PDA

View Full Version : Venus in NIKE

KBdoubleu
May 28th, 2006, 12:20 PM
There is a picture of Venus wearing NIKE at a practice session this morning...i don't know how to post pictures but here is the link: http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo;_ylt=Ap8sNKZan0Bbtc3bUaG8d.c4v7YF?slug=2591d b2bdac34570b4be6e5b1f752887.france_french_open_ten nis_rog108&prov=ap

roooobert
May 28th, 2006, 12:23 PM
cool, i hope she signed with nike.. dont understand why she has been wearing reebok when she didnt get any money from them

even richard is wearing nike t-shirt

azmad_88
May 28th, 2006, 12:24 PM
i dont think she is under reebok either.she is just wearing it for free.someone told us last time.maybe for practise she just use nike..

Paneru
May 28th, 2006, 12:28 PM
She looks great in anything! :)

Probabaly borrowed some
stuff from Serena.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060528/capt.2591db2bdac34570b4be6e5b1f752887.france_frenc h_open_tennis_rog108.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060528/capt.36becacf6d314c08b1c3f0847837ad66.france_frenc h_open_tennis_rog110.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060528/capt.6b7d3b02f3e64f87ab6da10dfba59c56.france_frenc h_open_tennis_rog109.jpg

vswfan
May 28th, 2006, 12:39 PM
She is not under Reebok
and Serena has withdrawn from both Roland Garros and Wimbledon
so maybe she can wear some stuff from Nike Serena's Collection
Nike wont feel too bad after paying Serena that much money
lol

V-MAC
May 28th, 2006, 12:40 PM
nice pics :worship: but I guess she'll be back in Reebok for her matches. I din't really care as long as she wins!! :bounce:

so.krist!na
May 28th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Nice picture,i like Venus in Reebok more...

Pureracket
May 28th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Looks like ol' Richard is in Nike as well.

Billabong
May 28th, 2006, 01:00 PM
yeah, that's strange:scratch: We'll see in her first round ;)

Veenut
May 28th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Interesting! Its possible that they could be negotiating with Nike and something is in the works. If that is the case then good, because at least Nike is willing to pay better bucks now.

MrSerenaWilliams
May 28th, 2006, 01:19 PM
WOW! Venus looks....:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts: Hope she plays as good as she looks...if she does, she'll only be one slam behind Ree!

MrSerenaWilliams
May 28th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I mean...it is possible for her to have made a change...when Agassi made the Adidas transition, it caught me COMPLETELY by surprise...maybe Venus crossed over...IMAGINE all of the marketing that Nike can do now that they have Venus and Serena...but I'm getting ahead of myself...we'll see on Monday.

V-MAC
May 28th, 2006, 01:35 PM
I mean...it is possible for her to have made a change...when Agassi made the Adidas transition, it caught me COMPLETELY by surprise...maybe Venus crossed over...IMAGINE all of the marketing that Nike can do now that they have Venus and Serena...but I'm getting ahead of myself...we'll see on Monday.

wouldn't you think though that Nike would have had some major formal anouncement or something or even had a "fashion show" thing like Amelie did to show off Vee's RG range :scratch: I'm guessing she's still with the Bok but who knows

Foot_Fault
May 28th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Venus and Nike...strange. Why would she wear Nike EVEN to a practice if she wasn't apart of their team? And Richard? Seems like Venus has made the switch!

K-Dog
May 28th, 2006, 01:38 PM
maybe she is in negotiation with both now. her visor is reebok, her shirt is nike, her pants are ??, and her shoes are ???. i hope that a company finally signs her. it is ridiculous that she doesn't have a sponsor anymore or for even like 2 years now. it'll be interesting to see what she wears on court tomorrow.

K-Dog
May 28th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Venus and Nike...strange. Why would she were Nike EVEN to a practice if she wasn't apart of their team? And Richard? Seems like Venus has made the switch!

yeah, but her visor is reebok.

Foot_Fault
May 28th, 2006, 01:43 PM
maybe she is in negotiation with both now. her visor is reebok, her shirt is nike, her pants are ??, and her shoes are ???. i hope that a company finally signs her. it is ridiculous that she doesn't have a sponsor anymore or for even like 2 years now. it'll be interesting to see what she wears on court tomorrow.

I can't see the name on the visor...

K-Dog
May 28th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I can't see the name on the visor...

she wore that visor in Warsaw against Hingis.

Paneru
May 28th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Venus mixes and matches all the time
with practice outfits. So, I wouldn't
read anything into it.

She was wearing Nike shirts in
practices at Wimbledon last year.

K-Dog
May 28th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Venus mixes and matches all the time
with practice outfits. So, I wouldn't
read anything into it.

She was wearing Nike shirts in
practices at Wimbledon last year.

really? i don't remember seeing any nike pics from practice last year. that green shirt she was wearing was a designer's shirt if I remember.

Foot_Fault
May 28th, 2006, 01:50 PM
she wore that visor in Warsaw against Hingis.

That particular visor seemed to be a deeper yellow. I just can't confirm that the visor she has on is reebok, b/c they dont own the color yellow. but! lol. However the pants could be nike. I remember Serena warming up in some purple get ups like that when she was in that purple phase with Nike. So the shorts "could" be Nike.

I really don't care as long as someone is disscussing a WANT for my baby to endorse them.

roooobert
May 28th, 2006, 01:51 PM
well, the shorts are reebok.. serena wore the same before

Pureracket
May 28th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know what's going on with Venus and her endorsements; however, could it be a matter of Venus not even being cognizant of what she's wearing since she's focused on the practice?

Then again, I would imagine that she has a few people around her who'd tell her if she's making a mistake.

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I love NIKE!It would be definitely awesome if she were sponsored by this brand!

Paneru
May 28th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know what's going on with Venus and her endorsements; however, could it be a matter of Venus not even being cognizant of what she's wearing since she's focused on the practice?

Then again, I would imagine that she has a few people around her who'd tell her if she's making a mistake.

Maybe it's just a matter of clothes being "clothes" to
her and she doesn't obssess over it as do we. Just maybe. ;)

It all serves the same purpose. :cool:

Andy.
May 28th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I would love to see her wear Serena's outfits for the French and Wimbledon.

K-Dog
May 28th, 2006, 01:56 PM
That particular visor seemed to be a deeper yellow. I just can't confirm that the visor she has on is reebok, b/c they dont own the color yellow. but! lol. However the pants could be nike. I remember Serena warming up in some purple get ups like that when she was in that purple phase with Nike. So the shorts "could" be Nike.

I really don't care as long as someone is disscussing a WANT for my baby to endorse them.

neh, it is the same visor. besides, nike doesn't have any outfits that color this season anyways.

Paneru
May 28th, 2006, 01:57 PM

Ewww...NO! :o

I saw that RG outfit and
it's not Venus at all. :p

BigBabeTENNIS
May 28th, 2006, 01:59 PM
whats the out fit like

Veenut
May 28th, 2006, 02:12 PM
In keeping with the speculations i'll add this. While Vee was packing she discovered she needed a few more practice outfit, therefore Serena gave her some. In any case this could work out well for the family and Nike. Richard is always a great strategist when it comes to business, therefore he knows how to get the best deal for them.

K-Dog
May 28th, 2006, 02:14 PM
In keeping with the speculations i'll add this. While Vee was packing she discovered she needed a few more practice outfit, therefore Serena gave her some. In any case this could work out well for the family and Nike. Richard is always a great strategist when it comes to business, therefore he knows how to get the best deal for them.

yeah, but Venus hasn't been home for awhile now. she has been in europe for awhile now. i don't know when she would've packed more outfits.

jenny161185
May 28th, 2006, 02:17 PM
they'll have to decide which companie wants to be seen at the Wimbledon trophy presentation cos theres always alot of people watching!!!!!

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 02:20 PM
they'll have to decide which companie wants to be seen at the Wimbledon trophy presentation cos theres always alot of people watching!!!!!
If only it could be true :lol:

K-Dog
May 28th, 2006, 02:23 PM

so true!!!

Cybelle Darkholme
May 28th, 2006, 02:33 PM
She should have nailed down a sponsor after her wimbledon win. I can only imagine whoever is negotiating for her botched it.

She should shoot for a reasonable contract because those incentive clauses she will never meet. She didn't meet them last time so I doubt she will meet them this time.
She's been without a sponsor for way too long for a top player. Thats sad uless she just doesn't want one.

K-Dog
May 28th, 2006, 02:38 PM
She should have nailed down a sponsor after her wimbledon win. I can only imagine whoever is negotiating for her botched it.

She should shoot for a reasonable contract because those incentive clauses she will never meet. She didn't meet them last time so I doubt she will meet them this time.
She's been without a sponsor for way too long for a top player. Thats sad uless she just doesn't want one.

i don't think it bothers her that much, but maybe she wants to start getting paid for wearing the clothes she does.

Paneru
May 28th, 2006, 02:49 PM
really? i don't remember seeing any nike pics from practice last year. that green shirt she was wearing was a designer's shirt if I remember.

Yes.

She was wearing the poka dot scarf
in those practice pics with the
Nike t-shirt.

venusstar
May 28th, 2006, 03:15 PM
New jewelry for Venus? sponsored or personal?

Infiniti2001
May 28th, 2006, 03:32 PM
With all the speculation on here :lol: did it occur to anyone, that maybe Venus doesn't give a hoot about being sponsored anymore, hence the mixing and matching of Reebok and Nike?? :shrug:

mila_mail
May 28th, 2006, 03:32 PM
nike will be better than RBK

Smoothie
May 28th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Wow, look! Richard is also wearing Nike. I can't believe nobody else is commenting on this.

vwfan
May 28th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Can't believe it means very much. Venus is too big of a star for there not to be a formal announcement, especially heading into a Grand Slam.

Should she do well at RG, I would think that if she hasn't signed and wants to that her courters will want to close the deal before Wimbledon.

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Maybe she borrowd off Maria at last years Indian Wells??? :confused:

http://www.mariaworld.net/indianwells05108.jpg

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 28th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I wish Venus would wear Serena's French Open outfits from last year. They were too hot to not be seen ;)

RunDown
May 28th, 2006, 04:11 PM
With all the speculation on here :lol: did it occur to anyone, that maybe Venus doesn't give a hoot about being sponsored anymore, hence the mixing and matching of Reebok and Nike?? :shrug:

I agree. I think If Venus really wanted a sponsor, she'd have one by now.

akosijepoy
May 28th, 2006, 04:37 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060528/capt.2591db2bdac34570b4be6e5b1f752887.france_frenc h_open_tennis_rog108.jpg

Just doesn't seem right to me. I think it doesn't mean anything. I think she just got a random shirt and used it for practice.

SzavayFi
May 28th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Venus is too classy for Nike I think, which can be a lil skimpy, which i like :drool:. but thats just not Venus :shrug:

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Maybe she borrowd off Maria at last years Indian Wells??? :confused:

http://www.mariaworld.net/indianwells05108.jpg
:rolleyes: Didn't Maria lose that match 6-0 6-0! :o :tape:

TeaMMashA
May 28th, 2006, 04:51 PM
:rolleyes: Didn't Maria lose that match 6-0 6-0! :o :tape:

Nope :)

backhanddtl4
May 28th, 2006, 05:05 PM
nooo nike has the nastyiest clothes

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 05:35 PM
i don't like what she's wearing there in practice. it looks like something that would be great on petrova or henin-hardenne. it doesn't show off venus's curves. but it's just practice ;)

cometz9
May 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Venus and Nike just not right :o

Diesel
May 28th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Interesting, but I like the purple.

Paneru
May 28th, 2006, 05:57 PM
i don't like what she's wearing there in practice. it looks like something that would be great on petrova or henin-hardenne. it doesn't show off venus's curves. but it's just practice ;)
Like that should stop the
dorky lunacy on this board that
surrounds even the most minute
thing when Venus is the focal point. :cool:

Venus wore the same pants in Warsaw
& Rome and purple looks great on her.

Geeze, what a crew! :silly:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah, it doesn't seem right seeing Vee in Nike....but if they're showing her the $$$ then more power to her.

Freewoman33
May 28th, 2006, 08:06 PM
If Venus doesn't have a contract with RBK or NIKE, I don't think she be advertising for either of them. If I were her, I'd wear plain clothes. The more she advertises for them, the less likely they'd want to sign her. I suggest she starts winning more GS titles. That way, she can pick and choose and name her price.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 08:08 PM
If Venus doesn't have a contract with RBK or NIKE, I don't think she be advertising for either of them. If I were her, I'd wear plain clothes.

Remember Vee is American, we're all about wearing name brands and making sure people know it ;)

SAEKeithSerena
May 28th, 2006, 08:19 PM
She is not under Reebok
and Serena has withdrawn from both Roland Garros and Wimbledon
so maybe she can wear some stuff from Nike Serena's Collection
Nike wont feel too bad after paying Serena that much money
lol

nike looks great on her:bounce:

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Remember Vee is American, we're all about wearing name brands and making sure people know it ;)

You should really speak for yourself. If you know anything about Venus you would know shes not materialisc. Venus has made enough money that she don't even need a sponsor. Unlike other players Venus is not all about getting big sponsor deals. When she was with Reebok she only had a handful of other sponsors anyway. I would rather Venus, Serena, Momo, Kim, and Justine have more Grandslam Titles than sponsor deals anyway.

tennisIlove09
May 28th, 2006, 08:23 PM
I guess we'll find out tomorrow when she plays

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 08:30 PM
You should really speak for yourself. If you know anything about Venus you would know shes not materialisc. Venus has made enough money that she don't even need a sponsor. Unlike other players Venus is not all about getting big sponsor deals. When she was with Reebok she only had a handful of other sponsors anyway. I would rather Venus, Serena, Momo, Kim, and Justine have more Grandslam Titles than sponsor deals anyway.

:haha: If YOU know anything about Venus, you'd know she loves designer clothes AND jewelry. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Your posts are really scathing to read.

Lindsayfan32
May 28th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Nike brought out Reebok a while ago so reebok don't exist anymore might have something to do with it.

volta
May 28th, 2006, 08:55 PM
welll Rena is on Nike so she probably gave some stuff to Vee. we'll find out tomorrow i would like her to go with Nike but i think she is still using the rbk clothes to play but like someone said lets wait till tomorrow to find out

volta
May 28th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Nike brought out Reebok a while ago so reebok don't exist anymore might have something to do with it.
i thoguht that it was Adidas who had rbk now :confused: better use nike then Adidas though :o

Freewoman33
May 28th, 2006, 08:59 PM

If this is the case, maybe she should carry her Prada bag and diamond earrings, but wearing clothes of companies that aren't sponsoring her isn't a smart business decision, in my opinion.

henmanhill
May 28th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Nice top. But Venus would look good in anything.

henmanhill
May 28th, 2006, 09:03 PM
If this is the case, maybe she should carry her Prada bag and diamond earrings, but wearing clothes of companies that aren't sponsoring her isn't a smart business decision, in my opinion.
Maybe she just liked it. Does everything she does have to be driven by money?

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 09:05 PM
i thoguht that it was Adidas who had rbk now :confused: better use nike then Adidas though :o
Year you're right..Adidas bought RBK last year ;)

Infiniti2001
May 28th, 2006, 09:11 PM

That's what I would like to know myself :shrug: I dunno, but Venus doesn't look like she's in dire need of a clothing sponsor to me. Chances are she will show up wearing one of her old reebok dresses in a new color :lol:

WF4EVER
May 28th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Does Venus have to have permission to wear whatever she feels. Always some drama trying to be created where there's none.

henmanhill
May 28th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Does Venus have to have permission to wear whatever she feels. Always some drama trying to be created where there's none.
Quite. And as for worrying that Richard was wearing Nike too. I mean - who cares what he wears? He can be in Vivenne Westwood for all I care. :lol:

Freewoman33
May 28th, 2006, 09:48 PM

I don't think Venus is stupid. I think she is trying to get a clothing endorsement deal, but wearing these clothes, even if it's just because she likes them, is a mistake. It's FREE advertisement and they don't deserve it from her. I think if she makes it to the finals, she should wear plain clothes.

OTOH, why doesn't she design her own clothes and wear them? After all, these people aren't giving her a deal.

I have a hard time believing that no one is interested in her. I just think she's holding out for more money, which they may not be offering her at this particular time.

Freewoman33
May 28th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Last time I checked, this board was about futile tennis discussions from a group of fanatics whose opinions probably don't mean a thing to the people they're talking about.

Lulu.
May 28th, 2006, 10:09 PM

No way!

Serena and Venus have different styles. I couldnt picture Venus in any of Serena's outfits

Freewoman33
May 28th, 2006, 10:14 PM
No way!

Serena and Venus have different styles. I couldnt picture Venus in any of Serena's outfits

I think Venus would look hot in the catsuit, but she wouldn't be caught dead wearing it because it's just not her style.

davidmario
May 29th, 2006, 02:01 PM
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7741/venus23zl.jpg
so the visor is Rbk.

davidmario
May 29th, 2006, 02:01 PM
thanks to nouf:hug:

Paneru
May 29th, 2006, 02:09 PM
"Da Venus Code"

Everything she does spoken and unspoken
has a hidden meaning. Can you crack the mysteries? :cool: