PDA

View Full Version : (5) Justine Henin-Hardenne Def. (2) Kim Clijsters 6-3, 6-2

lizchris
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Expected, but I thought Kim would win more than five games.

diekedelver
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Juju :banana: :banana:

Infiniti2001
but did Kim forget that this was a slam semi-final? :shrug:

TeamUSA#1
HORRIBLE display from KIM. She basically gave it away with her 29 UEs and only 9 winners. Either play full intentioned until you retire or just do it NOW

.ivy.
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Justine played amazing today, I expected Justine to win, but expected it to be a tougher match.

ALLEZ JUSTINE! :D

MisterMan
Now THIS girl WANTS the title, not like her “competitor”

Dexter
Allez!!! :bowdown: Congrats Justine! :smooch:

But Kim... what was that? She really showed nothing today :(

Niunia
Kim :sad: :sad:
But Justine, you was great today , win you next slam! ;)

eck
Good job JHH!!!!

pierce0415
I actually expected this sort of result
Now Juju needs to take care of her stomach

Vaidisova
Really disappointing stuff Kim. :(

Congrats on reaching the final yet again Justine. :)

Wojtek
Justine :D:D

cellophane
Justine played really well, but Kim - :rolleyes:

narrisch
Allez :yeah:

Talita Kumi
:wazzup: kim

RAA
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:14 PM
wow, not as close as I thought it would be.

Jakeev
I guess Kim thought she was at Wimbledon by trying to overpower Justine today and it just didn't work.

Just no game plan at all from Clijsters.

Libertango
Pathetic. :o :bolt:

treufreund
Justine really did not ALLOW kim to play her game. Kim played "bad" because she ran out of options really. Justine was just way too tough for her.

WF4EVER
Justine's stats are amazing. What is ESPN showing people? I want to see this beating.

I know Kim hasn't been playing at her best but neither was Justine. I didn't expect such a beatdown; thought it would have been tougher for Justine.

Wow!

Go, Sveta! Go, Justine! Can't wait for the final; don't care who wins.

hablo
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
I expected a much much closer match.
How wrong I was.
congrats jhh (I don't see her loosing this title, but I'll be cheering on Sveta anyway :devil: )

treufreund
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
wow, not as close as I thought it would be.

I thought it would be close too. That is, until Justine showed me again what she can do on a clay court when she is playing well and focused.

Kim has nothing to be ashamed of. Anyone can lose to justine badly on clay when justine is playing like today.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:16 PM
ooo la la..... sacre bleu
Justine spanked Kimmy again.

henree
When Kim said she was retiring in '07. I was uset about it. Now I am happy. Because she can save me from these horrible performances. I am so pissed about how easy she gave this match away. It was like she had other things on her mind. Maybe she should retire this year. And save herself the embarrasment. :o

doofus
disappointing match...

alfajeffster
Did anyone here watch the match? I was following it on the Roland Garros web site, and it was very frustrating- especially at the end of the first set. The score kept refreshing back to 0 games all, and then switched back to 5-3, 40-15! I guess they fixed it because the second set worked fine. So how was the tennis?

treufreund
juju 62 pts kim 43 pts

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Pathetic. That's all I have to say about Kim.

Billabong
I know Kim hasn't been playing at her best but neither was Justine. .

Oh yes Justine was, her best match of the tournament along with the Myskina match.

gladysharon
Wooohoo!! Allez Justine!! :bounce: :bounce:
Truly deserving of the Roland Garros Finals...:angel:

selyoink
Great performance from Justine! Win the title!

Not a very good performance from Kim.

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:18 PM
It just wasn't Kim's day. She tried. But it didn't work today. She also said that. She was also very disappointed. But sometimes it just don't succeeds.

But Justine was playing well. So I'm happy for her :)

natacha1
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:19 PM
wooow, I was really scared that justine would lose, but she did not.

I am the happyst person on the world right now :bounce: :worship: :wavey: :bounce: :worship:

But ok, Kim really played bad :confused:

sapir1434
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Kim :sad:

FrenchY52
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Wow what a non-match !

-jenks-
Kim did what she needed to do to win, but she just couldn't get the ball in!!

Justine played really well.

Filadidas
Justine was playing so solid in the match!!!! :yeah:

Apoleb
Both were far from their best. It was a matter of who makes less unforced errors, and who can come with the winners at the most important time. And Justine won both battles.

Yonexforever
kim has NO stomach for the fight on court with Justine....I knew from the moment she refused to LOOK at Justine across the net, she had thrown in the towel.
She only snuck glances at her, while Justine glared across at Kim.
NO guts.... sadly

Justine Fan
I'm so happy!!! :bounce: :bounce:

I LOVE YOU JUSTINE, I LOVE YOU :hearts: :hearts:

What was that you said Justine haters? :haha: :haha:

:nerner:

dylan24
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I guess Kim thought she was at Wimbledon by trying to overpower Justine today and it just didn't work.

Just no game plan at all from Clijsters.

no coach. no gameplan. no desire to win.

Meelis
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Justine :bounce:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Congrats JUJU... :kiss: Kim had a bad day on the courts...don't read to much into it :p :wavey:

DragonFlame
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:22 PM
come on ju, win this title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

treufreund
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:23 PM
people, how about instead of bashing kim we give credit to justine? are you more of a kim-fan or juju-hater??

Jodie
Justine.. :D :hug:

Il Primo!
Kim is so :o
It's getting pathetic..I mean, she doesn't act like a former world number one!She doesn't act like a slam defendind champion.. OK they played on clay but honestly it would have been the same on another surface..She seemed clueless but the most worrying is the fact that she didn't change anything to come back and impose her willpower(if it exist) on the court! Shamefull...Plus I cheered for her and really expected her to beat JHH and steal the number one spot.

Well done Justine. I should cheer for her:less risky and more satisfying ;)

No.1Hingis
Could somebody gives battle to Justine.. aww!.. SO QUICK... What happend?!!?..

Oh! Congrats Justine.. you was the fav.. but .. just didnt get any chance to Kim.. I think some "other players" could get more battle.. Im so dissapointed about Kim.. Looks like Kim really wanna to go next year... :fiery:

slams
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I expected a much much closer match.
How wrong I was.
congrats jhh (I don't see her loosing this title, but I'll be cheering on Sveta anyway :devil: )

If my memory serve me right, the 2 belgians never had a close tight exciting match before. It is always loopsided in my opinion with Justin winning the big match/tournament easily.

Had Martina won the 1/4 final, I believe she would have given Justin more trouble and a run for her money.

I never quite expected Kim's forehand to be so horrendous until the commentators kept mentioning it...

spec7er
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Kim was mindlessly bashing the ball. :rolleyes: She should've at least tried another tactic to employ once she discovered that she couldn't hit winners by hitting harder and harder. She really didn't look too happy after the match, but it was nice of her to sign autographs even though she lost.

Justine played a very solid match. She retrieved really well and put constant pressure on the Clijsters' serve. She's definitely the favorite in the final especially with Kuznetsova and her nerves.;)

janjan
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Justine:bounce: Excellent:bounce: :drool: I didn't expect to be so anticlimax match!
Congrats Justine!

Floydrose
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM
people, how about instead of bashing kim we give credit to justine? are you more of a kim-fan or juju-hater??

We are Justine fans but we are very desappointed by this horrible game and the performance of Kim. I have never seen her playing so badly since she is 15 years old. :(

Justine :worship: :worship:

Looking forward for the comments...

skanky~skanketta
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM
seriously, Kim's forehand was beyond disgusting.

Poova
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Justine played well. Kim was terrible. Not much more to say. :lol:

Looking forward to the final on Saturday - should be interesting though I think Justine has another GS title wrapped up here.

cheo23
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:32 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yeah: :bigclap:

CONGRATULATIONS MRS.QUEEN OF CLAY: QUEEN JUSTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship: :yeah: :bowdown:

WELL THAT WAS EASY ;)

Queen Justine, U played SO SO SOOO WELL 2day...being AGGRESSIVE especially hitting BEAUTIFUL RETURNS, FIGHTING off those break points EARLY in the match, playing the long rallies well & finding u're spots....I loved how u close the 1st set off w/ those WONDERFUL ACES....U GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT GOOD DEFENSE u have also!!!!

ALTHOUGH u didn't really SERVE well...u had some GREAT slice serves that frustrated Kimmie

MENTAL TOUGHNESS= QUEEN JUSTINE :bounce:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!:woohoo:

GOOD LUCK IN THAT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH VS. SVETLANA

Kimmie...its okay that u LOST TO THE BETTER PLAYER....good luck at WIMBLEDON:shrug: :lol:

Linnie
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Did I read correctly - 36 minutes?? :eek: :tape:

Kim :(

samsung101
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Boring semi-final.
Boring final likely ahead.

The ratings for this west coast 6:00 a.m. final
will be, worse than last year.

xXSarajevoXx
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Justine :D

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:35 PM
kim should be more than embarrassed. she was blown OFF the centre court

No.1Hingis
Sorry but.. this tell me that Martina was really out and sick on Thuesday.. cause.. Kim well.. wasnt in form.. COME ON KIM.. WHATS GOING ON?..

Little more than half hr.. NO WAY? :( I CANT BELIEVE IT .. even people who paid expensive tickets deserve more.. Great job Justine.. you are the ONE this time..

I know Im hard but.. was just awful.. I dont need a final match.. go and give Justine the tittle..

cs0803
What an anti-climax. I was looking forward to this match all day

The Crow
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Not sure if Kim was just too bad or Justine just too good :confused:

anyway well done Justine. Now take that title!!

DragonFlame
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Did I read correctly - 36 minutes?? :eek: :tape:

the computer crashed and they got it running again in the last 10minutes of the first set so everything was screwed up :lol:

wateva
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM
kim tried to attack but she made too many errors.
well done justine on making kim hit another extra ball. :yeah:
she deserved to win. :)

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM
I'm so happy!!! :bounce: :bounce:

I LOVE YOU JUSTINE, I LOVE YOU :hearts: :hearts:

What was that you said Justine haters? :haha: :haha:

:nerner:

I don't hate Justine.
It wasn't Kim's day. She tried, but it didn't work. All her balls went out.
But Justine was playing really well today and deserved to win.

So I'm happy for all the Justine fans :) because I'm a good loser.

Floydrose
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Sorry but.. this tell me that Martina was really out and sick on Thuesday.. cause.. Kim well.. wasnt in form.. COME ON KIM.. WHATS GOING ON?..

Kim played so far better against Martina.

Wimanna
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:38 PM
That easy volley Kim missed was the beginning of the end. Kim started going for every f***ing ball, wherever she was on court...it resulted in a painfull error fest :mad: The hardcourt game she played today doesn't work on clay, and certainly not against Justine.

Justine, you were just too good! Good luck in the finals!

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:40 PM
That easy volley Kim missed was the beginning of the end. Kim started going for every f***ing ball, wherever she was on court...it resulted in a painfull error fest :mad: The hardcourt game she played today doesn't work on clay, and certainly not against Justine.

Yeah I agree with you. She tried, but it didn't work. Justine is just to good on clay. Her game is very good at clay and Kim's not. She can play better on grass and hardcourt.

per4ever
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Well done Justine!!

Too bad Kim..

tard~tard
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Above all I believe it's a mental loss from K. Clijsters.
She just falls apart against JHH in Grand Slam matches.

Congrats Justine, once again you're in the final! :worship:
Congrats to Kim as well, for reaching the SF on the
surface she hates the most.

Lady
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I actually didn't think Justine played great, but yeah, she was far more solid.
Ju definitely played better in Berlin.

But at least Ju really stepped up by the end of the 1st set to actually win it.

I'm sorry for Kim, you can really feel how dissapointed she was. Kim fans :hug:

cometz9
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Kimmie :sad: disappointed you didn't make a match of it, good luck on grass.
Justine :eek: :worship: what can i say, she is the best on clay. Would be an incredible achievement if she wins her 3rd RG but i'm gonna root for Sveta :p

lienie18
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Your game was nowhere today Kim :sad:
Justine was flawless.

Lady
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Above all I believe it's a mental loss from K. Clijsters.
She just falls apart against JHH in Grand Slam matches.

I don't agree. I think if it was mental, it was all about clay.
Kim had such a luck as witness Justine's FedCup performance up close. It really left an impression on all players. ;)

cheo23
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Henin denies Clijsters a birthday party

By Julien Pretot

PARIS (Reuters) - Belgian defending champion Justine Henin-Hardenne ruined Kim Clijsters's birthday when she outclassed her compatriot 6-3 6-2 to reach the final of the French Open on Thursday.

Henin-Hardenne, seeded fifth, will face eighth seed Svetlana Kuznetsova in Saturday's final after the Russian stormed back from one set down to knock out Czech teenager Nicole Vaidisova.

The Belgian now has the chance to become the first player since Spain's Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario in 1994 to win the tournament without dropping a set.

Clijsters, who was celebrating her 23rd birthday on center court, could have taken over from France's Amelie Mauresmo at the top of the WTA rankings if she had won.

She was, however, simply no match for Henin-Hardenne, who used her claycourt skills to put an end to her opponent's dreams of winning the title.

"I have tried to do my best," said Clijsters, twice a finalist at Roland Garros. "She plays very, very well, she is the best player on clay."

Henin-Hardenne, who won the tournament in 2003 and 2005, saved two break points on her first two service games before breaking decisively in the eighth and wrapping up the set with an ace. :yeah: :woohoo: :bigclap:

The former world number one benefited from Clijsters's double fault in the third game of the second set to convert her fifth break chance.

She claimed her opponent's serve a final time in the seventh and finished her job with a service winner. ( :bowdown: :worship: :woohoo:

"I have tried to put a maximum of pressure from the start," said Henin-Hardenne.

"I served well, it was essential. I did not shiver in the key moments. I forced her into rallies and I know she does not like that.

"Now I really have to stay focused because there is another big match on Saturday. It's quite something as I can win my third Roland Garros."

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Henin denies Clijsters a birthday party

By Julien Pretot

PARIS (Reuters) - Belgian defending champion Justine Henin-Hardenne ruined Kim Clijsters's birthday when she outclassed her compatriot 6-3 6-2 to reach the final of the French Open on Thursday.

Henin-Hardenne, seeded fifth, will face eighth seed Svetlana Kuznetsova in Saturday's final after the Russian stormed back from one set down to knock out Czech teenager Nicole Vaidisova.

The Belgian now has the chance to become the first player since Spain's Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario in 1994 to win the tournament without dropping a set.

Clijsters, who was celebrating her 23rd birthday on center court, could have taken over from France's Amelie Mauresmo at the top of the WTA rankings if she had won.

She was, however, simply no match for Henin-Hardenne, who used her claycourt skills to put an end to her opponent's dreams of winning the title.

"I have tried to do my best," said Clijsters, twice a finalist at Roland Garros. "She plays very, very well, she is the best player on clay."

Henin-Hardenne, who won the tournament in 2003 and 2005, saved two break points on her first two service games before breaking decisively in the eighth and wrapping up the set with an ace. :yeah: :woohoo: :bigclap:

The former world number one benefited from Clijsters's double fault in the third game of the second set to convert her fifth break chance.

She claimed her opponent's serve a final time in the seventh and finished her job with a service winner. ( :bowdown: :worship: :woohoo:

"I have tried to put a maximum of pressure from the start," said Henin-Hardenne.

"I served well, it was essential. I did not shiver in the key moments. I forced her into rallies and I know she does not like that.

"Now I really have to stay focused because there is another big match on Saturday. It's quite something as I can win my third Roland Garros."

Yeah, Justine was just too good. She played really well. It wasn't Kim's day. She tried, but it didn't work. Justine's game is really good at clay and Kim's not. She can play better on grass and hardcourt.

le bon vivant
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:56 PM
LOL Justine in 2 slam finals already this year. :unsure:

Jasmin
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Kim is not 100 % and you can't play Henin on her surface at that level. Heck it's hard for Kim to beat or challenge Henin on clay at 100 % and I'm a Kim fan.

Now I can't wait for Wimby. I say there's a few that can challenge there. I would put Henin in that mix but by the end of the French Open she's usually all tapped out. She doesn't have the energy since her illness to go from one slam to the other and challenge for a final. Didn't Henin get bumped in the first round last year?

©@®eLess
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:00 PM
did first set really last 10 minutes. RG site says so :o

alfonsojose
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:01 PM
So Juju will be in the 5 slam club with Venus and Hingis :eek:

thrust
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Well done Justine! Please win the final!!

Denise4925
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Justine owns Kim :rolleyes: I wish Kim had given her more of a fight. :( Why does Kim fold everytime she plays Justine? :confused:

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Kim is not 100 % and you can't play Henin on her surface at that level. Heck it's hard for Kim to beat or challenge Henin on clay at 100 % and I'm a Kim fan.

Now I can't wait for Wimby. I say there's a few that can challenge there. I would put Henin in that mix but by the end of the French Open she's usually all tapped out. She doesn't have the energy since her illness to go from one slam to the other and challenge for a final. Didn't Henin get bumped in the first round last year?

Yeah, Justine is just too good on clay. She's in my eyes the best player on clay. So it's hard to beat her. Her game is very good at clay and Kim's not. She can play a lot better on grass and hardcourt. She tried, but it didn't work. Sometimes it just don't succeeds.

SelesFan70
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Pathetic. That's all I have to say about Kim.

My roomie said Kim seemd disinterested in the match..wtf!?!? :smash: It's a Major semi-finals, Kim! :(

If that's true... :help:

Allez-H
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Well I'm happy for Justine offcourse but quite bummed for Kim and her fans :( She just wasn't there today, everything she did it didn't work. I'm sure she'll bounce back at Wimbledon :hug:

Justine :yeah: WTG to play very well on the important points! Win your third title :bounce:

loppy
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:20 PM
"Now I really have to stay focused because there is another big match on Saturday. It's quite something as I can win my third Roland Garros." - JHH

:woohoo:

ewbangkok
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM
poor kim

lee station
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM
:worship: :D :D

fifiricci
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Justine owns Kim :rolleyes: I wish Kim had given her more of a fight. :( Why does Kim fold everytime she plays Justine? :confused:

I fear that Justine really is Kim's nemesis (on clay at the very least).

Kim was clueless out there today, had no answer to Justine's game and as for that hopelessly wayward forehand - when will she ever learn? :mad:

For me this match brought back horrible memories of the RG final in 2003 :o

chuCKnorris
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:27 PM
This outcome was expected. I'm not really dissapointed that Kim lost, but by the way she played. :tears: And she was so unlucky today. Everything that she was doing went wrong. :sad:
But I also have to say that Justine played really well. This was probably one of her best matches here so far. If Kim played better and Justine the same way as she did, she still would probably be the winner.

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I fear that Justine really is Kim's nemesis (on clay at the very least).

Kim was clueless out there today, had no answer to Justine's game and as for that hopelessly wayward forehand - when will she ever learn? :mad:

For me this match brought back horrible memories of the RG final in 2003 :o

Yeah, I had the same. But it was just not Kim's day. She really tried. But it didn't work. Sometimes you have such a day.

I'm a Kim fan, but Justine was just too good. So she deserved to win. So congratulated to Justine and all her fans :worship: :yeah:

Alfie

Precisely. Against Vaidisova or even Kuznetsova, this hardcourt game plan had a chance. Against Henin, simply the best claycourt player now, there was no chance. Part of that is due to all the pressure Henin puts on her opponents through her amazing defense--the ball just kept coming back and rallies extended unlike a grass or hardcourt match. She forced Kim to go for too much too soon.

Both players tried to be the aggressor and draw first blood in the rally, but many times especially in the second set, Kim went for low percentage shots. The turning point for me was 2nd set, 1-1 with Kim losing her serve.

I am shocked at how Kim hardly put any pressure on JHH's second serve. JHH's first serve percentage was shockingly low, and Kim did not take advantage of it enough.

Tactically, Justine played a smart match playing within herself while Kim made it very easy for Justine today.

Sandra.P
Quite disappointing match for a Grand Slam semi-final...

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Quite disappointing match for a Grand Slam semi-final...

Yeah, I agree with you. It was a disappointing match. But sometimes you have not your day. She tried, but it didn't work.

But Justine played also very well. She played really clever.

V-MAC
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Breaking News!! Has just been discovered that there was a Kim imposter playing in that semi-final today, Justine had earlier tied up and gagged the real Kim Clijsters to ensure she would win the match :devil: ;)

Seriously, :o for Kim. She should consider retiring from tennis after this result, oh wait, she already is :tape: sorry, that was bitchy but I was hoping for a more competitive match. ah well, good luck in your next tourny Kim, hope she bounces back. Congrats for yet another Roland Garros final Justine.

jochem
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Very disappointing... I really wanted Kim to finally win her second slam... I mean, she's to good to just have one slam. But if Kim is not interested in winning another slam than I dont really care for that anymore.

The Daviator
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Justine :yeah:

Now, can we hurry up and get this event over with :tape: Roll on Wimbledon :bounce:

serenafann
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Justine as usual just to darn tough.I wonder if Kim will ever figure Justine out and win a big match over her,before She retires.

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Very disappointing... I really wanted Kim to finally win her second slam... I mean, she's to good to just have one slam. But if Kim is not interested in winning another slam than I dont really care for that anymore.

So, because Kim lost today she's not interest in winning another slam? I'm sorry but I don't agree with you. It just wasn't her day. She tried, but it didn't work. Sometimes you have such a day. But Justine was also too good. She a very good playr on clay. In my opinion the best. So it's not easy to beat her.

jenny161185
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:42 PM
anyone else think Justine may also demolish Kuznetsova?

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:44 PM

I think Justine also will beat Kuznetsova. But I have no idea what the score will be.

Slumpsova
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:44 PM
i guess "disinterest" is quite appropriate word to use for Kim in this match. as i said two days ago, this is what i worried the most, that Kim might think she won't win and give final ticket to Justine so easily. i'm not gonna say she tanked, but it's obvious that she didn't motivate enough to play well. she didn't even look upset after losing :o

congrats to Justine. now do the hattrick girl :D

Lady
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:54 PM

No, I'm more afraid it'll be the other way around. :o

DragonFlame
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM
No, I'm more afraid it'll be the other way around. :o

yeah:scared: don't want her to be bridesmaid again :sad:

Carmen Mairena
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Impressive display from Justine!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Way to smash her out of the tournament! :woohoo:

Win a third title Justine! :inlove:

Belmont Lad
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Yikes, that was a horrendous display from Kim. The forehand broke down big time, and she had no other plan to resort to. JHH definitely has her number in slam play, no doubt about it.

~{X}~
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Justine is the queen of Clay, no surprise really. Clijsters seems to be more of the hardcourt threat and more comfortable there, so I expect her game to pick up at Wimbledon or during the US Open Series again. :D

~Carsten~
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:52 PM
damn great Match from Justine!
Congrats

Yasmine
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Well done Justine!!! :worship: Good luck in the final, although I'll be cheering for Sveta;) Kim would have stood a chance had she played her best but i won't bother watching the match given all the appreciations people are giving...

rrfnpump
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Kim :( :o
played pretty poor

10-10 in H2H now if i am not mistaken

raquel
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Kim :sad: Very reckless today. It was a bit like a couple of the Grand Slam finals they have played. I know clay's not her favourite surface but she really had no patience at all and you need a bit more patience on clay rather than spraying balls everywhere going for winners as soon as possible.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:44 PM
henin played well but kim didnt push her at all-it didnt look like she really believed she would win, which her interview shows as well

lee station
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:46 PM
C'MON BOSS!!!!:worship: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Tennisaddict
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:53 PM
You know what I'm not a fan of either player, but I was looking forward to this match up because they're both great players. But Kim just didn't show up today.
It was so weird to see her so emotionless, she had a blank look on her face. Is she scared of Justine? That's the impression I got. Justine is the best claycourter but surely Clijsters could and should have done more today. There was no fight from her and she didn't seem to believe that she could challenge Justine let alone beat her. It makes all the hard work she put in to get to the semifinal seem like nothing. I mean I was dissapointed when Venus lost to Vaidisova, but Venus went down fighting, Vaidisova had to take it from her. Oh well, I'm just dissapointed that it turned out to be a anticlimax. I hope there will be a breathtaking final with Kuznetsova being the victor.

middy
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:56 PM
:bounce: :bounce: Very well done Justine, she didnt play all that great but she defended very well, and when she needed to she came up with some amazing winners. Now take the title JuJu :rocker2:

Kim :sad: I dont know what to say, she kept missing so much, it was just an error fest from her today. I agree with some of the posters on this board that she has lost that desire to win. Whether its all those injuries that are just killing any motivation and desire that might still be left is beyond me.

I hope she bounces back for the grass and HC season.

lee station
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:31 PM
hala! :D

fammmmedspin
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Oh dear Kim.
I know other people looked flat at the end of their tournament - Martina.Patty, Momo, Nastya (well until she woke up0 but Kim managed to simulate a pancake for 2 sets.

Did the oomph go when she decided to retire or is the thing thats leading her to retire destroying her oomph

TeamUSA#1
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:54 PM
The way Kim played today reminded me of Capriati's performance 2 years ago in the SFs against Myskina. just flat..... nothing working...... and shocking....

Sam L
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:16 PM
:haha:

Where are the Kim fans that came out in packs after she beat an ailing Hingis? :lol:

Martian KC
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:08 AM
I'm sorry if you actually thought kim was flat, you're sadly mistaken. She was hitting some great shots, but nothing would get past Justine. Plain and simple.

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Allez Justine :kiss: :hearts:

Lulu.
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:38 AM
WTF Kim...... :o

Billabong
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:43 AM
The way Kim played today reminded me of Capriati's performance 2 years ago in the SFs against Myskina. just flat..... nothing working...... and shocking....

you're right, it really looked like that match...

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Wow, the match ended faster than I expected... about just over an hour I suppose? (since the clock screwed up, I have no idea).

At first the match started brilliantly, but then Kim faltered a bit and was broken in the 8th game in the 1st set, and then only proceed to win another 2 games before losing to Justine. The turning point has to be the 3rd game in the 2nd set when Kim was serving at 40-40... 4 times she saved break points, only to give Justine the game with a double fault... :eek:

Kimmy... :sad:. Your forehands are errectic and off target the whole day :tape:. I was like "WTF?" when you missed chances after chances to win a game... Also, you didn't manage to get even a single break of serve from Justine... and that's really bad... I really don't know what to say more... but I hope you recover from this and go on fighting in the Wimby and US Open (defend your titile) :hug:

As for Justine... wow, 2 finals already this year. The AO was a lost one, but the FO is for you to erase the nightmares of that one particular day in Australia. She played well in the game, never giving up on loose balls and running over the courts like a mouse being chased by a cat. And her serves are getting better and better... even getting a couple of aces :worship: . Well done, the queen of clay. Well done. Now march on and win this title!!

(P.S: This match produced 3 "miss of the season" contenders... the 2 overhead misses by Kim and Justine while in front of the net, and THAT miss from Kim. Must be the sun... ;) )

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Kim :rolleyes:

robert6061
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Prior to the start of the tournament, I thought that Justine was the clear favourite. When I saw the thrashing that Kim gave Hingis in the quarter finals, I changed my mind and believed that Kim would pull off a win over Justine today. Kim's performance today was hugely disappointing...not only was this Roland Garros but a win here would have handed her back the number one ranking. One bad loss in a grand slam event doesn't justify anyone to recommend that she retires. I think she will be hard to beat at Wimbledon.

No Name Face
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:46 AM
allez justine. i rooted for her over kim, which says a lot about how i feel about kim :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

Errinella
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Embarrassingly poor performance from Clijsters. Mentally she seemed to have made her mind up that she couldn't beat HH on clay before she even stepped on court. Thank God for Nicole - at least she's made this tournament interesting unlike any of the other top women.

Vut
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:41 AM
:yeah:

KClijsters
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Prior to the start of the tournament, I thought that Justine was the clear favourite. When I saw the thrashing that Kim gave Hingis in the quarter finals, I changed my mind and believed that Kim would pull off a win over Justine today. Kim's performance today was hugely disappointing...not only was this Roland Garros but a win here would have handed her back the number one ranking. One bad loss in a grand slam event doesn't justify anyone to recommend that she retires. I think she will be hard to beat at Wimbledon.

I hope your right. But I think we will see a different Kim at Wimbledon. She like playing on grass. And I think her game is better on grass. On clay people bring a lot of ball back and than Kim want to give some extra power to the ball. And most of the time, it's to much. She's not very patient on clay. And when you play on clay, you have to be very patient, because people bring more ball back. The rallies are longer. On grass people don't bring so many ball back. The rallies are shorter,, and Kim can hit more winners. So, I think her game is better on grass en certain on hardcourt. But Kim said in an interview that she's happy that she can train on grass now. So, maybe we see a better Kim at Wimbledon. We have to wait :)

Dymension
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Allez! Juju

Sadka
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Kim :( .. :( !!

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:25 PM
I was totally stunned that the match went so quickly to Justine because Kim has the game to challenge Justine.

I was reading an article the other day in which Kim states that 2007 is still her retirement year. I wonder how truly motivated she is to win any other major. I also think that her engagement and personal life is becoming a priority the closer she gets to retirement. And who can really blame her for that.

It is a shame that it is chronic injury which has lead Kim to a decision of early retirement, in her tennis prime. I hope that in a couple of years, like Hingis, she'll realize how much she misses that game and comeback.

Billabong
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:38 PM

It was far from a thrashing, Hingis was really equal in the first set, she just had no energy left in the second... Kim didn't even play that well, but she certainly played better there than against Justine!

Uranus
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Kim said before the match that she had to be agressive. She did nothing and that's the result!

Billy Moonshine
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Kim should stop talking about her retirement and focus on now.

The fans are partly paying for her retirement anyway so they might as well get some good play for their money before she goes.

KClijsters
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Kim should stop talking about her retirement and focus on now.

The fans are partly paying for her retirement anyway so they might as well get some good play for their money before she goes.

Kim's not talking about it.... people ask questions about it and Kim just gave answers to those questions.

KClijsters
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Kim said before the match that she had to be agressive. She did nothing and that's the result!

Kim was agressive, only too much. She gave too much power to the ball, so they went all out. She was making a lot of UE's, but Justine was also too good.

Uranus
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:16 PM
I think Justine was attacking, and Kim was defending.

Billy Moonshine
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Kim's not talking about it.... people ask questions about it and Kim just gave answers to those questions.

Has she ever said:

I don't wanna talk about it. Let's talk about now.

?

ans
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Not sure if Kim was just too bad or Justine just too good :confused:

anyway well done Justine. Now take that title!!

both.
kim's game was horrible almost as if she forgot how to play.
justine's game was very good.
=> easy ans quick match for justine

Brαm
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:26 PM
The ratings for this west coast 6:00 a.m. final
will be, worse than last year.Oh nooo!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :sad: :eek: :sad:

:yawn:

Brαm
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I think Justine was attacking, and Kim was defending.
Eh? Kim was dominating a lot of the points but then when she was going for the winner she just kept hitting the ball out :o
Her forehand was :help: :smash: :o :bolt:

Justine's serve was amazing, btw! :eek: :worship:
Hope she'll win RG again :yeah:

RaDiCaLgIrL♥FG
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:33 PM
The result was very bad,Kim! :mad:

KClijsters
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Eh? Kim was dominating a lot of the points but then when she was going for the winner she just kept hitting the ball out :o
Her forehand was :help: :smash: :o :bolt:

Justine's serve was amazing, btw! :eek: :worship:
Hope she'll win RG again :yeah:

I agree with you. She was dominating, but when she was going for the winner, she hit the ball out. But Justine was also very good. Her game is very good on clay. She's playing very clever.

So I think Justine will win tomorrow. And she deserved it. In my opinion she's the best player on clay. But if Kuznetsova wins tomorrow it's also ok. They are both good players. But I give Justine more chance. But we have to wait :)

vwfan
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:30 PM
no coach. no gameplan. no desire to win.and there you have it! :tape:

panda7
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by dylan24
no coach. no gameplan. no desire to win

and there you have it! :tape:
And yet she still got to the semis of both slams so far. I guess having a coach, having a game plan and having desire to win but going out before the semis is so much more respectable:tape: