PDA

View Full Version : Jankovic...hard to like???

1handedwonder
May 28th, 2006, 07:29 AM
When Jelena Jankovic first came around, i thought she would def make a fan out of me, however, i find her hard to root for for some reason. She has a good game, noting spectacular and everytime she gets a big win, she disappears for a year.
Im curious what you guys think of her???

Meteor Shower
May 28th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Well, the fact that she rarely wins can be a turn-off.

I still like her and I believe she'll get it together and be more consistent soon.

Hayato
May 28th, 2006, 07:37 AM
When Jelena Jankovic first came around, i thought she would def make a fan out of me, however, i find her hard to root for for some reason. She has a good game, noting spectacular and everytime she gets a big win, she disappears for a year.
Im curious what you guys think of her???

same situation here...I have tried to be a fan of hers but I just can't for some reason. I don't know what it is :shrug:

Libertango
May 28th, 2006, 07:49 AM
I really like Jankovic, she has a very nice game to watch, and she's very pretty! :kiss: Plus, she seems like a nice person, so its easy to like her. If you're not her fan because she doesn't win all the time, I wouldn't call you a very good fan anyway.

Mightymirza
May 28th, 2006, 08:16 AM
i dint like her at alllast yr as she was my sanias nemesis :D but after seeing her lose to myskina in Wimby i feel sorry for her and wish she wins some..

Eldoth Kron
May 28th, 2006, 08:20 AM
:smooch: :bigclap: Jelena :hearts: :kiss: :lick:

pla
May 28th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Jelena is fantastic, nice game and a GREAT joyful and true personality :D

Highlandman
May 28th, 2006, 08:30 AM
I like her very much! ;) Very nice person and nice game to watch :)

Mightymirza
May 28th, 2006, 08:34 AM
the thing that i like most abt her is the jet black hair she has..Looks reall nice on her :yeah:

Dexter
May 28th, 2006, 08:45 AM
She is one of the first players that became my fave when I started to follow tennis. And she's also great in person :hug: ;) Maybe she's not my #1 or even #2 but I'm fan for life :angel:

LucasArg
May 28th, 2006, 08:46 AM
I like her. :hearts:

JackFrost
May 28th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Why do you think, it´s hard to like Jelena?

Just because the win/loss Record? In that case no player out of the Top 50 should be likeable. ;)
My sympathy don´t depends on the success of the player. I like the players because of their personality.
And Jelena has a lot of likeable personality, charme and charisma.

LefandePatty
May 28th, 2006, 08:52 AM
She's one of my favourite players. I love her game.

Bероника
May 28th, 2006, 09:24 AM
I would say the contrary...it's hard not to like her.Ever since the first time I saw her (defeating Dementieva in Australia some years ago) I've loved her.Her game is a joy to watch,she has a very charming personality and I find her one of the prettiest girls out there :hearts: And she has a fun attitude when she plays.

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 09:27 AM
I liked her at frist :shrug: Now I'm like, whatever. :o

Mike_T
May 28th, 2006, 10:27 AM
In combination with ultra short skirts, she wears sexy old style panties, not the current vogue, far less flattering boxer style. So despite a bit of a moose face, she gets a thumbs up.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1713/jelena38go.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jelena38go.jpg) :D http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9331/jelena27sk.th.jpg (http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jelena27sk.jpg) :drool:

tennismaster8820
May 28th, 2006, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=Mike_T][ So despite a bit of a moose face, she gets a thumbs up[QUOTE]
Yes, I also like Jelena, she is having fun playing!

¤CharlDa¤
May 28th, 2006, 02:40 PM
She has a very entertaining game, she is emotive and shows her emotions on court, she is very nice, always joyful and smiling on practice, one of the best backhands out there.

*JR*
May 28th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Nice that Serbia produced a Jeca in tennis who's life isn't a soap opera! :o

**Jelica**
May 28th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Jeca's genuinely a nice girl and a great personality, but in a very "Balkan" way. She's pretty fiery on court, and that coupled with the fact that she's majorly streaky in terms of consistency could make her seem a bit moody I guess.

GoSandrine
May 28th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I like her.

Her game reminds me of a former fave of mine. ;)

mila_mail
May 28th, 2006, 02:57 PM
MAN plus WOMAN equals to JANKOVIC

Derek.
May 28th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Jelena is awesome. :D She's got a beautiful all-around game and that fierce backhand. :eek: Plus she's very nice and she's got a good personality. :cool:

Derek.
May 28th, 2006, 03:43 PM
MAN plus WOMAN equals to JANKOVIC

:rolleyes:

*roddicksinme*
May 28th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Jelena rocks :D

tennisjay
May 28th, 2006, 03:49 PM
I think she tries to hard to be so much like Maria and Anna K that it takes away from her tennis game. I think she needs to be her own person and get attention by being a good player and not just another pretty face.

Ty-Ty
May 28th, 2006, 04:04 PM
I think she tries to hard to be so much like Maria and Anna K that it takes away from her tennis game. I think she needs to be her own person and get attention by being a good player and not just another pretty face.

:o She's a woman who likes fashion and modeling. So is every female tennis player who enjoys this trying to copy Maria and Anna? No.

And she is her own person. Don't know where you've been. If she wasn't, I wouldn't be such a big fan of hers.

controlfreak
May 28th, 2006, 04:38 PM
I could like her in spurts.... for example whenever I see her on telly or at a tournament (which is almost never, I think I've seen her once at Wimbledon), I am more likely to like her than hate her, but her game/personality is not that memorable so after a few weeks of not seeing her I probably forget that I liked her. If she gets in the news again I will probably like her again briefly... but how long will it last? If you're going to be that sort of player, you need to have something memorable like really big boobs (Tulyaganova) or a funny name (Anabel Isabel Medinabel Garrigabel, or whatever she's called).

lee station
May 28th, 2006, 04:48 PM
(Anabel Isabel Medinabel Garrigabel, or whatever she's called).Do you mean Medina-Garrigues?
Medina is a word originated by the Muslim presence in Andalusia during the Middle Age (e.g. Medina Azahara) and Garrigues is plural for "garriga", a kind of Mediterranean environment, a Catalan word for sure:)

xXSarajevoXx
May 28th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Ajmo JeCo!

:hearts: