PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Patty Schnyder Always Play Horrible @ Wimbledon

pierce0415
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:49 PM
She has made 3r once in 10 attempts :tape:
She has made 2r 4x
She has lost 1r 5x
Is she the WTA's version of Marcelo Rios, who said that grass is for cows :confused:
If she is so bad at it, should she be demoted in terms of seeding :confused:

1996 1R loss to Pierce (14) 63 62
1997 1R loss to Woodroffe (WC, ranked #242) 64 64
1998 2R loss to Cara Black (ranked 108) in 3s
1999 1R loss to Dechy in 3s
2000 2R loss to Suarez in 3s
2001 3R loss to Davenport (3) 62 63
2002 2R loss to Martinez 61 63 :lol: :tape: :lol:
2003 1R loss to Mandula 76 63
2004 2R loss to Gagliardi (ranked 115) in 3s
2005 1R loss to Serra Zanetti (ranked 83) in 3s

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Her loopy strokes and lack of agression tend to hurt her.

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Huge backswing, likes high balls, plays with topspin. Suppose she could always pull a Conchita Martinez on us an freak out the pundits. Unlikely though.

She's kind of a "stoner girl" from Switzerland. Needs to be a little more amped up to play on grass.

I love Patty...but grass is not for her.

SF

LefandePatty
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:53 PM
She just hates grass. so she plays like shit.
but I'm pretty sure she could have some nice results if she really wanted to play..
I mean, she has a good serve, and nice shots..

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:07 PM
because she's over-rated

SloKid
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I thought it was Ivan Lendl, who said grass is for cows. :scratch:

Oh and can't we get a limit on the number of threads this troll can start? :shrug:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:15 PM
I thought it was Ivan Lendl, who said grass is for cows. :scratch:

Oh and can't we get a limit on the number of threads this troll can start? :shrug:
LMAO @ the avatar.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Hopefully she can win atleast a couple rds this year ;) :bounce:

babsi
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:21 PM
OMG breaking news, Patty doesn't play well on grass...

Talk about something that has been known for a while.

VeeDaQueen
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:22 PM

don't say anything negative, or he'll go tattle tell to the admins and they have to give you a warning :lol: :haha: :baby:

controlfreak
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:26 PM
at least he brought some interesting statistics with him, I wouldn't really call it trolling if he can be bothered to research all that.

SloKid
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:28 PM
at least he brought some interesting statistics with him, I wouldn't really call it trolling if he can be bothered to research all that.
Yup, that's at least something positive.

But it's so obvious that he/she starts threads just to show his/her hate in most cases and in some rare ones his/her love.

pierce0415
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:29 PM
don't say anything negative, or he'll go tattle tell to the admins and they have to give you a warning :lol: :haha: :baby:

you are the most negative poster of all and should stop posting :wavey:

Kart
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:30 PM

Some give warnings, personally I'm moving towards banning outright.

SloKid, pierce0415 and others, I would draw your attention to the ignore user feature.

iPatty
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Because her games centers on making her opponents feel uncomfortable with all her lefty topspin. The grass kinda deflates that advantage.

Not anything new.

SloKid
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Some give warnings, personally I'm moving towards banning outright.

SloKid, pierce0415 and others, I would draw your attention to the ignore user feature.
Threads stay there even if you have someone on the ignore list. :)

Plus it allows someone talking behind your back without you knowing and that's not nice, is it? :)

VeeDaQueen
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:36 PM
yes, amanda needs to make where we can't see the threads if they are on ignore. :)

babsi
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:36 PM
You can't ignore posters that start threads! You see the topic. That is why he is annoying as he starts so many topics. If I couldn't see the topic title then I wouldn't have a problem.

Kart
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Threads stay there even if you have someone on the ignore list. :)

Plus it allows someone talking behind your back without you knowing and that's not nice, is it? :)

Yes but lovely posters with great integrity like yourself and others in here have the willpower and security to not let such things bother you I'm sure :).

AyumiMorita
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:43 PM
grass creates low ball bounce

vesanto
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Donīt you think that you are a lit too harsh on pierce... Maybe he startes some strange threads but at least he gives some life to the forum and if you donīt like the thread you can always pass by it and donīt read it.

RJWCapriati
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:28 PM

And you should stop creating 10,000 threads every damn day.

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:39 PM

more negative than me... I'm really offended. You told me that before.... :sad:

jimbo mack
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:39 PM
she's had some success on grass. she reached the semis of birmingham a couple of years ago and took sharapova to 3 sets. she reached the quarters of hertogenbosch in 2000. nothing groundbreaking, but proves she is not all crap on grass. i think she has motivation issues with surface

Farina Elia Fan
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:42 PM
1997 1R loss to Woodroffe (WC, ranked #242) 64 64

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Lorna was one of my favourite players!

Davenselesport
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I just don't see how Schnyder can be so much worse than Hingis on grass... considering they both loop it. It has got to be mental.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I just don't see how Schnyder can be so much worse than Hingis on grass... considering they both loop it. It has got to be mental.
Martina's shots arent as topspinny as Patty's. Martina also takes the ball earlier and destabilizes her opponents better.

IceHock
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:13 PM

the two play totally different games.hingis loves fast courts,because it speed up her shots and she takes the ball early like in tokyo.schnyder likes the slow courts because her spins do more damage,they get up high on you,while on grass they stay low so her gameplan doesn't work.she should try some new things on grass.

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Hingis gets more of her spin on the actual shot and follow through. Patty relies more on the wind-up. Patty doesn't have enough time on grass to fully execute that part of her shot.

That's why Venus and Serena are so dominant on grass. They have their racket in position to hit the ball well before it comes over the net.

SF

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:19 PM
yes, amanda needs to make where we can't see the threads if they are on ignore. :)

Toooooo tempting eh ;)

DevilishAttitude
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:26 PM
OK, right I'm not Pierce0415's biggest fan, I saw his comments on Li's loss to Jankovic which were :tape: :tape: :tape: But he gets stick for the wrong reasons now. What is wrong with him saying Schnyder plays horrible at Wimby? It's fact? It's not offensive or anything.

It's a message board. So what he starts a lot of threads, that what a tennis message board lives by!

Some people really need to relax :)

But over the ignore thing, I agree with the 2nd part of SloKid's sentence. If people want to say anything about me, then I want to know. It's not about being insecure, it's about knowing the truth. The ignore system will never be used by me.

VeeDaQueen didn't you create a thread saying Venus had broke her ankle which was a lie? I don't think she should be complaining about other people's threads if you did.

Il Primo!
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:28 PM
because she's over-rated
so right!too overrated

VeeDaQueen
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:31 PM
why would i create a thread about venus' breaking an ankle :confused: that's stupid considering i'm a huge fan of venus :lol:

VeeDaQueen
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:33 PM
2002 2R loss to Martinez 61 63 :lol: :tape: :lol:

conchita martinez - 1994 wimbledon champion :rolleyes:

do research :)

Craigy
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Too much top spin...

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:36 PM
why would i create a thread about venus' breaking an ankle :confused: that's stupid considering i'm a huge fan of venus :lol:
There was a Venus fan that did make a thread about a fake ankle injury, saying she wasnt gonna play the French. It was really pathetic.

VeeDaQueen
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:38 PM
There was a Venus fan that did make a thread about a fake ankle injury, saying she wasnt gonna play the French. It was really pathetic.

dayum :eek: that's not very nice :(

Craigy
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:39 PM
2002 2R loss to Martinez 61 63
I don't see why this is funny? :shrug:

Libertango
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:44 PM
I was at her match against Suarez. Patty was in a BAAAAAAAAD mood that day, whilst Paola was so sweet and a popular winner! :yeah: Schnyder's attitude was pretty awful, but I found her entertaining to watch! Was a good match actually.

Kart
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:08 AM
If people want to say anything about me, then I want to know. It's not about being insecure, it's about knowing the truth. The ignore system will never be used by me.

That attitude sums this place up really.

*sigh*