PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay....

Loughyunijen
May 29th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Hi guys....

I've been travelling for a good 9months and just got back home....

Could someone fill me in on Lindsay's current situation as I've heard nothing of her....and theres far too many threads to scroll through to get a snippet of what the hell she's been doing for the past 9months!

Thanks guys!

Andrew..
May 29th, 2006, 06:07 PM
So you missed everything from after the US Open?

Titles in Bali, Filderstadt and Zurich. Went 2-1 in YEC RR, losing to Sharapova in three sets. In semis, lost 7-6 7-6 to Pierce. Finished the year #1. At AO, lost in the QF in three sets to Henin; ranking fell to #3. Pulled out of Tokyo with ankle injury. In Dubai, lost in SF in three sets to Sharapova. Sustained back injury. In Indian Wells, lost 4r in three sets to Hingis. Withdrew from Miami, Amelia Island, Charleston, Istanbul and Roland Garros with back injury. Ranking down to #7.

mike/topgun
May 29th, 2006, 07:07 PM
At the begining of the year played HK exo (instead of Sydney) won2 matches Vs Venus and Nicole and lost to Kim in the final in str8.

Plus Lindsay changed her coach...t's not Peterson anymore. Now, it's DiLucia.

Loughyunijen
May 29th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Gosh.....Thanks guys! Much appreciated the info!

Looks like Lindsay is gonna have one of those years .....injury...injury...injury! Just my luck...especially as im off to the USO this year! Looks like Lindsay will be in the W.top 20 by then!

Go LIndsay....keep sacking off GS's.......to play tennis with Gwen's hubby!

mike/topgun
May 29th, 2006, 09:40 PM
LOL

Lindsayfan32
May 30th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Gosh.....Thanks guys! Much appreciated the info!

Looks like Lindsay is gonna have one of those years .....injury...injury...injury! Just my luck...especially as im off to the USO this year! Looks like Lindsay will be in the W.top 20 by then!

Keep the faith this is pretty much how Lindsay's 2004 season started and look how it ended. I just hope Lindsay pulled out of the french so she is fighting fit for another Winbledon ran and hopefully win it. I know Andrew will disagree with me on the first part of post.

mike/topgun
May 30th, 2006, 11:19 AM
this is pretty much how Lindsay's 2004 season started and look how it ended
well I can't agree with you Lindsayfan32...cos in 2004 Lindsay played really solid tennis, won in Tokyo and Amelia Island, had a final in Indian Wells lost to in-form Justine, lost a very close battle in QF of Aussie Open with JHH...matches bilans was 28-5 after RG...and in 2006 it's mere 8-3. And she was injury free...except a slight shoulder strain in Sydney and the knee issue in RG.

Andrew..
May 30th, 2006, 01:38 PM
well I can't agree with you Lindsayfan32...cos in 2004 Lindsay played really solid tennis, won in Tokyo and Amelia Island, had a final in Indian Wells lost to in-form Justine, lost a very close battle in QF of Aussie Open with JHH...matches bilans was 28-5 after RG...and in 2006 it's mere 8-3. And she was injury free...except a slight shoulder strain in Sydney and the knee issue in RG.
I agree. She wasn't an elite player for the first half of 2004, but she was a solid top ten, actually, a solid top five player. If she kept on having those results through the rest of the year, she wouldn't have been #1, but she'd be in the top five. This year, she'll be really lucky if she ends the season in the top ten, and she's not qualifying for Madrid. She's passed the quarterfinals in one event this season, and she's beaten two top twenty players - no top tens. You really can't compare the start of 2004 to the start of 2006...

mike/topgun
May 30th, 2006, 02:15 PM
She wasn't an elite player for the first half of 2004, but she was a solid top ten, actually, a solid top five player. If she kept on having those results through the rest of the year, she wouldn't have been #1, but she'd be in the top five.
True...but who did have major injuries in 2004...?
Answer: KC, JHH the Williamses...that was a natural way that things go when Lindsay took over the Russians, Mauresmo and Capriati in the second part of the year...
The breakthrough match Vs Venus in BWC gave Lindsay the confidence she needed, plus she was almost perfectly healthy for a few weeks, that was also why she won those 3 events in her beloved Cali and the Cincinnati little bonus. Then again after NY she didn't play that well:tape:
On the other hand, I'd even say that 2005 was Lindsays overall 4th best season on tour, just behind 1999, 1998, 2000...whereas 2004 was quite alike, but definitely better than 2001, and better than 1997.
However, I guess that 2002 and 2003 are the nightmares that still haunt Lindsay in her subconscience :mad: Maybe that's more the mental issue that you talk about all the time Andrew? It all started in 2000 final in NY,as we all remember, but it developed later to the point where there was a visible problem of being "owned" by some of the top players :tape:

Loughyunijen
May 30th, 2006, 02:21 PM
will Linday go to Madrid?

mike/topgun
May 30th, 2006, 02:34 PM
will Linday go to Madrid?

Who knows...she planned to play a "reduced schedule", but now it seems she knows that she'll have to work hard to play in YEC....presumably, if she gets fit she tries to make the best out of it, and hopefully it's gonna be enough to play in Madrid.

Loughyunijen
May 30th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Keep the faith this is pretty much how Lindsay's 2004 season started and look how it ended. I just hope Lindsay pulled out of the french so she is fighting fit for another Winbledon ran and hopefully win it. I know Andrew will disagree with me on the first part of post.

I really dont agree that Lindsay had that a successful 2004....fair enough she won 7 WTA tourneys, but she failed to deliver at the slams....Wimbledon 2004 SF and USO semi final were unbelievably shocking matches. Both of them seriously winable matches and she threw them both away. Maria should not have ben let back into that Wimby SF match. Dav was up something like 4-2 in the 2nd...and yet lost the tie breaker. And dont get me started on the 3-0 up in the third at USO to the one hit Russain metal mouth wonder!

Dav's best year on tour for a long time by far has been 2005...slams are what you are remembered for...and no one will ever forget the wimby final of 2005....even though for Dav it wasnt great.....for tennis fans as a whole-that was an unbelievable game of tennis. period.

So for 2006.....i thik its gonna be a case of dav plays wimby...LA.....USO and WTA Champs (if she makes it). But I think her injuries may be quite prolonged this year.

Only time will tell!