PDA

View Full Version : Maria Sharapova def. Mashona Washington 6-2 5-7 7-5

BUBI
May 28th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Amazing win :lol:

Mashona...:bigcry::bigcry::bigry:

Langers
May 28th, 2006, 06:38 PM
What an incredibly gutsy performance from Sharapova. She was down 2-5 and three match points, only to comeback and steal victory from the jaws of defeat. That is why she is a champion that is why she commands respect. Well done Maria, gutsy win despite being restricted and starring down the barrel of defeat.

Reiken
May 28th, 2006, 06:38 PM
phew! that was close. all i can say is heart of a champion. well done masha!

BUBI
May 28th, 2006, 06:39 PM
What an incredibly gutsy performance from Sharapova. She was down 2-5 and three match points, only to comeback and steal victory from the jaws of defeat. That is why she is a champion that is why she commands respect. Well done Maria, gutsy win despite being restricted and starring down the barrel of defeat.
Too bad for Mashona. It was so close :sad:

Smoothie
May 28th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I am just so happy that Maria won. The annoying danish commentator on Eurosport kept rooting for Washington throughout the match, and sounded so disappointed when she lost.

BUBI
May 28th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I thougt Yuri was going to have a heart attack :tape:

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 06:41 PM
All im gonna say after all that is :)!!!!

Erdinger
May 28th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Umpf, the last hour was nerve-wrecking for a Maria fan. :eek:

Well done, Maria! :bounce:

bellascarlett
May 28th, 2006, 06:42 PM
OMG MASHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bigclap: :woohoo: :worship:

I thought it was all over at 2-5 in the third...broke for 4-5...then the sb breaks down and this site's server was breaking down on me as well....

whaddya know... miss fighter still won the match! :bowdown:

great fighting masha! I'm so proud of you!!! but please withdraw if you feel uncomfortable with your ankle...not worth it really....oh god im so happy. just hope she didnt aggravate anything. ugh i love maria's fighting spirit! :D

mashona...:hug: nice try...

now federer needs to go away from my tv screen. i want the sharapova match!!! :fiery:

nhissan
May 28th, 2006, 06:43 PM
she won because Mashona shocks that's it

bellascarlett
May 28th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I thougt Yuri was going to have a heart attack :tape:

would love to see that....:rolls:

must have been so happy after....

BUBI
May 28th, 2006, 06:45 PM
she won because Mashona shocks that's it
She did shock but in the end she sucked :(

drake3781
May 28th, 2006, 07:08 PM
so is the ankle a problem or not?

butch
May 28th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I saw Maria practice this morning and she looked a bit like someone who was coming back from injury.. didn't seem like she had the consistency when rallying that clay demands of you. At the same time I'm a bit surprised by the score and that she was MP down. Good fight though Maria!!

drake3781
May 28th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I saw Maria practice this morning and she looked a bit like someone who was coming back from injury.. didn't seem like she had the consistency when rallying that clay demands of you. At the same time I'm a bit surprised by the score and that she was MP down. Good fight though Maria!!

Yes, surprising vs. Washington. Did you get to see her play?

Veeko
May 29th, 2006, 05:43 AM
when she won,her face seem a little strange,i have never seen her like this,maybe she is so surprised,but well done,maria
Good luck

FedExpress
May 29th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Great match from both players. I'm happy that Maria could win this match altough she's injured. Well done and congrats :yeah:

ey7662
May 29th, 2006, 11:18 AM
good luck to maria