PDA

View Full Version : Great section for Anna Kournikova!

selesrules
May 26th, 2002, 04:23 AM
She only has to deal with Patty Schnyder and Jennifer Capriati. It shouldn't be too difficult because ANNA KOURNIKOVA has an amazing 7-1 record against them!

4-0 vs Schnyder
3-1 vs Capriati

GO ANNA!

kournikovafan13
May 26th, 2002, 04:36 AM
Yeah, but Anna also has to overcome Iroda and her injury.

oh and btw, Anna's record against Jenn is 5-1 if you count exhibitions. All their tour matches were before Jenn completed her comeback.
And if you count Fed Cup, Patty has beaten Anna:eek: ...when Anna was 15.:o

THE NET
May 26th, 2002, 08:41 AM
The injury is still the main problem for her.

Let's pray for ANNA KOURNIKOVA!!

GO ANNA!!

:bounce:

Jorn
May 26th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Iroda or EVA DYRBERG will beat Anna in R2 :)

~ The Leopard ~
May 26th, 2002, 12:35 PM
That injury is a real concern. Without it, I think Anna could play some great tennis at RG and at least get through to the round of 16, where she'd give JenCap a hard time, even if she eventually lost.

With the injury hanging around, though, it's a lot tougher. I think the main thing might be for Anna to treat it as a tournament where she has nothing to lose, and just experiment with whatever new tactics etc she's been working on with Harold Solomon.

John Inverdale
May 26th, 2002, 12:51 PM
:) I love Anna.

But I don't think she can beat Jen in anything other than an exhibition.

She just isn't committed enough.

Shane54
May 26th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Yes, that is right. All Anna's victories against Jenn came before that amazing 2001 season. A totally different Anna and Jenn..

TatiAnnahølic
May 26th, 2002, 06:23 PM
GO ANNA!!! :D

Williams Rulez
May 27th, 2002, 04:28 AM
Will Patty tank the match again... :o

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 27th, 2002, 05:41 AM
I agree that Anna does have an excellent section in RG. However, there have been many instances where she has good draws and has crashed out in round 1. Her injury will probably pop up somewhere in the tournament. However, I can't see her losing to Christina Wheeler, even in the state that she is in right now. If she does, she needs to take a long, hard look at her game. If she is in form though, the 4th round is definitely achieveable. This is the only way I can see her beating Jennifer though..

Anna serving down 3-6 2-4, Jennifer hits a forehand on the line that's called out

Jennifer: What the f*ck are you talking about, motherf*cker?!
Ref: Audible obscenity, warning Ms. Capriati.
Jennifer: That was on the f*cking line, go*damnit! This is such bulls*it!
Ref:Audible obscenity, point penalty Ms. Capriati.
Jennifer: F*ck you, b*tch!
Ref:Default Ms. Capriati. Game, set, match, Ms. Kournikova.

Philip
May 27th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Go Anna :)