PDA

View Full Version : Vaidisova's game

ys
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:17 PM
.. is very impressive. No fear, all out.. Like Sharapova/young Venus..

Brilliant timing on the shots and deadly accuracy.. Unexpectedly great dropshot.. I don't think she missed a one in all match or lost a point on a single one. Good hands, intimidating serve..

I though found it a bit laughable when first Carillo was talking about "imagine how well her groundstrokes would work on grass" and two minutes later Gilbert was begging Kuznetsova to keep the ball low as "Vaidisova misses a lot off low bounce".. :)

jeanpierre
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:53 PM
until she has to serve the match at 5-4, Vaidisova is playing unbelevable. Then, all this winning balls and big first serves that she make before, dont going any more in the court. Was kind of like choking.

pimpie
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:55 PM
She has more variety in her game then sharapova I must say, but does she also has
the same mental toughness?

ys
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:56 PM
She has more variety in her game then sharapova I must say, but does she also has

She is tough. No question about it. Just a bit more emotional..

greenfunkTHREE.
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:06 PM
She's got a great serve!

Direwolf
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:28 PM

Im not so sure about that mental toughness thing...
Venus was always told/thinks.. that she is the best...
Sharapova always have that "I'll kill you" attutude
Vaidisova has that 'hey look im cute, but i have good groundies"... she just get that tight thing when she gets to tiebreaks...

goldenlox
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:30 PM
When a player is in a zone, you can't see their weaknesses.
Over time, we'll see what she's got

cellophane
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Vaidisova has that 'hey look im cute, but i have good groundies"...

You mean "Hey, look - I'm cute and I have big groundies" ;)

furrykitten
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM
She is a very exciting prospect, I love her on court behaviour and charactoristics.

CC
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:25 PM

That's the bottomline when comparing the two.

partbrit
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:34 PM
I still think she is lacking clay court skills, but perhaps she will develop them. Once she got in, Kuzzy played very smart against her. I have little doubt that Vaidisova's confidence will continue to increase, however, and I think she will do better on other surfaces.

bellascarlett
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:39 PM

Exactly. This was Nicole's 'I'm young, I'm fearless, I've got potential and I've got nothing to lose' big tournament just like Wimbledon 2004 was for Maria. As impressive as this tournament has been for Nicole, some players she met along the way like Amelie and Venus obviously gave her the chance to play the part and Nicole just ran with more confidence each time as a young player in her position should. She came up a bit short today against a more level-headed, less error-prone opponent but she still had a great tournament. She's introduced herself as dangerous for the future.

tenn_ace
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:40 PM

exactly. I thought the same during her Sveta's match. Seems like Vaidisova was in the zone at RG. If not and this is a glimpse of her normal play, she'll become one of the best players in the history of tennis. She plays unbelieveable.

PS. Still hate her attitude and so don't like her at all.

RAA
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Exactly. This was Nicole's 'I'm young, I'm fearless, I've got potential and I've got nothing to lose' big tournament just like Wimbledon 2004 was for Maria. As impressive as this tournament has been for Nicole, some players she met along the way like Amelie and Venus obviously gave her the chance to play the part and Nicole just ran with more confidence each time as a young player in her position should. She came up a bit short today against a more level-headed, less error-prone opponent but she still had a great tournament. She's introduced herself as dangerous for the future.

yes, I agree. she's definitely got a top 5-10 game. but i'm not sure that she's more special than the top 5 now..

has she played vs. sharapova?
she looked to be a better mover to me than sharapova is but I confess Ihaven't watched much of nicole before Roland GArros so I'm still learning about her game. she can HIT the ball, that is for sure.. however that is not nearly enough these days to be dominant.

bellascarlett
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:54 PM
yes, I agree. she's definitely got a top 5-10 game. but i'm not sure that she's more special than the top 5 now..

has she played vs. sharapova?
she looked to be a better mover to me than sharapova is but I confess Ihaven't watched much of nicole before Roland GArros so I'm still learning about her game. she can HIT the ball, that is for sure.. however that is not nearly enough these days to be dominant.

They haven't played a WTA match, no. But I understand they played a WTT match which Maria lost 5-3. :o :lol: I think this was after Maria won Wimbledon though and was having her 'mini-slump' (someone has to verify). But really on the tour level, nope. Hope it comes on grass lol. But I do have to say Nicole seems to be a better mover than Maria and seems to be practicing on achieving more variety in her game. :rolleyes: :lol:

pimpie
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:59 PM
They haven't played a WTA match, no. But I understand they played a WTT match which Maria lost 5-3. :o :lol: I think this was after Maria won Wimbledon though and was having her 'mini-slump' (someone has to verify). But really on the tour level, nope. Hope it comes on grass lol. But I do have to say Nicole seems to be a better mover than Maria and seems to be practicing on achieving more variety in her game. :rolleyes: :lol:

Yeah I think you're right. They haven't played each other on tour... I would love to see them playing each other at wimbledon :hearts:

Also maria hits harder than nicole

bellascarlett
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Okay I did my research lol...the said World Team Tennis match was played on July 14, 2004 so just about 2 weeks after the Wimbledon win. ;)...