PDA

View Full Version : SELES WINS MADRID

Seles1
May 26th, 2002, 05:39 AM
In-form Seles Wins In Madrid
May 25, 2002

Getty Images

Monica Seles warmed up for the French Open next week with an impressive win in the final of the $170,000 WTA Madrid Open.

The American star, who won this event 10 years ago, overpowered compatriot Chanda Rubin 6-4 6-2 on the clay court on Saturday.

Seles, a three-time French Open winner, was able to shift up a gear at will to ensure she took her second tournament victory of the season and is delighted with her form on the red courts.

She said: 'I was very happy with the way I played and knew I had to start well because Chanda had been playing well all week. I was very glad to get some clay-court matches under my belt ahead of Paris and I am pretty pleased with my form at the moment.'

'It is a great way to head in to Roland Garros, because the tournament there holds such fond memories for me as it where I won my first Grand Slam.

'I am still hungry for another victory there, but am lucky to be at the stage of my career where I am playing purely for the enjoyment.'

From the Sanex Wta Tour Website

WAY TO GO MONICA!!!
WE LOVE YOU:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jippo McScally
May 26th, 2002, 10:40 AM
GO MONICA!!!!
WIN ROLAND GARROS!!!!

Monica_Rules
May 26th, 2002, 10:43 AM
GO MONICA:D

galadriel
May 26th, 2002, 02:28 PM
GO MONICA :)

selesadmirer
May 26th, 2002, 03:49 PM
come on monica.win roland garros

Jovon
May 26th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Congrats to Monica!:)

Richie77
May 27th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Way to go Monica!! :)

Miranda
May 27th, 2002, 05:19 AM
lets go Monica, I love you :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: