PDA

View Full Version : ana's worst losses ever in your opinion

azdaja
Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM
as it says in the title. given that this week was a bit of a dissappointment and that being dissappointed is a prominent part of bein ana's fan, which one of her losses annoyed or upset you the most?

my top 3:

1) her loss to dementieva at indian wells 2006. it was sooo winnable :rolleyes:

2) her loss to stosur in melbourne 2006. just because i stayed up to watch that match http://www.play.fm/images/smiles/icon_banging01.gif

3) her loss to chakvetadze in warsaw 2006. why, oh why? http://www.play.fm/images/smiles/icon_nono02.gif

FedExpress
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:18 AM
4) her loss to Myskina at Roland Garros 2006.

~lollipop_girl~
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Her loss to Stosur was certainly the most painful, she was 5-1 up in the 2nd and still managed to lose in straight sets for god sakes!

azdaja
Jun 4th, 2006, 12:25 PM
i don't think her loss to myskina was that bad. myskina is a very good player after all.

FedExpress
Jun 4th, 2006, 12:47 PM
i don't think her loss to myskina was that bad. myskina is a very good player after all.

It can be. I didn't see the whole match. I just saw a few highlights and maybe they didn't really show what Ana was playing. Before the match I thought it will be a close three-setter but it was an easy match for Nastya in the end. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm a little disappointed that Ana just won a few games because she was playing so well against Schnyder a few days before.

azdaja
Jun 4th, 2006, 01:25 PM
i don't think ana played well, but part of the reason is that myskina didn't let her. i'm sure ana can play much better than that, but i don't really feel as bad about this loss as i did about the loss to dementieva.

FedExpress
Jun 4th, 2006, 01:53 PM
i don't think ana played well, but part of the reason is that myskina didn't let her. i'm sure ana can play much better than that, but i don't really feel as bad about this loss as i did about the loss to dementieva.

Why not? This was a GS-match and the other was 'only' a Tier 1. Okay she should have win over Elena but I think Ana should have play better on a GS than she actually played against Myskina because a GS is something special for every player and you don't want to leave a GS with such a result isn't it? On the other side maybe Nastya was just too good for her.
I dunno but maybe we shouldn't talk about that anymore and looking forward for the next tournament where she can show us how good she can play tennis :)

azdaja
Jun 4th, 2006, 02:01 PM
yeah, this thread is there just so you can vent your frustration and i hope it won't be growing fast.

G~Playa
Jun 6th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Loss To Stosur Was Bad, Coz I Was At The Match..Expecting Ana To Win, I Betted $60 With My Friend That She Wud Win.. :(

azdaja
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
my top 3:

1) her loss to dementieva at indian wells 2006. it was sooo winnable :rolleyes:

2) her loss to stosur in melbourne 2006. just because i stayed up to watch that match http://www.play.fm/images/smiles/icon_banging01.gif

3) her loss to chakvetadze in warsaw 2006. why, oh why? http://www.play.fm/images/smiles/icon_nono02.gif

1) her loss to chakvetadze in san diego 2006 :fiery:

2) her loss to chakvetadze in san diego 2006 :fiery:

3) her loss to chakvetadze in san diego 2006 :fiery:

**Jelica**
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Her loss this week was not good... Not terrible, but if Ana wants to become a top player she has to cut that kind of thing out of her game, start winning these kind of matches.

Belco
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:01 PM
her loss this week was :fiery: i had money on her :( and it hurt when she lost :(

G~Playa
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Her loss to Stosur was certainly the most painful, she was 5-1 up in the 2nd and still managed to lose in straight sets for god sakes!
yeah i was atthat match

bad loss

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 22nd, 2006, 09:58 PM
Her worst match from this year is certainly against Stosur. Too many unforced errors and Stosur came easily back from 5-1. This match is a lot different then yesterday's match!
Very painful were the losses against Dementieva, Indian Wells and Chakvetadze, San Diego.

That are only a few, but I can't think of any other real bad result/match.
If you're talking about victories, the list is a lot bigger!

MagicMilan
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:15 AM
Her losses to Razzano and Douchevina :o

ezekiel
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:22 PM
the worst losses happen incidentally in grand slams and who can forget vento kabchi at last year US open:o or stosur at AO:o or Myskina at FO . She was not playing at all here. Unfortunatelly there were many other smaller losses especially to amelie :rolleyes: or Chakvetadze that were bad in their own way . But things may be changing hopefully with the new coach. She seems to have new drive in her after Rogers Cup.
Only thing I wonder is if she was ever bagelled on wta ?

Just Do It
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:39 PM
Chakvatadze SD 2006...i lost all my money on that match ! :(

Dexter
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:06 PM
IMO her worst loses where vs Anna Czakwetadze. This girl has no weapon and in Warsaw Ana looked embarrassed when losing. Hope it won't happen anymore :)