PDA

View Full Version : Maria's injury looks almost as serious as Kim's.

Andrew..
May 28th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Poor girl. :(

Knizzle
May 28th, 2006, 05:22 PM
:tape:

As if we didn't know.

morningglory
May 28th, 2006, 05:22 PM
sarcasm? :confused: Kim only has a "light" injury?!

LostGlory
May 28th, 2006, 05:23 PM
lol...I dont think there is an injury she is playing out of her mind and chasing the balls very well....

xin_hui
May 28th, 2006, 05:24 PM
sarcasm? :confused: Kim only has a "light" injury?!

wait, i need to clarify: kim herself NEVER said she was injured. some idiot latched on to her convo with an official

Summer Snow
:rolleyes: attention seeker! (refering to Sharapova) :(

TF Chipmunk
Actually, Mashona's just not playing well enough to exploit Maria's injury :rolleyes:

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Actually, Mashona's just not playing well enough to exploit Maria's injury :rolleyes:
Are you even watching!?! :rolleyes:

morningglory
May 28th, 2006, 05:25 PM
wait, i need to clarify: kim herself NEVER said she was injured. some idiot latched on to her convo with an official
oh. I see now... ;)

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 05:28 PM
haha, im happy either way. let's keep in mind maria's playing mashona washington. her stats look good, solid, so i'm hopeful for her health.

venusfan
May 28th, 2006, 05:28 PM
I'm actually watching the match now and I must say sharapova injury looks really serious. She's able to chase down almost all the balls and her scream is as loud and annoying as ever.

Jenny.C.Fan
May 28th, 2006, 05:29 PM
:lol:

hablo
May 28th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah, maria is moving quite well and is able to reach drop shots very easily :lol:

I don't know what this msharafan kept yapping about :tape:

xin_hui
May 28th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah, maria is moving quite well and is able to reach drop shots very easily :lol:

msharafan :tape:

Harju.
May 28th, 2006, 05:32 PM
msharafan :tape:
pierce40598547 :tape:

Martyś
May 28th, 2006, 05:33 PM

:p

VivalaSeles
May 28th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I'm sure RG organizers are really, really sorry they were not able to give Maria the delayed start she wanted ;) ;)

venusfan
May 28th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Well I can say Mashona is really garbage.. For every winner she hits in return she hits about 10 unforce errors long.

The_Pov
May 28th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Well I can say Mashona is really garbage.. For every winner she hits in return she hits about 10 unforce errors long.

Oh you haters make me laugh.

Marcell
May 28th, 2006, 05:38 PM
What is wrong with ESPN? Why are they showing a tape delayed match when there is a live match going on?

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 05:38 PM
maria certainly isn't the first person to talk about coming into a tournament with an injury :rolleyes:
her injury has been blown WAY out of proportion on these boards though, that's certainly possible.

xin_hui
May 28th, 2006, 05:39 PM

it's true.

understandable when the best player she ever beat on clay was bondarenko :tape:

TF Chipmunk
May 28th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Are you even watching!?! :rolleyes:
Yes I am! She's not even hitting the balls deep enough, and she's giving her so many UE's :rolleyes: Short points = what Masha's ankles need.

Dan23
May 28th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Maria's serve action is a little more abbreviated than normal and she not really stretching fully to the FH side, especially returning

LDF
May 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM
TF is right, Mashona isn't playing well enough to exploit Maria's ankle injury. And as Dan said, her service action is a little abbreviated. Also, she seems to be using the open stance backhand more, to avoid putting pressure on her right ankle as much. But overall she seems to be ok, definitely not 100%...

bellascarlett
May 28th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Were ppl really expecting her to limp on court? geez....she's playing now because she feels she can - doesnt mean she isnt worried or bothered by her ankle.

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 05:48 PM
She plays a very solid tennis,to me ;) She moves as bad as before on clay so the injury is forgotten

KBdoubleu
May 28th, 2006, 05:49 PM

Is he hating on Mashona or Maria? I don't get what your trying to say

The_Pov
May 28th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Is he hating on Mashona or Maria? I don't get what your trying to say

Maria, he's trying to make out that the only reason why Maria would win this match is because she's playing a below par player.

Pengwin
She's not at 100% but her 'oh my god' shots are clearly still intact. Her movement to the FH is slightly dodgy, but the commentators haven't picked up on it yet.

manu32
maria sharapova got a standing ovation before the match......french crowd seems happy to see her really....

Dan23
May 28th, 2006, 05:53 PM
She plays a very solid tennis,to me ;) She moves as bad as before on clay so the injury is forgotten
wtf??

Pengwin
May 28th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Her serving is at 80% in both sets!

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 05:55 PM
wtf??
It sounds bizarre...I was saying that her footwork, on clay, is not worse than before the injury. So nothing really changed compared to last year

Experimentee
May 28th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Whats with top players saying they are injured, and its so bad they might not play, then coming out and thrashing the opponent? :tape:

jacobruiz
May 28th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Haters were hoping to see Maria playing poorly!:lol:

She wouldn't be on court if she couldn't play and Masha at 70% is still better than most of the field.

Go Masha!:bounce: :worship:

blumaroo
May 28th, 2006, 05:57 PM
She has trouble reaching to her forehand. She's serving well enough and Mashona is too crappy anyways.

Maryamator
May 28th, 2006, 06:06 PM
lol...I dont think there is an injury she is playing out of her mind and chasing the balls very well....
:lol: i agree:angel:

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Maria made me change my mind :help:

hablo
May 28th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Maria made me change my mind :help:
how so ?

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 06:18 PM
how so ?
she's playing worse and worse..mashona's playing better and better...teh match's getting more and more tied :o
Maria's losing her concentration

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 06:19 PM
well im glad maria's playing like shit now to make the haters happy :rolleyes:

martina83
May 28th, 2006, 06:20 PM
didnt maria also pull a "oh i dont think i am i going to do well because i'm injured" at the aussie open this year( where she had no warmup tournaments) and look how good she did there. she is just playing the same games again so everyone will underestimate her. :rolleyes:

hablo
May 28th, 2006, 06:20 PM
she's playing worse and worse..mashona's playing better and better...teh match's getting more and more tied :o
Maria's losing her concentration
I have to say mashona is playing much much better at the moment (although some of her ues are just :help: )... She's upped her level and it is rattling/surprising sharapova at the moment ;)

borisy
May 28th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Boring match. I wish they showed Yuri more :hearts:

The_Pov
May 28th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Oh dear the injury might be getting worse it's gone to the 3rd.

Why do I feel an upset coming our way?

Stamp Paid
May 28th, 2006, 06:25 PM
ESPN is so geigh.

Leo_DFP
May 28th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Kick her ass like it should be kicked, Mashona. :D

MH0861
Oh honestly Maria, I don't care what happens to you after this match but just win it for the sake of my suicide team!

furrykitten
Maria should never have played today, she's clearly in pain and can't run properly. :sad:

Leo_DFP
May 28th, 2006, 06:27 PM
ESPN is so geigh.

So ridiculous, they had the potential to show it live. The match was just about to start as they came on for "live" coverage. Assholes.

nhissan
May 28th, 2006, 06:27 PM

Mashona is playing incredible tennis :angel:

Leo_DFP
May 28th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Yes, 22 winners to 19 errors for Mashona. :worship: And people were saying she should retire? She's just getting better and better with age. What a tough little cookie.

nhissan
Kick her ass like it should be kicked, Mashona. :D
yeah and the crowd is behind Mashona that's rocks

VivalaSeles

That explains the 18 W vs 11 UE of Mashona in the 2nd set against the 10W vs 9 UE of Maria :p

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Mashona is playing incredible tennis :angel:
um, okay. i guess she brought out her "oh my god" shots.

i'm hoping sharapova blows her out in the third on one foot.

Langers
May 28th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Yes, 22 winners to 19 errors for Mashona. :worship: And people were saying she should retire? She's just getting better and better with age. What a tough little cookie.
Gosh I'd hate to see what level she once played at. :tape:

On a level playing field Maria would destroy her like there's no tomorrow.

VivalaSeles
May 28th, 2006, 06:30 PM

Perhaps if she goes for the slices ;)

Harju.
May 28th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Mashona played so well in this second set. That wicked forehand return winner was :drool:

furrykitten
Theres a few real idiots on this thread :rolleyes:

faboozadoo15

:haha:

though this does nothing to help maria out now.

venusfan
May 28th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Wow, I put the match back on and see Mashona winning the 2nd set with her coach jumping up and down. Mashona doesn't look that bad, maybe when she was younger had she gotton a good coach maybe she could have been a champion.

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 06:32 PM

Wouldn't it better if Maria goes out to Mashona than some nobody because Mashona has given Maria trouble in the past.

hablo
May 28th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Perhaps if she goes for the slices ;)
or drop shots ;)

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Wouldn't it better if Maria goes out to Mashona than some nobody because Mashona has given Maria trouble in the past.
um no. mashona IS a nobody on clay. i'd rather maria play her way into the draw. mashona has beaten maria ONCE, and last time they played, maria gave her a pity game.

Harju.
May 28th, 2006, 06:34 PM
And is Mashona wearing the outfit that Serena's supposed to wear? It looks good on her.

selecta
May 28th, 2006, 06:34 PM
yuri looks like he'll kick some asses :devil: :bounce:

Infiniti2001
May 28th, 2006, 06:36 PM
ESPN is so geigh.

They too NASTY!!! like St Lucians would say :haha:

Sagittarius
May 28th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I don't think Maria will lose, even though I hope so we don't havta hear her over-done grunting and annoying attitude for the next two weeks.

Solitaire
May 28th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I hope some of u realize that Mashona has beaten Maria before. :rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 06:38 PM
um no. mashona IS a nobody on clay. i'd rather maria play her way into the draw. mashona has beaten maria ONCE, and last time they played, maria gave her a pity game.
actually i kinda take that back. i like mashona's fiesty play, and i like her coach. he's entertaining.

borisy
May 28th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Who is the guy cheering for Mashona? Her brother or coach?

tennisjay

Well the same could be said of Maria on clay especially when she comes up against better player ie. Serena, Venus, Justine, Kim, and Momo, remember Maria was a nobody until Serena gave her that pity win at Wimbledon over 2 yrs ago since than Serena, Venus, Justine, Kim and Momo have won Slams.

tterb
Hate to be argumentative, but... *cough* New Haven '04 *cough*.

Obviously, Sharapova is a better player than Mashona, but you should never underestimate anybody... especially Mashona, with her erratic game.

That said, being taken to a third set on clay by Mashona does indicate that Maria isn't nearly at full strength, so that should put the thread to rest (though I doubt it will die any time soon).

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Well the same could be said of Maria on clay especially when she comes up against better player ie. Serena, Venus, Justine, Kim, and Momo, remember Maria was a nobody until Serena gave her that pity win at Wimbledon over 2 yrs ago since than Serena, Venus, Justine, Kim and Momo have won Slams.
:haha: serena giving maria a pity win in a wimbledon final.

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 06:42 PM
I don't think Maria will lose, even though I hope so we don't havta hear her over-done grunting and annoying attitude for the next two weeks.

Oh give it a rest you over reacting whiny loser what does it care to you if someone is grunting for christ sake some people in here really need to get a life.

Dan23
May 28th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Maria is annoyed with it and teeing off now...watch her pull up on moves to the FH side. Serve is basically off the ground now....keep fighting Masha :rocker2: :hug:

bellascarlett

time to get over maria beating serena at wimbledon....cant do anything abt it. and u obviously dont know anything if u say that maria was a nobody then.

TeaMMashA

Just give her credit for once you really piss off people so much it was an overwhelming victory and you need to realise that. Absolutly pathetic :rolleyes:

Leo_DFP

Well she did use to suck and never win matches.

But Mashona has already beaten Maria once. I don't see much destruction happening.

Leo_DFP
May 28th, 2006, 06:46 PM

Amen to that.

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 06:46 PM
time to get over maria beating serena at wimbledon....cant do anything abt it. and u obviously dont know anything if u say that maria was a nobody then.

Actually some people don't even know Maria now so in some peoples eyes she still is a nobody. I think she will when this match, but no way she will win this Grandslam.

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Can i just ask you something tennisjay do you seriously believe Wimbledon 2004 was a pity win?

myxomatosis
May 28th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Actually some people don't even know Maria now so in some peoples eyes she still is a nobody.You could say that about almost any celebrity or athlete. Including Serena.

Leo_DFP
May 28th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Serena is a celebrity in the US. Maria is not. No matter what Mary Joe says. :lol:

Harju.
May 28th, 2006, 06:52 PM
If Mashona can sustain her play like in the second set, she can win because clearly Maria is not playing her best. However, during the important points, Mashona starts to hit feets away from the court. :o

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Can i just ask you something tennisjay do you seriously believe Wimbledon 2004 was a pity win?

I think it was a fluke win yes. Serena was just returning off an injury. Remember the FO when Iva M beat Martina H. does that ring a bell. Maria reminds me of Venus her game has not matured yet so it will be another 3 or years before she win another GS Title, but yes she will win another.

aholloway
Originally Posted by tennisjay
Actually some people don't even know Maria now so in some peoples eyes she still is a nobody.

If anyone believes that Maria is a nobody they obviously do not know ANYTHING about the sport and should be ignored.

faboozadoo15
Serena is a celebrity in the US. Maria is not. No matter what Mary Joe says. :lol:
:yawn: i'm glad you declare yourself the authority on this.

bellascarlett
Actually some people don't even know Maria now so in some peoples eyes she still is a nobody.

i was talking about the tennis world...and if you still knew something about tennis, you wouldn't have said that. :p

TeaMMashA

Who cares?

Leo_DFP
May 28th, 2006, 06:54 PM
:yawn: i'm glad you declare yourself the authority on this.

Go out and ask 10 random people on the street if they've heard of Serena Williams. Then ask them if they've heard of Maria Sharapova. You'll get your answer, thanks.

Leo_DFP
May 28th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Who cares?

I don't care about celebrity status, but it was brought up.

The_Pov

That's why Maria earns almost double what Serena did in endorsments.

TeaMMashA
I think it was a fluke win yes. Serena was just returning off an injury. Remember the FO when Iva M beat Martina H. does that ring a bell. Maria reminds me of Venus her game has not matured yet so it will be another 3 or years before she win another GS Title, but yes she will win another.

Theres a difference between a pity win and a fluke. She had just returned from an injury, if this was the case she done pretty well to go through 6 games to get to that final. You just cant handle the fact Maria deserved it she fought brilliantly through the whole tournament then claimed a great victory over Serena and i think its ridculous you cant even give her the credit for winning a title it just shows how mentally challenged you are it really is pathetic that you cant swallow your pride for once

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 06:56 PM
You could say that about almost any celebrity or athlete. Including Serena.

Please, find me someone (excluding 3rd world countries) who doesn't know who Serena Williams is

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Go out and ask 10 random people on the street if they've heard of Serena Williams. Then ask them if they've heard of Maria Sharapova. You'll get your answer, thanks.
i don't see what this has to do with anything.

and anyway, i don't know anyone who doesn't know who maria sharapova is.

and it's ironic you're making all kinds of accusations about fame and celebrity status when you have lindsay davenport in your avatar. ask 10 random people in the street if they know who SHE is and you'll find one who does know of her, but they'll follow up their answer with "but who the fuck cares?"

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Please, find me someone (excluding 3rd world countries) who doesn't know who Serena Williams is

Do you realise how silly that sounded :haha:

myxomatosis
May 28th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Please, find me someone (excluding 3rd world countries) who doesn't know who Serena Williams isIt probably wouldn't be all that difficult.
There's no denying that Serena is a household name and big celebrity in the US (and worldwide, really). There are still people who don't know who she is though.

bellascarlett
May 28th, 2006, 06:58 PM

it wasnt an early round win for christ's sake...it was a GRANDSLAM FINAL!!! maybe you should start getting that through your head. If Serena was so bothered by her condition at that time, she wouldnt have gotten to the final and wouldnt have been beaten by a 17 year old in her first GS final. :p

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Theres a difference between a pity win and a fluke. She had just returned from an injury, if this was the case she done pretty well to go through 6 games to get to that final. You just cant handle the fact Maria deserved it she fought brilliantly through the whole tournament then claimed a great victory over Serena and i think its ridculous you cant even give her the credit for winning a title it just shows how mentally challenged you are it really is pathetic that you cant swallow your pride for once

Man, people still can't let this go 2 years later. I personally think Maria played brilliantly in that final, and she definitely deserved the win. Do I think Serena Williams played her best against Maria however? No. But that still doesn't take Maria's title away from her. I also think Maria will be a champion in the future again, but her career in a way is mirroring Serena's teenage career. Took a couple more years for her game to really gel, the same will happen with Maria.

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 07:00 PM

Yes she did so did Anna K, but who has more slam and more respect as a tennis player, you know the answer, but I'm not going to argue about the fame of a tennis player who has 1 Grandslam Title to her name and fewer title to someone who change the face of tennis and took tennis to a new heights not that you would ever give Serena credit for that so PEACE.

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Man, people still can't let this go 2 years later. I personally think Maria played brilliantly in that final, and she definitely deserved the win. Do I think Serena Williams played her best against Maria however? No. But that still doesn't take Maria's title away from her. I also think Maria will be a champion in the future again, but her career in a way is mirroring Serena's teenage career. Took a couple more years for her game to really gel, the same will happen with Maria.

Why you quoting me for bringing it up? :confused: it was tennisjay

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 07:03 PM

First off, what proof do you have that Maria earns almost DOUBLE what Serena earns/earned.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Why you quoting me for bringing it up? :confused: it was tennisjay

I never said YOU couldn't let it go. If you read my post, I said "people" can't let it go. Read man, read!

Sagittarius
May 28th, 2006, 07:05 PM
SHIIIIIIIIIIIT Mashona is leading 5-2!!!

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I never said YOU couldn't let it go. If you read my post, I said "people" can't let it go. Read man, read!

Yeah i know but wouldnt it have been a better to use tennisjays message ;)

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 07:08 PM
First off, what proof do you have that Maria earns almost DOUBLE what Serena earns/earned.

Classic Maria fans they bring up money when they can't talk about GS Titles, yes Maria earns more money than Serena, yes Maria in some peoples eyes look better than Serena, yes Maria is thinner than Serena, but no she doesn't have more GS Titles than Serena.

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 07:12 PM
wow you really are obsessed dude!

myxomatosis
May 28th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Classic Maria fans they bring up money when they can't talk about GS Titles, yes Maria earns more money than Serena, yes Maria in some peoples eyes look better than Serena, yes Maria is thinner than Serena, but no she doesn't have more GS Titles than Serena.Not yet. ;)

furrykitten
May 28th, 2006, 07:14 PM
There really is no point in arguing with people who just have hate and jealousy in their hearts

Dan23
May 28th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Maria :bowdown:

jacobruiz
May 28th, 2006, 07:41 PM
:D

Great heart, great fight!:bounce: :hearts:

nhissan
May 28th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Maria is not injured she move well she 's a faker

furrykitten
May 28th, 2006, 07:49 PM

and you're an idiot

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 07:52 PM

She does than well. :lol:

nhissan
May 28th, 2006, 07:52 PM
and you're an idiot
Did you see the match?
If not you are the dumbass here and if yes and you still believe she's injured I can't do anything for you :angel:

myxomatosis
May 28th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Can't everybody in here just celebrate a terrific come-from-behind victory from Maria?? :p

furrykitten
May 28th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Did you see the match?
If not you are the dumbass here and if yes and you still believe she's injured I can't do anything for you :angel:

You know she's injured.
I hope you enjoyed her comeback, come on admit it you did didn't you?

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Did you see the match?

:lol: I think its kind of obvious she has a bad ankle due to the fact of the scan on friday afternoon also her movement on the court youd prob have to be visually challenged to not see there was a problem

nhissan
May 28th, 2006, 07:56 PM
She made a great come back yeah but there'is no way she's injured like she pretend

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 07:59 PM
She made a great comme back yeah but there'is no way she's injured like she pretend

I think thats pretty obvious to everyone except a few people. I think she knew Moshona was going to give her a hard time so she was making an excuse in advance, because that I'm only a teenager don't sat well with people know days.

Maria Croft
May 28th, 2006, 08:01 PM
:lol: @ everyone who thinks she faked this injury

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I think thats pretty obvious to everyone except a few people. I think she knew Moshona was going to give her a hard time so she was making an excuse in advance, because that I'm only a teenager don't sat well with people know days.

:haha: :haha: :haha: youve really gone over the top this time how can she fake an injury!! She shew her scan to the organisers for christ sake! they knew the problem the WTA knows the problem her coaching staff knows the problem and the trainer that came onto court knows the problem! but yet tennisjay is in denial!!!

wateva
May 28th, 2006, 08:19 PM
some posters here have selective eyesight and memory. a real serious case which needs to be attended immediately! :rolleyes: masha is not pushing off well on her forehand and it's obvious. being injured doesn't mean she has to be in a wheelchair or limping. :o

SAEKeithSerena
May 28th, 2006, 08:25 PM
at least she's playing unlike some other "pierces and williams"

Maria Croft
May 28th, 2006, 08:29 PM
some posters here have selective eyesight and memory. a real serious case which needs to be attended immediately! :rolleyes: masha is not pushing off well on her forehand and it's obvious. being injured doesn't mean she has to be in a wheelchair or limping. :o

:lol: so true

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 08:31 PM

So what do you want Serena and Pierce to go out and play injuried how stupid. :smash: , but I'm sure most people know that about you already. If you want Maria to go out and play injuried I want try and stop her infact I give her my blessing, but don't tell everyone else they should play when they aren't healty enough. Oh one other thing don't use her injury as an excuse when she lose, because that will be the first thing that comes out of your mouth.

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 08:33 PM

Oh grow up, she won now get over it and move on.

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Oh grow up, she won now get over it and move on.

maybe its time for you to move on with Maria huh? find yourself another obsession

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 08:39 PM
maybe its time for you to move on with Maria huh? find yourself another obsession

I'm not going to argue. :angel:

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I'm not going to argue. :angel:

Wow are you feeling ok?

pimpie
May 28th, 2006, 09:12 PM
some people are just ... :rolleyes:

Couver
May 28th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Well honestly I didn't get to see the match, but what exactly would she even gain by faking? She hasn't played in 2 months, and not a single claycourt match for that matter. If she has some evil scheme to win the French Open then it's a pretty bad one. And if that injury was fake I doubt she would have gone to 3 sets just for the fun of it unless she's a huge glutton for punishment.

Come on people need to let this go. They are seeing things that aren't even there now.

perseus2006
May 28th, 2006, 10:37 PM

But, tennisjay, she started with the ankle bit before the Draw!!! Weeks before the draw. How did she know she would be facing Mashona?

If you are really "only a teenager" seek remedial help immediately. I thought you were in second grade!

bis2806
May 28th, 2006, 10:50 PM
I think her injury was a reason to cover-up in case she loses a match :tape: she even said she "was surprised she won the 1st set" dude... if you think you're going to lose don't give excuses.

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I think her injury was a reason to cover-up in case she loses a match :tape: she even said she "was surprised she won the 1st set" dude... if you think you're going to lose don't give excuses.
she was surprised that she won the first set SO EASILY. there's quite a difference.

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 10:57 PM

Its funny because your bash posts are even more annoying because of that little brat on your picture :lol:

bis2806
May 28th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Its funny because your bash posts are even more annoying because of that little brat on your picture :lol:

Your posts are beyond ridiculous and don't even make sense which makes the screaming "I'm only 18" little girl look like a crying whining baby.

tennisluver99
May 29th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Whats with top players saying they are injured, and its so bad they might not play, then coming out and thrashing the opponent? :tape:

Maybe because early round opponents are crappy players.

tennisluver99
May 29th, 2006, 12:31 AM
I'm not a fan of Sharapova, but this thread was unnecessary.

Oh by the way Andrew, what ever happened to Hingis' foot injury? You know the one that was supposed to be career-ending :)

msharafan
May 29th, 2006, 12:35 AM
look whoever thinks maria was not injured was wrong. she moved terrible and she said in her press conference she was taking a chance and if the chance doesnt come off she could jepordise wimby. for god's sake the girl is injured, and she was notibly upset over the decision to make her play on sunday when she asked for a late start. and if maria does lose next round it will be because of her injury, she hasnt played because of the injury. and at 5-2 down maria said she just forgot about the pain and gritted it out. now there a true champion for you. just because other certain player(wont name names) fake injuries it doesnt mean maria does. also the person i am refering to i believe was injured to an extent but might have exagerated a little.
it is also quite obvious that after the first set her ankle got noticably worse, and mashona picking up her level didnt help either. but please trust me maria is injred and i for one hope she will be ok.

anyone who cant see this or for anyone who is a maria hater or jealous of her, youlle be happy to know that when maria does lose we as her fans will be blaming her injury, just for the update if she is to lose.
so you can now start making up your silly comebacks!
and actually i believe this thread was started to take the goodnesss out of maria's win today which was outstanding and took great courage and strenght, so the people who are saying maria isnt injured are only saying this to distract everyone form the fact that maria sharapova is a fighter and a true champion of the future. god jealousy i love it!

TJL
May 29th, 2006, 12:49 AM
She missed the whole clay season except FO so I think claiming that she wasn't injured is just stoopid. Last year you could see that she improved her game on clay with every tournament that she played so to say that she had some kind of masterplan to skip all the clay tournaments and then come to FO faking injury... Well let's just say that it tells lot about people who are claiming this. It's not like she would have been any kind of favourite in FO even without injury so taking of the pressure from her angle just doesn't work.

What's next? Saying that Pierce has some evil plan to win Wimbledon or US Open or that Golovin wasn't really injured or Davenport has just been preparing for Wimbledon or there's nothing wrong with Serana's knee or....

vettipooh
May 29th, 2006, 02:11 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: The only 'game' Pierce and Serena play is tennis. If they're not fit to compete, they withdraw! It's a simple solution. Serena has no time for theatrics...(no pun intended) :lol: ;) Maria does have an ankle injury, but after watching her today, I think it's slightly exaggerated, imho.

The_Pov
May 29th, 2006, 02:14 AM

OMG :haha: So true :haha:

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2006, 02:17 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: The only 'game' Pierce and Serena play is tennis. If they're not fit to compete, they withdraw! It's a simple solution. Serena has no time for theatrics...(no pun intended) :lol: ;) Maria does have an ankle injury, but after watching her today, I think it's slightly exaggerated, imho.
serena has played at 10%, 15%, 20%, 9,000 notches below her level, with bandaged knee. what's your point? serena claims to play injured all the time. a lot of players do.

TeaMMashA
May 29th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Your posts are beyond ridiculous and don't even make sense which makes the screaming "I'm only 18" little girl look like a crying whining baby.

At least i dont carry on with the same old arguement with Maria we are constantly reminded about your hate for Maria which is "beyond ridiculous", if my post didnt make much sense you shouldnt use it to quote or give me a bad rep ;)

P.S Shes all grown up now she 19 :)

furrykitten
May 29th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Bis is like Tennisjay, a very sad individual.

fifiricci
May 29th, 2006, 10:53 AM
look whoever thinks maria was not injured was wrong. she moved terrible and she said in her press conference she was taking a chance and if the chance doesnt come off she could jepordise wimby. for god's sake the girl is injured, and she was notibly upset over the decision to make her play on sunday when she asked for a late start. and if maria does lose next round it will be because of her injury, she hasnt played because of the injury. and at 5-2 down maria said she just forgot about the pain and gritted it out. now there a true champion for you. just because other certain player(wont name names) fake injuries it doesnt mean maria does. also the person i am refering to i believe was injured to an extent but might have exagerated a little.
it is also quite obvious that after the first set her ankle got noticably worse, and mashona picking up her level didnt help either. but please trust me maria is injred and i for one hope she will be ok.

anyone who cant see this or for anyone who is a maria hater or jealous of her, youlle be happy to know that when maria does lose we as her fans will be blaming her injury, just for the update if she is to lose.
so you can now start making up your silly comebacks!
and actually i believe this thread was started to take the goodnesss out of maria's win today which was outstanding and took great courage and strenght, so the people who are saying maria isnt injured are only saying this to distract everyone form the fact that maria sharapova is a fighter and a true champion of the future. god jealousy i love it!

I think you've made some good defensive points here, but at the end of the day, if Maria is not fit to play, why did she not withdraw before the first round? I saw her match yesterday and I really can't say that she looked very hampered to me (except possibly when she was pushed out to the far right).

It seems to me that "injured" is a very relative term, especially in tennis. We've had the famous "KIm is lightly injured thread" in the past few days. I've been spending all that time trying to work out what "lightly injured" is. The person who wrote the thread is not a native English speaker, methinks, because we would not normally describe an injury as "light".

But when it comes down to it, all I care about is whether or not Kim plays. And in my book, if she plays she is fit and I don't give a toss about any "light" injuries she may have. And I certainly wouldn't accept her using them as an excuse if she loses.

You let yourself down at the end of the post by suggesting that anyone who cant see Maria's injury is either jealous or a hater. I couldn't really see it yesterday and I am neither. Maybe I am just stupid or need to change my glasses prescription, or both! :lol:

And if the injury is bad enough for you to suggest that it can be used as a justification if Maria loses early here, would a Monday start have made any difference? And if not, why is everyone being so hard on the FTT?

I think Maria fans need to be careful that they are not seen to be having their cake and eating it with their arguments about this injury of Maria's ;)

Having said all that, I wish her luck in her next match - she's an exciting player and I for one would like to see her get into week two.

bis2806
May 30th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Stop using injury as a defense mechanism :rolleyes: If she was really injured, she would not have won that match.

Warrior
May 31st, 2006, 12:01 AM
Stop using injury as a defense mechanism :rolleyes: If she was really injured, she would not have won that match.

Stop attacking and people will stop defending. It is that simple!

jacobruiz
May 31st, 2006, 12:10 AM

:haha: Speaking of "beyond ridiculous"....You're not even 12, are you?:lol: