PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that there will be any major upsets in week #1

nikita771
May 26th, 2002, 02:03 AM
I was looking at the draw and wondering who has the chance to either score and upset or be upset. What do you guys think? Is there a possibility that one of our favs won't be around the second week?

disposablehero
May 26th, 2002, 02:05 AM
Roland Garros is unpredictable. One of the top 6 probably won't make the Quarterfinal, and it wouldn't be a total shock if half the top 6 didn't.

Benny
May 26th, 2002, 02:23 AM
I think Paola Suarez will outlast Sandrine in round 1, in a very tough match(damn draw!:mad: ), and ofcourse Denisa will beat Tammy (17):sad: :sad:. Maybe Anna Smashnova will be beaten by Francesca, but who knows:):)

Mikey
May 26th, 2002, 02:26 AM
unfortunately, sandrine will be the first of the top 8 to go poof. paola = clay player and sandrine does not = clay player. :sad: :sad:

barmaid
May 26th, 2002, 03:04 AM
Of course there will be..however I must admit that the women's side is more predictable than the men's....in their top 20 guys...anybody can beat each other #1 can lose to #20 because the competition is so close..oops! I'm sounding like Rios now!!:eek: Best of luck to all the WTA and ATP players!!:D

barmaid:wavey:

Richie77
May 27th, 2002, 03:37 AM
It's definitely possible. If I had to pick a player it would probably be (sorry, Jay et al.) Dokic. She might be tired by now.

And I'm not gonna jump on the "Paola's gonna beat Sandrine" bandwagon. Can Paola beat Sandrine? Absolutely. But I don't think it's a foregone conclusion.