PDA

View Full Version : What Racket Do You Use And Why?

Aaron.
Jun 7th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I Use The N Blade Made by Wilson..it helps my groundstrokes with lots of power and control. What rackets do you all use?

mirzalover
Jun 7th, 2006, 06:52 PM
head flexpoint instinct i use it because i like the way it looks stupid reason but its true

AjdeNate!
Jun 7th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I don't play anymore, but I have/use(d) the Monica Yonex rackets.
When she changed, I changed.

Steve-o
Jun 7th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Wilson n6, It's really light, probably too light but it's definitely given me more control on the FH.

Darop.
Jun 7th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Wilson n6.1 95 18x20 with lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock.

Loves it to DEATH :hearts:

K-Dog
Jun 7th, 2006, 07:08 PM
head liquidmetal flexpoint instinct. better than the orginal imo. good control, good power, spin is not compromised, and a good weight in my hand.

Maryamator
Jun 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Babolat aero pro drive.. i feel its good for the way i play;)

alfajeffster
Jun 7th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Sometimes a Dunlop 200G, sometimes a Wilson Chris Evert Autograph, sometimes a Wilson T2000, and sometimes a very old Wilson Mary Hardwick autograph, but usually a Wilson ProStaff Hypercarbon 6.0 they discontinued about 3 years ago. I'm such a slave to fashion.

LH2HBH
Jun 7th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Wilson H Tour. I switched to it when my game came into more of the intermediate category. I'm a solid 3.5 -- the H Tour has a smaller head (95sq) than the oversized racquets I was using and the weight is more evenly balanced.

http://www.tennismall.com/ProductImages%5Cracquets%5CRWL537b.jpg

Lindsay Davenport's racquet (now that the NCode is out she uses the N Tour which is basically the same)

Mightymirza
Jun 7th, 2006, 07:48 PM
wilson hammer...Thats the onee i bought at first and i cantafford a new one :o..No reason to change it actually..

Craigy
Jun 7th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Wilson H-Rival
Why? I like it. Nice control along with power. I don't like most nCodes.

V's a star
Jun 7th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Wilson H4 b/c it was venus' lol! I love it tho

Aaron.
Jun 7th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Wilson H4 b/c it was venus' lol! I love it thoi played with that racket! it was ok but i like my n blade better

darrinbaker00
Jun 7th, 2006, 08:47 PM
I had been using the Head Liquidmetal 4, but I noticed my form getting worse, so I decided to go old-old-old school: the Head Graphite Edge, vintage 1983. Eighty-five square inches and 12.9 ounces of pure magic. I use Head racquets because Mr. Arthur Robert Ashe, Jr. used Head racquets. ;)

miffedmax
Jun 7th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Oh, I'm slightly afraid to admit it because I give her so much shit, but I use the Masha-endorsed Prince Turbo Shark.

It helps my not especially powerful forehand, but it's versatile enough for play at the net. And for somebody who likes to slice as much as I do, it's a damn breadknife.

I chose it after playtesting a lot of the rackets mentioned here, especially the Head Liquid instinct.

Dirty secret: even though it's the stick of choice for the otherwise perfect Elena, I have tried and can't STAND Yonex! You wanna know why that poor girl can't serve? Because Yonex are shite!

Dirty Secret II: my doubles partner uses a Yonex.

Paialii
Jun 7th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I've played with just about all of the Wilson racquets, and I used the nBlade for a month or two, but last week I received a shipment of Wilson nCode nSix-Two racquets from Wilson which I'll probably use once I start playing full-time again (ankle injury).

darrinbaker00
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Oh, I'm slightly afraid to admit it because I give her so much shit, but I use the Masha-endorsed Prince Turbo Shark.

It helps my not especially powerful forehand, but it's versatile enough for play at the net. And for somebody who likes to slice as much as I do, it's a damn breadknife.

I chose it after playtesting a lot of the rackets mentioned here, especially the Head Liquid instinct.

Dirty secret: even though it's the stick of choice for the otherwise perfect Elena, I have tried and can't STAND Yonex! You wanna know why that poor girl can't serve? Because Yonex are shite!

Dirty Secret II: my doubles partner uses a Yonex.
Don't blame Elena's poor serving on the racquet, Max. A good craftsman never blames his tools. ;)

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I have a LIFETIME loyalty to Wilson. Not just cuz my girls (if you don't know...:retard:) use it, but I just like the quality of their racquets. When the NCode line came out, I got the N6, cuz I used to have the H6 (like Ree), and it worked for my solid 3.5 game. I HATED it. I don't know why, but it was just way to difficult to adjust to. So I floated around with a couple of other ones. Like the NTour, but LOVED the N4 when it came out onto the market. Only thing was it was too much racquet, so I tried to adjust to it, but it wasn't working out. So now, I use this racquet...the BEST EVER!

http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/big/N62-big.jpg

felipemia89
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:36 PM
I use the Babolat Pure Control! good control and power!

new-york
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:40 PM

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

i use a Wilson n6. I feel confortable with it.

Derek.
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Wilson nCode nTour - Why? I don't know why actually. I want a new racquet. :o

Ty-Ty
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Wilson nCode nTour - Why? I don't know why actually. I want a new racquet. :o

They just came out with the nCode nTour Two. I think Justine is playing with it. Although, I'm guessing you want a new racquet, not an updated version of your old one. :lol:

LegionArgentina
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Babolat Contest Series 2 , i play national tennis . The reason is i like the raquet, whose give me more control.

-jenks-
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:38 PM
I use the prince shark! I like it's power!

GracefulVenus
Jun 8th, 2006, 01:27 AM
http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/big/600G-big.jpg
I use the Dunlop 600G I.C.E. Racquet. I'm also a solid 3.5 with a powerful forehand, and this racquet allows me to hit throught the ball, without overhitting.
The only complaint I have with this racquet is the dampener comes off in the middle of long rallies.......it can really throw you off! Otherwise, great for people just getting into intermediate level or advanced intermediates. It really feels like butter in your hands. Very comfortable racquet.

gillibean
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Babolat Aeropro Drive- it is awesome

G~Playa
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Wilson nTour, Iono Why I use it, i just gotta good feel for it..

Dunlop1
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:31 AM
I use 2 racquets.

My main racquet is the Wilson ProStaff 6.0 Original (95 sqin) 16x18. It is 12.2 oz stock but I have 10g of lead at 3 and 9 oclock.
http://www.holabirdsports.com/products/100084.jpg
This racquet is simply awesome, especially serves and my one handed backhand.

Second is the Slazenger Pro X-1.
http://www.holabirdsports.com/products/100811.jpg
Get tons of spin with this racquet.

sesilfan
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Babolat pro drive(Cljisters one) a solid racquet

Asif_Nawaz
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Babolat Areo Pro Drive for Aero-Dynamics and Extra Power off both wings.

Asif_Nawaz
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:26 AM
I used to Use

Dunlop Spirit 100

Slazenger Tim Henman Signature Pro Lite Series

bionic71
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Currently using BABOLAT PURESTORM TEAM (I have noticed both Petrova and Safina using it).

Love the dampened feel. Nice mix of power and control....very stable on return. Lovely on serve.

controlfreak
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Babolat Pure Control because the colours match my underwear because it's quite heavy and forces me to use good technique.

Josh.
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:14 AM

dont worry i use it too.. :o good allround raquet tho

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Not Released yet, but I play with the Volkl DNX 10 Mid (93 sq. inches)

Still missing the Tour 10 Mid Original, they don't make it anymore and it was the best.

1handedwonder
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:23 AM
i play with the prince shark, mp, just the combo of control and power that i need, i wish i had had it in high school would have one more matches, but i came out like 4 months after my last season sigh
only bad thing is that u have to work really hard for topsin

sunset
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:23 AM
I use a Wilson Triad 3.0 and have a use a one handed back hand. :bounce: :wavey:

tabieonelove
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:39 AM
i've got the Prince 03 White... awesome racquet... i also have the 03 Red... so much power... the White is better...

meyerpl
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:57 AM
An old woody with a picture of Ellsworth Vines on it, because I'm a cheap bastard.

1handedwonder
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:02 AM
je voudrais le blanche

darrinbaker00
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Aren't we special? :ras:

Aaron.
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:27 PM
bump

juanito7
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Wilson surge, because light, accurate and powerfull

DarkchildSwiss
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I played a Yonex racquet which I really loved and now I play a head racquet.

akosijepoy
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I've been playing with Head i.xtreme. It's 5 years old. I want to change it but I dunno what to replace it with.

Aaron.
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:45 PM
:hearts:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 14th, 2006, 05:25 PM
N-six one 95- coz I play power game most of the time and I need control. Also This raquet is good for slices.

But now I switched to NTour 95, Lindsay's racket coz I feel I need a little bit more power.

Darop.
Jun 14th, 2006, 05:25 PM

Still missing the Tour 10 Mid Original, they don't make it anymore and it was the best.

The DNX 10 has been released for quite a while now :confused:

xr6turbo
Jun 14th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Emrik Double Edge Ceramic.

It's a beast.

VDAQUEEN
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Wilson H Tour. I switched to it when my game came into more of the intermediate category. I'm a solid 3.5 -- the H Tour has a smaller head (95sq) than the oversized racquets I was using and the weight is more evenly balanced.

http://www.tennismall.com/ProductImages%5Cracquets%5CRWL537b.jpg

Lindsay Davenport's racquet (now that the NCode is out she uses the N Tour which is basically the same)

ME TOO! I love this racquet. I just got a spare on ebay for $25

WorldWar24
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:26 PM
HEAD LM Intinct in an attempt to give me some control. But it doesn't really matter coz I'll just keep whacking the ball left and right, to the net, beyond the baseline and to outter space, whichever is the racket I'm using. I'm aware that it's not the racket it's the mentality. I can't resist whacking a smash from the baseline off a moonball. I respect power players, yes it can be boring but I know the joy they are feeling beating the crap out of the ball

VeeDaQueen
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:11 PM
currently Head LM Heat, but switching to Head Flexpoint 4

germex
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Head Ti.S6 I like because it allows me to hit with a lot of spin when i want to, it is very light, and it has good control. I have had that one for 7 or 8 years.

Oneofakind0490
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:32 PM
I have Prince Beast. Why becuase it was 30 bucks and cheap:lol:

wukenaihe
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Shark, it's powerful and easy to control it.

technique90
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:55 AM
yonex rds001