PDA

View Full Version : Good chance Lindsay will play

bis2806
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:36 PM
MJ said this morning, during the Vaidisova-Sveta match, that Lindsay is recovering quickly from her back injury. She also wished her a happy birthday :D

lindsayno1
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:47 PM
WEll shes changed her tune...im sure shes been fine for a while...shes not played in ages

mike/topgun
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:05 PM
yeah, Maria-Jose is a real friend, isn't she?;)
"recovering quickly" - well, that sounds positive, but quite familiar
maybe there's still a sligh chance for late entry in Eastbourne? who knows...:p

dav abu
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:02 AM
please let her be fit for Wimbledon!!!!We're definitely heading over but it won't be the same without her.

MH0861
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:34 AM
MJ said this morning, during the Vaidisova-Sveta match, that Lindsay is recovering quickly from her back injury. She also wished her a happy birthday :D

Well that's convenient. Now, enter a warmup tournament!

Andrew..
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Well that's convenient.
USURPER!!!!!~~~

RJWCapriati
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Good luck @ Wimbledon Lindsay!

Elldee
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Quick would have been like... Miami. Anyway, fingers crossed for Wimbledon.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:28 PM
MJ said this morning, that Lindsay is recovering quickly from her back injury.

Oh, that's good. It's only taken 11 months.

Lindsayfan32
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Lindsay has to play Wimbledon as I have school holidays for the full two weeks of the tournemnt and can stay up and watch it at night and sleep during the day.

The Daviator
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Great news! Now if she just announced an appearance in Eastbourne, I'd be even happier :D

Andrew..
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:05 PM
She should play Birmingham, not Eastbourne. With Eastbourne's field this year, she'd be lucky to pass the QF.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:07 PM
A final loss to Maria in a Tier 9 grass event won't do much good for confidence going into Wimby, either.

Andrew..
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:13 PM
But, losing to KFC or Christine in the QF of a tier II will.

TeamUSA#1
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Go Linsday!!!! Take home your 4th slam title at Wimbly this year!!

The Daviator
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:33 PM
She should play Birmingham, not Eastbourne. With Eastbourne's field this year, she'd be lucky to pass the QF.

Birmingham starts next week, if she was going to play, she'd be there now...

tennisboi
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Oh, that's good. It's only taken 11 months.

:rolleyes:

Loughyunijen
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Is lindsay still in the draw for Wimbledon? How much notice do you hace to give to withdraw form a slam?

Its obvious she is not playing brum, as rightly said above......shes not even in the UK yet! LOL

I have my doubts whether she will even turn up at all....she realy does hate travelling over the pond!

Rumors are flying in GS that Lindsay is pregnant!

Ty-Ty
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Oh me gee.

Lindsay's cousin thinks I'm cute. :lol:

I must milk this too my advantage.

RayRob
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Oh me gee.

Lindsay's cousin thinks I'm cute. :lol:

I must milk this too my advantage.

:confused:HUH?!?

I can't see Lindsay playing Birmingham at this late stage....though there is still a Gold/Silver exempt wild card flying about, but I would say that today....or tomorrow at the latest is the deadline to use that.

Eastbourne is always bad prep for Wimbledon - the conditions are awful! Even if it's bright sunshine there, it's very windy...really no good for anyone who relies heavily on their serve.

Knowing Lindsay (not personally, obviously!), she will enter Wimbledon without any match practice - that's typical Lindsay. The time she won it, she didn't have any grass match practice, but she did practice non-stop on a grass court. But if she hasn't even done that....then chances of doing well are slim.

I would hope she makes the final, if it is only so that I can Hi-jack someones TV with ESPN while I'm over in the USA. I only get Saturday's off from camp, so it's good that ladies final is saturday...this is proably the only wimbledon action i will see all summer! :sad:

-Rache

*timtams*
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:05 PM
hiya :wavey: so they people who are off to wimby.... are you going to have any stupid slogans on tee shirts or attempt to get a flag in or anything, just so you are easier to spot etc, cos yes dav abu... your tent will be spotted easily, but what about when u r roamin about in wimby grounds???
I would prob recognise kelly if i saw again!

xx hope to see you guys there :bounce: :eek: :eek:

*timtams*
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:13 PM
:sad: any chance any one can tape or record etc the womans doubles final at the french open, i think its on sunday........
I dont think it will be onfreeview, which is the only thing that i can get, due to piss poor reception etc..

PRETTY PLEEAASSEE :worship: :worship:

!<blocparty>!
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:09 PM
I will if you stop writing in pink.

The Daviator
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Have you heard what Tony Godsick has said today? :sad:

mike/topgun
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Have you heard what Tony Godsick has said today?
This morning's LA Times says Lindsay Davenport is questionable for Wimbledon. The story cites her IMG agent, Tony Godsick (Mary Joe's husband), as saying Lindsay's chances of playing Wimbledon are "up in the air" right now.
Everyday brings a new story bout Lindsay missing Wimbledon, but I still do hope she will play...
Some of you fellow Tops pointed that her injury was *fake* and it was only to cover her intensions of skipping the clay season, but I am still concerned bout the bulging disc diagnosis she got in IW. Once again I'll repeat IT may turn out to be a career threatning injury:(
If it's pregnancy that may be the cause - then good for her;)

Loughyunijen
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:07 PM
we heard that lindsays back would put her out for 6weeks....well march to june/july is NOT 6 weeks!

Loughyunijen
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:07 PM
She's pregnant!

mike/topgun
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:15 PM
She's pregnant!
that's a conclusion?;)
"...i've got a feeling..." that the end of Lindsay's career is closer than ever before...

The Daviator
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:31 PM
She's pregnant!

That just doesn't make sense though, no matter how much she wants kids surely she could have waited until after her best shot at a Slam? :confused:

Unless things didn't go to plan :shrug:

Elldee
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:12 PM
i reaaaaaaally don't think she'd get pregnant before wimbledon from what she said about it in Aussie.

Andrew..
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:24 PM
She's not pregnant. Silvia Farina Elia is just an annoying busy body.

mike/topgun
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Unless things didn't go to plan
This year virtualy nothing went to plan
Still, there's a possibility, that doctors said she's going to be 100% fit and ready to come back in a month time....just not yet.
Becouse, you know, tall people tend to recover slower - look at Lindsay's previous injuries, or one of my other favorite players Marat and Joachim Johansson for instance...They've all had really bad luck with injuries.
I'm still kind of positive about her career and stuff - you know I was 100% sure she was going to retire last year....I've been prepared for it since 2002, when the knee problem turned out to be more serious and requiring a longer rehab.
Lindsay, with all the bad luck she's experienced throughout her 13 years long career become one of the most acomplished players of all times.
2004, and especially 2005 were really one of her best seasons...
Her talent and consistency brought her to the point were she's considered to be one of the best in the sport and a true role model not only for young players.
I would say Lindsay is fairly one of the purest strikers of the ball ever :worship:
Even without this 4th Slam she dreams of, which she still has in her, Lindsay can retire with no regrets.
Her health and family are of course more important than her career, but I have no doubts, that only if she's able to play, she will try to win another GS title. She's 30 and still a competitor and one of the biggest contenders for every event she enters.
Should we all wish Lindsay good health:)
And come back soon:)

lindsayno1
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:38 PM
if she IS pregnant...then this is it.

lindsayno1
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/felixk/gavin-rossdale-14.jpg

I dont get it...she doesnt look very injured there, and a bad back would surely be made worse by slouching like that!

mike/topgun
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/felixk/gavin-rossdale-14.jpg

I dont get it...she doesnt look very injured there, and a bad back would surely be made worse by slouching like that!
Well looking at her position, I'd say she's not slouching more than trying to keep her back straight.
You must know that bulging disk hurts very much when you try to bend down, even sit and then stand up...it's mechanical, so probably Lindsay tries not to bend, bow or do anything to it - maybe that's why she sits in this position. I know some people who have similar problems to Lindsay's and almost everytime they sit in awkward positions just to keep their back straight :tape: :lol:

*timtams*
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:41 PM
is this colour any better? what is wrong with my pink colour? WHo taped the doubles final for me then????

anyone manage it. Let me know, or the pink will come back (bbeckyb342057103@aol.com)

bis2806
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Wow, where did u get that picture?

Elldee
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Well looking at her position, I'd say she's not slouching more than trying to keep her back straight.
You must know that bulging disk hurts very much when you try to bend down, even sit and then stand up...it's mechanical, so probably Lindsay tries not to bend, bow or do anything to it - maybe that's why she sits in this position. I know some people who have similar problems to Lindsay's and almost everytime they sit in awkward positions just to keep their back straight :tape: :lol:

Lindsay's is eithered recovered now or at least was in that picture... that's just how she's sitting... why else would she be playing tennis?

mike/topgun
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Lindsay's is eithered recovered now or at least was in that picture... that's just how she's sitting... why else would she be playing tennis?
Maybe you're right, I really hope so.
But same time we must remember she was playing tennis with Gav, not someone like Masha or Vee<lol>
What I mean - of course you can play tennis with a bulging disk, but you can't compete on the professional level in The Championships, if you're not 100% FIT.

Jan
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Hi

I have not been around for awhile but still supporting Lindsay. Sounds dodgy for her playing at Wimby but there are a lot of conflicting stories so we will just have to wait and see.

Doubt she would play Eastbourne as she doesn't like the windy conditions there. If she plays Wimby she will get her practice on grass there and go in without any compeititve play for what seems ages to me.

Do hope she plays though but if she is pregnant well thats it I guess. Good luck to her anyway.

Lets go Lindsay to another slam.

Cheers to you all

Jan

:worship: :worship: :worship: :D :D :wavey:

:wavey:

Ty-Ty
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:06 PM
This girl from myspace said she's Lindsay's cousin. I don't know weither to beleive her or not. I don't knoy why she'd lie though. :confused: Her last name is Davenport and she's in Paris for an Addidas tournament this week, but she lives in Wisconsin?

If anyone her like stalkes Lindsay, tell me if she has a cousin named Missy(Tamissa.) :wavey:

Andrew..
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:43 PM
She's not pregnant. K.

Kimmi
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:36 PM
I say she'll play Wimbledon. She might retire injured two minutes in, but I think she will be there.

Frederic
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Does anyone have real Lindsay's news? No gossips or rumours, just a real thing Lindsay said? How is she? Does she feel ready for Wimbledon?

Elldee
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:27 PM
http://www.justjared.com/gossip/2006/05/gavin-rossdale-shirtless/

More pics from the same day... she looks fine to me, obviously she could have had a relapse but hopefully not.

The Daviator
Jun 14th, 2006, 05:37 PM
http://www.justjared.com/pictures/2006/05/gavin_rossdale_shirtless/gavin-rossdale-07.jpg

She can bend over to tie her shoe laces! Things can't be that bad, can they? :unsure: :lol:

tennisboi
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:05 PM
http://www.justjared.com/pictures/2006/05/gavin_rossdale_shirtless/gavin-rossdale-07.jpg

She can bend over to tie her shoe laces! Things can't be that bad, can they? :unsure: :lol:

I agree:)

Andrew..
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Ho!

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:44 PM
You think Gavin Rossdale can win a valid game from Lindsay?

Lindsayfan32
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Well so much for Lindsay's playing at wimbledon being up in the air she looks happy and super fit. I'm glad to say it seems I was wrong. Well I hope I'm wrong.

Elldee
Jun 16th, 2006, 10:19 AM

Apparently he's really good and takes it seriously... he's been playing since he was a kid... aces her and stuff.

Andrew..
Jun 16th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Yes. Like it or not, a top 100 men's player beats a top 5 woman easily in all cases. I'm not saying he's at that level, but men still have a huge advantage, and I wouldn't be suprised if he even beats her sometimes.

tennisboi
Jun 17th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Yes. Like it or not, a top 100 men's player beats a top 5 woman easily in all cases. I'm not saying he's at that level, but men still have a huge advantage, and I wouldn't be suprised if he even beats her sometimes.

Lindsay said in an interview with ace that her husband would beat her cause he serves at like 130mph even though he only had a doubles ranking of around 130