PDA

View Full Version : Has Bud Collins always been this simple?

tennisboi
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:23 PM
I've just watched Bud Collins on Eurosport and he seems that he is losing it or has he always been this stupid??

The Daviator
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:28 PM
He's funny though!

I remember after Sveta lost to Bychkova at the US Open, he said that Sveta was probably thinking 'where did this bych come from?' :lol:

partbrit
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Well, I recall a few years ago he tossed in Dokic and Sharapova as part of a group of "players who cannot play."

Kart
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I've just watched Bud Collins on Eurosport and he seems that he is losing it or has he always been this stupid??

Probably but when put next to Anabel Croft he comes across as a veritable genius.

dav abu
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:45 PM
I have to say I like Anabel, probably wouldn't do as an analyst but I like her as a presenter. As for Bud Collins I find him to be pure simple! I mean what was that tonight about the Belgians - ha ha ha Not. I remember when he interviewed Lindsay just after she had won Wimbledon he was insisting Lindsay sing yankee doodle dandee - she didn't know what to say to the man and looked half frightened when he kept insisting and said "I'm ok I have my little flag".

Scotso
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:48 PM
He never had it.

The Daviator
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:52 PM
I have to say I like Anabel, probably wouldn't do as an analyst but I like her as a presenter. As for Bud Collins I find him to be pure simple! I mean what was that tonight about the Belgians - ha ha ha Not. I remember when he interviewed Lindsay just after she had won Wimbledon he was insisting Lindsay sing yankee doddle dandee - she didn't know what to say to the man and looked half frightened when he kept insisting and said "I'm ok I have my little flag".

:lol:

sfselesfan
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:55 PM
He's been slipping into senility for about 15 years.

SF

new-york
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:56 PM
He's funny though!

I remember after Sveta lost to Bychkova at the US Open, he said that Sveta was probably thinking 'where did this bych come from?' :lol:

lolz. would not have found that one.

drake3781
Jun 8th, 2006, 12:08 AM
I enjoy him. :)

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 8th, 2006, 12:12 AM
I enjoy him. :)

You just like his pants ;) :p

drake3781
Jun 8th, 2006, 12:35 AM
You just like his pants ;) :p

Nah... I'm starting lately to respect and vaue older people; but it takes patience and a different way of thinking ....... it's about time. For a long time I didn't. Youth are so arrogant, we don't know how much we don't know.

thrust
Jun 8th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Bud Collins has probably forgotton more about tennis than all here ever knew. Give the guy a break, he is rather old and of another era far removed from this time.

Zauber
Jun 8th, 2006, 12:54 AM
cannot get ridd of him.
He was annoying when heaped and drooled and declared Chrissy the all American girl.
I think even Chris Evert herself was embarrassed by his accolades.
I wish somone would arrest him and his pants and throw away the key.

dav abu
Jun 8th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Very well said drake. I've fierce respect for older people, infact most of the people I most respect are older I think we could learn a lot from them and its sad that so many young people can be ignorant but when it comes to Bud I just don't know.........at least we will always have the yankee doodle dandee interview :lol:

MH0861
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Well he's like 100, it's a miracle he makes it to the courts without getting lost!

drake3781
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Well he's like 100, it's a miracle he makes it to the courts without getting lost!

I know a man who just turned 100 last week :eek: :eek: .

Drake1980
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:00 AM
He's funny though!

LMAO :lol:

bello
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:34 AM
He is good value for those who casually follow the game, and I he serves that purpose well...whereas the more fanatical types who can actually tell when he is far off, well we have.....Mary Joe?? Hmm...or each other!!