PDA

View Full Version : How far can nicole go in Roland Garros

Veeko
May 28th, 2006, 10:49 AM
How far can nicole go in Roland Garros ?
1/4区

(1) Amelie Mauresmo FRA vs Meghann Shaughnessy USA
Anastasia Rodionova RUS vs Vera Dushevina RUS
Laura Pous-Tio ESP vs Jelena Jankovic SCG
(25) Marion Bartoli FRA vs (WC) Aurelie Vedy FRA
(22) Ai Sugiyama JPN vs Eleni Daniilidou GRE
Q vs Q
Tiantian Sun CHN vs Ekatarina Bytchkova RUS
(16) Nicole Vaidisova CZE vs Marta Domachowska POL

(11) Venus Williams USA vs Sybille Bammer AUT
(WC) Youlia Fedossova FRA vs Emma Laine FIN
Peng Shuai CHN vs Elena Vesnina RUS
(18) Elena Likhovtseva RUS vs Karolina Sprem CRO
(29) Sofia Arvidsson SWE vs Maria Vento-Kabchi VEN
Meng Yuan CHN vs Q
Jarmila Gajdosova SVK vs (WC) Stephanie Cohen-Aloro FRA
(7) Patty Schnyder SUI vs Michaella Krajicek NED

Viktymise
May 28th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Well if she played Mauresmo in thr 4th round then she would have a good chance for the upset for obvious reasons but unless vee was to be upset in earlier rounds she wouldnt go any further than the quaters but she still has a good chance to get that far

Wannabeknowitall
May 28th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I don't think Vaidisova can beat Mauresmo even when Mauresmo is playing bad. This is actually Vaidisova's best surface after indoors. She moves well on it but she doesn't still know what to do about loopy balls on her backhand. Mauresmo tore her apart at the Australian Open just from her variety. She didn't do anything special in that match. Vaidisova will make it to the round of sixteen if she can get pass Marta.

PLP
May 28th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Nicole played far below her level at AO against Amelie...it was kind of shocking but I guess it takes a little while to have the belief to beat the top players...She is so talented and is due for a major breakthrough, also a pretty good section of the draw...so who knows???

Wannabeknowitall
May 28th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Nicole played far below her level at AO against Amelie...it was kind of shocking but I guess it takes a little while to have the belief to beat the top players...She is so talented and is due for a major breakthrough, also a pretty good section of the draw...so who knows???
I saw her play her best against Mauresmo at the Advanta Championships last year. It was a surface that is probably Vaidisova's best and she still lost in two close sets.

She just doesn't have the game yet to beat Mauresmo.

Dementirilenko
May 28th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I think Nicole has a good chance to beat Momo in the fourth round. Her victory at Strasbourg must have motivated her a lot for this tourney.

Babolatpro880
May 28th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I think that if she gets there, she could beat Mauresmo if it ends up being a match like last year against Ivanovic. By the way, is clay really Vaidisova's second best surface??

Sharapova's_Boy
May 28th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I think that if she gets there, she could beat Mauresmo if it ends up being a match like last year against Ivanovic. By the way, is clay really Vaidisova's second best surface??

I don't think clay is Nikki's second best surface, but she's said before she she grew up on clay and likes playing on it. :shrug:

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Momo will stop her pretty easily

Wannabeknowitall
May 28th, 2006, 01:22 PM

Vaidisova has made the quarterfinals of two Teir I tournis, one indoors and one on clay. She's been consistent on hard courts but hasn't had really any big results in the big tournis on hard courts excluding Syndey this year. She hasn't gotten her footing correct on grass yet.

Viktymise
May 28th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I think she would prefer grass to clay, the grass suits her better with her power game

Modiac.
May 28th, 2006, 03:04 PM
I think either Marta Domachowska and Tiantian Sun will make big trouble for her.

mila_mail
May 28th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Quarter-final

mila_mail
May 28th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Quarter-final

:bounce: :bounce:

Viktymise
May 28th, 2006, 03:09 PM
I think either Marta Domachowska and Tiantian Sun will make big trouble for her.
Who said sun was going to beat Bychkova

BK4ever
May 28th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Nic's backhand is too weak right now and that is the main reason why she will most likely not do well against Amelie on clay. She would have to play out of her mind and dictate to have any chance.

Nicole is gonna be like Sampras. Sucked on grass until he got the movement down and then he dominated :)

UDACHi
May 28th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Not very far.

champion88
May 28th, 2006, 10:25 PM
4th round for sure, though Sugiyama looked good in 2nd/3rd sets today. She has chance of upsetting Amelie in 4R but no further than QF for sure coz Queen Vee will get to the final in this half :devil:

charmedRic
May 28th, 2006, 11:48 PM
it'll be an interesting match up if nicole gets to the 4th round, i wish her the best of luck.

IceHock
May 28th, 2006, 11:52 PM
she should get to the 4th round but mauresmo is too good for her on clay.she has so much variety and she used it in the ao.

No Name Face
May 29th, 2006, 12:04 AM
momo has a charmed draw. if she beat vaidisova 1 and 1 on rebounce ace, she should double bagel her here.

Slumpsova
May 29th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Domachowska is still dangerous opponent on clay even she hasn't done much lately so i have to pray for Nic to hang herself in the match till last point. if she gets Marta, her next bus stop is fourth round.

i don't mind her losing to Amelie. hell, i also said this last year when Ana had to meet Amelie and look at the result :devil:

Veeko
May 29th, 2006, 05:31 AM
I think she may go at least 4rd

Veritas
May 29th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Nicole could pull through to the QF. Amelie's never been able to play her best at RG, so IMO this is the best chance for Nicole to beat Amelie at a GS.