PDA

View Full Version : So.... who are we rooting for now Lindsay's not playing??

joaco
May 28th, 2006, 07:42 PM
There is no one like Lindsay, OBVIOUSLY.... but, who's the player you would like to see come out as a winner in RG ??

I personally would love to see Martina FINALLY winning the title, I would love to see her reaction. And if it is not Martina, then Amelie, I think it is time for her to win this title as well. They will both have to remain really tough mentally, but who knows??

what's your pick?

joaco

mike/topgun
May 28th, 2006, 08:23 PM
I don't really care for RG, while it's so open this year in means of that noone of the champs played solidly well before...well Nadia is currently the one to watch, but with her draw this time it'll be hard.
I'd love to see Martina, Venus or Masha win:) but it's unlikely to happen, so I guess, that JHH will get her hands on the trophy again this year.
Russians are strong as always, but I'd pick Safina who's a rising star, Kim has been inconsistent...Mauresmo with all her "psychological issues" etc...

The Daviator
May 28th, 2006, 10:36 PM
I'd like to see a new champion crowned, so I'm rooting for Petrova/Dementieva...

!<blocparty>!
May 28th, 2006, 11:01 PM
When Lindsay pulled out, my interest in the RG womens went from 0.3 to 0.1.

Tina doing well would be OK, I guess.

There's the mens that'll be a great tournament. Should be fun watching Rafa own again.

LethalLindsay
May 28th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Amelie All The Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew..
May 29th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Tina is the only decent player I care about on the WTA at this point, except for Lindsay.

It's really sad.

santhuruu
May 29th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Venus Williams!!!

dav abu
May 29th, 2006, 08:28 AM
I'm over here at the moment and having a ball, I want to see Amelie take the title ! After that Sveta or Nadia and I really hope Alicia can win a couple of matches. It would also be interesting to see Martina go far with the history she has at the tournament but I really hope it is Amelie, was in Chatrier for her first round match yesterday and the place was rocking if she won it R.G would come down!

Andrew..
May 29th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Venus Williams!!!
Oh, okay. Out.

Frederic
May 29th, 2006, 04:21 PM
:haha: :haha:

lindsayno1
May 29th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Kim i guess... or martina!

Maria is going home early...!

mike/topgun
May 29th, 2006, 06:11 PM
yeah Kim is in a *perfect* form :rolleys:
Martina...if it was all up to her magnificent tactics and technique...
well Venus keeps playing better and better with every match she plays, and Masha is going to be ready for Wimbledon, but still, even with lack of match practice she is a contender - for "the sweet 16":p

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Kim i guess.!

Out.

lindsayno1
May 29th, 2006, 07:03 PM
RG is crap this year....!

although i did enjoy seeing sharapova nearly lose yday and find it hillarious taht she blamed her bad form on the RG organisers...!

mike/topgun
May 29th, 2006, 08:59 PM
RG is crap this year....!

sure is..especially without Lindsay, Pierce.... and Serena:p

although i did enjoy seeing sharapova nearly lose yday and find it hillarious taht she blamed her bad form on the RG organisers...!

Just to be fair - she didn't blame her bad form on the FFT...She was disappointed, just Like Fedex, that she had to play on sunday...they both asked if they could play their 1st round matches on monday and the organisers said NO. Well, I guess, that if Roger had lost yesterday, he would have been very angry - at least that's what he said in the interview. Returning to Masha - in numerous interviews before the event started, she said, that she's not 100%, she's not prepared as she would like to be, but she is a competitor and she loves the game and that's why she's in Paris - actually that was what everyone saw in the match Vs Mashona. She complained about having to play her first match after a long layoff on the opening day of the tournament just 2 days after she had MRI on her ankle or foot - don't remember.
I don't get it - why are you all so anti-Sharapovish? She's a fighter, she plays agressive atractive to watch tennis and she's quite atractive...Some of her comments remind me of Lindsay's actually:p
Wait - maybe you are one of those who think she's a "nasty, cold bitch" etc.?

lindsayno1
May 29th, 2006, 09:07 PM
a day isnt going to make a difference...you are either fit or you aren't. Someone else at wimbledon requested the same thing and didnt get it.

she's quite atractive
yeah im a female....i dont really look at maria in that way.

mike/topgun
May 29th, 2006, 10:17 PM
a day isnt going to make a difference...you are either fit or you aren't. Someone else at wimbledon requested the same thing and didnt get it.

sure it won't make a BIG difference, but some of the other 1st round matches are held on tuesday;)

yeah im a female....i dont really look at maria in that way.

well that's normal, and, cos i'm a guy, i look at her also in a way i look at every (atractive) girl i see, but i must reassure you;), i like not only her appearance, but also her atractive game.
ok, but you can't say she's not atractive...and you won't fool me, cos i guess you women constantly comment other girls appearance...and not only that...and even my sister said Masha was "a nice looking GIRL - yeah for a 16 years old", still just slightly better looking than my ex;)
:wavey:

Andrew..
May 30th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Kim i guess
Bye.

Andrew..
May 30th, 2006, 02:04 AM
I don't get it - why are you all so anti-Sharapovish? She's a fighter, she plays agressive atractive to watch tennis and she's quite atractive...Some of her comments remind me of Lindsay's actually:p
Wait - maybe you are one of those who think she's a "nasty, cold bitch" etc.?
My main reason is that she's a total jackass on court. Her display in Miami was classy. Also, I just don't think she's that good. She's a completely one dimensional player, who gets way too much credit. I have a better net game than she does.

Andrew..
May 30th, 2006, 02:07 AM
ok, but you can't say she's not atractive...and you won't fool me, cos i guess you women constantly comment other girls appearance...and not only that...and even my sister said Masha was "a nice looking GIRL - yeah for a 16 years old", still just slightly better looking than my ex;)
Yeah. I can. Maria is not that pretty, especially without makeup. Her skin is awful, she's flat, she has amazon shoulder, and her face is nothing special anymore. When she was younger, she was cute, but she's really nothing extraordinary now. That's not why I don't like her though. I just hate her fans who perv over her 24/7.

Little Maria is ten times hotter, easily.

mike/topgun
May 30th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Little Maria is ten times hotter, easily.
well that's a fact:p
but I must admit i prefer more the 'girly' like women, than 'nasty' ones - it's a matter of taste and experience :angel:

And I didn't write that Masha was very atractive - I wrote she was "quite atractive"...
She's way too flat, but her legs are nice...she's blonde and she makes the look of a "cold bitch/call me" - it makes her look quite sexy, or say nasty;)and I know some tall chicks that would love to look more like Maria than Serena:p
She's a fighter, and she's a really ofensive player too, compared to i.e. Kim. That's why I like to watch her playing against Hingis - when she takes the control of the point, steps in and dictates the pace with her precisive groundies, plus her serve is a real model. You can dislike her, but you couldn't say she can't play tennis:tape:

Andrew..
May 30th, 2006, 12:39 PM
No, she's a very solid tennis player. But I think she's very overrated, and she is extremely one-dimensional.

And I agree, I hate Kim's game. It's probably the ugliest game of anyone in the top ten today.

mike/topgun
May 30th, 2006, 01:00 PM
And I agree, I hate Kim's game. It's probably the ugliest game of anyone in the top ten today.

Well, I guess, few years ago she didn't play as ugly as she does today.

No, she's a very solid tennis player. But I think she's very overrated, and she is extremely one-dimensional.

one-dimensional fits more to Kim, or Nicole...and she's perfect in what she does well

Andrew..
May 30th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Kim's game is hideous, but not one-dimensional. She moves, comes into net, and when she wants to, can add decent slices/spins to her game, in addition to her ability to hit with some pace. Nicole's game IS Maria's game. Hit as hard as you can. End. Both are a joke at net, they can't add any kind of slice or spins to their game, at least not effectively, and they are not good movers.

mike/topgun
May 30th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Kim's game is hideous, but not one-dimensional. She moves, comes into net, and when she wants to, can add decent slices/spins to her game, in addition to her ability to hit with some pace
That's right, but how often do you see Kim changing pace, or spins when she's not being forced to do so, namely by being forced to defend herself?
What I meant bout Maria was more that she can change directions of the ball, she's got a decent technique - noone will play like Hingis anyway:( - well that's not enough, so I guess you're right.

Lindsayfan32
May 30th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Alicia, Amelie and Kim. I hope Alicia can win a few rounds but even when she was near the top of her game clay wasn't her best surface. I'm not a big fan of the french when Lindsay's playing in it as I can't watch in Australia unless you have pay tv. Which I don't

GrandSlam05
May 30th, 2006, 09:28 PM
I'll be rooting for Martina to win. And if she doesn't make it, I'll be screaming "Allez!", if that tells you anything. It's kind of a pity Justine can't play Kim in the final. Nothing's better than seeing a Kimmie Meltdown (tm) when she plays Jusitne and seeing those forehands fly all over the stadium.
But since this cannot be, I'd like to see Justine or Martina give Queen Vee a royal claycourt beatdown in the final.

The Daviator
May 31st, 2006, 12:56 AM
:lol: at the hate for Kimmie...

Well Petrova is out :o Elena D will likely follow her :o I guess I'd like to see Justine win in that case...

LindsayRulz
May 31st, 2006, 01:06 AM
I'll be rooting for Christine and Tina :)

lindsayno1
May 31st, 2006, 08:27 AM
No! Not Christine!!!

Andrew..
May 31st, 2006, 02:41 PM
:lol: at the hate for Kimmie...
Excuse yourself. It's Saint Kim now.

Kimmi
Jun 1st, 2006, 02:04 PM
Amelie.

If not Amelie then Martina.

If not Martina then.....um...Justine?

GrandSlam05
Jun 1st, 2006, 03:24 PM
Kim is not as one dimensional, but unlike Maria, there is not really a single thing that Kim does REALLY well, except run. That's why even though she has more variety, I'd probably rather watch Maria over Kim just for her quality.
Andrew... is really a closet Kim fan. :p

Ty-Ty
Jun 1st, 2006, 07:43 PM
Whoever wins Momo and Jankovic is who I'm rooting for.

And I KINDA want Tina to do well. Just KIDNA.

tennisboi
Jun 1st, 2006, 11:16 PM
I want Amelie to win RG cause if she did the place would come down

RayRob
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Martina is the one I'm rooting for. :woohoo:

I was always in cookoo land hoping Lindsay would get a career slam, but in reality that was never a possibility...so, I really don't mind Martina getting it :yeah:

-Rache

mike/topgun
Jun 5th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Vee Vs Tina in de finale du Roland Garros:)

GrandSlam05
Jun 5th, 2006, 06:55 PM
If only Martina had been in the other half of the draw it would've been so much easier for her to get to the final. :sad:
I really would like to see her beat Kim. I won't cry if Justine beats her, but if Kim does, yuck.

GrandSlam05
Jun 6th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Please Justine, kill Kim.

mike/topgun
Jun 6th, 2006, 06:49 PM
please Nicole, kill Sveta:p

mc8114
Jun 7th, 2006, 12:55 PM
A kim vs nicole final would be good

Andrew..
Jun 7th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Out.

GrandSlam05
Jun 7th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I *kind of* like Vaidisova, but I feel her game style would set her up to get clobbered by either Belgium on clay, esp. in her first GS final.
I think the most interesting final would be Justine and Sveta (think back to their R16 match last year), IMO they are the two best clay courters of the remaining four, well the 2 best overall players left period.

MH0861
Jun 7th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I *kind of* like Vaidisova, but I feel her game style would set her up to get clobbered by either Belgium on clay, esp. in her first GS final.
I think the most interesting final would be Justine and Sveta (think back to their R16 match last year), IMO they are the two best clay courters of the remaining four, well the 2 best overall players left period.

I think Vaidisova would do just as well as Pierce did against the Belgians in slam finals in this final. I think a Kuznetsova/Henin-Hardenne final would be the most appealing.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 7th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I think I'd like Sveta to win. Then Nicole. Kim must NOT win. She needs to retire with one bullshit slam.

Sadly, I think Justine will win. But, I kind of have some respect for her and admire that she doesn't give two fucks about her critics. She's going to do what the hell she likes.

mike/topgun
Jun 7th, 2006, 04:07 PM
don't want Sveta or Kim to win the dirt open...so should be Nicole Vs JuJu, with HH winning 6-1, 6-1.

The Daviator
Jun 7th, 2006, 04:13 PM
I'd like to see a Sveta-JH-H final, I wouldn't mind who wins that one, I don't want Kim to win and I definitely don't want that Czech bitch to win :o

joaco
Jun 7th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I'd rather see Vaidisova win than any of the other three. I don't think she will anyhow. I believe Justine will beat Kim and then beat whoever in the final. Sad, but true

dav abu
Jun 7th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Just wondering why ye don't like Kim and Nicole? Of the ladies left I don't mind who wins but it would be nice for Sveta.

GrandSlam05
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Just wondering why ye don't like Kim and Nicole? Of the ladies left I don't mind who wins but it would be nice for Sveta.
I don't hate Nicole. I think she has potential, but she shouldn't be able to win a GS yet IMO. It kinda makes the tour look bad. But I applaud her for taking out ChokoMomo and a big round of applause for giving the boot to Richard-in-Drag aka The Screaming Lion.
I won't lie about this one, I hate Kim. Her game is ugly, her personality is boring and fake, and her skin and hair make me cringe. It makes me barf to see a player like her beat Lindsay.

LindsayRulz
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:27 PM
I think the most interesting final would be Justine and Sveta (think back to their R16 match last year).

I agree. With Svetlana winning.

mike/topgun
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:32 PM
It's sad that JHH will win another GS...she deserves it, but hey atm there aren't many players who could make life harder for her...no threat from WS, Davenport, Pierce, Sharapova, Clijsters etc.
In 2004 the state of womens game went down - 17 year old won Wimbledon, player without serve was twice a finalist and "one hit wonder" Kuznetsova won USO after beating injured Lindsay. Last year was more competitve, but 2006 begun with Aussie Open and now this shit we watch going on in Paris. Mauresmo as a GS champ with 2 of her biggest rivals retiring, now 17 year old starlet is making a breakthrough...Then if only Martina could win Wimbledon after 3 years off it would look just hilarious.:p

dav abu
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:46 PM
I agree completely mike/topgun. Very honest answer GrandSlam 05 about Kim, I'd a good laugh at the description of Richard in drag aka the screaming lion :lol:

Ty-Ty
Jun 8th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Kim, lesser of the four evils.

Andrew..
Jun 8th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Martina isn't going to win a slam this year. Next year, I wouldn't be suprised to see her at #1.

mike/topgun
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Martina isn't going to win a slam this year. Next year, I wouldn't be suprised to see her at #1.
wow that's an extraordinary discovery:p
no m thinks that if Kim beats JuJu Lindsay will jump ahead of JHH?well. if i'm rght then so be it!

Andrew..
Jun 8th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Yes, Lindsay passes Justine if she loses today in the semis. But who cares? It still means a 5-8 seed at Wimbly. And after Wimbledon, Lindsay probably falls out of the top ten. Whatever.

Ty-Ty
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
But she has nothing to defend on the Cali hardcourts.

mike/topgun
Jun 8th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Do you really think, Andrew, that Lindsay is going to come back with new strenghts, and a visoin of grand slam succes?
Personally I doubt it and Nicole lost, so JHH virtualy has got her hands on her 3rd RG title trophy already. And I doubt that 2000 or 2001 Wimbledon will repeat, cos Lindsay was physically a different player back then. Should take care of the old tapes after exams...seriously, for real.

true...but there is not mauch to gain 300 + 195x2= 690pts. if she wins them all, and then 195 to defend in NH. Still there are no news bout Lindsay's injury, she's 30 today, so let's wish her "no-regrets" PAR-TY :cool:

Andrew..
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:26 PM
She has New Haven. Not a California hardcourt, but it's still points. And I doubt she even shows up there.

Lindsay is #7 now. Sveta passed her (LOL). She'll probably be like 10 after Wimbledon. She could probably move back up to, like, 7, by the time New Haven comes around. So, that gets us a top 8 seed at the US Open. New Haven points off, puts her around 9. Should make USO quarters. Then the fun comes, when we get another case of the "flu", and the ranking tanks. But, that's after we're well enough to fly to Bali, to win some Mickey Mouse tournament and sit on the beach with Gwen or something.

Lindsay is going down the Anna route. Recurring back "injury". Pulling out of tournaments constantly, then seen hanging out with celebs. She's too cool for school now. Next, there will be pictures of Lindsay on a beach, "training" for a comeback, with Gwen and her new poodle at her side. Sigh.

The Daviator
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:57 PM
She has New Haven. Not a California hardcourt, but it's still points. And I doubt she even shows up there.

Lindsay is #7 now. Sveta passed her (LOL). She'll probably be like 10 after Wimbledon. She could probably move back up to, like, 7, by the time New Haven comes around. So, that gets us a top 8 seed at the US Open. New Haven points off, puts her around 9. Should make USO quarters. Then the fun comes, when we get another case of the "flu", and the ranking tanks. But, that's after we're well enough to fly to Bali, to win some Mickey Mouse tournament and sit on the beach with Gwen or something.

Lindsay is going down the Anna route. Recurring back "injury". Pulling out of tournaments constantly, then seen hanging out with celebs. She's too cool for school now. Next, there will be pictures of Lindsay on a beach, "training" for a comeback, with Gwen and her new poodle at her side. Sigh.

Way to think positively :yeah:

Believe it or not, there's just 265 pts between Lindsay and the #3 ranking, when you think about how much Kim has to defend over the summer and how she is playing, it's possible, with a good Wimbledon (even if that's looking unlikely :( ) that she'll get back to three for the US Open, maybe not likely, but possible...

Also, I really don't think she should be compared to Kournikova, so she has one celeb friend, it's not as if we'll be seeing her at Grammy after-show parties, now will we ;)

Btw, happy 30th to Linds :bounce: Be back for the big W!

Ty-Ty
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:01 PM

Honestly, I think she just needed a few months off. To miss the clay season is fine by me. Better than missing the California hardcourt season again.

She's said a bagzillion and one times how restless she gets at home and how bored she gets. I'm sure all her beloved celebrity friends will leaver her for THEIR job, she'll realize she's rotting away at home, fix her "injury", and come back for Wimbledon. Maybe in time to have a chance to fix her ranking.

I just want her to play again. :sad:

Andrew..
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Way to think positively :yeah:

Believe it or not, there's just 265 pts between Lindsay and the #3 ranking, when you think about how much Kim has to defend over the summer and how she is playing, it's possible, with a good Wimbledon (even if that's looking unlikely :( ) that she'll get back to three for the US Open, maybe not likely, but possible...

Also, I really don't think she should be compared to Kournikova, so she has one celeb friend, it's not as if we'll be seeing her at Grammy after-show parties, now will we ;)

Btw, happy 30th to Linds :bounce: Be back for the big W!
Then, Lindsay has 492 points to defend at Wimbledon. 492 + 265 = 757. I'm sure she'll be making that leap.

I'm not being positive or negative. I'm being realistic.

Andrew..
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Honestly, I think she just needed a few months off. To miss the clay season is fine by me. Better than missing the California hardcourt season again.

She's said a bagzillion and one times how restless she gets at home and how bored she gets. I'm sure all her beloved celebrity friends will leaver her for THEIR job, she'll realize she's rotting away at home, fix her "injury", and come back for Wimbledon. Maybe in time to have a chance to fix her ranking.

I just want her to play again. :sad:
Why would one need months off when they've competed in three tournaments in three months.

That's how Bovina felt, so she quit.

mike/topgun
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:43 PM
That's how Bovina felt, so she quit.
what?
now did Lena quit?

Andrew..
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:51 PM
That's what I think. She was getting raped by her coach, she constantly got injured, and she hated life on tour. She made her millions, she really had no reason to keep playing...

lindsayno1
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:49 PM
RG is a frigging joke this year! Well it was last year too, but there u go.. Kuzzy in the final... I lost interest when Martina lost! And for the guys, skip to the final already - we all know its gonna be federer and nadal

mike/topgun
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:58 PM
She was getting raped by her coach, she constantly got injured, and she hated life on tour.
where did you found these infos?
she was such a good player, fun to watch, really nice girl...and she was just making a great impact on the tour when she got injured...
i'd like her to come back, but if those things are true, then there's a high possibility that she won't, and i'm sure she's got plenty of really interesting things to do, like studies f.e.

Andrew..
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:02 PM
There was an article about him abusing many players whom he coached. It came out about three months ago.

mike/topgun
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:15 PM
There was an article about him abusing many players whom he coached. It came out about three months ago.
man... things happen, but that's just a no comment

Elldee
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Lordddddddddd. Negativity abounds.

I think Lindsay can win Wimbledon :D

Andrew..
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:04 PM
That's nice.