PDA

View Full Version : Nicole's FO tie-break record

SloKid
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:51 PM
She did very well to come back from losing the first set against Amelie and Venus and win in the end.
I guess you could say she is mentally tough.

But her tb record is awful:
3rd Round vs. Rezai
6-1 (8)6-7 6-0

4th Round vs. Mauresmo
(5)6-7 6-1 6-2

1/4 Final vs. Williams
(5)6-7 6-1 6-3

1/2 Final vs. Kuznetsova
7-5 (5)6-7 2-6

Three of those she lost to 5.
I think her tb record is an interesting stat. :shrug:

Ceze
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:52 PM
:eek:

Reuchlin
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:54 PM
ya, she's just not mentally there during tiebreaks

ezekiel
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:55 PM
She is too emotional and wears her emotions on her sleeve thus not able to concentrate on important points. She was crying again today but we forget she is only 17 even though she has been around for a few years now

SloKid
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:24 PM
:eek:
I'm surprised you didn't pick up on that numbers geek. ;) :p

TomTennis
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
:tape: at Venus not winning that QF match! I still cant get over whenever I see the result!!! :lol: I just need a massive punch in the face and I think ill be fine :lol:

Slumpsova
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:10 PM
i think tiebreaker is too tight for her to control the emotion. this is one thing that Nic needs to work on.

SloKid
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:19 PM
But there is one other very interesting fact.
She only dropped, not counting today's match, 7 games in 5 sets played after losing a set in the tb.
Even if we count today's match it's still only 13 games in 6 sets played, but, yeah, she lost today.

Thauron
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Actually, Belgian co-commentator Steven Martens was comparing Kuznetsova's and Vaidisova's record in TBs when they started theirs.

I don't remember the exact numbers but he said:
Kuznetsova won about 50% of her TBs in her career
Vaidisova's record was far better (75% or more if my memory doesn't betray me, maybe someone can look it up - I'm too lazy at the moment) - so, in truth, she is more than capable of winning TBs, except at RG perhaps. - but don't forget that in 3 out of 4 her opponent was far more experienced than her - and at those moments experience counts more than ever.