PDA

View Full Version : Four Finalists Already Major Winners

alfajeffster
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but all four of the finalists have won at least one major. That could mean that the nervousness factor won't be as great as it would be for a first-time finalist or someone who hasn't won anything yet, and we may just be in for some really great tennis.:bounce:

griffin
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Much as I do hope you're right, last year's women's final also featured 2 Slam winners.

I hope it's a great match, and i hope Sveta wins, but let's not jinx anything ;)

alfajeffster
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Much as I do hope you're right, last year's women's final also featured 2 Slam winners.

I hope it's a great match, and i hope Sveta wins, but let's not jinx anything ;)

I meant Federer/Nadal/Henin-Hardenne/Kuznetzova, but you knew that I'm sure. I'm going out for breakfast tomorrow morning to catch the 9AM start on a big HDTV screen (probably with a bloody mary in hand). It just started raining here again, and if it continues tomorrow, this'll be a whole week without playing tennis- TORTURE for me when a major is being played. I always want to get out there and hit my backhand like Justine does!:lol:

griffin
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:17 PM
I meant Federer/Nadal/Henin-Hardenne/Kuznetzova, but you knew that I'm sure.

Friend, I'm not THAT dense ;)

(I just didn't think the men's finalists have any affect on the women's final, and vice versa)

Rain? Yeah, we got that, too. So much they've actually shut down some public athletic facilites until the ground dries out. Lucky for tennis players who at least don't have to worry about THAT.

alfajeffster
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Friend, I'm not THAT dense ;)

(I just didn't think the men's finalists have any affect on the women's final, and vice versa)

Rain? Yeah, we got that, too. So much they've actually shut down some public athletic facilites until the ground dries out. Lucky for tennis players who at least don't have to worry about THAT.

Wouldn't it be fun if they played the women's final just prior to the men's at Roland Garros, and had a woman in the chair for the Federer/Nadal match?:lol:

I can see the French response now. It'd be Bastille Day all over again!

turt
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:46 AM

actually it's worse, last year's women's final featured... 2 French Open winners!

Libertango
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I'm not gonna hold-my-breath on that one......;)

Doublebackhand
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Both finals should be good and will likely go the distance! cant wait!