PDA

View Full Version : What would you prefer happen? Your fave winning Wimbledon and the US Open or...

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:37 AM
...your Country/favourite team winning the FIFA World Cup

I found this really hard, but at the end of the day tennis is my favourite sport so I would prefer Venus (or Serena) to win Wimbledon and the US Open.

:bolt:

new-york
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:39 AM
rotelef-elmaô.

Mr_Molik
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Kind of hard to say, probably because they are both so unlikely :sad:

The Daviator
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Without a doubt, my favourite winning Wimbledon/US Open or both!

There's the fact that I'm much more passionate about tennis, and, err, that my country isn't exactly of a World Cup winning calibre :rolleyes:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Can I choose both? :lol:

Well, If Justine were in the final of the Wimby this year, and England is playing in the final of the World Cup.... I guess either one will be fine... but still I prefer England to win the World Cup (Justine has 4 years to redeem that... England needs to wait ;) )

MH0861
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:46 AM
I'd rather have Lindsay win Wimbledon and the US.

The USA could go winless in World Cup for all I care! :lol:

thrust
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Couldn^t care less about the World Cup. Justine and Nadal winning the FO and Wimbledon would be fantastic!!

Stamp Paid
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Fuck the World Cup.
Serena :hearts:

Ryan
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Is Canada even in the World Cup? Hingis winning Wimbledon and the US Open, no doubt. Wow, I'd be so happy. :D

Wiggly
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Canada SUCKS in soccer!

So I would give Wimbledon to Danka and US Open to Iveta :lol:

cartmancop
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:03 AM
I'd rather see Vee win W & USO...

Easy choice since I don't like soccer ;)

LoveFifteen
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Fuck the World Cup.
Serena :hearts:

I agree ... fuck the World Cup ... Martina :hearts:

Derek.
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:26 AM
My fave winning Wimbledon and the US Open. :worship:

I don't care about soccer. :o

Diam's
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:29 AM
World Cup :bigclap: :bounce: :yippee: :banana:

Dan23
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:29 AM
My fave winning Wimbledon and the US Open. :worship:

I don't care about soccer. :o
:worship:

mila_mail
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:33 AM
dunno what is about soccer

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Fuck the World Cup.

Agreed.

BTW...I LOVE your avatar...he really annoys me!

SF

Ferosh
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:51 AM
I could care less about soccer.
Go tennis!!!!

Gowza
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:52 AM
i'd have to say world cup

Lulu.
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:56 AM
My fave winning Wimbledon and US Open!

I dont care about soccer it sucks :rolleyes:

Barrie_Dude
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Jennifer winning US Open and Wimby of course! I mean, who really cares about soccer? :shrug:

bello
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Jennifer winning Wimbledon and US

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Fave all the way.

Canada winning World Cup would be :lol: though!

PLP
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:14 AM
I'm kind of surprised so many tennis fans don't care about soccer...somehow they seem related to me but maybe it's just becasue so many of the great players also played soccer...Rafa, Martina, etc. That being said I would much rather see Martina win a GS this year than to see the US do anything in Worldcup>P

meyerpl
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:19 AM
My fave winning Wimbledon and the U.S. Open or WHAT? What the hell are you talking about?

-sugi-
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:43 AM
I voted for the tennis option :)

Camille Pin winning Wimbledon and US Open is impossible but I can dream

Scotso
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:13 AM
tennis of course.

Drake1980
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:17 AM
tennis for sure

mandy7
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:18 AM
i don't give a damn about the us open
it's the lamest grand slam
so give me the world cup *goes back to her orange dreams*

RatedR Superstar
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:20 AM
my country doesnt care about soccer, so i prefer my fave to win US and Wimby

mandy7
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:22 AM
I'm kind of surprised so many tennis fans don't care about soccer...somehow they seem related to me but maybe it's just becasue so many of the great players also played soccer...Rafa, Martina, etc. That being said I would much rather see Martina win a GS this year than to see the US do anything in Worldcup>P

that's cause a lot of tennis fans come from countries who suck at footy :lol:

msharafan
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:24 AM
[QUOTE=The Daviator]Without a doubt, my favourite winning Wimbledon/US Open or both!

There's the fact that I'm much more passionate about tennis, and, err, that my country isn't exactly of a World Cup winning calibre :rolleyes:[/Q

dav im ashamed of you!!!! we might not be in the world cup but most countries didnt get a tough qualifying draw like us, do you not remember? france and switzerland, switzerland winning the qualifying spot. also you cant help it when henry strikes a magic goal that no one can stop! we may not be the best team, but we deserve to be there. we only beat sweeden a couple of weeks ago 3-0!!! and theyre in the world cup, i wonder if england will even beat them. also we held brazil to a draw last summer, now that is impressive. please do not under estimate youre country!
although i did pick maria to win wimby and the us open, only because it would mean soo much to her. and also i wouldnt be too dissapointed if ireland didnt win the world cup because i wouldnt expect it.

TomTennis
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Voted for my fav to win Wimby/USO :tape:

If anyone in Britain knew, I would get shot and kicked out the country probably :lol:

Maria Croft
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:24 AM
I couldn't care less about the WC, I would go with the first option for sure :)

Prizeidiot
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:25 AM
My favourite to win Wimbledon or US for sure... I mean even if Australia didn't even make it past qualifying in the WC, it's still a miracle

Dani12
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Don't really care about soccer, so yeah...

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:38 AM
im not bothered about england winning the world cup-i usually support russia for some reason but they didnt make so im cheering for serbia & montenegro :)

sveta winning wimby and us open (and hopefully RG) would be much preferred

sapir1434
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Well my fave winning Wimbledon and US Open, cause my country will win anyway :p
j/k, I don't really care from soccer ;)

hwanmig
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I really don't like Wimbledon or US Open so if there is any chance that my country wins the WC I'll pick that. It wouldnt happen of course because Philippines is not entered and I dont think we ever have or will be in history.

Bероника
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Couldn't care less about World Cup,so first option

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:42 PM
I voted for the World Cup because that would never happen anyway :D

FP
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Martina winning the world cup together in team with Williamses, Davenport, Belgians and the squad of russians hahahaha ))))))
definately Hingis winning Wimbledon and US Open even if my coountry will never win another football match (gosh I hope there are no football fan from my country will see this post, otherwise Im afraid for my life, football fans are sooooo much crazier than tennis fans) ))))))

tennisbuddy12
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:19 PM
I dont really care for soccer so Wimbledon and US open...It would be a shock if USA even won 3rd place.

Scots Kim Fan
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Wel since one of them is impossible ;) i hope Kim can win Wimbledon even more than the US open

Kart
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:17 PM
If this country could win the world cup and celebrate in a way that did not involve drunken violent clashes then I'd choose that.

Seeing that it can't, I'd settle for Monica just playing those two tournaments.

Viktymise
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Without a doubt, my favourite winning Wimbledon/US Open or both!

There's the fact that I'm much more passionate about tennis, and, err, that my country isn't exactly of a World Cup winning calibre :rolleyes:
Well its impossible for us to win the world cup so definatley vee winning Wimbledon and lenaD winning the US open but it would be the same even if ireland could possibly win

loppy
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Couldn^t care less about the World Cup. Justine and Nadal winning the FO and Wimbledon would be fantastic!!

ditto :angel:

purplerain
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:38 PM
My country wins world cup ? then I can win GS :tape: (hope no chinese soccer fans here to kill me)

Justine win Wimbledon :worship:

JackFrost
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Of course I would prefer Jelena Jankovic win Wimbledon and US Open over the german team winning the world cup. :bounce:

The Daviator
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=The Daviator]Without a doubt, my favourite winning Wimbledon/US Open or both!

There's the fact that I'm much more passionate about tennis, and, err, that my country isn't exactly of a World Cup winning calibre :rolleyes:[/Q

dav im ashamed of you!!!! we might not be in the world cup but most countries didnt get a tough qualifying draw like us, do you not remember? france and switzerland, switzerland winning the qualifying spot. also you cant help it when henry strikes a magic goal that no one can stop! we may not be the best team, but we deserve to be there. we only beat sweeden a couple of weeks ago 3-0!!! and theyre in the world cup, i wonder if england will even beat them. also we held brazil to a draw last summer, now that is impressive. please do not under estimate youre country!
although i did pick maria to win wimby and the us open, only because it would mean soo much to her. and also i wouldnt be too dissapointed if ireland didnt win the world cup because i wouldnt expect it.

Yeah but mshara, we're never going to win the World Cup :lol: We're really good for being a small country, but didn't Chile beat us a week or two ago :scratch:

Anyway, I agree we should have been there and that we had a tough group, and I was gutted like you that we missed out, the World Cup is so much better when your country is there, there's a great buzz and atmosphere, damn the Swiss :fiery:

tennislover
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Couldn't care less about World Cup,so first option
ditto