PDA

View Full Version : I don't mind now that Kim intends to retire.

GoDominique
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Her forehand is shockingly bad and she would need to put in a lot of work to get it fixed, and I guess she's not willing to do it. So it doesn't make much sense to keep playing for much longer.
And again her mind doesn't seem to be in it either.

Billabong
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I've hardly seen her play that bad:tape:

pierce0415
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:08 PM
yes her mind has been on her fiance since the beginning of the tournament

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah, it's not Kims day. She's trying, but it will not succeeds.

blumaroo
She looks completely indifferent. She's just not the same since her U.S Open win. A lot of bad errors. It's sad to look at :(

TeamUSA#1
a little harsh i would say

Williamsser
She is going to have nice life in New Jersey!

AyumiMorita
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:10 PM
if shes not committed to the game she should retire

pierce0415
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:10 PM
She looks completely indifferent. She's just not the same since her U.S Open win. A lot of bad errors. It's sad to look at :(

Kim was always a bunch of UE. Now it is even more :o

dylan24
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:11 PM
thats what i've been saying.
yet i got ripped for doing so.
she doesn't care about tennis anymore.
also she is justine henin's bitch.
justine owns her

MisterMan
She doesn't really care about tennis anymore.
That's not a 'bad' thing, really. It's just that she lacks the motivation to succeed since winning a Slam.
Bye bye Kim, see you in the announcers booth in 07.

ys
She is going to have nice life in New Jersey!

That is rather impossible.

TennizFan
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:12 PM
This is unbelieveable... this is a slam semifinal and Kim looks like she wants to leave asap :shrug:

dylan24
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:13 PM
kim should have just retired after us open last year.
she'd have gone out on top.
she'd rather watch her fiance play basketball than win a GS
sad

alfonsojose
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Good luck in New Jersey, Kim :wavey:

RAA
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
That is rather impossible.:lol: :lol: :lol: :bounce:

dylan24
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
it would have been better for kim's career if she was engaged to someone who didn't do anything...i.e...justine's husband.
that way he could be w/ kim at all the tournaments and she'd want to win...

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:16 PM
It just was Kim's day. She tried. But it didn't work today. She also said that. She was also very disappointed. But something it just don't succeeds.

dylan24
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:17 PM
look for kim to do well at us open
as her fiance will be w/ her.
belgian basketball season should be over then.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:17 PM
yes her mind has been on her fiance since the beginning of the tournament

:hehehe:

Drake1980
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:20 PM
:tape:

angele87
I have no clue about what the basketball season is in Europe but Brian wasn't at the USO last year. It's possible that it could be starting up again right at that time because they're playing the finals now, I think.

whiskerlesscat
very very disappointing, so many errors! i thought my blood pressure was going to rocket out the roof, i was so nervous and anxious when the game started. But I AM very happy for justine. i'd sleep better tho had it been Kim who had won.

CrossCourt~Rally
She had one bad match people. Since when is getting to a slam SF a bad thing...get real :wavey:

FaceyFacem
this was the worst i've seen kim play in awhile... but i think it was a lot of strategy errors, her forehand went wild when she was hitting out during neutral rallies... i think she didn't finish points at net, and i mean, i think she needs a coach, her strategy was all wrong in my book, hope she cleans up her act in time for wimbledon

Infiniti2001
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Maybe she is tired from a fun night of sex? :lol: She looked listless out there :shrug:

WF4EVER
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:21 PM
SInce she's repeatedly expressed her intentions, it seems the other players (like Justine) are all too willing to usher her out.

DevilishAttitude
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:22 PM
I really dislike Kim now :(

She used to be OK, now she's just a embarrasement. The whole injury fiasco at the AO which only Fran had the nerve top speak out about pissed me off. Then the I must hit my FH has hard has possible tactic at Antwerp where Golovin choked against her. Being *ill* in Rome and now being slightly *injured* before the French and now this I can't beat Justine, I hate clay, I hate tennis mentatily. It's quite depressing really.

If only Razzano had won that 2nd set...

I think Kim could retire this year. Her heart isn't there anymore.

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:22 PM
She had one bad match people. Since when is getting to a slam SF a bad thing...get real :wavey:

Yeah, I agree with you. It just wasn't Kim's day. She played a bad match. I don't deny it.

<Sven>
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I think that exagerated.
Kim was willing to fight for it, Justine just was way too strong today
did you see Kim talking to the interviewer after the match? She was so frustrated she almost bit his nose off...

dylan24
I have no clue about what the basketball season is in Europe but Brian wasn't at the USO last year. It's possible that it could be starting up again right at that time because they're playing the finals now, I think.
i thought he was at the us open. at least for part of it, i think he wasn't there at the final..but he was there for part of the tournament at least.

saki
She is puzzling - against Hingis (I only saw about a third of the match), she looked really aggressive and up for winning this title but this match? Pfft.

I'm a Justine fan so I'm glad Ju's though and I thought she played good tennis - very smart, very efficient - but I was expecting and hoping for a better match from Kim.

Melly Flew Us
Her forehand is shockingly bad and she would need to put in a lot of work to get it fixed, and I guess she's not willing to do it. So it doesn't make much sense to keep playing for much longer.
i think you've got the chicken and the egg in the wrong order.
i believe kim is off becuase she will be off.

she should never have set the deadline; should've just retired and shocked the world.

LoveFifteen
I used to love Kim. I was thrilled when she won the US Open last year, and I was in agony during her OF against Venus. Ever since she showed up at the YEC looking completely apathetic and jaded, my love for her has started to fade. Now I really am tired of her, and I'll be glad when she retires if she continues to seem so disinterested and bored on the court. It's just painful to watch. The hunger is gone, and it just seems like she doesn't care. Maybe it's just a slump.

E. Blackadder
I wanted to go out there and smash that racket on the floor in Kim's place. That forehand was horrible :fiery:

angele87
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I think this thread is an over-reaction though. I'm a Kim fan so I remember all her matches, my memory goes beyond the last 6 months so I know Kim has had these kind of matches before when it seems like absolutely nothing goes her way but those matches, obviously, haven't meant the end of her good results and I'm confident it won't this time either. If Kim wanted to retire now, she would, there's nothing at all stopping her.

As a Kim fan, I'll be very, very sad to see her go in a few years but the reason she's leaving is the reason I love her so much so for me it's a case of can't have it all.

dylan24
Maybe she is tired from a fun night of sex? :lol: She looked listless out there :shrug:
sex w/ who?
hewitt?
her fiance isn't there...

KClijsters
I really dislike Kim now :(

She used to be OK, now she's just a embarrasement. The whole injury fiasco at the AO which only Fran had the nerve top speak out about pissed me off. Then the I must hit my FH has hard has possible tactic at Antwerp where Golovin choked against her. Being *ill* in Rome and now being slightly *injured* before the French and now this I can't beat Justine, I hate clay, I hate tennis mentatily. It's quite depressing really.

If only Razzano had won that 2nd set...

I think Kim could retire this year. Her heart isn't there anymore.

Oh, come on :o
It was just one match.

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:25 PM
sex w/ who?
hewitt?

Her fiance is there ;)

dylan24
I used to love Kim. I was thrilled when she won the US Open last year, and I was in agony during her OF against Venus. Ever since she showed up at the YEC looking completely apathetic and jaded, my love for her has started to fade. Now I really am tired of her, and I'll be glad when she retires if she continues to seem so disinterested and bored on the court. It's just painful to watch. The hunger is gone, and it just seems like she doesn't care. Maybe it's just a slump.

i agree w/ you 100 percent

Infiniti2001
sex w/ who?
hewitt?

Uh , he was in the flesh watching her :shrug:

Cariaoke
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM
sex w/ who?
hewitt?
espn repeatedly showed Brian in the stands.

vertigo
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Disappointing today. Too distracted by other things.

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:27 PM
I think this thread is an over-reaction though. I'm a Kim fan so I remember all her matches, my memory goes beyond the last 6 months so I know Kim has had these kind of matches before when it seems like absolutely nothing goes her way but those matches, obviously, haven't meant the end of her good results and I'm confident it won't this time either. If Kim wanted to retire now, she would, there's nothing at all stopping her.

As a Kim fan, I'll be very, very sad to see her go in a few years but the reason she's leaving is the reason I love her so much so for me it's a case of can't have it all.

:worship: :yeah:
This thread is really an over-reaction.

Leo_DFP
She really has lost that eagerness and desire since last year's US Open and her mind is on family. It's unbelievable how her attitude has changed so quickly and enormously since then. Lleyton Hewitt's passionless play has been very similar, actually.

It's also sad that she'll retire as such a side-note in history to her compatriot, Henin-Hardenne. She could have had results in her career to match Justine's but it doesn't look like that will happen.

whiskerlesscat
I'm feeling exactly how u feel, in fact she used to be my fav too... really sad. she should just retire and that's it.

Cariaoke
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:28 PM
back to the topic at hand...

Kim had no heart in the second set. She, by rights, should have served for the set if she had converted those two break points. She let that get into her head and played like she wanted to get the hell out of there.

I'm very disappointed in her but I'm sure by Wimbledon, I'll be over it. I've gotten over the Venus letdown... at least that was three sets. This one is going to take a bit longer.

angele87
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:28 PM
i thought he was at the us open. at least for part of it, i think he wasn't there at the final..but he was there for part of the tournament at least.
You're right, he was there at the beginning of the tournament. I think I remember pics of him from the player's party. He was gone by the final though because I remember his family being there ( parents, brother at least, maybe some others) but he wasn't there. Perhaps training camp started for him at the beginning of September.

crazillo
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Kim has won a Slam, the FedCup and has been Number 1 and is actually close to it again. She simply might lack goals in her career.

RAA
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:29 PM
I, too, think people are being alittle hard on Kim here..

how do you know she is distracted by her upcoming wedding?

she always "appears" to me when losing to be in a big rush to get off the court. but I don't think that is the case. Ithink it just looks that way. she is usually a good competitor. lets face it, Justine is formidable on clay.

my memory is not the best about these things but Justine has really owned Kim of late in big matches.. so this is not totally unexpected?.. yes?

angele87
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Also I imagine the only people who loved Kim before and now after this one match don't like her are people who jumped on the bandwagon after the USO because longtime Kim fans have been through these kind of matches before and have always stuck with Kim.

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Come on people, your reactions are really to exaggerated. She didn't played well this whole year on clay.

And when Kim's playing great at Wimbledon, will than everyone telling that Kim don't have to retire at 2007?

JackFrost
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM

Well, as long as she can reach a semi final in a grand slam with her forehand, she donīt need to worry. ;)
Iīm still not convinced, that she will actually retire in 2007. I believe it, when I see it. O well, why do I care...I donīt even really like Kim.

DevilishAttitude
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Oh, come on :o
It was just one match.

But it's not. She's had at least 6 matches like this since the Australian Open. Her FH is one of the worst shots in tennis when it's not working. I've been saying she's been unmotiavated since Antwerp and I guess I was right.

I think that ankle injry in that SF was the final straw. I think that really made kim hate tennis :(

xin_hui
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:41 PM

u call yourself a fan, but i always only see you directing criticisms towards kim.
FYI, the basketball season is OVER. brian's in paris, and will be at wimby also. so, please stop trying to blame her loss/form on her wanting to go home, because brian is with her now.

and at USO, if brian goes, he can only be there for the first few days, as like last year. so wow! kim actually won without him being around last year! :eek:

i would rant tirades against kim if this was AO/USO and she won 5 games against JHH. but i'm not going to do it here, because JHH is simply the best on clay, and quite evidently, she always lifts her game in the latter stages here. and i know, you expect kim to win every bloody tournament she plays, but i think no one can complain about her reaching the semifinals this time.

xin_hui
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:43 PM
and re her forehand: why didnt i see everyone praising it when it was working the past 5 matches? and now that it broke down for 1 match, it's "the worst shot"?

Cariaoke
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Come on people, your reactions are really to exaggerated. She didn't played well this whole year on clay.

And when Kim's playing great at Wimbledon, will than everyone telling that Kim don't have to retire at 2007?
I do think that some people are overreacting, most of which are not even fans.

As for the fans, people deal with losses differently. Some people are the abusive, "quit if you're not going to play" type and some are the "better luck next time, type". I think most people are angry because they wanted things to be different this time.

in short: same shit, different day.

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:48 PM
u call yourself a fan, but i always only see you directing criticisms towards kim.
FYI, the basketball season is OVER. brian's in paris, and will be at wimby also. so, please stop trying to blame her loss/form on her wanting to go home, because brian is with her now.

and at USO, if brian goes, he can only be there for the first few days, as like last year. so wow! kim actually won without him being around last year! :eek:

i would rant tirades against kim if this was AO/USO and she won 5 games against JHH. but i'm not going to do it here, because JHH is simply the best on clay, and quite evidently, she always lifts her game in the latter stages here. and i know, you expect kim to win every bloody tournament she plays, but i think no one can complain about her reaching the semifinals this time.

I agree. Justine is just to good on clay. Her game is very good at clay and Kim's not. She can play better on grass and hardcourt.

I don't deny that she played really bad. She tried. But it didn't work. But I don't expected that she would get to the semi final. So it was a good tournament for her.

ys
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Now she may have to watch someone like Kuznetsova exceed her career achievements by Saturday..

chuCKnorris
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:54 PM
All of you people are exaggerating. Lets say it clearly: Kim wasn't the favourite today, she didn't HAVE to win and she didn't. So what's the big deal? :rolleyes: Yes, she was playing like crap . :o But it was the first match in this tourney when she really played nothing. And where? In the SF! I bet nobody, except her fans didn't see her here 2 weeks ago. But she reached the semis, played some solid tennis and is 40 points away from #1 in the world. Of course, she could have done better, but since when player should retire after reaching SF on her least favourite surface? :confused: Everyone who thinks so, says bullshit! :bs: The hardcourt season is closer and closer and I can bet everything that Kim will be back on her winning ways!

And btw: I wasn't here on the board one year ago, but I'm just curious: how did you haters react when Kim lost to Lindsay in 4th round? :confused: Cause SF > 4th. I really cannot imagine what was happening here then :tape:

JackFrost
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I agree. Justine is just to good on clay. Her game is very good at clay and Kim's not. She can play better on grass and hardcourt.
I think, thats just excuses. You donīt reach the final of Roland Garros twice, if you canīt play on clay.

Kart
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Maybe she is tired from a fun night of sex? :lol:

Something tells me that's never a problem for Justine since she married Pierre Yves :tape: ;).

Anyhow, I'll reserve judgement on Kim until after the hardcourt season.

Justine did play well today though :yeah:.

Thauron
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Now she may have to watch someone like Kuznetsova exceed her career achievements by Saturday..

I believe that, if Clijsters retires after 2007, Kuznetsova will have exceeded her career achievements the moment both of them retire. But saturday would indeed be real soon.

On the thread - I agree with those who say people are seriously overreacting. This loss was not a surprise, Henin is simply better on clay.

The way she lost and the lack of any tension within the match surprised me though - I even had the feeling that Henin had felt more threatened by ALG, Myskina or even Garbin in her previous matches than by Clijsters today.
But everyone can have a bad day.

Bijoux0021
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:57 PM
She really has lost that eagerness and desire since last year's US Open and her mind is on family. It's unbelievable how her attitude has changed so quickly and enormously since then. Lleyton Hewitt's passionless play has been very similar, actually.

It's also sad that she'll retire as such a side-note in history to her compatriot, Henin-Hardenne. She could have had results in her career to match Justine's but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Kim has never shown eagerness and desire to win against Justine in Grand Slams. That's one thing I won't miss about Kim when she retires. And thank goodness this match today was a semifinal instead of a final. I've seen enough of their boring matches. They are always a letdown.

pierce0415
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Kim has won a Slam, the FedCup and has been Number 1 and is actually close to it again. She simply might lack goals in her career.

Is it that hard to set a goal: win another GS? :rolleyes:

ys
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Something tells me that's never a problem for Justine since she married Pierre Yves :tape: ;).

Justine is very dedicated to her career. They must have agreed on "No sex before retirement"

Kart
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Justine is very dedicated to her career. They must have agreed on "No sex before retirement"

If that is the agreement look to see Justine outlast Navratilova in terms of WTA tour longevity :cool:.

No.1Hingis
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Im mad.. really.. cause .. this can make me figure out and understand a lot of things.. Hope Kim backs soon.. HEART KIM.. come on.. Was awful to watch and follow..

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I think, thats just excuses. You donīt reach the final of Roland Garros twice, if you canīt play on clay.

I never said that Kim can't play on clay. And Kim didn't said that too. But it's just not her best surface. And it's Justine's best surface.

LoveFifteen
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:34 PM
If that is the agreement look to see Justine outlast Navratilova in terms of WTA tour longevity :cool:.

Justine doesn't like to get "allez-ed"? :angel:

Scots Kim Fan
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM
thats what i've been saying.
yet i got ripped for doing so.
she doesn't care about tennis anymore.
also she is justine henin's bitch.
justine owns her

Their head to head is 10-10 so justine doesn't 'own' anyone. Well done to juju tho, I guess she had the greatest will to win today so deserves to got through. :)

V-MAC
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:49 PM

No matter how good Justine is on clay, a player of Kim's calibre should be able to rise to the occasion and provide a match in the semi finals of a grand slam - there is no excuse :shrug: It is just like when Venus got trashed in the semi's of the Aus Open in 2001, no excuse for her there either :o

The Daviator
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Wow, it's hit me now that Kim's retirement is imminent, she has just one more shot at glory in Melbourne/Paris :eek:

xin_hui
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:04 PM
No matter how good Justine is on clay, a player of Kim's calibre should be able to rise to the occasion and provide a match in the semi finals of a grand slam - there is no excuse :shrug: It is just like when Venus got trashed in the semi's of the Aus Open in 2001, no excuse for her there either :o

i'm not putting it as an excuse. yes, she should have won more than 5 games. yes, she played poorly. but i'm not going to start saying she should retire or whatever the people are doing here, because to do it will just be ridiculous

KClijsters
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Wow, it's hit me now that Kim's retirement is imminent, she has just one more shot at glory in Melbourne/Paris :eek:

Come on people, your reactions are really to exaggerated. Yeah, she didn't played well, but she didn't played well this whole year on clay.

And when Kim's playing great at Wimbledon, will than everyone telling that Kim don't have to retire in 2007?

Carmen Mairena
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I don't mind either! :lol:

The Daviator
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Come on people, your reactions are really to exaggerated. Yeah, she didn't played well, but she didn't played well this whole year on clay.

And when Kim's playing great at Wimbledon, will than everyone telling that Kim don't have to retire in 2007?

I'm not criticizing Kim, I'm just saying I can't believe we'll only see her once more at those Slams!