PDA

View Full Version : Will we get another blowout RG final this year

Viktymise
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:19 PM
With Justine going in as favourite and having looked in great form throughout RG there is a possibility that Henin could blow her way, Kuznetsova hasnt been in amazing form all tournament just fighting through alot of her matches, will she have enough left in the tank to make this final a competitive one or maybe win, what do you think :)

E. Blackadder
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:21 PM
If Kuznetsova can pull her heavy spin balls out of the hat she has a chance, if she played like today she won't stand a chance

selyoink
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Nope, we will get a good entertaining match.

Helen Lawson
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:24 PM
It can't get any worse than last year. I like them both, so good luck, ladies, and please at least give us something halfway decent! They had a tough 3-setter in Warsaw two years ago, so it's possible.

Drake1980
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Hopefully Justine wins like 6-4, 6-3 or so, so not a complete blowout

Il Primo!
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I think Sveta may feel herself like a survivor after her difficult win today so she could make some sparks saturday...

samn
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:04 PM
I doubt it. Kuznetsova has taken Henin-Hardenne to three sets on clay in the past and even held a couple of matchpoints in their fourth round encounter last year. I have a feeling that SK is going to make amends for blowing matchpoints against the eventual champion in 2004 and 2005, and win the title in three sets over Henin-Hardenne.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:15 PM
I think the WTA are due for a good roland garros final. This year is the year after bad 03,04,05 finals.

fifiricci
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I hope so, I'm fed up of players handing the RG title to Justine on a plate :rolleyes:

RJWCapriati
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Henin - 6-1, 6-0

No.1Hingis
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Yep.. Justine is gonna win.. period.. is not exciting for me..

TomTennis
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:39 PM
If it had been Venus v Justine then no :tape: :lol: ---> ignore me. Im just still thinking about the quaters :tape: :rolleyes:

As someone said above, it cant get any worse than the last three years! Plus there games seem to match up well. I think it will be tough, seen as Sveta relaly played the survivor card today so she will have a fighting spirit. Im thinking three sets, with Justine's experience pulling it out in the final set.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:42 PM
i have the feeling it'll be a good 3-setter :)

Stamp Paid
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I hope not, and I hope Sveta can win. :awww:

Viktymise
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:44 PM
If it had been Venus v Justine then no :tape: :lol: ---> ignore me. Im just still thinking about the quaters :tape: :rolleyes:

As someone said above, it cant get any worse than the last three years! Plus there games seem to match up well. I think it will be tough, seen as Sveta relaly played the survivor card today so she will have a fighting spirit. Im thinking three sets, with Justine's experience pulling it out in the final set.
I know how exciting would it be ifit was a vee - henin final what a prospect it could have been but oh well

Justine Fan
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:23 AM
I hope so, I'm fed up of players handing the RG title to Justine on a plate :rolleyes:

Don't be bitter fifi! :lol: :lol:

Here's a :hug: to make you feel better. Nem mind ... there's always the USO!

MH0861
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Hopefully Kuzy won't be a nervous wreck and be ready to go from the very first point. I still think Justine will win in straights, though.

Corswandt
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Will we get another blowout RG final this year

I think so. JHH will rout Kuznetsova with relative ease, even if Kuznetsova is serving well.

Clijsters is a much better player than Kuznetsova, and look what JHH did to her. JHH's serve was nearly flawless, and her movement and consistency were simply superb.

The Daviator
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Henin - 6-1, 6-0

:lol: It would funny if that happened! The pattern has been...

2003 - 4 games won by the loser
2004 - 3 games won by the loser
2005 - 2 games won by the loser
2006 - :unsure:

Dawn Marie
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:33 AM
I don't think so. Sveta knows how to play on clay. She just doesn't hit hard with no plan B. Infact Sveta can take a set or even win the slam title. Sveta's problem is her nerves. Yet she has shown that she is a fighter. Also Juju used to have bad nerves until she won a break thru slam. Well maybe this can be Sveta's turn at a break thru nerve playing slam. She'll win and start kicking the tours ass because her nerves are under control. The kid is fit and was taught by ASV and Navratilova. I'm sure the kid is getting pointers on how to beat Justine on clay. I actually think Sveta is fitter than Juju. One more thing Nicole was pplaying with nothing to lose and she was just going for her shots by bashing the ball. IMHO she was a tougher opponent than Kim who plays passive. So let's not judge Sveta's match with Nikkie. I actually think Sveta likes the fact that she has more power than Justine.