PDA

View Full Version : What will Roland Garros do for Vaidisova?

The_Pov
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Yeah she lost but that's in the past now.
How do you think her game and confidence will she be a Dokic or a Sharapova?

And we have seen what a breakthrough can do for young players, just look at Anna Kournikova's Wimbledon semi-final in 1997 and Maria Sharapova's Wimbledon win in 2004.

What's Nicole Vaidisova's on court and off court prospects now?

Viktymise
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Well we all know what happens to players after they upset vee so the curse of vee could live on

RAA
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM
she'll be tired for wimby I think...

selyoink
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Logically you would think she would keep getting better but the way she lost this match could affect her mentally for quite a while.

Melly Flew Us
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Well we all know what happens to players after they upset vee so the curse of vee could live on
i would laugh but i'm a little superstitious and the evidence seems to support you.

The_Pov
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Logically you would think she would keep getting better but the way she lost this match could affect her mentally for quite a while.

She could brush it off like Sharapova does to every loss, not matter how big or humilating.

Viktymise
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:03 PM
i would laugh but i'm a little superstitious and the evidence seems to support you.
Well its been 50/50 for players who have beaten Vee at RG this Millenium, for eg
05 - Karatancheva well there was the drugs ban but her results after beating vee were poor for the rest of the season
04 - Myskina although i dnt think losing to vee affected her like losing to henin at the olympic, after 04 her game fell apart and hasnt recovered it
03 - Zvonereva probably benefited from beating Vee it put her on the map and for a yr and a half afterwars she kept getting better but in 05 she just fell apart
01 - Schett's career was never the same after beating Venus and it was the last big thing she ever did in the sport
00 - Sanchez Vicario, it wasnt really an upset but getting to the semi's of RG that yr after beating vee was the best thing she did before her career ended
99 - Schwartz beat vee in a thriller and has been plauged with injury ever since
So will we add Vaidisova to the list?

furrykitten
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Off court, alot of money through new sponsors, in a Maria type way.
On Court, she will be hunted, she has to keep improving which she will and maintain her self belief even if things dip. It seems she's had the best coaching and will continue to do so, its all uphill for Nicole.

dreamgoddess099
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:10 PM
:lol: Well I'm not superstitious, but I agree it is a little spooky.