PDA

View Full Version : Sveta: The First Russian To Reach A FS Final Since ... Herself

pierce0415
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:49 PM
congrats Sveta on showing which Russian is most talented :D

cellophane
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:52 PM
She played consistent tennis. Her opponents self-destructed though. Dinara :tape: Nicole :help:

ceiling_fan
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:53 PM
yay! this is sveta's title!

Billy Moonshine
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I am very happy for her. Now I hope she can perform in the final an control her nerves. If she wins she will be a multiple slam champ and will have validated herself as a Great Player.
If she loses she will have added another fine credential to her resume: Roland Garros Runner Up.
Either way she wins!
Go Sveta!

Dasha_
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I am very happy for her. Hope she will win, because I know she has the game to do so...

hingisGOAT
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:29 PM
indeed, safina and vaidisova to reach a slam final? plz.

hopefully henin/clijsters put her in her place. 6-0 6-0 :armed:

alfajeffster
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Not so- Olga Morozova lost the French final in 1974 to none other than Chris Evert. She then went on to lose to Chris in the 1974 Wimbledon final as well. She was (and probably still is) a terrific tennis player.

Viktymise
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM
She is the first since herself and LenaD actually

pimpie
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:44 PM
:yeah:

tyk101
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:27 PM
wt about myskina? and lena D?

Foot's Fingers
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:29 PM
go Sveta!

Viktymise
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Morozova was the first ever, then Dementieva when she beat Suarez, Mykina when she beat Capriati, Sharapova when she beat Davenport, next Kuznetsova when she beat Davenport then LenaD beating Capriati so technically lena was the last russian to reach a slam final and Morozova was first. What does FS final mean cause Svetlana isint the first Russian to do anything

Viktymise
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:33 PM
congrats Sveta on showing which Russian is most talented :D
Svetlana is not the most talented, she is one of the most manufactured players on the tour

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM
thank you for mentioning this. after such an awful, heartbreaking year last year, a lot of people deemed her a headcase, and one who had a "fluke" US Open win. well, with this final appearance, and a consistent year so far, if svetlana wins this title, whether there are russians ahead of her in the rankings, i think she has to be considered the best russian at this point in time. i really want her to win this, not because i don't like justine, but i can't IMAGINE what this would mean to her, and what this would do for her ever-building confidence. best of luck to svetlana saturday:)

greenfunkTHREE.
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:09 PM
:worship: sveta!