PDA

View Full Version : Cheer Squad for 2007 Oz Open

ohgollymissmolik
May 30th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Ok, I'm getting in early but I plan on going all out in organising a support squad for Al at next years Oz Open. There is nothing like home crowd support so let's bring it on!

If anyone in Melbourne is interested in joining me (or anyone who might be visiting for the tournament), please post or send me a msg. It would be great to coordinate tickets before they go on sale in a couple of months, and also organise a cheer squad, banners, shirts etc.

Who's interested? :worship: :worship: :worship:

Mana
May 30th, 2006, 03:45 AM
I am! Not too sure if I can make it over tho. Still trying to get the time off work:o.....but I'm confident I will be there!

So count me in....atm!

miss_molik
May 30th, 2006, 09:04 AM
I probably won't be going.

Alicia Rocks
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Im probably going :banana:

Mana
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Im probably going :banana:

:):D

Alicia Rocks
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:29 AM
:):D

Can't wait :p

aussy89
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:47 AM
im going already have my accomadation and flight sorted lol =p um im pretty much on the sam band waggon with the smashymotos(smash em sam group) but if i have a chance to catch any alicia game ill jump in on the cheer squad, or is this a alicia only cheer squad lol =)

Mana
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Can't wait :p

Me either! Its going to be great to be able to meet other people from WTAworld! (That are not other Kiwi's!)

Mana
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:51 AM
im going already have my accomadation and flight sorted lol =p um im pretty much on the sam band waggon with the smashymotos(smash em sam group) but if i have a chance to catch any alicia game ill jump in on the cheer squad, or is this a alicia only cheer squad lol =)

I'm not really a fan of Molik, but I'm all for having a good time and meeting new people!

Oh and btw,
I dont sing Advance Australia Fair! (Well not with out a few drinks anyway)

Alicia Rocks
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Me either! Its going to be great to be able to meet other people from WTAworld! (That are not other Kiwi's!)

I know, what a social event this is going to be :cool:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:09 AM
I'm not really a fan of Molik, but I'm all for having a good time and meeting new people!

Oh and btw,
I dont sing Advance Australia Fair! (Well not with out a few drinks anyway)

:haha: Well i'll be to young for the drinks bit :p

Mana
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:13 AM
:haha: Well i'll be to young for the drinks bit :p

:lol: I will have to shout you then! :cool:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:23 AM
:lol: I will have to shout you then! :cool:

:rocker2:

Not in front of my Mum though :p

aussy89
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:26 AM
ull have to shout me to then lol, should be a great 2 week holiday for me woohoo bring on the aussy open, but i cant wait first to go to the wismilak international sammy and possible alicia playing there, and i get to go for free.

Mana
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:34 AM
:rocker2:

Not in front of my Mum though :p

You can ditch your Mum and come hang wif me :bounce: . But otherwise, you've got six months to talk her around!!

Mana
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:37 AM
ull have to shout me to then lol, should be a great 2 week holiday for me woohoo bring on the aussy open, but i cant wait first to go to the wismilak international sammy and possible alicia playing there, and i get to go for free.

Yeah...bring it on!!

Alicia Rocks
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:38 AM
You can ditch your Mum and come hang wif me :bounce: . But otherwise, you've got six months to talk her around!!

Trust me once we get through the gates tata to Mumzie :p :hehehe:

aussy89
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:49 AM
lol thats the way to go iv bought airfare tickets for my mum to come over to melb but shes gona come a week after i come so i got a full week and a bit without the folks woohoo ill be par-tay-ing lol, least my hotel aint to far away from the centre

Mana
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Trust me once we get through the gates tata to Mumzie :p :hehehe:

:hehehe: Thats the one! Make her pay, then send her on her way! :worship: :worship:

Cant wait!!

Mana
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:53 AM
lol thats the way to go iv bought airfare tickets for my mum to come over to melb but shes gona come a week after i come so i got a full week and a bit without the folks woohoo ill be par-tay-ing lol, least my hotel aint to far away from the centre

Did someone say party??! Just tell me where!!

Alicia Rocks
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:01 AM
:hehehe: Thats the one! Make her pay, then send her on her way! :worship: :worship:

Cant wait!!

Bloody oath, she can go do some shopping or something :p

Alicia Rocks
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:02 AM

Hell yes, i'm going to be there the opening week as well :cool:

Mana
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Bloody oath, she can go do some shopping or something :p
:lol: Thata all mothers seem to do these days anyaway :p .

Alicia Rocks
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:06 AM
:lol: Thata all mothers seem to do these days anyaway :p .

Or whinge about you not cleaning our room :rolleyes: :o :p

aussy89
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:10 AM
ooo soo tru lol ^ i think were goin of topic now lol

Alicia Rocks
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Meh :p

Mana
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Or whinge about you not cleaning our room :rolleyes: :o :p

Heard that one before too :rolleyes: :tape:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Heard that one before too :rolleyes: :tape:

I think every kid has :haha: :help:

Mana
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:56 AM
ooo soo tru lol ^ i think were goin of topic now lol

:lol:

miss_molik
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Anyone going to Sydney? Cause i'll definantly be there!

Alicia Rocks
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Not me :sad:

aussie_fan
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:27 AM
definately going first 2 days, and probably one or two more after depending on how the aussies go.

I will be going aroun and following all the aussies but the molik cheer squad sounds very interesting.

Mana
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:32 AM
definately going first 2 days, and probably one or two more after depending on how the aussies go.

I will be going aroun and following all the aussies but the molik cheer squad sounds very interesting.

Very intresting indeed!

I'm not going to Sydney :sad:....but I'm going to the ASB Classic 2007! Is anyone else? Coz they can bunk wif me :devil:

broncosven
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Anyone going to Sydney? Cause i'll definantly be there!

Sydney . . . I'll be there as per usual :wavey:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Very intresting indeed!

I'm not going to Sydney :sad:....but I'm going to the ASB Classic 2007! Is anyone else? Coz they can bunk wif me :devil:

You wish :p :angel:

Nah I'll be at my home tournie of Gold Coast that week :bounce:

jas_aussie
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:10 AM
yeah i'm hopefuly going to gold coast. I want to go to the aus open but school will start before it ends so i cant but i think it will be a Sam Stosur Alicia Molik final.

ozfan44
Jun 8th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Id be in this for sure!

at this stage 80% sure im going for all of qualies and 1st week!

aussy89
Jun 8th, 2006, 02:13 PM
i wont be going to syd or goldy but ill be here at the hopman cup before i fly over to melbs =)

Alicia Rocks
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Id be in this for sure!

:banana:

Mana
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Id be in this for sure!

Good news! :worship:

Mana
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:43 PM
You wish :p :angel:

Nah I'll be at my home tournie of Gold Coast that week :bounce:

:lol: :p ;)

Alicia Rocks
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:58 AM
If we have a cheer squad we need to have a name so let's think of one :p

Im not giving any name 'cause it would just be lame :tape:

Mana
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:14 AM
If we have a cheer squad we need to have a name so let's think of one :p

Im not giving any name 'cause it would just be lame :tape:

Alicia's Allstars?......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................sorry :tape:

miss_molik
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Sydney . . . I'll be there as per usual :wavey:
cool.

Alicia Rocks
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Alicia's Allstars?......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................sorry :tape:

:haha:

I seriously can't think of any :o

ohgollymissmolik
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Thinking of a name is a great idea... Also suggestions for t-shirts! I know someone who can print them cheaply but I need to organise it well in advance...

I'll get thinking of names/slogans/ideas...

Alicia Rocks
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Hey thats awesome mate :D

Mana
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Thinking of a name is a great idea... Also suggestions for t-shirts! I know someone who can print them cheaply but I need to organise it well in advance...

I'll get thinking of names/slogans/ideas...

Good news indeed!! And I'm thinking some sort of hat?? Somthing big!

Mana
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:10 AM
So just a show of hands, who accually is in the cheer squad so far?

I am!

ozfan44
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:17 AM
and me! as long as doesn't clash with any Dellacqua or Adamczak matches!

Alicia Rocks
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Definatly me :D

Mana
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:11 AM
and me! as long as doesn't clash with any Dellacqua or Adamczak matches!

:drool: :drool:

Mana
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Definatly me :D

:worship: :devil:

Mana
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:18 AM
So three of us can have a good time!!

ozfan44
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:32 AM
hope so :cool:

Mana
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:41 AM
hope so :cool:

know so, :lol: :lick:

nite everyone!!

aussy89
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:48 AM
me as long as it dont clash with any of my stosur matches =)

Alicia Rocks
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:37 AM
So three of us can have a good time!!

:rocker2: :cool:

Alicia Molik
Jun 18th, 2006, 12:10 AM
I'll be there for for my 1st ever Oz Open in 2007, my favourite of the GS events and of course it's Alicia's home slam. Me and my fiancee arrive in Melbourne on the 12th and leave on the 25th. We'll only be spending 2-3 days watching tennis as we're tourists (travelling from Scotland) and will spend most of our time seeing the sights and enjoying the weather hopefully.

I've been excited since we booked it and it's still 7 months away, cant wait though. :D

Alicia Rocks
Jun 18th, 2006, 12:48 AM
:woohoo: I can't wait either :D

ohgollymissmolik
Jun 18th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Ok, so far we have about 3 or 4 of us definately in our mini cheer squad. So, how about some real introductions... nothing like a happy get-to-know-you game!

I'm J, female, in my early 30's, live in Melb, work for a sport org, am obsessed with tennis, play twice a week at my local club, been a fan of Al's since about 2003, been to the US, Oz and French opens but not Wimbledon. Also a huge Martina fan and once embarrassed myself by painting my face with the Swiss flag to support her. I screwed up though and painted the red cross on my face, not the swiss flag. She thought it was hilarious and told me she knew where to go if she needed first aid!

Next person........

Mana
Jun 18th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Well hey everyone! I'm Jono, male, 18 years of age and live just out of Auckland, NZ. Have never been to a GS before, but am a regular visitor of the ASB Classic. Am a huge fan of the Kiwi girls, and Nadia Petrova. I'm not a huge fan of Molik's, so I'm really in the cheer squad for a good time. I'm the sort of person that is not shy, tells it like it is and will do anything for a laugh. My most recent exploit of this was when I streaked thru a club rugby match last Sunday. I'm an easy-going person who in one word, would describe myself as 'crazy'. Love life. Fav tennis moment was when I managed to get a kiss from Julia Schruff this year in Auckland.

P.S. Cant wait 'til the Open!!

Mana
Jun 18th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Ok, so far we have about 3 or 4 of us definately in our mini cheer squad. So, how about some real introductions... nothing like a happy get-to-know-you game!

I'm J, female, in my early 30's, live in Melb, work for a sport org, am obsessed with tennis, play twice a week at my local club, been a fan of Al's since about 2003, been to the US, Oz and French opens but not Wimbledon. Also a huge Martina fan and once embarrassed myself by painting my face with the Swiss flag to support her. I screwed up though and painted the red cross on my face, not the swiss flag. She thought it was hilarious and told me she knew where to go if she needed first aid!

Next person........

Hey J!:lol:
:wazzup: ?

Mana
Jun 18th, 2006, 03:18 AM
What about Moliks Muppets??

I think it sounds good....in a retarded kind of way...........if we have a name that is a little weird, then people will remember us better............any comments??:lol::lol::o

Alicia Rocks
Jun 18th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Im craig blah blah blah, im 16, I love Alicia 'nuf Said :p :lol:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 18th, 2006, 04:38 AM

I think it sounds good....in a retarded kind of way...........if we have a name that is a little weird, then people will remember us better............any comments??:lol::lol::o

Kinda wierd :o But definatly catchy and different ;) Best we have got so far :bounce:

What about Alicia's Allies :lol: :o

Mana
Jun 18th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Kinda wierd :o But definatly catchy and different ;) Best we have got so far :bounce:

What about Alicia's Allies :lol: :o

:lol: Cool!! Thats the best so far!! :worship:

ohgollymissmolik
Jun 19th, 2006, 05:58 AM

HAHAHA. I LOVE IT.

I can hear our theme song going something like this... to the tune of the muppet show ----

It's time to start the game
It's time to win the Open
It's time to meet Alicia on the Molik Show on court.

It's time to serve an ace
It's time to slam the opponent
It's time to win the match on the Molik Show on court.

Alicia is why we come here
We're here to help her win
It's like a kind of torture
When matches don't go just right

And now let's get things started
Why don't you get things started
It's time to get things started
On the most sensational inspirational celebrational Molik-tational
This is what we call the Molik Show

Mana
Jun 19th, 2006, 06:12 AM
HAHAHA. I LOVE IT.

I can hear our theme song going something like this... to the tune of the muppet show ----

It's time to start the game
It's time to win the Open
It's time to meet Alicia on the Molik Show on court.

It's time to serve an ace
It's time to slam the opponent
It's time to win the match on the Molik Show on court.

Alicia is why we come here
We're here to help her win
It's like a kind of torture
When matches don't go just right

And now let's get things started
Why don't you get things started
It's time to get things started
On the most sensational inspirational celebrational Molik-tational
This is what we call the Molik Show

Thats gold! :worship: :worship:

ohgollymissmolik
Jun 19th, 2006, 06:15 AM
hehe, yes I spend my working hours very wisely... making up songs to the tune of the muppet theme!!!

Mana
Jun 19th, 2006, 07:38 AM
hehe, yes I spend my working hours very wisely... making up songs to the tune of the muppet theme!!!

:lol::yeah:

aussie_fan
Jun 22nd, 2006, 03:02 PM
yeah, i might be in it, not sure yet. I'm defiantely going first few days for the outside courts, don't know if i could afford extra ticket if Molik is playing on RLA. Might have to get a job.

aussy89
Jun 23rd, 2006, 08:21 AM
aahah nice song . how much money u think well have to raise to get stuff made and done?

ohgollymissmolik
Jun 25th, 2006, 06:31 AM
We don't actually need to raise any money as such... As long as everyone covers their own costs for tickets to the open, then that's taken care of... If anyone is interested in buying RLA tickets - we should coordinate and try to get them together..

As for shirts - as long as I can get a minimum of 10 people to buy t-shirts, then they would work out to about $20 each (which includes cost of the shirt and screen printing). So, you'd just have to buy your own shirt off me!

Someone mentioned in an earlier post that you're part of Sammy's cheer squad -- is that the bunch who had all the pink shirts last year? If so, who do I talk to about us all joining forces?????

aussy89
Jun 25th, 2006, 07:24 AM
thats not bad pretty good really. um yeah its the group with the pink smash em sam shirts. um sam pretty much said to myself an one_beat that as were coming over to melb to see her play that we can join the girls in pink(smashymotos) an watch her play im not to sure who to speak to about them, i do no some of the girls from the group are at wimbel doing the same thing atm. but i wouldnt have a clue who to speak to about joining forces. i was jus gona ask sam closer to the date who to contact to get shirts and stuff =s

Mana
Jun 25th, 2006, 07:34 AM
:)

Alicia Rocks
Jun 25th, 2006, 08:12 AM
:d

Alicia Molik
Jun 26th, 2006, 11:15 PM
We don't actually need to raise any money as such... As long as everyone covers their own costs for tickets to the open, then that's taken care of... If anyone is interested in buying RLA tickets - we should coordinate and try to get them together..

As for shirts - as long as I can get a minimum of 10 people to buy t-shirts, then they would work out to about $20 each (which includes cost of the shirt and screen printing). So, you'd just have to buy your own shirt off me!

Someone mentioned in an earlier post that you're part of Sammy's cheer squad -- is that the bunch who had all the pink shirts last year? If so, who do I talk to about us all joining forces?????

I'll be lucky if I have any money left to buy any, it cost me and my missus a fortune to book our flights over from Scotland to Melbourne and we still need to find places to stay for 12 nights. I'll see what I can do though :)

Let me know when you are looking for money and i'll send it over for either 1 or 2 via Paypal if you have an account, otherwise it'll be snail mail :)

ohgollymissmolik
Jun 29th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I'll be lucky if I have any money left to buy any, it cost me and my missus a fortune to book our flights over from Scotland to Melbourne and we still need to find places to stay for 12 nights. I'll see what I can do though :)

Let me know when you are looking for money and i'll send it over for either 1 or 2 via Paypal if you have an account, otherwise it'll be snail mail :)

We'll sort something out for shirts closer to the Open. Anyone have any ideas for designs????

Mana
Jul 15th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Bump :p

Alicia Rocks
Jul 15th, 2006, 09:03 AM
I was thinking of this before as well! :lol:

Cage
Jul 15th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Early but hey what ever go molik :p

Mana
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:40 AM
bump (again)

aussy89
Sep 4th, 2006, 12:32 PM
how we goin guys with thoughts of designs and stuff, how many we got in the cheer squad now? man not long with ticket purchasing coming up soon woohoo were all on our way to aussy open 07. =)

ozfan44
Sep 5th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Something bright would be good!

NOT PINK! I refuse to wear pink :haha:

aussy89
Oct 7th, 2006, 03:06 PM
hey all thought id bump this again as tickets hav been purchassd jus woundering wat ppl hav bought and how many ppl r going as of yet?

Alicia Rocks
Oct 7th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Errm im just buying ground passes at the gate and maybe buy single sessions to RLA

aussie_fan
Oct 8th, 2006, 04:12 AM
will be just buying ground pass tickets for the first few days.

ozfan44
Oct 8th, 2006, 05:26 AM
im buying ground passes for first few days when they come on sale in december then will just buy the for the rest of the time when i get there!

Alicia Rocks
Oct 8th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Yeah Im thinking ill do the same ;) Cant wait to meet ya'll :bounce:

aussy89
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:41 PM
yeah shall be awsome cant wait not long now =)

Alicia Rocks
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:58 PM
97 days :D Well 98 if you are in WA :p