PDA

View Full Version : Maria's come on - again

borisy
May 28th, 2006, 05:57 PM
3rd set 1-1 30-30, Washington serves, Maria returns to the middle of the court, nothing difficult and Washington hits a horrible forehand to the net and Maria screams come on!

:rolleyes:

Sagittarius
May 28th, 2006, 05:59 PM
ROTFL. T-Y-P-I-C-A-L. Watching her play is painful, both in the audio and psychological sense.

The_Pov
May 28th, 2006, 05:59 PM
C'MON Maria!!!!

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Yeah sort of reminds me how Washington won and reacted to the 2nd set!

Tennisballova
May 28th, 2006, 06:00 PM
yeah, but it's a great match so far.

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 06:04 PM
for christ's sake, she's out their fighting with an injury.

FrenchY52
May 28th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Borisy we all know Maria is not fair play at all so you don't learn us anything new

Shoulderpova
May 28th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Come on Maria! :)

SAEKeithSerena
May 28th, 2006, 07:00 PM
well good for maria hahahaha:) who the fuck cares, go maria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

furrykitten
May 28th, 2006, 07:00 PM
I sense some very disappointed bitter and jealous people tonight, Maria won with a bad injury, enjoy it!

jacobruiz
May 28th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Haters are so pathetic!:lol:

Great fight Maria! That's why I'm such a fan, this girl has heart!!:bounce:

LefandePatty
May 28th, 2006, 07:03 PM
oh yeah I officially DISLIKE Sharapova. Shouting a "come on" on a DF :retard:

what a b**** !

I hate her

Maria Croft
May 28th, 2006, 07:04 PM
She was fighting her heart out, of course you celebrate every point you get, but I wouldn't expect haters to understand that anyway

Si_Hi
May 28th, 2006, 07:05 PM
C'mon!!!!
she won the match~
so who cares?

Craigy
May 28th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Yeah sort of reminds me how Washington won and reacted to the 2nd set!
That was different...

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I just find it find Borisy didnt comment on Mashona doing exactly the same thing but with a fist clench after she won the 2nd set with a top of the net shot which Maria did (hit top of the net taking momentum out of ball so they cant reach it) before and apologised for it :confused:

Viktymise
May 28th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I sense some very disappointed bitter and jealous people tonight, Maria won with a bad injury, enjoy it!
She moved pretty well for a bad injury, it wasnt that serious even the commentators were saying it and mashona deserved to win she played better, she hit more winners she just couldnt handle the pressure, she is gonna be feeling horrible no doubt over it but she played some brilliant shots at times and should be proud of her performance but Sharapova's cmon's on Washingtons's errors and Df's were just innapropriate, there is no need for it, yes do it when you have hit a brilliant winner or winning a long rally but when its clearly a mistake from your opponent just get on with it and just have a positive attitude about it plus Mashona can be allowed to fist pump after winning the set she fought hard for the set and played some great tennis in that game it was hardly some random point in the middle of the 1st set

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 07:09 PM
^^ I think its hillarious when people complain about come ons especially what Mashona did before Marias come on read my other post

ys
May 28th, 2006, 07:09 PM
oh yeah I officially DISLIKE Sharapova. Shouting a "come on" on a DF :retard:

what a b**** !

I hate her

I'd like to see your emotions when your opponent DFs at 5:5 in the third set rigth after you came back from 2:5..

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 07:10 PM
That was different...

Not at all

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Come on now, how long have we been watching Sharapova? This is nothing new, she wears her heart on her sleeve...makes it exciting.

Maria Croft
May 28th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Come on now, how long have we been watching Sharapova? This is nothing new, she wears her heart on her sleeve...makes it exciting.

yeah, do they really need to make a thread every time she does this?

They should just make one and keep bumping it up every time she does it :lol:

furrykitten
I don't care if Maria shouts "come on" on her opponents errors, most players do it, I just want her to win!

jacobruiz
People just have to find something to criticize. Maria was down match points 2 - 5 and fought back, winnig 5 straight games. Damn right she's going to pump her fist!:bounce:

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 07:14 PM
This is really sad plain and simple. All this crying.

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I don't care if Maria shouts "come on" on her opponents errors, most players do it, I just want her to win!

You don't mind as long as she's not losing and other players does against her. I see, but anyway.

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Borisy we all know Maria is not fair play at all so you don't learn us anything new
what does saying "come on" have to do with fairness?

jacobruiz
May 28th, 2006, 07:18 PM
You don't mind as long as she's not losing and other players does against her. I see, but anyway.

:retard:

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 07:19 PM
She moved pretty well for a bad injury, it wasnt that serious even the commentators were saying it and mashona deserved to win she played better, she hit more winners she just couldnt handle the pressure, she is gonna be feeling horrible no doubt over it but she played some brilliant shots at times and should be proud of her performance but Sharapova's cmon's on Washingtons's errors and Df's were just innapropriate, there is no need for it, yes do it when you have hit a brilliant winner or winning a long rally but when its clearly a mistake from your opponent just get on with it and just have a positive attitude about it plus Mashona can be allowed to fist pump after winning the set she fought hard for the set and played some great tennis in that game it was hardly some random point in the middle of the 1st set
you contradict yourself. you talk about how maria was moving well, just fine, and then you use mashona's winners (balls maria doesn't chase or touch) as an example of why she should have won. :retard:

crazillo
May 28th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I didn't like that come on after the DF either, but the come on at 1-1 is not so bad I think. But on a DF you should show respect and not cheer yourself on. A come on is meant to encourage yourself after a great point and not to cheer on an opponent's mistake. Just my view though...

TenNick
May 28th, 2006, 07:20 PM
If you guys ever watched table tennis, the shouting shouldn't be new. I mean, the table tennis players shout as if they won the match on every point they win, whether it's a double fault or not.

SAEKeithSerena
May 28th, 2006, 07:20 PM

Amen! go maria!!!:cool:

SzavayFi
May 28th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Now that is jus f**king bang out of order! you criticise her for showing the right emotions then you go and say that maybe you should think about that for a while you sick bastard
Ok maybe I overreacted :p I was all hyped up that Mashona was gonna pull the upset though :(

furrykitten
May 28th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Ok maybe I overreacted :p I was all hyped up that Mashona was gonna pull the upset though :(

Only a sick individual says things like that :sad:

Louis Cyphre
May 28th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Why :confused: It`s so easy to hate especially if you are angry to the world coz you dont achive nothing :drool:

SzavayFi
May 28th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Only a sick individual says things like that :sad:
I didnt mean it......its a figure of speech :angel:

jacobruiz
May 28th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I didn't like that come on after the DF either, but the come on at 1-1 is not so bad I think. But on a DF you should show respect and not cheer yourself on. A come on is meant to encourage yourself after a great point and not to cheer on an opponent's mistake. Just my view though...

What's wrong with cheering yourself on after you saved matchpoints and came back from 2 -5 to even the score at 5 all? Maria wasn't shaking her fist in Mashona's face - people need to get real here.:rolleyes:

Maria Croft
May 28th, 2006, 07:26 PM

But you see, for Maria it's not yeah, my opponent made an error, she looks at it like it's a chance for her, that's why she does the fist pump, so it really is for herself

SAEKeithSerena
May 28th, 2006, 07:30 PM
she's not doing it to annoy her opponents. she is doing it to fire herself up, and there is nothing wrong with that. GO MARIA!!!!!!!!

manu32
May 28th, 2006, 07:35 PM
mashona is 30, and today she got a lot of fans.....that's ridiculous...some people on this board are haters or .......

bellascarlett
May 28th, 2006, 07:37 PM
yeah, do they really need to make a thread every time she does this?

Apparently they do...:rolls:...and I agree bumping would save them their much needed energy....

FrenchY52
May 28th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Masha is the NEXT Martina Hingis for the RG crowd .. I can't wait to see Yuri's face when His daughter will be booed by all the Center .. :fiery:

bellascarlett
May 28th, 2006, 07:39 PM
what does saying "come on" have to do with fairness?

Exactly...:o....

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 07:39 PM
None of the players care about booing though because they dont wanna be affected by low lifes that thing they have the right to boo, especially seeing as theyve paid their wages and waited for ages to see them play, so who really is the loser in that predicament?

furrykitten
May 28th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Masha is the NEXT Martina Hingis for the RG crowd .. I can't wait to see Yuri's face when His daughter will be booed by all the Center .. :fiery:

:lol: :awww: Was you hoping maria would lose earlier? :wavey: :bounce:

jacobruiz
May 28th, 2006, 07:44 PM

Just a tad bitter, aren't ya?:lol:

SAEKeithSerena
May 28th, 2006, 07:45 PM
i love how this is getting so many replies. give the girl a fucking break, she's pumping herself up, not trying to hurt anyone else.

TennizFan
May 28th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Thank you Maria, firstly for your fighting spirit and secondly, you made some posters cry all over the board. Just awesome...

Edward.
May 28th, 2006, 08:28 PM
The guy supporting Mashona in the crowd was cheering all of Marias errors too.

DAT BASTARD!

SAEKeithSerena
May 28th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Thank you Maria, firstly for your fighting spirit and secondly, you made some posters cry all over the board. Just awesome...

:lol: :worship: :worship:

Craigy
May 28th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Not at all
Yes. Winning a set is different from just 1 point...

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Yes. Winning a set is different from just 1 point...

1 point could change the course of that set

perseus2006
May 28th, 2006, 08:52 PM

You see, crazillo, an opponent's mistakes are usually forced. A double fault is always forced. Tennis is not all about scrapping the fuzz off the ball. There is a strategy to it. If your opponent is getting tight, nervous, a bad spell, then on their serve you should appear to be more aggressive, perhaps crowd in a little, deliver the "death glare", balance on your toes, smile knowingly and so forth. Forcing your opponent to double fault is an art form. The very best practitioners of the art are Serena and JHH.

Hopefully this explanation will give you an understanding why Pova gets so excited when she gets the double fault. If you get to watch the match, watch how Mashona also suckers Pova into a few DF's. It's an exciting part of the game.

Reuchlin
May 28th, 2006, 08:55 PM
For those who have never played...1-1 in the 3rd set can really set the tone for the rest of the match-- Maria's "come- on" is thus justified. GO MARIA!

Ramsey
May 28th, 2006, 09:00 PM
That was different...

:retard:

Viktymise
May 28th, 2006, 10:08 PM
you contradict yourself. you talk about how maria was moving well, just fine, and then you use mashona's winners (balls maria doesn't chase or touch) as an example of why she should have won. :retard:
What are you talking about Maria moved suprisingly well for someone who was hoping a miracle was going to happen to her anke, even the commentators were saying it, yes Well done to maria for the great fight but it was Mashona's match for the taking she played her best and hit some amazing shots which would have left a fully fit sharapova reeling, stop trying to make out the only reason it was close was because maria was injured, mashona played great

Viktymise
May 28th, 2006, 10:10 PM
The guy supporting Mashona in the crowd was cheering all of Marias errors too.

DAT BASTARD!
OMG as if yuri has never gone a bit overboard with his cheering for maria

Andy.
May 28th, 2006, 10:12 PM
If only some players had half the fight she had.

bis2806
May 28th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Maria always acts as though she has conquered the world with her "come on"s when her opponent makes a mistake :rolleyes: Grow up.

Edward.
May 28th, 2006, 10:34 PM
OMG as if yuri has never gone a bit overboard with his cheering for maria

You clearly missed the point of my post.

But I can't say I'm surprised by that. :)

borisy
May 28th, 2006, 10:46 PM
This is really sad plain and simple. All this crying.

This thread was created before the match was over...

I didn't see Mashona's come on. If that's true, it's sad too. I don't complain about come ons after making a good shot but after your opponent's simple mistake is bad taste. There are not many players who do this. Hewitt of course and sometimes Justine.

Viktymise
May 28th, 2006, 11:33 PM

But I can't say I'm surprised by that. :)
Whats that supposed to mean

~CANUCK~
May 28th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Some of you people kill me. If the match was 6-0 5-0 and she hit a df and masha did her come on, i can see that as being far to much. But in a tight might all bets are off. Serena and masha both do a come on after someone makes an error i can see why. They probably don't look at it as an UE but as i made them make that mistake so "go me". In a tight match i can see players thinking completely different, mashona hits an df when she has been playing out of her mind, and in masha's head she is probably thinking, good im finally getting to her, I'm making her go for to much now. I agree that there are times when come ons are just not called for, but in this situation haters are just grasping to find something to go off on. They probably had 30 threads ready to go about masha losing and had to delete them, so this is the best they could find to hate on.

denisgiann
May 28th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Iam not bothered at all by all those come ons and gestures.The person who does them expresses his or her feelings at the moment and thats not only alright but is also healthy.he or she doesnt offend the opponent but phyches himself up and i think its fine.I prefer that to a hypocritic solid face with no gestures any day.

tennisluver99
May 28th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Borisy the Boring Bellyacher

She had just come back from 5-2 down, give her a break.

(God I can't believe I'm defending Sharapova :p )

No Name Face
May 28th, 2006, 11:59 PM
she's arrogant and whatever, but it's not surprising.

bellascarlett
May 29th, 2006, 12:41 AM
I agree that there are times when come ons are just not called for, but in this situation haters are just grasping to find something to go off on. They probably had 30 threads ready to go about masha losing and had to delete them, so this is the best they could find to hate on.

OH OH OH Im sure they did have those threads all ready to go and I could so envision some ppl having already salivated at the thought of being among the first to post them....:tape:...masha is such a tease...:rolls:....

Dan23
May 29th, 2006, 12:48 AM

But I can't say I'm surprised by that. :):lol:

hilarious thread

Andy.
May 29th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Its her way of pumping herself up and keeping herself in it. She has a phenominal attitude and focus on court that in unmatched, people diss her for being one of the best compeditors out there but i would take her passion and fire any day. She is awesome to watch she has so much intensity.

UDACHi
May 29th, 2006, 01:15 AM
COME ON!!!!

The_Pov
May 29th, 2006, 01:22 AM
OH OH OH Im sure they did have those threads all ready to go and I could so envision some ppl having already salivated at the thought of being among the first to post them....:tape:...masha is such a tease...:rolls:....

I think the hate for her will have grown after winning because she stole the perfect oportunity for the haters to bash her.

Jum_p_Over
May 29th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Haters think that the come-on's are annoying, fans think its to pump herself up... Are we really getting anywhere? :rolleyes: