PDA

View Full Version : A. Mauresmo D. M. Shaughnessy 6-4 6-4

LostGlory
May 28th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Well Done Ame...:yeah:

jonny84
May 28th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Close points there though - Meghann had some chances.

LostGlory
May 28th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Yes it was quiet a match not the best from Amelie but good enough....Good to see Meg back and playing so well....

silverwhite
May 28th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Solid match from Momo. She remained calm during the tight moments. :bounce:

LostGlory
May 28th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Yes and she was trying new stuff and enjoying them...I guess we will see the Safin kick back hand quiet often this year......Amelie did it a few times and meg did it a couple of times to my surprise....

silverwhite
May 28th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Meghann looked so irritated when she walked off the court and a French reporter stopped her for an interview :lol:

VivalaSeles
May 28th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Close points there though - Meghann had some chances.

Not that many. Meghann only had 5 breakpoints: all in the same Amélie game which Meghann won. Plus, Amélie served very well. At one point, her 1st serve percentage was 83 % :D

Martyś
May 28th, 2006, 03:47 PM
:woohoo:
I'm so happy. Hopefully, Amelie will reach final this year.

silverwhite
May 28th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Yes and she was trying new stuff and enjoying them...I guess we will see the Safin kick back hand quiet often this year......Amelie did it a few times and meg did it a couple of times to my surprise....

It's pretty common on the men's tour (even for those with one-handed BHs like Gasquet) and it's started gaining popularity on the WTA. :p

mishar
May 28th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Yes, the stats look good for Amelie. More winners than errors, high break point conversion, high percentage of first service points won (my favorite stat)... Playing like this, she should only get better as the fortnight goes on..

Allez Amelie!

Ceze
May 28th, 2006, 03:55 PM
she hit 8 aces! :eek:

here are the stats of the match:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/ceze/Amelie_MeghannRG1.jpg

LostGlory
May 28th, 2006, 04:00 PM
It's pretty common on the men's tour (even for those with one-handed BHs like Gasquet) and it's started gaining popularity on the WTA. :p

its not that common, name 5 players on the ATP that do it often other than Marat and David....

As for women, Amelie and today Meghan

LostGlory
May 28th, 2006, 04:01 PM
she hit 8 aces! :eek:

Yup and she finiahed the match with an ace it was Awsome.....

LostGlory
May 28th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Yes, the stats look good for Amelie. More winners than errors, high break point conversion, high percentage of first service points won (my favorite stat)... Playing like this, she should only get better as the fortnight goes on..

Allez Amelie!

Well the stats are Ok but it was not a great match...I'd say a good enough match....

Ceze
May 28th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Well the stats are Ok but it was not a great match...I'd say a good enough match....... for a 1st round match, yes it was :)

mishar
May 28th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I didn't see the match, so can't comment on the quality, but I'd say anytime you have in the women's game more winners than errors, it's good, especially on clay, especially in the 1st round, especially against a decent player like Meg!

LostGlory
May 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM
... for a 1st round match, yes it was :)

Totally agree

LostGlory
May 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM
I didn't see the match, so can't comment on the quality, but I'd say anytime you have in the women's game more winners than errors, it's good, especially on clay, especially in the 1st round, especially against a decent player like Meg!

Meg Played very well....i agree....

Barbarela
May 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
It seemed to me a very solid match! :)

LUIS9
May 28th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Very solid win, I really thought maybe Shaugnessy could have taken it to a third. However, Mauresmo is levels beyond Meghan on clay and on most surfaces. It's good to see the jitters have yet to get to Momo.

Bette_Midler
May 28th, 2006, 07:05 PM
vamos Amélie :bounce:

SAEKeithSerena
May 28th, 2006, 07:09 PM
close match, great job amelie!

Wannabeknowitall
May 28th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Good job from Mauresmo. I will give some credit to Meghann. I saw her play a clay court style against Sesil at the US Open. She's ben really working on her clay court game and it's slowly paying off. I hope to see better results next year.

butch
May 28th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Was an entertaining match to watch. Pity though that Shaughnessy made error after error at 4-4 in the 2nd to allow Amelie to break her, after she'd worked so hard to recover from 2-4. The atmosphere in the stadium was wonderful. I think Amelie will do very well this year.

manu32
May 28th, 2006, 07:24 PM
why mauresmo said on french tv after the match (france 2):no rythm in the match because she waited a lot between the points?????? shaughnessy is not pierce and its totally false...her speech is different this time but not nice indeed.....

hablo
May 28th, 2006, 07:26 PM
^^^tu dis n'importe quoi comme d'habitude :rolleyes:

edit : ok, she did say that (sort of) but to explain why the crowd had a hard time getting into it :lol: (but she did in no way say that meghann taking her time affected her game :rolleyes: )

http://sport.france2.fr/stade2/?date=2006/05/28&id_article=395

Ceze
May 28th, 2006, 07:36 PM
^^^tu dis n'importe quoi comme d'habitude :rolleyes:yeah, manu32 is totally false, as usual :rolleyes: (but what else can you expect from him? :tape: )
Amélie said:
"It's satisfying for a first round even if it was not the match of the century," said Mauresmo. "Her game is based on a good serve. She does not put a lot of rhythm in the match, which is not easy to deal with."
That's the correct version, and I heard it in French on France 2 :)

Paule22
May 28th, 2006, 07:42 PM
I'm happy. Thats a good result for Meghann, she just have to continue.

LostGlory
May 28th, 2006, 07:45 PM
oh some one is here to stir trouble as usual....

hablo
May 28th, 2006, 07:48 PM
yeah, manu32 is totally false, as usual :rolleyes: (but what else can you expect from him? :tape: )
Amélie said:
"It's satisfying for a first round even if it was not the match of the century," said Mauresmo. "Her game is based on a good serve. She does not put a lot of rhythm in the match, which is not easy to deal with."
on lui a pose une question qt a 'l'espece de retenue de la partie du public'...
elle a dit que le public s'est en partie endormie car il n'y avait pas bcp de rythme dans le match (choix des coups de meghann- j'ai vu cela dans un autre interview) et meghann prenait du temps entre les services (sur stade2) ou qqchose du genre...

manu32
May 28th, 2006, 07:55 PM
yeah, manu32 is totally false, as usual :rolleyes: (but what else can you expect from him? :tape: )
Amélie said:

regarde la video de stade 2,celle dont je parlais et nullement question de son service .....ça t'arrive de quitter le virtuel???? et un jour pars en week end avec ????? et puis pour les bouchons dans les oreilles tu as cerulyse ou un orl....pauvre mec ou fille parce que maintenant j'ai des doutes.......

hablo
May 28th, 2006, 08:09 PM
regarde la video de stade 2,celle dont je parlais et nullement question de son service .....ça t'arrive de quitter le virtuel???? et un jour pars en week end avec ????? et puis pour les bouchons dans les oreilles tu as cerulyse ou un orl....pauvre mec ou fille parce que maintenant j'ai des doutes.......
il y a aussi une autre interview ou Amelie dit que meghann ne lui donnait pas bcp de rythme dans ses choix de coups qu'elle lui donnait :rolleyes:

tjrs en train de voir que du negatif dans tt ce qu'Ame fait :tape:

c'est a se demander pq tu regardes meme ses matchs. :help:

manu32
May 28th, 2006, 08:11 PM
elle a dit que le public s'est en partie endormie car il n'y avait pas bcp de rythme dans le match (choix des coups de meghann- j'ai vu cela dans un autre interview) et meghann prenait du temps entre les services (sur stade2) ou qqchose du genre...

nous avons entendu et vu la même chose.......

je ne partage pas vos engouements mais je les respecte parce que vous n'êtes pas une sotte.....

~Carsten~
May 28th, 2006, 08:13 PM
well done Amelie!

Ceze
May 28th, 2006, 08:15 PM
elle a dit que le public s'est en partie endormie car il n'y avait pas bcp de rythme dans le match (choix des coups de meghann- j'ai vu cela dans un autre interview) et meghann prenait du temps entre les services (sur stade2) ou qqchose du genre... moi c'est de l'interview qu'elle a donné juste apres le match au micro de Nelson Monfort dont je parle, où elle disait que Meghann cassait le rythme avec certains de ses coups, ce à quoi Amelie ne s'attendait pas et rendait la chose plus difficile. Cette partie est également mentionnée dans l'article dans l'Equipe. ;)

Ceze
May 28th, 2006, 08:17 PM
il y a aussi une autre interview ou Amelie dit que meghann ne lui donnait pas bcp de rythme dans ses choix de coups qu'elle lui donnait :rolleyes:

tjrs en train de voir que du negatif dans tt ce qu'Ame fait :tape:

c'est a se demander pq tu regardes meme ses matchs. :help:oh on a affaire à un bon gros troll t'inquiète :lol:

hablo
May 28th, 2006, 08:23 PM
moi c'est de l'interview qu'elle a donné juste apres le match au micro de Nelson Monfort dont je parle, où elle disait que Meghann cassait le rythme avec certains de ses coups, ce à quoi Amelie ne s'attendait pas et rendait la chose plus difficile. Cette partie est également mentionnée dans l'article dans l'Equipe. ;) et aussi sur sports.fr ;)

Mauresmo: "Je me sens prête"
28/05/2006

Propos recueillis par PIERRE-GILLES HUOT
De Sports.fr à Roland-Garros
Consulter aussi:
Federer en rodage
Gasquet en relâché
Nadal sous les feux de la rampe
Les réactions du jour
Robredo, le solitaire

Attendue au tournant, Amélie Mauresmo a assuré l'essentiel pour ses débuts dans cette édition 2006 de Roland-Garros. Tête de série numéro 1 du tournoi, la Française, remise de son angine, a fait parler son expérience pour se défaire de l'Américaine Meghann Shaughnessy 6-4, 6-4. Un peu plus tôt, Roger Federer avait fait respecter son statut en dominant l'Argentin Diego Hartfield 7-5, 7-6, 6-2. Qualification ce dimanche pour Nalbandian, Safina, Robredo et Bartoli, alors que Sharapova a sauvé trois balles de match contre Washington avant de l'emporter sur le fil.

Mauresmo a parfaitement géré son entrée dans le tournoi.

Quelles sont vos impressions sur votre entrée en lice ?
Je me suis sentie assez à l'aise, surtout sur mon service, mon arme forte. Ce n'était pas un match facile, même si j'ai réussi à prendre parfois le contrôle du jeu. Si je l'avais fait un peu plus, l'écart aurait été plus significatif au niveau du score. Il y a eu un peu trop de déchets et j'ai trop subi lorsque j'étais contre le vent. Mais je ne suis pas inquiète, c'est un bon début, c'est une rencontre de premier tour satisfaisante, même si ce n'est pas le match du siècle.

Avez-vous été surprise par son jeu ?
Oui, je ne m'attendais pas à ce qu'elle casse la cadence. Normalement, elle varie très peu, voire pas du tout sa trajectoire de balle, contrairement à aujourd'hui. Je ne m'attendais vraiment pas à ce type de match... D'habitude, elle donne plus de points.

On pouvait s'attendre, étant donné que vous arrivez dans ce tournoi avec ce statut de numéro 1 mondiale, que le public soit un peu plus chaud...Samedi, l'accueil était bouillant. Aujourd'hui, les gens étaient un peu endormis! Sur la fin, ils se sont bien mis dedans. Ce n'est pas évident lorsque le match est décousu et avec peu de rythme.

Quel est votre avis sur le fait de commencer le tournoi un dimanche ?
J'avais l'impression d'être lundi. C'est un peu bizarre. Je savais qu'il y avait de grandes chances que je commence le dimanche. Je me suis préparée un peu plus tôt dans la semaine, exprès. Mais la chose la plus étrange est peut-être d'avoir deux jours de repos, parce que je ne jouerai pas avant mercredi mon prochain tour. Je ne sais pas si cela aura un effet sur mon jeu... Mais, je vais pouvoir bien m'entraîner lundi et mardi pour améliorer certaines petites choses. Je vais me concentrer sur ce que j'ai à faire et on verra bien...

"Plus de recul par rapport à l'événement"

Vous disiez que vous aviez hâte que le tournoi commence après avoir été absente à Rome...
Oui, je suis soulagée d'être enfin en première semaine! (rires) Pour revenir au dimanche, on prend les choses comme elles viennent. On n'a pas vraiment le choix... En fait, on n'était pas pour que le tournoi commence le dimanche. A partir de là, il faut s'adapter et prendre les choses de manière positive... En tous les cas, j'étais impatiente d'en découdre.

Et physiquement, comment vous sentez-vous ?
Beaucoup mieux. J'étais inquiète parce que j'étais diminuée à cause de cette angine. On a réussi cette semaine à monter tranquillement en régime, crescendo. Aujourd'hui, je me sens prête pour ce tournoi.

Vos victoires au Masters et à l'Open d'Australie ont dû changer beaucoup de choses concernant votre approche mentale...
Ces victoires m'ont permis de relativiser. Je ressens un certain relâchement physique et plus de distance, de recul, de discernement par rapport à l'événement. Il y a aussi moins d'obligation de résultats. Je profite du fait d'arriver en tant que numéro 1. Le reste c'est du bonus...

Sun*Kissed
May 28th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Good win, the best part was seeing momo enjoying herself out there

hablo
May 28th, 2006, 08:44 PM
nous avons entendu et vu la même chose.......

je ne partage pas vos engouements mais je les respecte parce que vous n'êtes pas une sotte.....
t'as qu'a regarder le link qu'a mis danielafrenchfan et tu saisiras sans probleme :D
la elle dit clairement comment meghann a varie ses coups plus que d'habitude ...

l'interview est sur france2/3 :wavey: il dure 4:18!

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 08:53 PM
that was an entertaining match. it's really too bad for meghan. she could have beaten A LOT of players at RG this year.

Scots Kim Fan
May 28th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Well done Amelie, some good passing shots today!

partbrit
May 28th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Props to Meghann--she played extremely well. Both Amelie and Roger got more than they bargained for today.

RJWCapriati
May 28th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Mauresmo served great!

saint
May 28th, 2006, 09:41 PM
She played well, did enough to beat her opponent and served great - just keep it up for the rest of the tourney.

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 28th, 2006, 11:18 PM
that was an entertaining match. it's really too bad for meghan. she could have beaten A LOT of players at RG this year.

Agreed. She could have definitely reached the 3rd or 4th round with a good draw this year. I think we'll see her back in the top 30 or 25 by the end of the year, and hopefully climbing even higher next year.

That's as good as I've seen Momo at Roland Garros for a while. She only usually looks relaxed at RG against players who are significantly worse than her. This was a match she would've lost last year IMO, but she really kept her head in it and finished the match off nicely :)

prowler
May 28th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Agreed. She could have definitely reached the 3rd or 4th round with a good draw this year. I think we'll see her back in the top 30 or 25 by the end of the year, and hopefully climbing even higher next year.

That's as good as I've seen Momo at Roland Garros for a while. She only usually looks relaxed at RG against players who are significantly worse than her. This was a match she would've lost last year IMO, but she really kept her head in it and finished the match off nicely :)

Yes it was tough on Meghan to meet the #1 in the world on Day 1 - she played well but Amelie certainly rose to the occasion, and I agree...last year might well have brought a different result! Kudos to Amelie...keep it going!

The Daviator
May 28th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Great start MoMo :yeah:

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 12:06 AM

i agree. she could have upset a player like schnyder, a seed ranked 11-16, maybe even petrova, clijsters or dementieva playing like that.

amelie played really well. she's enjoyable to watch.

galadriel
May 29th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Amelie :D

flyingmachine
May 29th, 2006, 03:01 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! !!!!
:woohoo: