PDA

View Full Version : DFS Classic: Birmingham

ZAK
May 31st, 2006, 12:37 AM
She'll have two extra weeks of rest on her ankle and grass should be physically easier than clay

Seeds:

1. Sharapova
2. Schiavone
3. Hantuchova
4. Likhovtseva
5. Kirilenko
6. Sugiyama
7. Golovin
8. Bartoli
9. Chakvetadze
10. Jankovic
11. Arvidsson
12. Koukalova
13. Castano
14. Santangelo
15. Li Na
16. Zheng

Its gonna be a tough draw! Hopefully Tati will be in Schiavone's half ;)

UDACHi
May 31st, 2006, 01:35 AM
Allez. Good chance to play her way into form for Wimbledon. :hearts:

And dare I say, take the title? :tape:

selyoink
May 31st, 2006, 04:00 AM
Good Luck on the grass Tati.

FrenchY52
May 31st, 2006, 12:49 PM
Go Tania

JS
May 31st, 2006, 08:16 PM
I hope Tati will 100% healthy to play here if she wants to be seeded for Wimbledon as she will fall outside top 30 after RG...
But she seems to play really well at this tournament and the fact that Sharapova is not playing it can give us big hopes :p
Rest well Tati, and good luck for the grass month, you have a great shot ;)

Harju.
Jun 1st, 2006, 02:44 AM
Let's hope for a better draw this time around :banghead:

willrock
Jun 2nd, 2006, 01:11 PM
Tati will probably be #33 after RG.
This tournament will be an opportunity for Tati to get back in form and ensure a seeding at Wimbly.
Good luck Tati :bounce:

rseto
Jun 2nd, 2006, 01:52 PM
Tati will probably be #33 after RG.
This tournament will be an opportunity for Tati to get back in form and ensure a seeding at Wimbly.
Good luck Tati :bounce:

i hope tati can get seeded at wimbledon but it's going to be tough with sf points to defend. she might have to depend on someone withdrawing.

i'm not sure what i want. tati might get a better draw if she's unseeded rather than at 31 or 32.

Harju.
Jun 2nd, 2006, 05:30 PM
she needs to be seeded. what if she faces Venus or Shutapova in the first round. it's another tournament with few pictures :bigcry:. I hope she's going to come up with a new outfit for Wimbledon. :(

selyoink
Jun 2nd, 2006, 08:00 PM
she needs to be seeded. what if she faces Venus or Shutapova in the first round. it's another tournament with few pictures :bigcry:. I hope she's going to come up with a new outfit for Wimbledon. :(

Yeah if she isn't seeded she could face anyone. Obviously if she is seeded the best player she could face in the first round would be #33 or whatever the last ranked person is who doesn't receive a seed.

FrenchY52
Jun 2nd, 2006, 08:22 PM
Tati is announced in Eastbourne after Birmingham

Harju.
Jun 2nd, 2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah if she isn't seeded she could face anyone. Obviously if she is seeded the best player she could face in the first round would be #33 or whatever the last ranked person is who doesn't receive a seed.
and with tati's luck even if she's seeded she would play the red hot upcoming star. :o

tati can do very well on grass. so far her only losses are to sharapova and serena. let's forget the loss to alona bondarenko because clearly she was injured. but if she has a good draw, she can definately make it to QF at Wimbledon. but we'd see how it goes in birmingham. meanwhile her ranking slides down to #33 :( not looking good since she still has tons to defend in birmingham but after that, she has practically nothing to defend for US hardcourts except USO where she reached 3rd round. allez tania!

tennisrulz8
Jun 2nd, 2006, 11:15 PM
I hope she is healthy and good luck.

rseto
Jun 3rd, 2006, 04:40 AM
and with tati's luck even if she's seeded she would play the red hot upcoming star. :o

tati can do very well on grass. so far her only losses are to sharapova and serena. let's forget the loss to alona bondarenko because clearly she was injured. but if she has a good draw, she can definately make it to QF at Wimbledon. but we'd see how it goes in birmingham. meanwhile her ranking slides down to #33 :( not looking good since she still has tons to defend in birmingham but after that, she has practically nothing to defend for US hardcourts except USO where she reached 3rd round. allez tania!

not that i really disagree with you guys but i think tati has a better shot at reaching the 2nd week being unseeded. with so many slots, the odds are pretty good of avoiding the top players. but if she is #32, i don't see her getting past the 3rd round.

anyway, i'm very interested in seeing how well she plays in the next couple of weeks. if she's not healthy, it won't matter whether she is seeded or not.

ZAK
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Hopefully Tati is/will be in England in the next few days to get some grass court practice in. Sharapova has enetered the tournament making the field even stronger

Harju.
Jun 5th, 2006, 07:37 AM
why is sharapova whoring a Tier III tournament every year. there goes the title :tape:. allez tania. here's to a good draw.

FrenchY52
Jun 5th, 2006, 09:27 AM
C'mon Tati

rseto
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:47 AM
arrgh! the headline is: Golovin tres incertaine pour Wimbledon. someone please tell me this isn't true. why do i have this feeling that she might have suffered some long term injury to her ankles? :sad:

http://www.sports.fr/fr/cmc/scanner/tennis/200623/golovin-tres-incertaine-pour-wimbledon_96829.html?popup