PDA

View Full Version : How did Sveta know that Nicole would break down?

GoDominique
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:44 PM
The way Sveta played, especially in the second set - quite passive and unemotional -, it was virtually her only chance to win this.
She needed Nicole to make the errors at 5-4, and she also needed Nicole to miss that easy forehand at 5-5 in the tie-break.

It almost looked like she knew this would be enough to take the set. She got away with it, but the outcome was not in her hands. In the final she will have to play to win, that's for sure.

MisterMan
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:48 PM
That's what her coaching staff is for !
They scout other player out, and they watch tapes of competitors.

Infiniti2001
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Kudos to her-- she stayed calm unlike the 2 knuckleheads who shall remain nameless and allowed the kid to self-destruct :shrug:

Gowza
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:00 PM
i was surprised how easily nicole was able to dominate sveta. sveta did change her game plan midway through the 2nd though but it was about the same time nicole started to breakdown so i'm not sure whether it was the new game plan of sveta's or whether nicole just lost it herself. it was clear in the first set sveta was trying to go stroke for stroke or even out power nicole which clearly wasn't the way to do it. end of 2nd and 3rd set she hit with a bit less power and used the angles more and got nicole moving more rather than hitting straight to her. i would have liked to have seen how it would have gone had sveta played that way in the first, whether nicole would have dealt with it or whether it would have produced the errors she was hitting more and more of as the match went on.

but it looked like nicole was crying a bit at the end of the match.

Munich
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Sveta was destined to win, that's all :devil:

tenn_ace
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Sveta was destined to win, that's all :devil:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

tenn_ace
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Kudos to her-- she stayed calm unlike the 2 knuckleheads who shall remain nameless and allowed the kid to self-destruct :shrug:

that's a sign of a champion :wavey:

goldenlox
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Sveta has been starting poorly in every match.
She knew she had to keep her composure

Helen Lawson
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Svetlana is a Cancer, which means she's psychic.

MinnyGophers
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:27 PM

Even though I love those two knuckleheads :yeah: