PDA

View Full Version : Sveta - the Unsung Champion

Andy T
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Well, here she is in her second major final aged just 20 years old, a former US Open Champion (04), Doubles Champ of Australia (05) and holder of the Miami title - and the absence of cheering threads is extraordinary. I'd just like to say that I think she has a great game - the most complete of any player of her generation - and great potential. Congrats Sveta and good luck in the final!

marmite1
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Indeed. Its her chance to get her 2nd slam. I would say if she gets it, thats shes achieved a fair bit.

sfselesfan
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:18 PM
According to Brad Gilbert...Sanchez-Vicario has picked her from the beginning of the tournament. While it's true SV's brother is Sveta's coach...Sveta has proven SV right so far.

SF

UDACHi
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:24 PM
She also has a nasty habit of choking.

ys
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:27 PM
She also has a nasty habit of choking.

She played two big finals so far in her career. In both of them she walked on a water..

Kworb
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Svetlana rocks. I hope she beats Justine

iPatty
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Her second Grand Slam final has come later than it should have, IMO.

Ceri
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Very well said! Sveta really doesn't get as much interest as some of the other players, which is a real shame. Good luck for tomorrow girl, I really hope you can pull it off. :)

Bounty Hunter
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:39 PM
I so want Svetlana to win.... she's my second fav.... :bounce:

smiler
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I quite like her unsungness! :)

BK4ever
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Sveta is gonna make all her fans happy and raise the champions trophy on saturday :p

Sveta seems very motivated. If she stays focused?????

dav abu
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Great thread Andy T - Sveta never gets the credit she deserves. Quiet, gentle players usually don't. All the best to Sveta I hope she does it!

Danči Dementia
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Yeah I think is unfair the little of attention that she gets I mean its not that I like her( I still have on my mind the moment when she beat Lena at USO) but she is a good player and the other players decribe her as a funny person.

And also she gets very very little of Media Atenttion.

UDACHi
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:55 PM
She played two big finals so far in her career. In both of them she walked on a water..

Elena was injured and Mar..

Never mind, okay. :)

raquel
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Sveta has her loyal (and at times long-suffering ;)) fans in her cheering thread in the Russian Roulette forum here - http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=6159 - so any new fans should post there too if they didn't know it was there :)

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Well, here she is in her second major final aged just 20 years old, a former US Open Champion (04), Doubles Champ of Australia (05) and holder of the Miami title - and the absence of cheering threads is extraordinary. I'd just like to say that I think she has a great game - the most complete of any player of her generation - and great potential. Congrats Sveta and good luck in the final!

nicely put :D