49 PM
it's probably 10F degrees hotter on court :)

Carmen Mairena
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Not too hot IMO! :scared: