PDA

View Full Version : Who said Venus vs Hingis in Warsaw was a bad match?

davidmario
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Check out the Highlights! Just found it on YouTube. Great rallies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eQn60hPSMU&search=venus%20williams

vesanto
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:39 PM
well, I didnīt see the match, I only saw the highlights just like you and yeah, that was also my thought. But what people said is that the highlights summarized all the great points, all the rest was just awful mistakes by both. Well, at least it had some great points, not like their match in Rome, yes this one was really awful!!

Dexter
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:42 PM
yeah of course there were some great points but the end was just :tape:... even Melanie didn't like it :tape:

hingisGOAT
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:44 PM
it was littered with unforced errors. the youtube highlights showed ALL of the winners hingis hit throughout the match (all half dozen or so). and the end was a disgraceful choke.

fortunately they both played much better in rome -- with hingis coming out on top

davidmario
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:20 PM
it was littered with unforced errors. the youtube highlights showed ALL of the winners hingis hit throughout the match (all half dozen or so). and the end was a disgraceful choke.

fortunately they both played much better in rome -- with hingis coming out on top
WHAT? I only saw the end of the match and that was so awful! Venus was giving her the match. I wonder how it was in the first set?

hingisGOAT
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:23 PM
WHAT? I only saw the end of the match and that was so awful! Venus was giving her the match. I wonder how it was in the first set?

:rolleyes: venus lost the rome match because hingis was playing a very aggressive game. it was venus, not hingis, doing all the running, and most of hingis' shots were landing on the baseline -- thus venus was hitting the ball off her back foot. great tactics and depth by martina :bowdown: anyone who has seen both matches will tell you the rome one was far better quality.

as for the first set, hingis' press conference said it best, something to the effect of 'i couldn't get one ball in, i wanted to cry'

spencercarlos
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:26 PM
well, I didnīt see the match, I only saw the highlights just like you and yeah, that was also my thought. But what people said is that the highlights summarized all the great points, all the rest was just awful mistakes by both. Well, at least it had some great points, not like their match in Rome, yes this one was really awful!!
Venus in total had 80 unforced errors and Hingis around 40... you go figure.

TF Chipmunk
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Warsaw was a horrendous match :tape: It took me a day to download it and I was thoroughly disappointed with the play of both players. Lots and lots of errors :o

vesanto
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Warsaw was a horrendous match :tape: It took me a day to download it and I was thoroughly disappointed with the play of both players. Lots and lots of errors :o

Yeah, I believe Warsaw was an awful match but at least it had emotion all over it. The same canīt be said of the other one.

And, heylookimgay, I saw all the Rome match and Venus was always running because she was exhausted and she didnīt move well. She just didnīt run and you can tell whatever you want because I saw a lot of Venus matches and I NEVER saw her having that kind of fitness performance. I see an awful playing by Hingis, choking majorly in her serves but making what it was enough to win that day.
Whatever, this game is more than over, letīs get over it!

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:19 PM
yeah of course there were some great points but the end was just :tape:... even Melanie didn't like it :tape:

I wouldn't like it either if my daughter lost to her biggest rival.

SF

spencercarlos
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I believe Warsaw was an awful match but at least it had emotion all over it. The same canīt be said of the other one.

And, heylookimgay, I saw all the Rome match and Venus was always running because she was exhausted and she didnīt move well. She just didnīt run and you can tell whatever you want because I saw a lot of Venus matches and I NEVER saw her having that kind of fitness performance. I see an awful playing by Hingis, choking majorly in her serves but making what it was enough to win that day.
Whatever, this game is more than over, letīs get over it!
?? :lol:
Warsaw emotion all over it?

Then in Rome Venus exhausted? :lol:
In Warsaw Venus not only was exhausted but was also cramping. Hingis did not even put balls in play.
In Rome Venus was half as erratic as Warsaw, and Hingis was more agressive than in Warsaw.