PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Venus Williams??

Il Primo!
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I just don't understand why it takes her so long to fix her game again..I mean,since her stomach injury at Varsaw in 2003 against Amé Momo...*sigh*...which turned more serious at the end of Wimbledon something relly changed..Dunno if the death or her sister affected her game too but at her comeback in the OZ2004,she started being unpredictable...She always struggles to pass first rounds and seems vulnerable against average players and ambitious youngsters...
I thought she resolved this issue at the latest Wimbledon but
no.I really thought the Venus2000 was back but her loss against Kim Clijsters really changed my mind..OK she was injured,but not only it was a little illness but also she knew how to come out of it in the past...

OK,she made a decent RG,not a significant win but it was pretty good consedering that she has played well only once at RG... But herloss against Nikki was kind of pathetic to me,sorry..

Do you think she will find her A+ game at London..People used to say that the real Venus only existed between Wimbly and the USOpen(these two included,for sure ;) ). But on the other hand,tennis is getting more and more close and tied these latest times so...I'm confused. What do you think about that?

Viktymise
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:24 PM
She is on the way up, she has done really well at RG considering it was only her 4th tournament of the yr, clay never suits her game, it brings too many UE for her which is why she lost to Vaidisova but on grassshe wont be making those kinda of bad errors and she will be a strong threat for the title, there isint anything wrong she is just trying to find her range and i think she nearly has it

Il Primo!
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:30 PM
She is on the way up, she has done really well at RG considering it was only her 4th tournament of the yr, clay never suits her game, it brings too many UE for her which is why she lost to Vaidisova but on grassshe wont be making those kinda of bad errors and she will be a strong threat for the title, there isint anything wrong she is just trying to find her range and i think she nearly has it

I hope you're right but her vulnerabilty in the first rounds is rather worrying. I mean her opponents might say to themself they can beat her on any surface...Less and less players are afraid of her now. And it's very important to be intimidating,it gives you a huge psychological advantage.Maybe Venus still benefit of this at Wimbledon but I'm not sure

Viktymise
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:38 PM
I hope you're right but her vulnerabilty in the first rounds is rather worrying. I mean her opponents might say to themself they can beat her on any surface...Less and less players are afraid of her now. And it's very important to be intimidating,it gives you a huge psychological advantage.Maybe Venus still benefit of this at Wimbledon but I'm not sure
I dont think she is gonna lose 1st round of Wimbledon anyway, if there is a place where she does instill some fear is Wimbledon on grass, unless she gets a top 40 player in the 1st round who plays super stuff i cant see it happening but she looks like she really wants to defend Wimbledon

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:38 PM
this is her third tournament back, what's wrong with you?!?

Il Primo!
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry but if you compare her to the belgian you will see that the fact that it's her third or Xth tourney doesn't really matter. PLUS,you should read much better,dude, I'm also refering to her 2004 season,so :kiss:

I thought it was natural to concern about my favorite player,year you're right,there's something wrong with me...

Direwolf
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:52 PM
well..I really feel sorry for Venus myself...she really wanted to be back on the courts...but somehow everytime shes on a roll...something seems to happen...
Clay 2004 Ankle Roll
Summer 2004 WRIST..OMG...!!! that match against Lindsay...
2005...I thought that she would really come back...she sed (?)was fixing something and there were some issues y she couldnt really pla that much on red clay therefore she probably FORCEd herself on playing that Green Clay...
Wimbly 2005 pre/post...she was thinking too much, handling too much, she has too much burden on her shoulders especially by playing that Clay to Grass to Clay to Hardcourt...

And she still had those injuries and retiring from matches in Tokyo and Beijing...

And there is this thing about Venus, when shes positive and after having that first tournament... she usually goes on a roll...

dreamgoddess099
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:56 PM
:lol: Anyway, the bar is set so much higher for Venus and Serena, everybody knows the high level of play they have within them and we always expect them to show it. That level is still there, but they just can't call on it at will the way they used to, the way we're used to seeing them do. It's frustrating for them and their fans. It just means that when they do get back to that level they'll work harder to stay there.

Il Primo!
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:59 PM
:lol: Anyway, the bar is set so much higher for Venus and Serena, everybody knows the high level of play they have within them and we always expect them to show it. That level is still there, but they just can't call on it at will the way they used to, the way we're used to seeing them do. It's frustrating for them and their fans. It just means that when they do get back to that level they'll work harder to stay there.

Weirdly,I'm not worried at all about Serena..It's just Venus who drives me sick :confused:

vwfan
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I don't know. I was really disappointed after that match and loss lots of vcash too!

She just can't sustain highlevel play these days, especially against top players and as you say hungry, "nothing to lose" youngsters. Look at all her matches post Wimbledon and the pattern is there:

Kim Stanford F (brilliant save against Patty, collapse against Kim in next round)
Kim Open QF (on her racket, up a set and break, collapse final set)
Pironkova 1st round (brilliant first set, collapse second set)
Sveta German Open QF (brilliant save against Hingis, collapse next round)
Martina (brilliant first set bagel, collapse)
Vaidsova (brilliant first set save, collapse)

So sad. I hope her game clicks at Wimbledon, otherwise she'll lose lots of points. :sad:

K-Dog
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Weirdly,I'm not worried at all about Serena..It's just Venus who drives me sick :confused:

you need to cool it. quit worrying. Venus is working the kinks out. She was off for almost 3 months. Venus is trying to play a very high risk, forward-moving game and that takes a while to get to top form. She started her mini-comeback on clay, the hardest surface to be aggresive on. When you don't play for awhile, it takes time to trust yourself on the court again. She played three tournaments and made great strides in those events. Personally, I think that she did better than I thought she would in the first place. When you get to her level and play the high-quality players that she does, it takes time and failure to get better. Venus will work harder and harder to get back. Not to forget, Venus was trying to play grass court tennis on clay. She didn't back away from her gameplan to be aggresive and I commend her for that. If she doesn't try to stick to playing aggresive throughout a whole match, then it will never become easy for her in the long run. Once her mind figures itself out and she becomes completely confident, you will see a much more consistent and much more deadly Venus on the grass. Tennis is all about belief in yourself and confidence. Back in 2000-2001, Venus had rough patches. Remember 2000 clay court season after the lay-off? That was terrible tennis from Venus. Her mini-comeback in 2006 on the clay was much more promising and much better tennis from Venus. Venus will be completely back and dominating on the grass and the summer hardcourts. I promise you that.

btw, you should be worried about Serena. she hasn't been in shape for over a year now. her game and footspeed have been WAY off for a long time and we don't know her mindframe at the moment if she is tired of tennis or if she really wants to be on the courts. as much as I want to see Serena back on the courts, I don't want her playing because she feels that she has to. that is not a good way to go about business.

Morrissey
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Why couldn't Viadasova choke against Venus or Amelie? Why did she have to choke today? Venus just didn't play well this French Open she struggled in all the four matches she won. I just feel like her game is more suited for a faster surface balls that were flying out on clay would land in on a hard court. However, I do believe Venus needs to use her head more when on clay you've got to have patience like Svetlana had today. Svetlana just let Nicole self destruct and she did.

Il Primo!
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:55 PM
you need to cool it. quit worrying. Venus is working the kinks out. She was off for almost 3 months. Venus is trying to play a very high risk, forward-moving game and that takes a while to get to top form. She started her mini-comeback on clay, the hardest surface to be aggresive on. When you don't play for awhile, it takes time to trust yourself on the court again. She played three tournaments and made great strides in those events. Personally, I think that she did better than I thought she would in the first place. When you get to her level and play the high-quality players that she does, it takes time and failure to get better. Venus will work harder and harder to get back. Not to forget, Venus was trying to play grass court tennis on clay. She didn't back away from her gameplan to be aggresive and I commend her for that. If she doesn't try to stick to playing aggresive throughout a whole match, then it will never become easy for her in the long run. Once her mind figures itself out and she becomes completely confident, you will see a much more consistent and much more deadly Venus on the grass. Tennis is all about belief in yourself and confidence. Back in 2000-2001, Venus had rough patches. Remember 2000 clay court season after the lay-off? That was terrible tennis from Venus. Her mini-comeback in 2006 on the clay was much more promising and much better tennis from Venus. Venus will be completely back and dominating on the grass and the summer hardcourts. I promise you that.

btw, you should be worried about Serena. she hasn't been in shape for over a year now. her game and footspeed have been WAY off for a long time and we don't know her mindframe at the moment if she is tired of tennis or if she really wants to be on the courts. as much as I want to see Serena back on the courts, I don't want her playing because she feels that she has to. that is not a good way to go about business.

Thank you so much for this detailled and complete explanation :worship: :bigclap: It's really good to read some positive stuffs like that about Venus. I really want to believe in what you're saying.

And,frankly Serena is Serena...If Hingis came back stronger,Serena can make it much bigger,no doubt about it ;)

Timariot
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Nothing wrong with her, game has just passed by her...

sfselesfan
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:01 PM

I respectfully disagree. This statement should not apply to the defending Wimbledon champion under any circumstances. She holds the most coveted title in tennis and you're insinuating she's washed up?!?!

SF

Il Primo!
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:05 PM

waowwww,damm..:cuckoo:

K-Dog
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Thank you so much for this detailled and complete explanation :worship: :bigclap: It's really good to read some positive stuffs like that about Venus. I really want to believe in what you're saying.

And,frankly Serena is Serena...If Hingis came back stronger,Serena can make it much bigger,no doubt about it ;)

no problem. too many people are worried about Venus. i could be too optimistic, but as a tennis player myself, I go through the same thing after lay-offs. even two week lay-offs can be bad for your confidence. tennis is a muscle memory sport and once your muscles get into that zone, then your brain doesn't freak-out when things go wrong. i saw some good things from Venus at RG, but unfortunately she couldn't produce enough positive tennis to win. for me, RG isn't the big picture. Wimbledon is the main goal for Venus this year and I think that things are going her way for her to have a good run there.

i'm not so sure about serena at the moment. I hope that Nick is training her hard and getting some more structure and discipline in her work-outs. I'm praying that Serena takes advantage of Nick's facilities and gets a lot of matches with the players at the academy. Serena has about 6-7 weeks until she comes back. In that time, she can make great strides and play some high quality stuff at the USO.

K-Dog
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:06 PM

who do you support?

Timariot
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:08 PM
I respectfully disagree. This statement should not apply to the defending Wimbledon champion under any circumstances. She holds the most coveted title in tennis and you're insinuating she's washed up?!?!

Well duh, that was the same reason people used to give about decline of Hingis' results, surely same logic applies here?

sfselesfan
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Well duh, that was the same reason people used to give about decline of Hingis' results, surely same logic applies here?

Hingis has yet to come back and win a slam. Hingis did not go through a period of prolonged injury. Venus has had to come back from repeated injuries to reach slam finals and capture a third Wimbledon. I would compare Venus' career path with Steffi. People counted her out after her long back injury...but she came back to win the 1999 French and reach the final of 1999 Wimbledon before she retired at the top of the game.

I don't think it's true, or appropriate, to argue that the game has passed Venus by. She has continued to show an ability to come back from injury with little court time and really make a dent in a slam draw.

Maybe you should hold off on that opinion until Wimbledon and the summer hardcourt season conclude.

SF

Timariot
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Hingis has yet to come back and win a slam. Hingis did not go through a period of prolonged injury.

Really? What were the last 5 years all about then?

Paneru
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:55 PM
I just don't understand why it takes her so long to fix her game again..I mean,since her stomach injury at Varsaw in 2003 against Amé Momo...*sigh*...which turned more serious at the end of Wimbledon something relly changed..Dunno if the death or her sister affected her game too but at her comeback in the OZ2004,she started being unpredictable...She always struggles to pass first rounds and seems vulnerable against average players and ambitious youngsters...
I thought she resolved this issue at the latest Wimbledon but
no.I really thought the Venus2000 was back but her loss against Kim Clijsters really changed my mind..OK she was injured,but not only it was a little illness but also she knew how to come out of it in the past...

OK,she made a decent RG,not a significant win but it was pretty good consedering that she has played well only once at RG... But herloss against Nikki was kind of pathetic to me,sorry..

Do you think she will find her A+ game at London..People used to say that the real Venus only existed between Wimbly and the USOpen(these two included,for sure ;) ). But on the other hand,tennis is getting more and more close and tied these latest times so...I'm confused. What do you think about that?

IMO, you need to chill!
BIGTIME! :cool:

If you think rationally, it's obvious that injuries take a
major toll on Venus and the frequency of injuries do
hinder her flow, especially as a rythym player.
Stop and start, stop and start., stop and start.

1. If people actually paid attention at the beginning
of 05', you saw Wimbledon coming as I was saying
weeks before Wimbledon.

In the various tournaments, you saw good serving,
groundstrokes, ect... appearing at various times but
never really all at once to win the tournaments. Everything
was there, including the desire(even pronounced critic
Evert felt during Fed Cup that year that Venus had rededicated
herself to tennis) to try and get her game and winning ways back.

Grass, on which her game is perfectly suited saw all the floating
elements of her game come together and gel. All her work
finally paid off in the biggest way.

2. Her schedule after, even though it turned out to hinder her
a bit, showed her desire and wantingness to play. Played Fed Cup,
WTT, Stanford, plus media work for her tv show in successive weeks.
Taking nothing away from Myskina or Clijsters, fatigue set in making it
hard to keep up her game and making her body vulnerable to injury.

3. Comnig off a month long injury, she entered the US Open still
holding form yet in the QF, she was in totally control for a set and
a half, and then suddenly something happened to Venus I've never
seen before, fatigue. I had never seen her that winded in any match
since 99' and she was really puffing. Wheather injury or lack of
conditioning due to the recent injury, it happened and IMO
costed her her 6th Slam.

She then went to Beijing and the knee finally put her out of
commission for some four months. And in hindsight, Venus herself
said, it should've been seven considering she wasn't healed enough
to have even played in Australia. Yet, we know Venus is one to never
forego Slams if at all possible.

4. Since Venus' return in Warsaw, she has progressed more quickly
than ever off of a three month or longer injury period. People on
this board bashed her as not caring and not practicing and all
that bs becauseshe dared to go to a couple premiere's. Yet,
she proved them all wrong and full of it as her form looked
better than it ever had so soon.

Again, Venus' elements are all there and are coming
together quicker than before, but it all still has to gel
and to do that on clay is ofcourse the most
challenging for Venus.

Most notable thing, her serve. Due to her elbow injury, their was no
serving for Venus. Hence, her serve being there but w/o and regularity
or continuous flow because she's had very little practice. And it's one
thing she specifically mentioned after her QF RG loss, which she'll be
working on for the grass.

Her groundstrokes are looking very well. And again, on the clay
it forces Venus to think more instead of going on instinct and Venus
has more time to think and tends to overthink the shots. Not to mention
she has to be more patient on clay. In the QF, she was forcing the issue
and getting frustrated going for too much and causing her to make more mistakes.

5. On grass, Venus has to do none of those things.
Venus can be as ruthless and as lethal as we know
her game can be. Grass helps Venus bring out the
best her game has to offer!

6. Venus' determination and will haven't be as strong
as they've been from last year at Wimbledon to the
present since 00'-01' when she was dominating!
Venus has that fire and she wants it! Her game,
level of fight, and form have more than shown
Venus is back!

If you doubt that, go to youtube at watch her
Glamour Magazine Award Speech. "Serena definitely
had more heart than me, I don't know about that now."

Also, as I said in Planet Venus,
If Venus had the response to 05' RG as the majority on this board,
she would have never become a 3-Time Wimbledon Champion!
Miss Venus and self-pity DO NOT mix!

So, I say chill out!
If you'll remember, Venus' 2000 season
started quite similarly to this season.

Venus deals with everything that life throws at her
with perspective and simply deals with it!

If you think that somehow Venus can't do this or that
having looked at her history and circumstances now,
then you don't know Venus and don't pay attention.

Should Venus be bemoaned coming off of a QF-SF-QF
on clay after a three month layoff heading to Wimbledon,
don't be surprised to have Venus shut naysayers down
just like that! Deja vu. :angel:

Paneru
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:57 PM
who do you support?
:lol:

Trolls always bash others to make themselves
feel better about whom they support.

venus_rulez
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:58 PM

Hingis hasn't one a slam since Australia 1999, Venus is currently holding Wimbledon. Not even remotely the same thing.

Paneru
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Nice to see a game that has passed her by
still see's her as a Slam Title Holder! :wavey:

mboyle
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Venus' game is all about confidence. She no longer KNOWS for sure that she will win if she steps onto the court. She has like 1 or 2% doubt now. Mix that with younger players who know no fear and believe they can win, and you have the perfect formula for the steady torrent of errors that flow off of Venus' racquet especially against younger players we would expect her to beat. This will not happen on grass. If she makes the SF of Wimbledon, she will win unless Maria plays the match of her life.

junlee_vee
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:27 AM
IMO, you need to chill!

weeks before Wimbledon.

3. Comnig off a month long injury, she entered the US Open still holding form
yet in the QF, she was in totally control for a set and a half, and then suddenly something happened to Venus I've never seen before, fatigue. I
had never seen her that winded in any match since 99' and she was really puffing. Wheather injury or lack of conditioning due to the recent injury, it
happened and IMO costed her her 6th Slam.

She then went to Beijing and the knee finally put her out of commission for
some four months. And in hindsight, Venus herself said, it should've been seven considering she wasn't healed enough to have even played in Australia.
Yet, we know Venus is one to never forego Slams if at all possible.

4. Since Venus' return in Warsaw, she has progressed more quickly than ever off of a three month or longer injury period. People on this board bashed her as not caring and not practicing and all that bs becauseshe dared to go to a couple premiere's. Yet, she proved them all wrong and full of it as her form looked better than it ever had so soon.

Again, Venus' elements are all there and are coming together quicker
than before, but it all still has to gel and to do that on clay is ofcourse
the most challenging for Venus.

and getting frustrated going for too much and causing her to make more mistakes.

5. On grass, Venus has to do none of those things. Venus can be as ruthless and as lethal as we know her game can be. Grass helps Venus bring out the best her game has to offer!

6. Venus' determination and will haven't be as strong as they've benn from last year at Wimbledon to the present since 00'-01' when she was dominating! Venus has that fire and she wants it! Her game, leel of fight,
and form have more than shown Venus is back!

If you doubt that, go to youtube at watch her Glamour Magazine Award Speech. "Serena definitely had more heart than me, I don't know about that now."

So, I say chill out!

Awesome post! I seriously couldn't have said it better!

K-Dog
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Venus' game is all about confidence. She no longer KNOWS for sure that she will win if she steps onto the court. She has like 1 or 2% doubt now. Mix that with younger players who know no fear and believe they can win, and you have the perfect formula for the steady torrent of errors that flow off of Venus' racquet especially against younger players we would expect her to beat. This will not happen on grass. If she makes the SF of Wimbledon, she will win unless Maria plays the match of her life.

for once I agree with you on something about tennis.

Paneru
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Awesome post! I seriously couldn't have said it better!Thanks.

Pardon some of my
gramatical errors. ;)

PLP
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Why couldn't Viadasova choke against Venus or Amelie? Why did she have to choke today? Venus just didn't play well this French Open she struggled in all the four matches she won. I just feel like her game is more suited for a faster surface balls that were flying out on clay would land in on a hard court. However, I do believe Venus needs to use her head more when on clay you've got to have patience like Svetlana had today. Svetlana just let Nicole self destruct and she did.
She's 17...Nicole has had a remarkable tournament, Sveta knew what to do, Venus and Momo just didn't, couldn't at that particular moment.

Venus is doing fine and honestly, she doesn't need her A game to win Wimbledon, depending on the draw she might just have to play a few good matches. As long as she has the belief that she will win, she probably will at least make the final, even with just her B game...she is just too perfect for those courts>P

vesanto
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:49 AM
IMO, you need to chill!

weeks before Wimbledon.

3. Comnig off a month long injury, she entered the US Open still holding form
yet in the QF, she was in totally control for a set and a half, and then suddenly something happened to Venus I've never seen before, fatigue. I
had never seen her that winded in any match since 99' and she was really puffing. Wheather injury or lack of conditioning due to the recent injury, it
happened and IMO costed her her 6th Slam.

She then went to Beijing and the knee finally put her out of commission for
some four months. And in hindsight, Venus herself said, it should've been seven considering she wasn't healed enough to have even played in Australia.
Yet, we know Venus is one to never forego Slams if at all possible.

4. Since Venus' return in Warsaw, she has progressed more quickly than ever off of a three month or longer injury period. People on this board bashed her as not caring and not practicing and all that bs becauseshe dared to go to a couple premiere's. Yet, she proved them all wrong and full of it as her form looked better than it ever had so soon.

Again, Venus' elements are all there and are coming together quicker
than before, but it all still has to gel and to do that on clay is ofcourse
the most challenging for Venus.

5. On grass, Venus has to do none of those things. Venus can be as ruthless and as lethal as we know her game can be. Grass helps Venus bring out the best her game has to offer!

6. Venus' determination and will haven't be as strong as they've been from last year at Wimbledon to the present since 00'-01' when she was dominating! Venus has that fire and she wants it! Her game, level of fight,
and form have more than shown Venus is back!

If you doubt that, go to youtube at watch her Glamour Magazine Award Speech. "Serena definitely had more heart than me, I don't know about that now."

So, I say chill out!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Letīs just hope you are right. And you focused an essential point for me: FITNESS. For me, I think it is her main problem right now. AS you told in USA open 2005, she just ran out of gas. For sure, Kim is an awesome defensive player and she puts everything back in the court but that didnīt happen before. I think that unfortunaly our Vee doesnīt go to the gymn a lot in her injuries breaks. I remember those matches when she would catch amazing balls and make winners from it. I guess thatīs the reason why she is making such unforced errors. Sheīs arriving too late to the balls!
All she needs to do is to train her fitness as she said she did for last year Wimbledon and let the confidence and hunger rise during the tournament. And I honestly believe that Venus, for example would have done so much better if she had played against an opponent that she has like some history. For example, Hingis, Mauresmo or even Kuznetzova. She seems to get more motivated in these games than with these young girls.
But we should keep our expectations low, I prefer to act that way. Last year, it was all about that. All of we know she is capable of winning wimbledon again but we also know that she can lose it badly. Itīs all in her racket.
Go Vee!

charmedRic
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Awesome post! I seriously couldn't have said it better!

Same!

new-york
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:23 AM
y'all are makin me ALREADY ultranervous for Wimbledon.

Darioemeka
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Venus will be fine, and she proved that by coming back strong at Wimbledon. It is difficult to return from an injury, and you see that in every sport. Unfortunately, Venus' very physical game tends to compound injuries and that is why (she has said) we will no longer play a match unless she feels completely healthy.

Once she can string consecutive tournaments together, I think we will see some fascinating and winning tennis from her. You also have to remember that it was not very long ago that she lost her sister. Half or whole, blood relation is blood relation, and they were close. Venus and Serena have just achieved some resolution of that matter recently with the sentencing of the accused murderer (notwithstanding the paultry sentence he received). I think that was a significant step toward healing a little for them.

All in all, I will keep a positive face on because I know that she will get back into her groove. That's still my hope. :wavey:

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:29 AM

Retirement.

SF

hammerhead
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:07 AM
The problem with Venus is that she has hands of stone... She is trying to play a somewhat net game that she can't because she has no touch.

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:11 AM
The problem with Venus is that she has hands of stone... She is trying to play a somewhat net game that she can't because she has no touch.

Yeah...horrible friggin hands. She was over 70% at net for the tournament. Check the stats.

SF

LoveFifteen
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:13 AM
What's wrong with Venus?

According to some of her fans, this new, better, stronger player named Venus Williams keeps beating her! :haha:

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:14 AM
What's wrong with Venus?

According to some of her fans, this new, better, stronger player named Venus Williams keeps beating her! :haha:

What's Martina's problem then? :p

SF

LoveFifteen
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:18 AM
What's Martina's problem then?

Finding enough shelf space for her 41 singles trophies. :angel:

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Finding enough shelf space for her 41 singles trophies. :angel:

touche... :lol:

I can't rag on Martina anymore...she's redeemed herself in my eyes. I'll stop. Just lay off Venus a little...cut a sista a break...

SF

LoveFifteen
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:35 AM
touche... :lol:

I can't rag on Martina anymore...she's redeemed herself in my eyes. I'll stop. Just lay off Venus a little...cut a sista a break...

SF

I will give sista a break. She's one of the most accomplished players of her generation. Hingis and her are legendary rivals. I love their rivalry, and I deeply respect Venus. It's just I get sick of anyone saying that someone can only "beat themselves".

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:39 AM
I completely agree with the "beat themselves" comment. I don't think Venus beats herself. There are very few players who do that. Novotna (occasionally) and Sabatini (toward the end of her career). I get so pissed when people say Mauresmo chokes. I disagree. I think she plays well and is only beaten when her opponent plays better.

SF

LoveFifteen
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:42 AM
I have to admit I would love to watch Safin "beat" himself. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Any pics???

sfselesfan
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:44 AM
I have to admit I would love to watch Safin "beat" himself. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Any pics???

My virgin eyes!!!! :eek: ;)

SF

K-Dog
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:11 AM

Any pics???

stop. don't get yourself too hot and bothered.

vwfan
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Nothing wrong with her, game has just passed by her...really? then what does that say about the other players ranked below her. she made the top eight of RG after being off for months--went further than the reigning #1, #3, #4 and two other two ten players in her fourth tournament back. since winning Wimbledon, she has be in the final eight of every tournament she has played in, except one Aus Open!

all well, the rumors of her demise are premature as always.

vwfan
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks.

Pardon some of my
gramatical errors. ;)yep, great post.