PDA

View Full Version : Kuznetsova's reactions when she wins big matches

Billabong
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Can you be more emotionless? Just like USO 2004, almost nothing! She was 2 points from losing this one, and she reacted like she had won a second round match:tape:... Tough to be thrilled for her..

selyoink
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:47 PM
She knows her objective is not yet complete. Myskina was pretty emotionless after she beat Capriati in the semis and Dementieva in the final. Maybe they just don't like to celebrate in front of their vanquished opponents.

goldenlox
Sveta wasn't happy with how she played.
She knows when she's playing well, and when it's just a matter of competing.

pierce0415
:tape:
unfortunately we will be seeing alot more of this lack of emotion in the future

Billabong
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:48 PM
But still, it's a huge victory for her, her biggest since USO 2004 by far, it would have been nice to see more happiness, more relief... especially since she was so close to lose!

Alvarillo
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario has just interviewed Kuzzie on PHilippe Chatrier court for the Spanish TV, maybe when she ends the match doesn't express a lot of feelings but she was very happy

she said that she felt at one point that the story of losing in a tough match was going to repeat, but she fought and she did want to win because she knew Arantxa would make the interview at the end of the match
also said that she wants to play the best in the final, because is a GS Final and wants to play with the best

but she said that she wants a tough match for the other semifinalist
and that is only one match away from the title and she will fight un til the end!

both, Arantxa and Sveta were vey excited, it was a nice one
and Sveta's Spanish, just perfect!

Vamos Kuzzie!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

vesanto
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:54 PM
That´s one of the reasons no one cares about her (I know that I will have a lot of bad replies). People tend to like players that bring emotion to the court. She´s just dead in the court or in other cases, she`s spanking herself. But she´s an awsome player and I think that her talent with another head would be hugeee.

Lulu.
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:55 PM
She probably felt sorry for Nicole and didnt want to rub it in her face. I would of

Experimentee
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:57 PM
What do you expect her to do? Fall to her knees thumping her chest while rolling around in the dirt?
Thats just her personality, and not everyone can be a drama queen like Sharapova. You could still tell Sveta was happy, also when she won the US Open.
Beating Nicole isnt that great a win anyway, its not like beating a top player.

LoveFifteen
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Kuznetsova didn't go crazy after winning the US Open because Russians were in mourning. The Beslan tragedy, in which around 300 school children were murdered by terrorists, had just taken place. It was heavy on the heart of the whole world, and for Russians, even more so.

That being said, maybe Svetlana just has respect for her opponents so she doesn't go into gloating fits of celebratory insanity after winning a match.

ys
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:58 PM
She probably felt sorry for Nicole and didnt want to rub it in her face. I would of

I think you are right.. Sveta is quite a sensitive person.. Just like in her final against Lena D., or in Myskina's final against Lena D., they felt sorry for the opponent..

Besides, as goldenlox said, Sveta didn't play well, she knew she was outplayed in this match.

LoveFifteen

:lol: :haha: :worship:

vesanto
Beating Nicole isnt that great a win anyway, its not like beating a top player.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but reaching a grand slam final is!

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:59 PM
winning a SF isnt that big a deal even if it is a slam.

Bijoux0021
Can you be more emotionless? Just like USO 2004, almost nothing! She was 2 points from losing this one, and she reacted like she had won a second round match:tape:... Tough to be thrilled for her..

Actually, I like that about her. She doesn't let big match wins go to her head. She's just calm, cool and collected. At the same time, her lack of emotion doesn't invite her fans to celebrate these special moments with her.

harloo
I would rather her not show any emotion during the final either. She can't let fear get in her way this time. Because I think Justine will be her opponent(sorry Kim) and she will try to break down Sveta's confidence from the jump.

Sveta has the game to defeat Justine in the finals but she has to stay calm.

Billy Moonshine
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Why should she show emotion on the court?because you want her to!?
Not everyone thinks winning a GS Semi match is the be all and end all of life and sinks to the knees and raises their arms!
Everyone has their way of dealing with life and we should respect Sveta for how she chooses to react to her wins and losses. No doubt she is delighted with her win and how she expresses this is her perogative.
In my mind, it is healthier how she reacts. She has tennis in perspective.

Munich
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I love her reaction ;) Go Sveta :bounce:

vesanto
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I guess I just miss a beautiful smile in the end of their games like Martina or my Vee. I am not a huge fan of overemotional players like Sharapova :tape: , Pierce or Nadal in the men´s side. I just love Federer`s coolness!

vesanto
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:02 PM
winning a SF isnt that big a deal even if it is a slam.

:eek:

Billabong
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:03 PM

Yeah, but reaching a grand slam final is!

Exactly. I know it's probably her personality, but isn't it fantastic to see a player filled with joy when she wins a semifinal match of a Grand Slam:D? Venus in USO 2000, Hingis in USO 1999, Hingis in AO 2002, Henin in USO 2003, Sharapova in Wimbledon 2004, Venus in Wimbledon 2005, Serena in AO 2005, Henin in RG 2003, Serena in AO 2003, Serena in USO 2001, Venus in USO 2001 and many more. You could just feel it;)

vesanto
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Exactly. I know it's probably her personality, but isn't it fantastic to see a player filled with joy when she wins a semifinal match of a Grand Slam:D? Venus in USO 2000, Hingis in USO 1999, Hingis in AO 2002, Henin in USO 2003, Sharapova in Wimbledon 2004, Venus in Wimbledon 2005, Serena in AO 2005, Henin in RG 2003, Serena in AO 2003, Serena in USO 2001, Venus in USO 2001 and many more. You could just feel it;)

Yes, it is! When Vee won in wimbledon last year, I just wanted to go there and jump with her! :bounce:

The Daviator
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Sveta had a big reaction when she won Miami, maybe she doesn't mind beating 'certain' Russians ;)

tenn_ace
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:05 PM
What do you expect her to do? Fall to her knees thumping her chest while rolling around in the dirt?
Thats just her personality, and not everyone can be a drama queen like Sharapova. You could still tell Sveta was happy, also when she won the US Open.

:haha: good point!

VeeDaQueen
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:06 PM
c'mon Sveta!!! win this final!!!!

VeeDaQueen
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:07 PM
*memories of Vee jumping like a little school girl at Wimbledon* :hearts:

rikvanlooy
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:09 PM
I would rather her not show any emotion during the final either. She can't let fear get in her way this time. Because I think Justine will be her opponent(sorry Kim) and she will try to break down Sveta's confidence from the jump.

Sveta has the game to defeat Justine in the finals but she has to stay calm.

Euh, the h2h tells something else. 10-1 for JHH

Lulu.
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:11 PM

The best reaction I have ever seen from Rena :hearts:

Effy
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
its her business react or not, may be she just didnt show it

dav abu
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:36 PM
some players are just quiet and shy and don't want to make a fuss - it doesn't mean they are not feeling it. Lindsay is almost always reserved when she wins, I prefer that to people blowing kisses and twirling around after winning first round matches. Also you always have to think of the other person, I don't think its fair to dance in someones face. As Navratilova said "there is only one thing worse than a bad loser and that is a bad winner". Svetlana comes across to me as being quite shy and gentle, I don't think its in her to go berserk on match point but I'm sure she is thrilled.

Maryamator
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:40 PM
shes won a slam before so if she reaches a final of slam its like cool but not something new to her..and maybe she respects her opponents.. especially after nicole leadin 5/3 in the second set imagine how nicole felt after she lost.. i

angele87
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Of course it's her choice to react whichever way she wants to and she shouldn't change that because somebody doesn't like it. That being said, other people have the right to appreciate, or not appreciate that, about her. Personally, I don't like it much which it why I'll always be 100% neutral towards Kuznetsova. I could never get excited for a player who can't get excited about herself. I'm not saying (top) players should be jumping up and down after beating qualifiers in the first round of a tournament but when you make it to a final of a grand slam after being down, I like to see some emotion.

suzie
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:47 PM
People are different and act differently. I actually love her low profile. :yeah:

Davai Sveta, win it!

goldenlox
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Do people really prefer Nicole - "I can't believe it?" reaction?
Sveta is being herself.
If she wins Saturday, we might see some joy.
This one, she was supposed to win

Foot's Fingers
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:55 PM
it was not a final

andshew knew she would win when she was 4-0 up

greenfunkTHREE.
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:03 PM
and Sveta's Spanish, just perfect!

she speaks spanish? cool! Got a clip of her speaking spanish?

Bероника
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Do people really prefer Nicole - "I can't believe it?" reaction?
Sveta is being herself.
If she wins Saturday, we might see some joy.
This one, she was supposed to win

Definitely not

greenfunkTHREE.
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:12 PM
I remember when Nicole beat mauresmo. she dropped down to her knees like sharapova after she won the wimbledon. she later pounded her chest and i thought to myself. Oh shit!

Anyway, It's nice to have players like Kuznetsova who is humble. It's great. at least if she beats your favourite player it doesnt make you want to kill her even more. :)

DevilishAttitude
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:28 PM
I find it odd a Myskina fan can complain about the lack of emotion Sveta has when she wins. Remember FO 2004, Myskina just walked to the net :o

Sveta will show emotion when she wins and she regularly fist pumps in a match so it's not like she's doesn't do anything.

WF4EVER
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Everybody has their own personality. If she's not the type to express herself publicly, I think she has that right. You have no idea what she's feeling inside and youdon't have to. She knows what winning means to her.

I really don't see what that has to do with rooting for her.

vertigo
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:33 PM
What a way to get to the finals! I hope we'll see plenty of aces on Sat. I like her inexcessive emotions -- should she win I think we'll see some

treufreund
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Nicole actually speaks German, Czech, English and is learning French and Spanish.

As far as sveta goes, yes her reaction was very very stoic but that is her business. on the other hand, asking if we expected her to fall down and pump her chest is using exaggeration to discount what the thread originator was saying. Clearly, just a TOUCH of a smile or clap or something would have been nice to see. Especially given how she had to come back.