PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay's Wimbledon Chances: 50/50

Andrew..
Jun 2nd, 2006, 01:11 PM
According to good friend M.J. Fernandez, Lindsay is only 50/50 on playing Wimbledon.

Oh, okay.

Vacant
Jun 2nd, 2006, 01:12 PM
I guess that means no warm-up if she does play Wimbledon.

lindsayno1
Jun 2nd, 2006, 01:29 PM
What? Where did u hear that? .... i blame gwen!

The Daviator
Jun 2nd, 2006, 01:37 PM
Well if that's true, then I reckon it's 50/50 that she'll ever come back :sad: She's repeatedly stated that she's only continuing because she wants to win that 4th Slam, if she's going to let her best shot at Slam glory pass her by, then I guess that's it!

Please be there Lindsay!

mike/topgun
Jun 2nd, 2006, 01:54 PM
Well, not surprised really. However, the back problem could be just exactly what I'm thinking of...then it's a real threat to Lindsay's career.
I'll repeat once again - I'd just like to see her play with no pain, enjoying her game...that's all. But she's not going to win a Slam, or play any tournaments, if she's not fit.
Mary Jo is a good friend and I believe her;)

Loughyunijen
Jun 2nd, 2006, 02:20 PM
According to good friend M.J. Fernandez, Lindsay is only 50/50 on playing Wimbledon.

Oh, okay.

Where was the source andrew? interview or broadsheet?

Harju.
Jun 2nd, 2006, 05:35 PM
Gavin is accompanying Gwen and their new baby these days, so unless Lindz hooks up with new celebrity, she's most prolly going to play ;)

dav abu
Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:45 PM
Fuck it! I would consider Mary Joe to be a reliable source so I'd say its touch and go whether or not Lindsay will play :sad: and lets face it if she barely makes it back in time for Wimbledon she is not going to be able to compete.

RJWCapriati
Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:51 PM
Lindsay won't miss Wimbledon unless there is a major reason.

Lindsayfan32
Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:40 PM
If Mary Joe is source there's alot of truth to it she knows Lindsay well and hubby is Lindsay's manager so this back problem could I hate to say it could be career threating and I for one would hate to see Lindsay retire because of injury she deserves better.

Thanks for posting Andrew and I'm daming it if Lindsay withdraws as the second week of Wimbledon is my first week of school holidays. But let's hope she fighting fit and able to play. She had a back injury before the 2000 wimbledon and still made the final so there's still hope.

tennisboi
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:05 AM
IMO it's 50/50 at best:sad: she's looked a physcial mess since last year's final,up and down week in week out.I fell so sorry for Lins she has had do much bad luck in her career and this just shows me that good guys end up last(i'm referring to last years Wimby final)

dav abu
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:42 AM
they don't always I mean she has her three slams and gold medal but I know what you mean she has been dogged with very bad luck the last few years. Ah well all we can do is hope she is at Wimby.

MH0861
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:54 AM
They had a falling out years ago at one point. I bet that bitch is spreading these lies around for payback because she's some big bad B-list commentator now.

Ty-Ty
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:39 AM
I would be really suprised if she didn't play Wimbledon.

mike/topgun
Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:07 AM
She had a back injury before the 2000 wimbledon and still made the final so there's still hope
It was different then...not that serious, and Lindsay was n1/n2 in the world, still she played crap against Likhovtseva, struggled against Seles and the semifinal and the final Vs Venus looked unimpressive as well:(
Lindsay is probably going to play if she's only able to hit, maybe not neccessarily playing her best or "compete at the highest level"...
Sadly, I can't see much of a chance for winning the whole thing right now...

The Daviator
Jun 3rd, 2006, 04:37 PM
Well she has 3 weeks left to rest and rehab, even if she's not 100%, I'd like to see her make an effort, especially if she's going to stop at the end of the season, she may aswell, who knows what will happen, we all know how well Kim can do at Slams when injured ;) I just want to see her play again, I miss all her trademark straight set drubbings :sad: