PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Justine's Play vs. Kimmy, is there ANY DOUBT about Justine AOpen 06'final

Reuchlin
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Seeing Justine's Play vs. Kimmy, is there ANY DOUBTthat Justine would have won Ausopen 2006 had she been healthy? Is there any doubt that had Justine been healthy Amelie would have been TOAST? Kim tried hitting a lot of high balls, yet she wasn't winning any points :tape: :tape:

RAA
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:31 PM
two different matches, opponents, conditions, situations.

a lot of "what ifs"...

treufreund
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
seeing justine slap amelie down 4 weeks ago on clay 62 61 in berlin left no doubt in my mind. amelie should thank her lucky stars that juju was sick as opposed to whining on about it. :(

Linnie
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:36 PM

a lot of "what ifs"...
Exactly.

vertigo
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Seeing Justine's Play vs. Kimmy, is there ANY DOUBTthat Justine would have won Ausopen 2006 had she been healthy? Is there any doubt that had Justine been healthy Amelie would have been TOAST? Kim tried hitting a lot of high balls, yet she wasn't winning any points :tape: :tape:

No way. :p
Amelie was on FIRE that day. She would have won regardless.

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.

Morrissey
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM
I feel like Justine handed that grand slam in Australia to Amelie. Amelie should be thanking Justine for providing her the gift of a grand slam title.

vertigo
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:39 PM
I feel like Justine handed that grand slam in Australia to Amelie. Amelie should be thanking Justine for providing her the gift of a grand slam title.

*ahem* Or, robbing her of the experience of winning a grandslam title properly ......

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:40 PM
amelie would have won. during the WTA championships and at The Australian Open, we saw a different player. unfortunately, looks like she lost some steam.

LoveFifteen
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Justine pulls one of the most disgraceful stunts in the Open Era, and we should thank her for it. PUH-LEEZE!!!

Reuchlin
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:44 PM
amelie would have won. during the WTA championships and at The Australian Open, we saw a different player. unfortunately, looks like she lost some steam.
Amelie didn't hit a winner against A SICK Justine until the last game of the first set and lost the first to a very injured KIM.

bellascarlett
Well this is all hypothetical and as much as I thought before that AO final match began that Justine had better chances of winning, these kinds of questions are really unfair to Amelie especially several months after the event. I also thought she played quite well so there's really no guarantee.

Ryan
I didn't think Justine played THAT great; not to mention that Kim played awful. I think if Justine was 100% healthy against Mauresmo it would have been much closer, but Amelie wouldn't roll over and die like Kim did.

Leo_DFP
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM
You think the way Kim played today is comparable to the way Amelie played in the AO final? What a joke. Amelie owned that tournament. She wasn't going to lose to anyone, certainly not Henin-Hardenne. Justine had her shot and she decided not to finish the match, and no, stomach pain is not an excuse.

DragonFlame
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM
australia was a fluke and it has been proven it is untill now. we will see if it changes.

Leo_DFP
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Nasty little bitch pulls one of the most disgraceful stunts in the Open Era, and we should thank her for it. PUH-LEEZE!!!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Floydrose
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:47 PM

Agree, after her heroic wins in AO, Amélie said she was ready to die on court.

Now, we saw a player dying on the court of Berlin against Justine and on P. Chatrier court against Vaidisova. :angel:

Kart
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:50 PM

Watching a doubly injured Petrova defeat Justine on her favourite surface in Berlin gives me no doubt that Amelie would have toasted her with or without her overdosed on painkillers :).

griffin
Seeing threads like this, I half wonder if the starter's intent is to KEEP people angry with Justine.

Just a thought ;)

(and what RAA said)

Leo_DFP
The sad part is that people buy into Justine's stunt. That's what she wanted everyone to believe by retiring. That she would have won if healthy... even though she claimed to be at top health just 2 days before.

No.

Rollo
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:51 PM

Please:rolleyes: Had Henin been winning everything in sight up to that point? The WTA finals (where Mauresmo won), last year's US open-or ANY Aussie Open up to that point?

Thought so.

Besides,you shouldn't jinx Justine by such a display of sour grapes BEFORE she's even played Kuzy in the final. Should she lose that match you'd better go into hiding.

Justine played well and won-why not be happy be happy and celebrate like a good fan rather than a "fan"atic? :)

PS Nice post RAA

Lady
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Seeing threads like this, I half wonder if the starter's intent is to KEEP people angry with Justine.

Just a thought ;)

(and what RAA said)

Me too. :shrug:
That's why I believe some haters enjoy posing as Ju (or any other) fans.

Really, who cares. Amelie won, that's the end, let's move on!!

No.1Hingis
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:54 PM
I always believe you Justine!!! jajaja!! Yes.. Justine most win AO in healthy conditions..

And even Martina (personally) did not say anything.. cause her politic about excuses.. I believe more than before.. she was sick Thuesday... So sorry Kim..

JUSTINE IS THE QUEEN WITHOUT CROWN..

villa
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Had Venus and Serena been healthy at the 2003 us open and 2004 oz open is there any doubt justine would only be holding 2 grand slams today?? None i'm afraid.

Shit happends, being healthy is probably the most important factor in tennis.

Thanks

LoveFifteen
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Health, endurance, fitness, etc. are just as important as solid serve, forehand, backhand, etc. If you don't show up healthy, it's your fault, not your opponents. This argument is about as pointless as saying that Hingis would've won the AO 2002 if it hadn't been so hot during the final.

harloo
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:45 PM
It would be nice if you stopped creating all these "what if" threads. Justine made her bed at the AO this year and she has to lay in it.

Apoleb
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM
:lol: :lol: @ "Amelie was on fire."

All she basically did in the AO final was put the ball in court. Justine obviously couldn't handle the top spin very well, but she was clearly not physically fit, from the start of the match. The two played many times before, and Justine was more than good in handling Amelie's top spin.

Concerning the "what if" question, Justine was the best player in AO. So yes, I think she would've won it if she was in a good health.

kosmikgroove
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:53 PM
amelie won. let's focus on Roland Garros.

some people (justine fans and haters alike) are never content to let history stand as it is.

slams
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:53 PM
That AO match was SO OVER and people are still harping on it.... get a life, move on...

"What if", "Which player is better than who" threads show alot of inmaturity.

tennisfan2480
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I think Amelie would have won the AO anyway. Amelie stated, 'She was willing to die on the court' .... in order to win. AO is a great surface for her. In the French, it's quite the different story.

alfonsojose
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Amelie will be fine, but winning RG, don't think so

Ceze
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM

a lot of "what ifs"...Exactly ;)

MinnyGophers
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Amelie didn't hit a winner against A SICK Justine until the last game of the first set and lost the first to a very injured KIM.

Huh excuse me but she did beat Kim at the Masters fairly. Actually she beat her the last three times they played. Also, Kim wasn't injured (or VERY injured like you suggest it) until her ankle popped at the AO.
Also, Justine vs Amelie H2H is very close, so you cannot predict who would have won, had Justine not retired. Amelie is probably one of a very few numbers of opponents that can match up with Justine. As for Berlin, we can very easily say that Amelie was tired after playing so many tournaments in a row. Amelie was on fire during the whole Australian Open. Justine had no problem reaching the finals. Make it what you want it to be, but Amelie's name is on that trophy forever. Period.

Pointless thread.

pcrtennis
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:01 PM
get over it

lizchris
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:03 PM
I think she was sick and I think she would have won the AO if she wasn't.

MinnyGophers
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:07 PM
australia was a fluke and it has been proven it is untill now. we will see if it changes.

How has it been proven? By Amelie winning the Masters before the AO? Or by Amelie winning Gaz de France vs Pierce and Antwerp vs Kim Clijsters after and gaining the top spot?

If you believe that Amelie losing at RG is a sign that she is not deserving of being a Slam Champion, you should probably follower her career a little more closely, especially in the months of may-june in France. :lol:

treufreund
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:08 PM
In a way, I feel like Justine might have won had she been healthy. But Amelie had a great tourney there and totally deserves the title. I wonder if Amelie would have even closed out Kim Clijsters in the semis, but we will never know, will we? Amelie won and IS A CHAMPION. End of story. Justine lost that day and was sad about it. Saturday she can truly put that behind her.

Carmen Mairena
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:16 PM
There's no need to be so harsh on Amélie again and again. Justine was ill (YES, SHE WAS) and Amélie played very well and won the match. That's all the story. Sometimes you win because your opponent retires. Too bad it was in a GS final, but such things happen from time to time.

I agree that Justine's got the biggest game in today's tennis. But Amélie won in Melbourne and that's what matters.

Justine :awww: :hug:

Amélie :awww: :hug:

Nickk
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Why so much talk?

Justine wasn't sick at the AO. It was all fake. She just couldn't handle Amélie.

IceHock
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:22 PM
amelie would have won that match no matter what.like she said she would have died on the court before she left it without the trophy.she was too good that day even for a healthy justine.

Zippy
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Probable Fact: Justine was ill during the AO 06 final. And anyone who had followed her play up till the final of that tournament could probably see that clearly.

True Fact: Even if Justine wasn't ill during the final, we will never know if she would've won it. That is all speculation, and a bunch of ifs, would've, could've, should'ves, etc.

True Fact: Amelie is the AO 06 Champion.

My Opinion: We need to quit harping on it, and trying to speculate things. And be proud of Amelie for what she accomplished there (AO 06) whether you're a fan of hers or not.

anlavalle
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:09 PM

Yes because Kim play like crap, JHH din`t do that much

new-york
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:20 PM
No, not anymore. She looked very solid.

Exactly like Amélie in that mentionned final. :) Inspiration?

faste5683
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Any rational person would have doubts...aren't you going a bit overboard?

:wavey:

Sam L
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:02 AM
The Choko tag will be hard to shake off. That's all I'm saying.

Justine Fan
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Agree, after her heroic wins in AO, Amélie said she was ready to die on court.

Now, we saw a player dying on the court of Berlin against Justine and on P. Chatrier court against Vaidisova. :angel:

Oooh a bit below the belt :tape: :tape: ;)

Justine Fan
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Pagliacci

Please don't make more trouble than is needed. If you were a true Justine fan, you wouldn't want the bashing of Justine to start again would you? She's in the FO final, be happy with that OK? :yeah:

BTW Amelie was really up for it that day and I think Amelie would have won it - you could see it in her eyes and her body language!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:04 AM

The truth is, Amelie had won the title that day (it doesn't matter how), and that's history. That's the life of tennis.

If you want to know the answer, you can ask the help of a scientist to create a time machine for you to travel back in time. Maybe you can also change history by warning Justine of the events that is about to follow, and with the information, Justine wins the AO Title and her 5th slam...

... oh wait, there isn't a scientist who can do that... so far... :lol:

There's another year, another chance, another winner. So, let's go on with the future shall we? :wavey:

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:28 AM

Reading this made me want to puke...

SF

meyerpl
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Justine was getting her ass handed to her by Mauresmo and she packed it in. Later that night, she was seen dancing the night away in a popular Melbourn nightclub and drinking body shots of Jagermeister.

LoveFifteen
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Justine was getting her ass handed to her by Mauresmo and she packed it in. Later that night, she was seen dancing the night away in a popular Melbourn nightclub and drinking body shots of Jagermeister.

Did Pierre-Yves take her to a gay club again? Allez! :angel: