PDA

View Full Version : Any other Justine fans worried about Kuzi?

Reuchlin
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:01 PM
The girl may play top 5 tennis 1 day, and lose to a qualifier the next, but she's got some realy Clay-court skill. Her H2H with Justine is full of close three setters, close 2 setters, blow outs and everything in b/t. Personally...I'm :scared:.

DragonFlame
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:03 PM
off course:scared: don't want her to be bridesmaid 2 times in a row :sad: But i'll already be happy if she stayed healthy for a whole season and a complete set of tournaments :)

Helen Lawson
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I'm a big fan of Justine, but I like Svetlana a lot too, so I'm not "worried" in that whoever wins, it's fine and great with me. That being said, I don't think it's going to be a blow-out like people are thinking. Svetlana seems to be getting away with playing a crappy, loose first set and then rallying, and I don't think she can count on Justine letting her get away with that. But Justine has some stamina issues in that sometimes she's fine, sometimes, she' not. Svetlana goes 3 sets easily. I just hope it isn't a piece of crap like last year's final.

Hingiswinsthis
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:12 PM
No, this will be a very closely contested match. The ironic thing is, intheir 11 match ups, only 3 matches have gone 3-sets and ALL of the 3 clay court matches have been Henin-Hardenne's toughest wins over Kuznetsova. So, if there's a surface the Russian can upset Justine, its this one. However, Justine is looking very steely in this championships. This event is too special, to sentimental for her to go down. We can also count on this not being a blow out. Good luck to both ladies.

Allez-H
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:15 PM
For sure, Justine had some very tough matches against Sveta :scared:

Lady
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:16 PM
I'm always worried about Sveta! I'd never count her out!

RAA
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't count her out either but I, too, feel like come hell or high water Justine is going to win this title

of course I also thought that venus was going to beat Nicole

and that nicole was going to beat Sveta

and on it goes...

felipe2004
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I am, very worryed :scared:

RJWCapriati
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:24 PM
It will be 6-1, 6-1 like last year.

RenaSlam.
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Justine in three, for sure.

purplerain
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:12 PM
a little, expecting a tough match ...but i generally worry about any player ;)

natacha1
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I also worried today, I dont know, I am so happy that Justine made it to the final that I did not have much time today to be worried. I am still to happy over this win :hearts:

Go Justine :bounce:

Floydrose
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I am not worried. I know that Justine will be very very solid saterday. If Sveta wins, than she deserves it and would have played a great game. No regrets but admiration for the russian.

If they play the final like they played today, than I think Justine will have no problem. But I expect Sveta to rise her game and take more weapon to battle Justine.

Hope for a good game. Not like last year.

thrust
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Sveta could be very tough, but I think Justine will wants this tournament too much. Sveta will have to play her very best, or Justine will have to have an off day in order for Justine to lose. At least I hope Justine can win her third FO!!

goldenboi356
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:50 PM
i'm sorta am and not. want ju to win though

Carmen Mairena
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Not me ;)

Nicjac
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Helen is right, but somehow I am not really worried. Let's have a great final :D

Disaster Inn2
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I am so worried. Sveta is no pushover fo sure!!!!

middy
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:30 PM
I am worried too, last year when they played against each other at RG the conditions were similar to those on Saturday. It was a tough 3 setter which Sveta should have won IMO but choked. Anyway, I hope both players come out firing and that Justine defends her title. I want the 2 players in my avatar walking away with the RG trophy this year. Allez mon cherie :rocker2:

manu32
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:32 PM
another bad final......justine easily..

pigam
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:13 PM
yes, very.
never count Sveta out.
but, i do believ that IF both play their best, justine will win.

bis2806
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:15 PM
No, Justine will see fear in her eyes again and Sveta will self-destruct. Allez!

flyingmachine
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:13 PM
yes, very.
never count Sveta out.
but, i do believ that IF both play their best, justine will win.
You are very right on that you just can't count Sveta out especially when she is a underdog like this match. Anyway, I love both players I only hope it will not ended up like AO 06 :scared:

auntie janie
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Yes, I'm worried. I think Justine is a little scared of Sveta, despite her great record against her. Something about Sveta's game troubles Justine. So of course I'm nervous! :(

On the other hand, I am fortunate in that I like Sveta a lot. So a win by her wouldn't be a huge disaster in my view. :)

vejh
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:31 PM
I don't think Jhh is scared of her game, as Sveta's game is scary when it's on. Surprisingly, even though I really want JHH to win, I would be happy for Sveta just because it's no frills with both of these girls. It's all about tennis and working it out on court.

JHH is such a warrior. You in those intense moments in a battle, when the oppoenent looks the other in the eye, and approaches him/her head on, that's JHH. She takes it all in, and let's it all out. She looks fear in the eyes and pounce.lol. I just find that statement by juju (re fear in Sveta's eyes) as so bare and raw. I love that spirit. Pity I'm not like that, but I love that "grabbing the bull by the horn" spirit.

mboyle
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Paris ain't no Melbourne. Juju is gonna kick ass and take names. Straight sets, though Sveta will keep it dramatic in the second set.

faste5683
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:45 PM
I always worry about Kuzi - she is so tough!

:wavey:

Freakan
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:46 PM
I'm not a big fan of JHH but I was more worried about Kim than about Sveta ;)

Justine Fan
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I'm always :scared: whatever match Justine plays, but with Svets it's double :scared: and :unsure:

Sveta is a fabulous player and is another one who never gives up and always give Justine a good run for her money. They both want to win another Grand Slam, so may the best one win! I hope and pray that it's Justine, but I don't feel it will be an easy match for her.

I'm hoping she finally brings out her "A" game like she did against Dementieva in the Fed Cup and then it will be an easy match, but I don't think she'll be able to do that against Sveta, unless Sveta gets struck down by nerves.

Good luck to both of them! :worship: :worship:

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:44 AM
It's anyone's match.

SF

meyerpl
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:52 AM
The longer the match goes, the better chance Kuznetsova has.

Crazy Canuck
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Sveta seems like she could either blow Justiner off court, or blow herself off court. I suspect we'll see a little bit of both in what will hopefully be a three set match ;)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Anyone who thinks Justine will win this easily and Sveta not giving any challenge at all must be either too overconfident or has never seen Sveta play on clay before.

This girl can produce an upset on Sat. And to avoid that, Justine will have to drive like Alonso on the racetrack to defeat her.

Never look down on Sveta on clay, or it would be the biggest mistake of your life.

nytrainer
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:27 AM
I dont care who wins. Both these girls are all about the tennis. The player that wants it more will win. I just want to see good tennis.