PDA

View Full Version : What do you think happened to that person...

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:13 AM
...from the Spanish Tennis Federation who watched Sveta when she was a teenager and decided that she is not talented enough to support her application for the Spanish citizenship?

I bet she/he got "promoted"? :p :haha:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Maybe he/she changed his name to "Sveta Slave" after she won the US Open?

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Maybe he/she changed his name to "Sveta Slave" after she won the US Open?

and started posted on this message board? :o

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:19 AM
No... not THAT one... the OTHER one :lol:

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:20 AM
what happened to the one who used to post here?

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:20 AM
I don't know... maybe he isn't free?

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:21 AM
I don't know... maybe he isn't free?

:lol:

LoveFifteen
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:22 AM
...from the Spanish Tennis Federation who watched Sveta when she was a teenager and decided that she is not talented enough to support her application for the Spanish citizenship?

He became a talent scout and discovered Sania Mirza. :angel:

SelesFan70
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:29 AM
He became a talent scout and discovered Sania Mirza. :angel:

:o

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Nah... maybe he applied to be the judge of "Spanish Idol"?

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:48 AM
He's probably the most respected wiz in all of the Spanish tennis :p

Juan
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:42 PM

That isn't true

Sveta's agent told Spanish Federation that she could apply for the Spanish citizenship if they paid some money. That was right after she won US Open. Spanish Federation didn't agree.

But Sveta didn't apply for it when she was teenager, and Spanish Tennis Federation can not decide about Spanish citizenship. Anyone who has been living in Spain for some years can apply for citizenship, no matter his/her talent.

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:58 PM
That isn't true

Sveta's agent told Spanish Federation that she could apply for the Spanish citizenship if they paid some money. That was right after she won US Open. Spanish Federation didn't agree.

But Sveta didn't apply for it when she was teenager, and Spanish Tennis Federation can not decide about Spanish citizenship. Anyone who has been living in Spain for some years can apply for citizenship, no matter his/her talent.

It is true based on Sveta's dad interview. She did want to apply for a citizenship when she was a teenager, but Spanish Federation declined to provide a support.

PS. Of course, Spanish Federation doesnt decide about citizenship, but without their support Sveta couldn't do it AT THAT TIME as she was an unknown teenager. And now, apparently, she doesn't need it as she could live pretty much anywhere she wants to.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:15 PM
he probably is working with the LTA :rolls:

Juan
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:36 PM
It is true based on Sveta's dad interview. She did want to apply for a citizenship when she was a teenager, but Spanish Federation declined to provide a support.

PS. Of course, Spanish Federation doesnt decide about citizenship, but without their support Sveta couldn't do it AT THAT TIME as she was an unknown teenager. And now, apparently, she doesn't need it as she could live pretty much anywhere she wants to.

He can say whatever he wants. The fact is that he asked Spanish Federation not for support, but for money in exchange of cizitenship. Spanish Federation prefers to spend money on home players, tournaments and courts instead of buying foreign players.
And it doesn't matter if she was unknown, if their parents worked here for two years, the whole family could get it. But the fact is that they didn't want citizenship (it's not worthy), they wanted to get paid Sveta's expensive academy (Sanchez-Casal). And if they paid it I'm sure they were no short of money

In spite of what I'm saying, me and most of spanish fans support Sveta as she's been living in Spain for so long and speaks spanish fluently :)

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:39 PM
He can say whatever he wants. The fact is that he asked Spanish Federation not for support, but for money in exchange of cizitenship. Spanish Federation prefers to spend money on home players, tournaments and courts instead of buying foreign players.
And it doesn't matter if she was unknow, if their parents worked here for two years, the whole family could get it. But the fact is that they didn't want citizenship (it's not worthy), they wanted to get paid Sveta's expensive academy (Sanchez-Casal). And if they paid it I'm sure they were no short of money

In spite of what I'm saying, me and most of spanish fans support Sveta as she's been living in Spain for so long and speaks spanish fluently :)

Thanks! :wavey:

But let's agree to disagree, I guess, on the issue. I don't see a reason why he would have all made it up. Wouldn't be easier for him just not to mention it at all if that happened the way you say?

hwanmig
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:02 AM
It takes ten years to become a Spanish citizen maybe Sveta couldnt wait that long.

robert6061
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:15 AM
This is such an interesting thread!!! Svetlana would have made an incredible contribution to the Spanish Fed Cup team and still could do so!

spiceboy
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:36 AM
But let's agree to disagree, I guess, on the issue. I don't see a reason why he would have all made it up. Wouldn't be easier for him just not to mention it at all if that happened the way you say?

I don't think saying he wanted big money out of the citizenship would be very popular...

Carmen Mairena
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:23 AM
he probably is working with the LTA :rolls:

:haha: :yeah: :haha:

silverwhite
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:55 PM
That isn't true

tenn_ace is talking about what transpired a few years ago, before Sveta established herself.

tenn_ace
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:37 PM

ESPN just told the same story. Apparently the person was the President of the Spanish Federation at that time and he called Sveta mediocre player who would never get to the top 20 :p