PDA

View Full Version : Why will Venus have to play on Suzanne Lenglen while Schnyder will play on centre

Viktymise
May 28th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Why hasnt vee been put on Phillipe Chatrier, ok Schnyder versus Krajicek has a possibility of an upset but were talkin about a 5 time slam winner and former finalist of the tournament and she would definatley bring in more ticket sales and more people would go and see the match no matter who she plays, why did the organisers do this does any1 have any ideas

lucashg
May 28th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Perhaps they want Venus to bring more ticket sales to Suzanne Lenglen as Phillipe Chatrier already has Clijsters, Nadal and some French players.

Paldias
May 28th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Why do you care where she plays? :o :rolleyes:
Just as long as she plays, I'm happy.

AjdeNate!
May 28th, 2006, 04:13 PM
It's a conspiracy! :armed: :eek: :bolt:

MH0861
May 28th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Perhaps they want Venus to bring more ticket sales to Suzanne Lenglen as Phillipe Chatrier already has Clijsters, Nadal and some French players.

I agree.

starr
May 28th, 2006, 04:14 PM
They divide up the show courts. Venus will play Chartier later on and the others will play Lenglen later on.

Besides, I think with Clijsters and Nadal and the French players, they aren't worried about ticket sales on Chartier.

santhuruu
May 28th, 2006, 04:15 PM
I actually don't care where she is scheduled on, it's a showcourt and hopefully we will get coverage when Venus plays and as long she keeps winning, I really don't mind:p

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Oh hell to the no!!! :fiery:

xin_hui
ok Schnyder versus Krajicek has a possibility of an upset

you answered your own question. even if schnyder isnt upset, i'd think a schynder-krajicek match seems to be more intriguing than venus-bammer

WhatTheDeuce
Along with what others have said, I'd still put Patty-Krajicek on Centre over Venus' match. It's just a more interesting match. Don't get me wrong I love Vee, but fact is fact.

mila_mail
May 28th, 2006, 04:18 PM
never mind, it doesn't matter

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 28th, 2006, 04:18 PM
I don't care where she plays, as long as Eurosport shows it live!!!

They better show it live :armed: :

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Along with what others have said, I'd still put Patty-Krajicek on Centre over Venus' match. It's just a more interesting match. Don't get me wrong I love Vee, but fact is fact.
Interesting in the sense that the match will be closer! However, if you are concerned about selling tickets, VENUS is the one to put on Center Court :angel:

Wiggly
May 28th, 2006, 04:19 PM
They want people everywhere, They don't want Chatrier to be full and Lenglen to be empty.

And Venus can't be on Chatrier every matches she play ;) She will be back on Central soon :p

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2006, 04:20 PM
selling tickets in a slam ???? :rolls:

Viktymise
May 28th, 2006, 04:22 PM
you answered your own question. even if schnyder isnt upset, i'd think a schynder-krajicek match seems to be more intriguing than venus-bammer
Ye but it venus any match she plays would be bringing more than these 2 would

Martian KC
May 28th, 2006, 04:22 PM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2796/owl0fv.gif

WhatTheDeuce
May 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM
:crying2: :haha:

akosijepoy
May 28th, 2006, 04:25 PM
It doesn't really matter what court she plays in as long as it will be telivised and that she will win. Hehe! :D

xin_hui
May 28th, 2006, 04:26 PM

stop whining. every top player will have their chances on centre. so if venus is not on it, i assure you her 2nd round will be on centre. she cant hog centre every round, you know? :rolleyes:

you think the french crowd wants to see the same players on the same court every round? and last i checked, schnyder's seeded higher than venus

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 28th, 2006, 04:26 PM

:rolls:

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Why do you care. I'm sure more people would pay to see a good match than a blowout.

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Really, get over it! She's on a big court either way - who freakin cares?

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 04:30 PM

Yes, I'm sure heaps of people wana go see Venus beat Bammer easily. Plus this is in EUROPE, not America...

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Really, get over it! She's on a big court either way - who freakin cares?

You know you're just happy Misa is on a big court. :p

I can smell an upset.

SzavayFi
May 28th, 2006, 04:35 PM
:spit: :haha:

GoDominique
May 28th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Because the organisers are racists. Ask Dawn Marie for further info on this matter.

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Yes, I'm sure heaps of people wana go see Venus beat Bammer easily. Plus this is in EUROPE, not America...
Europe, Asia, Pluto, Venus, Mars, America, Africa, Australia, Antartica. It doesn't matter! If Venus was playing against me, more people would come and watch it than Patty vs. whoever she's playing against. :wavey:

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 04:38 PM

I can smell an upset.
:ras: Go Patty! :rocker2:

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Europe, Asia, Pluto, Venus, Mars, America, Africa, Australia, Antartica. It doesn't matter! If Venus was playing against me, more people would come and watch it than Patty vs. whoever she's playing against. :wavey:

Vee has been on show courts throughout her entire life. As I said before, more people would want to see a good match than a complete blowout. Not to mention, Roland Garros's spectators appreciate their tennis, which supports my above statement.

:wavey:

blumaroo
May 28th, 2006, 04:40 PM
The Patty vs Misa match can be a complete blowout too though.

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 04:42 PM
True, but there is more of a chance of that being a good match than Venus's match. I think Misa will really push Patty. She might even beat her if she plays her cards right.

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Vee has been on show courts throughout her entire life. As I said before, more people would want to see a good match than a complete blowout. Not to mention, Roland Garros's spectators appreciate their tennis, which supports my above statement.

You know what! I was adressing that inky person, not you! He implied that unlike America maybe Europeans aren't enthused watching Venus by stating "this is Europe, not America."

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 04:44 PM

I can smell an upset.

I honestly don't care what court Misa has to play on - I won't be there, so it doesn't worry me, but every fucking GS we get someone bitching about why their fave isn't on court whatever...:yawn:

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 04:44 PM
You know what! I was adressing that inky person, not you! He implied that unlike America maybe Europeans aren't enthused watching Venus by stating "this is Europe, not America."

I know you were addressing Sarah, but I had something to say, so I did. :D

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Venus is less well ranked
French crowd can't bear her and Serena so... :o
Venus used to play better on the central than in the Suzanne but I don't think it will a have a consequence on the match tomorow ;)

xin_hui
May 28th, 2006, 04:46 PM
He implied that unlike America maybe Europeans aren't enthused watching Venus by stating "this is Europe, not America."

inkymisafan is a SHE ;)

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 04:46 PM

Yes it's ok - we know you are :cuckoo:

Look, Venus is on a show court - so who cares which one it is? Are you gonna be there and have tix for Chartier instead? If not, quit freakin complaining! They put the two Europeans on Chartrier, Patty has a higher seeding than Venus, and Venus got the 2nd bggest court - what's the goddamn problem?

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 04:47 PM

Exactly!

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 04:48 PM
inkymisafan is a SHE ;)

:wavey: ;) :kiss:

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I know you were addressing Sarah, but I had something to say, so I did. :D
:ras: :lol: Good luck to your favorite. Even though she won't need it :wavey: :hug:

iPatty
Not to mention, we're gunna have to watch Venus on TV anyway, so what does it matter which court? They all look the same on TV. :o

DutchieGirl

Hey moron - I'm a FEMALE. And no I did not "imply" that - I SAID it. They are playing in Europe - the put the 2 Europeans on the top court. If it were America, they would have put the Americans on the top court. So what? In Australia they usually give the Aussies top court. Nothing unusual about that.

And as others have said: Venus will get Chartier if she keeps winning - probably next round. so :shrug: there really should be no problem.

Viktymise
May 28th, 2006, 04:50 PM
stop whining. every top player will have their chances on centre. so if venus is not on it, i assure you her 2nd round will be on centre. she cant hog centre every round, you know? :rolleyes:

you think the french crowd wants to see the same players on the same court every round? and last i checked, schnyder's seeded higher than venus
Vee's last two losses at the french have been on suzanne lenglen, both dreadful matches, partly due to the fact i think suzanne lenglen plays a big slower than Phillipe Chatrier, and does seeding really matter, no and who says the same people go to RG everyday

*JR*
May 28th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I honestly don't care what court Misa has to play on - I won't be there, so it doesn't worry me, but every fucking GS we get someone bitching about why their fave isn't on court whatever...:yawn:
Fits that the letters "bitch" wind up in a Patty Post. :lol:

Hopp Misa! :rocker:

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Not to mention, we're gunna have to watch Venus on TV anyway, so what does it matter which court? They all look the same on TV. :o

:haha: Of course - in the US they would show Venus... which supports the fact: who cares what show court she's on! ;)

LucasArg
May 28th, 2006, 04:52 PM
It was the 1st thing I notice when I read the schedule of play. But well they put Bartoli vs another unkown frenchie on a showcourt too today...

Patty vs Krajicek on Chatriel is surreal but well...

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Fits that the letters "bitch" wind up in a Patty Post. :lol:

Hopp Misa! :rocker:

It's HUP Misa btw!

LucasArg
May 28th, 2006, 04:54 PM
And pleaseeeee, for those here who says Patty is seeded higher or this is Europe and not the US.....

I don't think Schnyder is 10% popupar as Venus is in France.

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 04:55 PM
And pleaseeeee, for those here who says Patty is seeded higher or this is Europe and not the US.....

I don't think Schnyder is 10% popupar as Venus is in France.

:haha: How would you know?

AjdeNate!
May 28th, 2006, 04:56 PM
It's Lenglen people... not court 389475 out in Aix-en-Provence.
Deal.

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Hey moron - I'm a FEMALE. And no I did not "imply" that - I SAID it. They are playing in Europe - the put the 2 Europeans on the top court. If it were America, they would have put the Americans on the top court. So what? In Australia they usually give the Aussies top court. Nothing unusual about that.

And as others have said: Venus will get Chartier if she keeps winning - probably next round. so :shrug: there really should be no problem.
Just shut up because we're arguing about NOTHING :o

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Just shut up because we're arguing about NOTHING :o

If we are arguing about nothing, why don't you shut up then?

tfannis
What do you expect? :rolleyes: Venus on Court Central every round? :yawn:

DutchieGirl
It's Lenglen people... not court 389475 out in Aix-en-Provence.
Deal.

:yeah:

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 04:59 PM

Of course - it's "Queen Venus". ;)

LucasArg
May 28th, 2006, 04:59 PM
:haha: How would you know?

Common sense. :)

LucasArg
May 28th, 2006, 05:00 PM

Yeah, since Serena is not playing. Venus on Centre court :)

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 05:01 PM
If we are arguing about nothing, why don't you shut up then?
Ladies 1st ;)

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Common sense. :)

isn't actually that common...but what's that got to do with anything?

LucasArg
May 28th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Maybe they put Mariana Diaz Oliva vs Conchita Martinez Granados on Chatrier on tuesday?

Who knows? :lol:

Go Mariana!!! :wavey:

Kart
I hope Venus manages to deal with where her match has been scheduled btter than some others in this thread.

AjdeNate!
:spit: :rolls: Hup Sarah!!

DutchieGirl
Ladies 1st ;)

God you are such a :retard: If that's all you've got anything to say, then you know I am right about this. So I will stop now as I'm going to bed.

LucasArg
May 28th, 2006, 05:03 PM

How many people in the world do you think they know Michaela Krajicek?:rolleyes:

DutchieGirl

and that just says everything...

marmite1
Vee's last two losses at the french have been on suzanne lenglen, both dreadful matches, partly due to the fact i think suzanne lenglen plays a big slower than Phillipe Chatrier, and does seeding really matter, no and who says the same people go to RG everyday

I admit seeding seems to be an arbitrary basis for allocating courts. Usually seeding indicates how popular the player will be. Thus it is not a maxim its just a general rule of thumb to go by.

As to your suggestion about Venus losing on Lenglen. Give me a break. Like they are going to allocate courts on the basis that Lenglen's speed isn't to Venus' liking and therefore she will lose :rolleyes:

AjdeNate!
May 28th, 2006, 05:04 PM
How many people in the world do you think they know Michaela Krajicek?:rolleyes:
probably a lot in the benelux region, which is ironically close to france! :dance:

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2006, 05:05 PM

Quite alot actually - especially in EUROPE, where the FRENCH OPEN is held! And I think alot of people there know Patty too. And Venus is on the second court - it's not like they are making her play the smallest freakin court at RG. :shrug: You know what - Venus got Vodafone for her 1st r match at Aussie Open... that's the second court too - were you also bitching then? Probably. Why should Venus have the top court EVERY match, especially in a place that is not her home country? :rolleyes:

And btw it's Michaella, not Michaela. :rolleyes:

mr_burns
May 28th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Why hasnt vee been put on Phillipe Chatrier, ok Schnyder versus Krajicek has a possibility of an upset but were talkin about a 5 time slam winner and former finalist of the tournament and she would definatley bring in more ticket sales and more people would go and see the match no matter who she plays, why did the organisers do this does any1 have any ideas
it's the same price for both courts..today mariawas on SL and diana on PC

it'snot that differnce between them

LucasArg
May 28th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Quite alot actually - especially in EUROPE, where the FRENCH OPEN is held! And I think alot of people there know Patty too. And Venus is on the second court - it's not like they are making her play the smallest freakin court at RG. :shrug: You know what - Venus got Vodafone for her 1st r match at Aussie Open... that's the second court too - were you also bitching then? Probably. Why should Venus have the top court EVERY match, especially in a place that is not her home country? :rolleyes:

And btw it's Michaella, not Michaela. :rolleyes:

Wowww then Michaella Krajicek to play on Chatrier every day!!!:wavey: :tape: :tape: :tape:

I am sure ratings will be very high!:) :lol:

pigam
May 28th, 2006, 05:09 PM
probably a lot in the benelux region, which is ironically close to france! :dance:
benelux isn't even a country, so get over yourselffffffffffff!!!11!!

LucasArg
May 28th, 2006, 05:09 PM

Be seriuos:lol:

AjdeNate!
May 28th, 2006, 05:10 PM
benelux isn't even a country, so get over yourselffffffffffff!!!11!!
:haha: I know, right?!!?

pigam
May 28th, 2006, 05:13 PM
:haha: I know, right?!!?
no, you don't know!! so why are we fighting!! 11!!
get It togeThER!!!

Infiniti2001
May 28th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Stupid thread UGH :smash: :banghead:

morningglory
May 28th, 2006, 05:19 PM
they're both big courts named after legends and I don't really see the difference in privilege between them :shrug:

Paneru
May 28th, 2006, 05:19 PM

Who cares, really?

Didn't people moan about Court 2 at
Wimbledon last year and Venus won
all three of her matches on that court.

It doesn't matter sweetie. :kiss:

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 05:26 PM
get over it. i bet venus didn't even think twice about it.

LostGlory
May 28th, 2006, 05:27 PM

Hardly anyone comes in for the 10 AM match.....even today in the first match although it was a good matchup....there was hardly anyone

Jenny.C.Fan
May 28th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Go patty :)

FrenchY52
May 28th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Because Schnyder is better than miss WIWI on clay .. I think people here think the Williams are still numver 1 but they're not ...

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Because Schnyder is better than miss WIWI on clay .. I think people here think the Williams are still numver 1 but they're not ...
You're weird..do you follow tennis currently?Didn't Miss WIWI beat Schnyder at Rome two weeks ago? Didn't Schnyder and Venus lose a the same step at Varsovie a mounth ago?Didn't Patty lose miserably at Strasbourg some days ago?C'mon,be serious we cannot consider Venus as worse than Patty..or rather Patty isn't better than Venus on clay

MrSerenaWilliams
May 28th, 2006, 05:57 PM
It doesn't matter....stadium court are all equal..except at the US Open where Venus and Serena will have ALL of their matches on Ashe. Venus' match will be US Televised, so I really dont care...and besides, does it look like she's concerned about where she's playing
http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/pics/large/b_v_williams_venus_20060524.jpg...NO SIRRIE! She just wants to win the next 28 slam matches she plays...or as many as she plays before Serena comes back

tfannis
May 28th, 2006, 05:57 PM

lol.

Expect again ;)

Paneru
May 28th, 2006, 05:59 PM

:haha:

Who gives a fuck about
a damn court, I swear
fucktards. :cool:

MrSerenaWilliams
May 28th, 2006, 06:01 PM

Miss WIWI :tape: what the f***?!?!? Are you for real?:rolleyes: It's VENUS WILLIAMS....not WIWI! Get it right!

AjdeNate!
May 28th, 2006, 06:06 PM
no, you don't know!! so why are we fighting!! 11!!
get It togeThER!!!well if we're fighting... then, then, then... um... your care bear is ugly! :ras: so there! :nerner:

Diesel
May 28th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Venus still has to win. It doesn't matter where.

borisy
May 28th, 2006, 06:26 PM
It's funny when you write something negative about the Williams you're suddenly a hater but these Williams fans had been writing all sorts of things about Patty in the last few days. I don't remember how many times I read Patty being called a bitch...

If I started a thread like "Bitch Venus", I would be bombarded with bad reps.

!<blocparty>!
May 28th, 2006, 06:31 PM
LOL. Patty Misa is a much better matchup.

Venus on clay is crap to watch. Get over it.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Well, they're treating her better here than Wimbledon did last year to her and Serena. :o

LH2HBH
May 28th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Who Cares :o

Venus over the last couple of years has played on the second largest stadium court at majors until she gets further in.

V-MAC
May 28th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I don't mind what court Vee plays on - it is the time I am more concerned about.I don't like late evening matches.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Venus on clay is crap to watch. Get over it.

Yeah, and this is the exact reason why Venus was put on Lenglen :rolleyes:

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 06:51 PM
It's nice to finally see some Williams' fans in this thread that actually have some sense. Page three rocks.

:hatoff:

!<blocparty>!
May 28th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah, and this is the exact reason why Venus was put on Lenglen :rolleyes:

That wasn't my reason why she wasn't put on Chatrier.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 07:10 PM
That wasn't my reason why she wasn't put on Chatrier.

But that's what this thread is about, so the comment wasn't needed obviously.

!<blocparty>!
May 28th, 2006, 07:15 PM
But that's what this thread is about, so the comment wasn't need obviously.

I said why she wasn't put on Chatrier in my first sentence. Venus is crap to watch on clay was a side comment. ;)

No Name Face
May 28th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I said why she wasn't put on Chatrier in my first sentence. Venus is crap to watch on clay was a side comment. ;)

If Venus is painful to watch, what does that make Lindsay? Just a side comment. :D ;)

!<blocparty>!
May 28th, 2006, 07:45 PM
If Venus is painful to watch, what does that make Lindsay? Just a side comment. :D ;)

Lindsay has nothing to do with the discussion. :retard:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 07:56 PM

Like he said, it was a side comment ;)

!<blocparty>!
May 28th, 2006, 07:58 PM
That was of no relevance whatsoever.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 08:05 PM
That was of no relevance whatsoever.

Nor was your comment regarding Venus "crap on clay" to this thread :wavey:

!<blocparty>!
May 28th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Oh, so saying Venus is crap to watch on clay is of no relevance in a thread about Venus' scheduling, on clay.

K.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Oh, so saying Venus is crap to watch on clay is of no relevance in a thread about Venus' scheduling, on clay.

K.

Yup, and u alluded to it yourself. Backpedalling are we?

butch
May 28th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I have tickets for Philippe Chatriere tomorrow and when I saw Schnyder's name on the OoP I thought 'oh God what have I sinned to be stuck with this' but the programme does improve with Nadal and Kim. I saw Nadal in practice today... he is sooo hot and hits a mean mean forehand

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 08:26 PM
I have tickets for Philippe Chatriere tomorrow and when I saw Schnyder's name on the OoP I thought 'oh God what have I sinned to be left stuck with this'

OMG :haha:

davidmario
May 28th, 2006, 08:34 PM
...because Suzanne Lenglen is a lot slower and the french officials want to see Venus lose!

drake3781
May 28th, 2006, 08:37 PM
...because Suzanne Lenglen is a lot slower and the french officials want to see Venus lose!

Why? Do tell. :rolleyes:

SAEKeithSerena
May 28th, 2006, 08:43 PM
personally, i think it's bullshit. go venus

Il Primo!

To protect Momo and for the pleasure to see a Williams out..Officials don't really appreciate both williamses..In 2002 they made the court slower before the Momo/Serena's quarter ,once again,to protect Momo:failure :o

SAEKeithSerena
OMG :haha:

i know, right:lol:

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 08:45 PM
This is like a pierce0415 thread. :o

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 08:45 PM
I have tickets for Philippe Chatriere tomorrow and when I saw Schnyder's name on the OoP I thought 'oh God what have I sinned to be stuck with this' but the programme does improve with Nadal and Kim. I saw Nadal in practice today... he is sooo hot and hits a mean mean forehand

:Pattyhatersgalore:

:retard:

DarkchildSwiss
May 28th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Schnyder is higher seeded than Venus, BTW

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Schnyder is higher seeded than Venus, BTW

What a good observation..It means absolutely nothing..FOR INSTANCE,Davydenko plays on the court 2 tomorow(BTW:he reached the semis last year...)and is seeded 6 or something like that..Player lower ranked play on more prestigious courts so...

davidmario
May 28th, 2006, 08:49 PM
The court is very slow, as we saw today in Sharapova's match. Some european commentator said it as well.

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 08:54 PM
What a good observation..It means absolutely nothing..FOR INSTANCE,Davydenko plays on the court 2 tomorow(BTW:he reached the semis last year...)and is seeded 6 or something like that..Player lower ranked play on more prestigious courts so...

I'm gunna give the answer that will end this thread:

They put Patty Schnyder on Phillipe Chatrier because they wanted to.

They aren't gunna change the OOP now, so what's the point of arguing about it? This thread is almost troll-like. :rolleyes:

Stamp Paid
May 28th, 2006, 08:56 PM

Watching Davenport sloth around on any surface is hell.

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 08:56 PM

:haha:

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I'm gunna give the answer that will end this thread:

They put Patty Schnyder on Phillipe Chatrier because they wanted to.

They aren't gunna change the OOP now, so what's the point of arguing about it? This thread is almost troll-like. :rolleyes:

... It's not a random OOP :o !Anyway we cannot change anything,you're right but this choice is quite surprising and doubtful that's all ;)

volta
May 28th, 2006, 09:05 PM
OMFG ur avatar :eek: :eek: where did u get that picture me wants it :bounce: :bounce: :hearts: :hearts:

to this thread hhhhmmmm doesnt really matter where Vee plays to me as long as she plays her best tennis so gon on Vee :bounce:

Infiniti2001
May 28th, 2006, 09:38 PM

:spit:

No.1Hingis
May 28th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Cause she is Top player I guess..

And the thing of tickets maybe influence that desicion too.. so.. as much as Venus climbs up.. she is gonna accede to the CENTER COURT...

Kuzzy goes far the principal courts.. I think 4 or something .. so.. cant explain but maybe those fans can be more angry about it...

CanIGetAWhat
May 28th, 2006, 09:46 PM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2796/owl0fv.gif:tape: :spit::haha::rolls:

SilK
May 28th, 2006, 09:53 PM
this thread is HUGE! :speakles:

perseus2006
May 28th, 2006, 10:08 PM
If it's good enough for Pova it's good enough for Venus.

I haven't heard either of them complaining, whining and being petulant about it.

Get over it.

SelesFan70
May 28th, 2006, 10:11 PM
To protect Momo and for the pleasure to see a Williams out..Officials don't really appreciate both williamses..In 2002 they made the court slower before the Momo/Serena's quarter ,once again,to protect Momo:failure :o

The funniest part is that you actually believe that... :spit:

selesfan1
May 28th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Don't people buy their tickets for the showcourts months in advanced? They probably wouldn't know who was playing in March.

starr
May 28th, 2006, 10:28 PM
...NO SIRRIE! She just wants to win the next 28 slam matches she plays...or as many as she plays before Serena comes back

You mean she won't want to win all of the matches she plays at slams after Serena comes back? :D

PLP
May 28th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Well, they're treating her better here than Wimbledon did last year to her and Serena. :o
Yeah...That was f-ed up...Venus on court 2 at Wimby! No way!

As fas as Venus' match tomorrow...It's a fantastic court...she is probably quite pleased...Maria was on it today...either Nadia or Martina will be on it on Tuesday (most likely :) ) so I think that nobody should be complaining, it's an honor to play on Lenglen>P

rjd1111
May 28th, 2006, 11:49 PM

I am more worried about Venus playing about the same time
as Nadal. If they are playing at the same time You know they
are going to show the PedalPusher.

tennisluver99
May 29th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Who cares where Venus plays! I'm just glad she's playing :)

msharafan
May 29th, 2006, 12:14 AM
well probably because she is ranked higher. and dont take it as an insult the french federation are probably going to make sure that if venus and amelie meet in the quaters venus wont be used to her surroundings! lol. no really take no offence they put sharapovas match on lenglen court too, and safina got centr stage! eh hello? at least schnyder is top ten!

vw.
May 29th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Who cares where Venus plays! I'm just glad she's playing :)
Agreed!

Dawn Marie
May 29th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Because the organisers are racists. Ask Dawn Marie for further info on this matter.

Look BITCH don't put words in my mouth. Not ALL organisers are racist you idiot. Racism is an individual thing you Dumbass bitch. Go buy Clue and hit the candlestick over your head. Do it quiety in the conservatory.:tape:

Back to the thread. Venus probably will like it better on the show court anyway. Less pressure. Patty and Kraijek is a better matchup.

IceHock
May 29th, 2006, 12:22 AM
it shouldn't really matter where she plays as long as she plays.

msharafan
May 29th, 2006, 12:23 AM
yeah so thats why they were racist about maria and federer, at least your girl didnt have to play injured when she requested not to play on sunday! and i agree as a venus fan you should be happy shes playing at all! i dont mean that in a bad way but as a maria fan i know what its like! anyway get over it its only a court! like i said they put safina on centre court and maria on lenglen, so you know.... i dont think racism is envolved at all

Viktymise
May 29th, 2006, 12:28 AM
The court is very slow, as we saw today in Sharapova's match. Some european commentator said it as well.
I was saying that aswell, but ppl were like it doesnt matter but it does when you have a game like vee and your playing someone lile Bammer and btw this thread was a question i never was bashing anyone i just was wondering why they would have put vee out on Suznne Lenglen over Phillipe Chatrier thats all, some pplare nearly willing to shoot me over this thread

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 12:28 AM

i was just curious. :)

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2006, 12:38 AM
I said Venus' game is crap to watch on clay. The fact Lindsay can't move has nothing whatsoever to do with my opinion.

But to answer the question I would much prefer to see Lindsay slothing around the court hitting backhands and lasso forehands than Venus shanking ugly forehands 10ft long.

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Gold star for the poster who manages to bring the Wimbledon final into the dicussion.

IceHock
May 29th, 2006, 12:44 AM
I was saying that aswell, but ppl were like it doesnt matter but it does when you have a game like vee and your playing someone lile Bammer and btw this thread was a question i never was bashing anyone i just was wondering why they would have put vee out on Suznne Lenglen over Phillipe Chatrier thats all, some pplare nearly willing to shoot me over this thread

it shouldn't really matter to you though if she is your fave.justseeing her play on any court should be a privelage.schnyder should be on center court because her match will actually be decent and could go the distance but patty will win,but venus should roll pretty easily,i can see where it would help with tickets and stuff but i would kill to watch daniela play anywhere,and i wouldn't care if she was on court 11.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 29th, 2006, 12:52 AM
I said Venus' game is crap to watch on clay. The fact Lindsay can't move has nothing whatsoever to do with my opinion.

But to answer the question I would much prefer to see Lindsay slothing around the court hitting backhands and lasso forehands than Venus shanking ugly forehands 10ft long.

So in other words, you'd rather see your favorite player play on clay than a player you clearly loathe, who is actually better on the surface than your favorite player...."ugly forehand" and all. Makes sense, but don't try to make it seem like Venus is such a horrible player on clay...because she actually tries on the surface and has had success.

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 12:56 AM

it does if you're saying venus is crap on clay. being a lindsay fan, it intrigued me because clay is by far lindsay's worst surface and you have to have movement to do well on it. and as we all know, lindsay is not a fast or graceful mover.

good for you then. :yeah:

Pengwin
May 29th, 2006, 12:57 AM

Venus is excellent on clay. Remember the year in Berlin when she played Sprem? That third set fightback was phenominal, especially considering she was badly injured.

The Daviator
May 29th, 2006, 01:06 AM

Watching Lindsay beat your favourites must be even worse :p :retard:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 29th, 2006, 01:08 AM

Hasn't been too hard for him, considering his favorite has a 10-4 record against her :tape:

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2006, 01:09 AM
it does if you're saying venus is crap on clay. being a lindsay fan, it intrigued me because clay is by far lindsay's worst surface and you have to have movement to do well on it. and as we all know, lindsay is not a fast or graceful mover.

good for you then. :yeah:

Venus is excellent on clay. Remember the year in Berlin when she played Sprem? That third set fightback was phenominal, especially considering she was badly injured.

Could somebody please tell me where I said Venus is crap on clay. :rolleyes:

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 01:09 AM

yeah, especially in the wimbledon 2005 final. or in the u.s. open 2005 quarterfinal.

GOLD STAR FOR ME!!!! :D :D :D

The Daviator
May 29th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Hasn't been too hard for him, considering his favorite has a 10-4 record against her :tape:

Still, those 4 must have hurt, especially 6-1 6-3 in LA, my favourite :lol:

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 01:11 AM

LA = USO tune up.

getting beat at a grand slam is when it matters...that's something three out of four of my favorites have done to lindsay more than once.

The Daviator
May 29th, 2006, 01:12 AM
yeah, especially in the wimbledon 2005 final. or in the u.s. open 2005 quarterfinal.

GOLD STAR FOR ME!!!! :D :D :D

Of course Wimbledon '05 sucked, but the 14 times Lindsay sent Venus packing were pretty enjoyable also :D

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 29th, 2006, 01:12 AM

The 2005 Australian more than made up for that :lol:

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Of course Wimbledon '05 sucked, but the 14 times Lindsay sent Venus packing were pretty enjoyable also :D

i'm glad you think so. i think that venus coming from MP down to beat lindsay at wimbledon was pretty enjoyable. i also think that serena bageling lindsay in the third set of the AO '05 final was enjoyable too.

the outcome of those matches were that v & s won actual grand slam titles. whereas beating serena 6-1, 6-3 in a USO tune up does what exactly...?

The Daviator
May 29th, 2006, 01:14 AM
The 2005 Australian more than made up for that :lol:

Shame Serena could only win when Lindsay's level dropped down to hers ;)

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Could somebody please tell me where I said Venus is crap on clay. :rolleyes:

semantics.

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Shame Serena could only win when Lindsay's level dropped down to hers ;)

you can make up all the excuses you want, but the last time lindsay won a grand slam title was when i was 14. and i'm 20 now. so... :shrug:

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2006, 01:16 AM
So the thread turned into a kindergarten.

MY FAVE IS BETTER THAN YOURS.

The Daviator
May 29th, 2006, 01:17 AM
i'm glad you think so. i think that venus coming from MP down to beat lindsay at wimbledon was pretty enjoyable. i also think that serena bageling lindsay in the third set of the AO '05 final was enjoyable too.

the outcome of those matches were that v & s won actual grand slam titles. whereas beating serena 6-1, 6-3 in a USO tune up does what exactly...?

I'm not arguing that LA is comparable to Wimbledon, I'm just saying that Lindsay's whipping of Serena that day was extremely enjoyable to me, in the same way that Lindsay's ownership of Dementieva and Myskina has been :D

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 29th, 2006, 01:18 AM

Which would've never started if you wouldn't have dissed Venus. You knew your comment wasn't pertinent to the thread, but you put it in anyway. Don't be an enabler!

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 01:19 AM

and i got the gold star! :D

I'm not arguing that LA is comparable to Wimbledon, I'm just saying that Lindsay whipping of Serena that day was extremely enjoyable to me, in the same way that Lindsay's ownership of Dementieva and Myskina has been :D

myskina owned lindsay in 2004, when she was a top player.

in their last 10 meetings (when dementieva was actually a top player and not a newcomer) they are 5-5, with dementieva defeating lindsay to win a title, and twice in grand slams --- aka victories that matter.

----

so my faves are better than yours :ras:

The Daviator
May 29th, 2006, 01:20 AM
you can make up all the excuses you want, but the last time lindsay won a grand slam title was when i was 14. and i'm 20 now. so... :shrug:

Do Serena and Venus have much better GS records? Of course they do, all I stated was that it wouldn't have been too nice for our Lindsay hater here to sit back and watch the 'sloth' beat his/her girls :)

iPatty
May 29th, 2006, 01:20 AM
How did this thread turn from a Patty-bashing to a Vee fans vs. Lindsay fans battly royale? Can we just stop posting in this thread, it's really getting ridiculous.

:o

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Do Serena and Venus have much better GS records? Of course they do, all I stated was that it wouldn't have bee to nice for our Lindsay hater here to sit back and watch the 'sloth' beat his/her girls :)

heh, okay. point taken.

for the record, i was sorta being facetious throughout this whole thing. i don't mind lindsay that much...i just like to annoy tim (bloc_party). i'm glad to see you're level headed though, sorry if i annoyed you :)

switz
May 29th, 2006, 01:25 AM
god get over it already. Every slam we get these pointless threads trying to make something out of nothing. Sharapova was on SL last night, very few players will play every match on PC - i would suggest maybe even none.

Also remember there are usually about 100 people on the PC and SL for match one so it's really not an insult to be on later on SL.

Also add that Patty vs Krajicek is likely to be a much better match.

Although Venus doesn't have a great record against Austrians at RG - Schwartz, Schett anyone?

The Daviator
May 29th, 2006, 01:28 AM
and i got the gold star! :D

myskina owned lindsay in 2004, when she was a top player.

in their last 10 meetings (when dementieva was actually a top player and not a newcomer) they are 5-5, with dementieva defeating lindsay to win a title, and twice in grand slams --- aka victories that matter.

----

so my faves are better than yours :ras:

So now it's you peddling excuses, Dementieva was a newcomer, was she? Well from 2000 onwards I consider Elena to be a top player, having reached the USO, Olympics and YEC semis...

And since then their record is 6-5, really 6-4 because one of those wins was a retirement, in actual fact, it's really 6-3 since Davenport had no business on the court in the RG '04 4R and only continued because she didn't want to retire two years running (see I can use excuses too ;) )

Oh, and I liked your attempt at making out Myskina's TWO wins out to be an 'ownership' :lol: An ownership is 6-2 my friend ;)

The Daviator
May 29th, 2006, 01:29 AM
heh, okay. point taken.

for the record, i was sorta being facetious throughout this whole thing. i don't mind lindsay that much...i just like to annoy tim (bloc_party). i'm glad to see you're level headed though, sorry if i annoyed you :)

I bet your opinion will change after you've seen my last post :lol:

Anyway, as you can see from my sig, I do like Serena, Elena and Nastya, so it's all good :)

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 29th, 2006, 01:30 AM
So now it's you peddling excuses, Dementieva was a newcomer, was she? Well from 2000 onwards I consider Elena to be a top player, having reached the USO, Olympics and YEC semis...

And since then their record is 6-5, really 6-4 because one of those wins was a retirement, in actual fact, it's really 6-3 since Davenport had no business on the court in the RG '04 4R and only continued because she didn't want to retire two years running (see I can use excuses too ;) )

Actually 6-2, since Linzi was basically brain dead in the US Open QF last year.

The Daviator
May 29th, 2006, 01:32 AM
[QUOTE=The Daviator]So now it's you peddling excuses, Dementieva was a newcomer, was she? Well from 2000 onwards I consider Elena to be a top player, having reached the USO, Olympics and YEC semis...

QUOTE]

:lol: True ;)

Although Elena did play three fantastic points to win, damn her! :( I wanted her to win it after that, until Mary pulled her...

And that's for another day :D

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 01:44 AM
I bet your opinion will change after you've seen my last post :lol:

Anyway, as you can see from my sig, I do like Serena, Elena and Nastya, so it's all good :)

:lol:

no, no offense taken...i wasn't basing my arguments around any sense and you could easily counter them, which you did. :)

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 02:01 AM

you're mean :haha:
i have a sense of humor though.

Summer Snow
May 29th, 2006, 02:16 AM
:eek: A fight that Summer Snow isn't involved in! :( :fiery:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 29th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Who cares Venus if Rafa (the future champion of Roland Garros) plays at the same time in the Center Court ?

VAMOS !!!

vwfan
May 29th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Because Schnyder is better than miss WIWI on clay .. I think people here think the Williams are still numver 1 but they're not ...Really?
And exactly how many more clay titles does Patty have compared to Venus?

And whose career W/L on clay is better?

And who has actually been to the final round of RG?

And who leads the h2h on clay when the two meet?

Patty is isn't better, she isn't better on clay, but still I don't see a problem with her being on Centre Court. Venus can be in the alley as long as she keeps the ball in and gets herself to the next round! :lol:

harloo
May 29th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Why does it matter? This is not even that serious. I just hope Vee wins all 7 of her matches.;)

iPatty
May 29th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Really?
And exactly how many more vlay titles does Patty have compared to Venus?

And whose career W/L on clay is better?

And who has actually been to the final round of RG?

And who leads the h2h on clay when the two meet?

Patty is isn't better, she isn't better on clay, but still I don't see a problem with her being on Centre Court. Venus can be in the alley as long as she keeps the ball in and gets herself to the next round! :lol:

If they were both at the top of their clay-court games, Patty would win. She has more variety and is better at using the court to her advantage.

AjdeNate!
May 29th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Ya'll still bitching about some stupid bullshizz? C'mon people we have troops dying everyday in a foreign country fighting for the freedom of the world and all you lot can do is bitch about who's tennis player got a better court.

And if you don't agree with our President, then you're a dirty traitor! I was wondering, maybe during posts, you could ask people really tough questions. Not that I'm going to bomb them or torture them or anything-- Not that I'm totally against torture. You know, sometimes it's the only way to get reliable information.

[/amber louise]

:p

patricktav2003
May 29th, 2006, 04:19 AM
simple!
patty vs Mika will be better match then Vee and Sybille!!!

and maybe Venus doesnt want to play in the morning!!

LucasArg
May 29th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Plus, Cohen Aloro on court 1 :tape: :tape: :tape:

How are we supposed to get women coverage on TV :smash:

vwfan
May 29th, 2006, 04:39 AM
If they were both at the top of their clay-court games, Patty would win. She has more variety and is better at using the court to her advantage.
and you know that how exactly?!

So, if Venus stops Patty from using all her variety and court use, where does that leave Patty? Beaten!

In Rome, all Patty's variety did not help her against Venus who was just coming back after a long layoff and who was completely dominating in the first set. Even when Patty began to find her game, Venus came back and won the third set decisively.

Until Patty beats Venus at least once, all the other stats show that Venus is better than Patty on clay.

LefandePatty
May 29th, 2006, 04:57 AM

LefandePatty
May 29th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Patty's game is WAY prettier to watch than Venus' one.

LucasArg
May 29th, 2006, 05:03 AM

Venus in one leg is a million times prettiest to watch;) :kiss:

moby
May 29th, 2006, 06:04 AM
This thread is gold. :haha:

tennisbum79
May 29th, 2006, 06:24 AM
The organizers want her to earn her way back to Centre Court.:)

Seriously, as other have said before, it does not really matter where she plays.
What is important are the following, in this order:

Winning
How she plays
Is her fitness adequate to play consistently for 7 matches?

spencercarlos
May 29th, 2006, 08:31 AM
and you know that how exactly?!

So, if Venus stops Patty from using all her variety and court use, where does that leave Patty? Beaten!

In Rome, all Patty's variety did not help her against Venus who was just coming back after a long layoff and who was completely dominating in the first set. Even when Patty began to find her game, Venus came back and won the third set decisively.

Until Patty beats Venus at least once, all the other stats show that Venus is better than Patty on clay.
I thought it was Hingis the one who was coming from a "LONG" layoff. :rolleyes:
BTW the Schnyder-Krajicek match features higher ranked players respectively than the Venus-Bammer match, enough said.
I think no one can argue who the best player from the group is, but the decision is understanable 100%. Plus its not like Venus was thrown to court 17 :lol:
So once again Lenavee is creating another pointless and ridiculous thread. :wavey:

sheryo
May 29th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Yes, it's good for Venus to play on a big court, comparing with the courts 7, 11....

She will play in last match today....

I saw her yesterday practising on the court 18, and what a serve!!!!!!!!!! She's really very very powerful right now! In good form! Ve'!!

davidmario
May 29th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Now we know why Venus was put on SL. The organizers wanted to watch a horrible match without any highlights on Centre Court. :rolleyes:

VivalaSeles
May 29th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Now we know why Venus was put on SL. The organizers wanted to watch a horrible match without any highlights on Centre Court. :rolleyes:

Horrible match for you. When a player manages to hit 9 aces (3 of them in a row) plus 28 W to only 18 UE, I fail to see where the "horrible" is. Patty has just given a lesson in clay-court playing (what lovely dropshots). If you don't like it or don't understand it, that's your problem.

davidmario
May 29th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Horrible match for you. When a player manages to hit 9 aces (3 of them in a row) plus 28 W to only 18 UE, I fail to see where the "horrible" is. Patty has just given a lesson in clay-court playing (what lovely dropshots). If you don't like it or don't understand it, that's your problem.
Someone told here that this was a possible upset match.
So 1-6 2-6 is the response to that.

VivalaSeles
May 29th, 2006, 11:42 AM

And because it wasn't an upset, the match is "horrible"?
Patty was just too good today. In the 1st set, she was awesome. No way Krajicek had a chance today.

Lino_fan
May 29th, 2006, 11:45 AM

You better learn what clay tennis is. Patty has made a lesson of it today, so i don'r see the problem :(

Lot of top players could learn form Patty how a player must play on clay. If you don't see that, maybe the problem us that you don't like tennis or you don't understand what good tennis is.

Maybe you only aprreciate big shots, but tennis i smuch more. What a pitty for you.

Go Patty!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

Il Primo!
May 29th, 2006, 11:53 AM
The funniest part is that you actually believe that... :spit:
No,the funniest part is that I live in France so I know what I'm talking about and how much they love discreditting the Williamses...:spit:

iPatty
May 29th, 2006, 11:56 AM
The match wasn't boring. The quality was actually very high. Patty's sure gunna put up better stats than Venus.

:tape:

spencercarlos
May 29th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Having a tight match does not means the quality is the greatest, aka Warsaw Hingis vs Venus.
Possible upset of a top ten player of course, provided that Patty had not come with this great play, like she did today.
She little girl got a lesson on clay. Nothing less than that.

davidmario
May 29th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I'm just saying that Krajicek wasn't playing well at all. Sure, Schnyder was getting the ball in play and went for some shots here and there. But we are discussing why Venus wasn't put on the Centre Court.
You know, Venus always atracts a lot of people - more then Schnyder IMO, even if it is a bad match. And that's why I am confused they didn't put Vee on Centre Court.

vwfan
May 29th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I thought it was Hingis the one who was coming from a "LONG" layoff. :rolleyes:
BTW the Schnyder-Krajicek match features higher ranked players respectively than the Venus-Bammer match, enough said.
I think no one can argue who the best player from the group is, but the decision is understanable 100%. Plus its not like Venus was thrown to court 17 :lol:
So once again Lenavee is creating another pointless and ridiculous thread. :wavey:And you are quoting me, why? I don't care where Venus plays as long as she plays and wins. The child has played bridging two continents for God's sake! :lol:

None of your "points" has anything to do with my post, except one.

My response to that is: two matches in eight months seems like a long time off the courts to me, whether you compare it to hingis or not (which by the way is irrelevant?!!!) silly wabbit.

Alicia Rocks
May 29th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I'm just saying that Krajicek wasn't playing well at all. Sure, Schnyder was getting the ball in play and went for some shots here and there. But we are discussing why Venus wasn't put on the Centre Court.
You know, Venus always atracts a lot of people - more then Schnyder IMO, even if it is a bad match. And that's why I am confused they didn't put Vee on Centre Court.

Get over it, I'm sure Venus dosen't give a shit where shes playing, so I dont really see why you would even care.

VS Fan
May 29th, 2006, 02:18 PM
The short answer to this question is Patty is seeded 7th, Venus is seeded 11th.

Kim is seeded 2nd, Nathalie Dechy is seeded 21.

Kim and Patty should play on center court.

Viktymise
May 29th, 2006, 02:52 PM
And you are quoting me, why? I don't care where Venus plays as long as she plays and wins. The child has played bridging two continents for God's sake! :lol:

None of your "points" has anything to do with my post, except one.

My response to that is: two matches in eight months seems like a long time off the courts to me, whether you compare it to hingis or not (which by the way is irrelevant?!!!) silly wabbit.
No i think he is talkin bout me, he aint my biggest fan since the hingis only beating vee on clay thread

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2006, 06:33 PM
No,the funniest part is that I live in France so I know what I'm talking about and how much they love discreditting the Williamses...:spit:

LMAO :worship:

Summer Snow
May 29th, 2006, 06:38 PM
:tape: :lol:

perseus2006
May 31st, 2006, 10:17 PM

Today's Venus-Laine match conclusively proved that Venus does not sell tickets and bring more people to see her matches regardless of who she plays. The stadium was sold out and full for the match prior to Venus coming on court for her match. By the time the match started there were about six people in the stadium, including Richard!

I was stunned by how fast the crowd cleared out. It was shocking! The FFT had it right, Venus does not draw the French fans.

Helen Lawson
May 31st, 2006, 10:19 PM
Venus is a big star, Patty's not.

raquel
May 31st, 2006, 10:26 PM
Today's Venus-Laine match conclusively proved that Venus does not sell tickets and bring more people to see her matches regardless of who she plays. The stadium was sold out and full for the match prior to Venus coming on court for her match. By the time the match started there were about six people in the stadium, including Richard!

I was stunned by how fast the crowd cleared out. It was shocking! The FFT had it right, Venus does not draw the French fans.
I think a lot of people cleared the stadium as they likely thought they were not going to see a full match as it was already after 8pm. The match before hers had Gasquet and naturally would be full. Once he lost, it was time for the French to go eat :)