PDA

View Full Version : Nicole's interview: some good words about Sveta

tenn_ace
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Q. You lost. What happened finally, especially in second set?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: You know, I think she started, you know, getting her rhythm back on and I had a bad serving game, you know. I kind of thought I had a little bit. And, you know, in the third she just played better. I have to give her credit. She, you know, was fighting for every point, but I knew she's a great fighter always. And, the third set, I don't think I had much chances.

Q. What do you think about future game between Kuznetsova and Belgian, I don't know which exactly, but what do you think about all this girls?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: You know, I'm done with the tournament so I kind of don't really worry about it anymore. You know, I'm just gonna go home and do my thing. I don't think I'm gonna watch the final at all anyway, so...

Q. 5‑5 in the tiebreak, are you going to be haunted by that point?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I actually ‑‑ when I finished my match, that was definitely not the first point that came to my mind. Then she was serving. She could have hit an ace or anything. So it's, you know...

But, yeah, I had my chances. Of course, I did. But, you know, I think it happens and I'm just, you know, very excited to be playing here in the semifinals. I played second round last year. You know, I've lost to Amélie 6‑1, 6‑1 in the Australian Open, and to Venus 2‑2 in Istanbul. I have done so much better. Of course I'm disappointed. I love to win and hate to lose.

But, you know, there's not much about it right now. I just can be proud of myself, how I did, take some, you know, experience from that to my next tournament.

Q. Knowing how you know yourself and your personality, do you take away from this reaching the semis and beating the top seed, or is that set and 5‑4 going to stick in your craw for a while?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: No, I don't think so. It's not like I had matchpoints or anything. You know, even if you are 5‑4 up serving, you're still so far from winning it. You know, I think I had, you know ‑‑ it was my sixth match here. Further than Strasbourg. I think I can have so much experience from that. It's definitely gonna help me in the future.

Q. During that game, were you conscious of being nervous at all? Could you feel anything happening within you that you felt a bit shaky or nervous at that point?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Not extremely, you know. But of course, you know, in semifinal, you're in a huge stadium, everything. It was more of, you know, me just not serving very well and she just hanging in there. Would I want to go back and redo it? Yes, but I can't. I just have to take my experience from this and, you know, figure it out next time. So, you know, next time I can serve better or just, you know, close the game out.

Q. Is it surprise for you to play in semifinal, and what do you think about Svetlana Kuznetsova?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Semifinal, great, you know. Of course great. I've never been as far in a Grand Slam, even close as far. I'm very happy, of course, with my performance. A little bit disappointed of course right now. I would definitely love to win and play the finals. But, you know, happens. Just have to keep working even a little harder and, you know, hopefully next time I'll do even better.

Svetlana, definitely on the court she's great fighter, very good player. She definitely has very good chances in the final. Of course, she's a very nice person, very nice girl, very funny. And, you know, I have not a bad word to say about her.

Q. When you lost your serve on 5‑4, after you looked very upset with someone in the stands, string of your racquet or whatever. Was a problem of strings? Was a problem of what?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I think I changed my racquet after that. No, I just thought it kind of ‑‑ I hit it kind of wrong, so... But it was not a fault of my racquet or strings or whatsoever.

Q. Do you think that your lack of experience in Grand Slam semifinal/final stage, that maybe unconsciously there was a fear of winning as we know in tennis?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: No. I didn't have that in the quarterfinals. I didn't have that in the Round of 16 playing the No. 1 player in the world. So I don't think it was a factor today, you know.

I already said, you know, what happened. It's just, I think, you know, stuff like that happens a lot, you know. I said 5‑4 serving doesn't mean you're so ‑‑ you're terribly close. You're still, you know, a long game away from winning, so...

Q. Did you feel good about the fact that the French crowd was kind of cheering for you as if you were their French player?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Yeah. I think the crowd was great, you know. It's always good, you know, playing in this atmosphere. So much fun. I definitely enjoy it. Yeah, I think, you know, they got over the fact that I beat two French players and, you know, that's very nice of them.

Q. You just stepped off the court, but many, many years from now, when you look back at Roland Garros 2006, what do you think the one thing that will stand out that you will remember?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I mean, it's my first‑ever semifinal in a Grand Slam ever, second week in a Grand Slam. I'll always have great memories.

You know, I'm very excited right now, even though I lost, you know, and kind of disappointed but excited at the same time. I'll be looking forward to next year, coming back.

Q. Do you think this will be a real steppingstone for you?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: It definitely gonna help me, you know, my confidence a little bit up, my game. I definitely felt, you know, I'm able to compete, you know, and be close to almost ‑‑ you know, being very close to going to the finals. That's, you know, a very good sign.

Q. That bloody 5‑4 game, you said you hadn't thought ahead. Do you think you rushed or you were just on that pinnacle and you're four points away?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Of course, at that point, you kind of figure, "If I win this game, I'm in the finals." But I don't think I have gone crazy nervous or I just started shaking or anything. I really didn't.

But if I would, you know, have to take it back, I would definitely love to serve a little bit better and, you know, some more first serves. But she also played that game pretty tough and, you know, I can't do much about it now.

Q. Do you have a feeling that you lost this match in the first two sets and second set, or she won this match? First question. Second question, why you didn't do any dropshot, never?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: You're mean (smiling).

I think she's a very good mover and, you know, especially, you know, on clay it's kind of hard to hit dropshots, or here it's pretty fast courts.

And I think I hit like three, four. So, you know, I'm sorry. I'll try next time a little more maybe.

Q. Do you think you lost this match?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Well, I lost this match and Svetlana won this match, so, yeah. Kind of black on white, you know.

Q. What will be a good Wimbledon for you?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I don't know. I'm right now not thinking really about Wimbledon. I'm still in the French Open.

But, you know, just I'm not gonna set my goals and say, "I want to do as well as I did in the French, or I'll try to do even better than the French." It's a different Grand Slam, different tournament. Just as I went to this Grand Slam, I'll take it round by round, focus on each round hundred percent, give it all my all. That worked out for me. I didn't set a goal here, so I'm not gonna do it, you know, next Grand Slam.

Q. You said you're going home. You're playing Eastbourne, aren't you?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Yes.

Q. Are you going back to the States?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I'm going to home, Prague.

GoDominique
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Yes I know.

TheAllan
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Q. That bloody 5‑4 game, you said you hadn't thought ahead. Do you think you rushed or you were just on that pinnacle and you're four points away?
Sounds like a Brad Gilbert question.

I like Nicole's answers. Very realistic view of the match; leading is not the same as winning.

ViennaCalling
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Nicole :worship: :kiss: :hearts:

Good luck for the next tournaments! :D

Effy
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Yes I know.

:lol: :haha:

too much of "you know" :tape:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Nikki :worship:

mila_mail
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:34 AM
nicole...

wta whore 79
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Of course Nicole has no animosity towards Sveta. She saves her anger for the innocent ballkids.. or whoever in the crowd might accidentally catch her wrath.

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:03 AM
she is just afraid of Sveta... she knows Sveta could beat the helll out of Nicole if they fight.

wta whore 79
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:07 AM
she is just afraid of Sveta... she knows Sveta could beat the helll out of Nicole if they fight.

Hell yeah! Sveta seems very sweet, but at the same time I feel like she'd cut a bitch if need be.

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Hell yeah! Sveta seems very sweet, but at the same time I feel like she'd cut a bitch if need be.

that's hard to believe... but I'm sure she's not going to turn another cheek...

SVETA :worship: :kiss: :hearts:

Prizeidiot
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Nice words... she seems much more settled off court

chuCKnorris
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:48 AM
:lol: :haha:

too much of "you know" :tape:

she doesn't beat Kim at this anyway :) :p

charmedRic
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Q. Are you going back to the States?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I'm going to home, Prague.

touche! :)

Effy
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM

well, no! Sveta isnt bitchy at all :)

Slumpsova
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:02 PM
see? Nic isn't a bitch off the court.

tenn_ace
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:08 PM
yeah, but when she publicly humiliate a little ball boy or girl, what's worse is it is usually on TV, that far outweighs her off court "niceness"

Effy
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:28 PM
yeah, but when she publicly humiliate a little ball boy or girl, what's worse is it is usually on TV, that far outweighs her off court "niceness"

agree, no matter how nervious she is it isnt nice to screem at ballboys