From the top 10 players, who has the worst:

Forehand:
Backhand:
Serve:
Volley:
Dropshot:
Movement:
Slice:

I guess some of the categories have an obvious answer (I just put them in there so my list seemed full), but others could spur up a discussion.

bmxbandit
May 28th, 2006, 12:31 AM
IMHO,

Forehand: Schnyder
Backhand: Kuznetsova
Serve: Dementieva
Volley: Sharapova
Dropshot: Sharapova
Movement: Davenport
Slice: Sharapova

I change my mind yet again :o

UDACHi
May 28th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Forehand: Clijsters
Backhand: Schnyder
Dropshot: Davenport

It's amazing that Davenport and Sharapova have gotten so far on mostly power. :yeah:

tfannis
May 28th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Forehand: Patty
Backhand: Svetlana
Serve:......Am...no....Ki...hmnoo...Na..rrrno...mu st be Mar...noo...hmm...Ju...naa...Ma??...no...Li...oh no...Pat...yeahno....Sve...nope....ermmm...Elena? ;) :p
Volley: Maria
Dropshot: Too bad Serena isn't in the top ten anymore...she has lost matches due to bad dropshots :lol: So hmm...I pick Lindsay :shrug:
Movement: Lindsay
Slice: No idea :confused: Maria or Lindsay perhaps?

Pengwin
May 28th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Backhand: Patty

(they're good but who else is there to choose)

Serve: :retard:
Dropshot: Dementieva!!!!!
Slice: Maria

Andrew..
May 28th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Forehand: Mauresmo
Serve: Dementieva.
Volley: Sharapova.
Dropshot: Sharapova.
Slice: Sharapova.

vogus
May 28th, 2006, 12:45 AM
bad reps to any retards who say Patty has the worst forehand.

crazyroberto6767
May 28th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Forehand: Judging by this year, Kim probably. But Amelie overall I guess.
Backhand: Patty, everyone else has such solid backhands.
Serve: :p
Dropshot: Maria, although she seems to be working on it
Movement: Linds
Slice: Not really sure, I haven't seen Maria use it much at all?

RenaSlam.
May 28th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I'd agree with Andrew.

janko
May 28th, 2006, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=thelittlestelf]From the top 10 players, who has the worst:

Backhand: :confused:
Movement: Pierce :confused:

Derek.
May 28th, 2006, 12:50 AM

UDACHi
May 28th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Ohhh, I forgot Amelie's forehand. Hers is the worst, actually.

Billabong
May 28th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Kim's forehand at the US Open was absolutely magical:worship: But recently:sad:...

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 12:55 AM
IMHO,

Forehand: Schnyder

I change my mind yet again :o
:bowdown: I agree with all of these! I am not 100% sure who has the worst forehand though

tucker1989
May 28th, 2006, 12:58 AM
I agree with most people so far, but I think Pierce is close to Davenport for worst movement

new-york
May 28th, 2006, 12:58 AM

lolz.

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 01:06 AM
my sentiments exactly. dear god. hate on her backhand if you're gonna hate on her. maybe even her serve.

crazyroberto6767
May 28th, 2006, 01:09 AM
my sentiments exactly. dear god. hate on her backhand if you're gonna hate on her. maybe even her serve.
Not even her serve.

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 01:12 AM
none of the top tenners use a slice at all, so i don't know how EVERYONE could say sharapova has the worst one.

and there's no way sharapova has the worst drop shot in the top 10 with players like davenport and peirce routinely bricking their attempts. i'm also not 'sold' on dementieva's or kuznetsova's dropshots.

sharapova in recent matches hit better drop shots than martina hingis.

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Not even her serve.
it can get pretty whacky and erratic. she's just nowhere near the worst server in the top 10. what i meant was, her forehand is the best part of her game along with her fitness.

Pheobo
May 28th, 2006, 01:16 AM

It's amazing that Davenport and Sharapova have gotten so far on mostly power. :yeah:

Davenport probably has the best ball placement in the game right now so I wouldn't say she's just power. If she was, she wouldn't be such a great doubles player.

Anyways,

Forehand: Mauresmo (It CAN be good, but a lot of her forehands tend to sit in the middle of the court)
Serve: Dementieva (surprise)

flyingmachine
May 28th, 2006, 01:18 AM

Forehand:Amelie :o
Backhand:Sveta :o
Serve:Elena D By a mile!!!
Volley:Maria
Dropshot:Lindsay
Movement:Lindsay
Slice:Maria

Pheobo
May 28th, 2006, 01:19 AM

Forehand:Amelie :o
Backhand:Sveta :o
Serve:Elena D By a mile!!!
Volley:Maria
Dropshot:Lindsay
Movement:Lindsay
Slice:Maria

:eek: have you seen Sveta's backhand when she's playing well?

The Daviator
May 28th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Movement is not a shot :p

Serve: :rolleyes:
FH: Mauresmo
BH: Schnyder

I feel bad for picking Sharpie three times, but she's improving in all areas, the dropshot was the hardest choice, just because Lindsay hardly ever uses a dropshot, doesn't mean she has a bad one, you obviously didn't see the one she sprung on JH-H in Melbourne or on Peng in Paris last year ;)

partbrit
May 28th, 2006, 01:26 AM
What is this about "hate on Schnyder's serve"? Patty has one of the best serves around. She uses placement and speed change as a weapon, and her second serves are frequently aces.

Pheobo
May 28th, 2006, 01:31 AM
What is this about "hate on Schnyder's serve"? Patty has one of the best serves around. She uses placement and speed change as a weapon, and her second serves are frequently aces.

I agree. It tends to be inconsistent when the weather is bad but normally she has a very good serve.

tterb
May 28th, 2006, 01:42 AM
you obviously didn't see the one she sprung on JH-H in Melbourne or on Peng in Paris last year
Glad someone else remembers the one against Peng... Lindsay was maybe two points from the match when she played that shot, I think. It was just :eek: :worship:.

No joke. Patty's FH is an effective shot that is far, far from the worst in the top 10.

For me:

Forehand: Mauresmo (too passive at times, sits up), though Petrova's can be shaky and Clijster's is godawful when it's off

Backhand: Schnyder, with Kuznetsova not far behind when she's off

Serve: Dementieva, hands down

Volley: Sharapova (though I've also heard Patty's net game is quite weak... I've just never seen her use it enough to judge!)

Dropshot: :confused: I couldn't say for sure

Movement: Davenport, at least in terms of speed and court coverage (she's got excellent footwork for the most part, though)

WIMBLY2004
May 28th, 2006, 01:45 AM

The reason is you have to serve, play with you forehand/backhand for every point, but you don't have to volley/dropshot/slice, you can avoid them if you are not good at them. Maria and Lindsay have enough weapons to win without using those shots.

UDACHi
May 28th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Davenport probably has the best ball placement in the game right now so I wouldn't say she's just power. If she was, she wouldn't be such a great doubles player.

I said mostly power, which is true.

Those who are picking Schnyder's forehand as the worst have either never seen it or are assuming that a shot must be powerful to be good.

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Patty actually has one of the better forehands and serves on tour. Here's my list.

Forehand: Mauresmo (too short)
Backhand: Schnyder (I must admit)
Serve: Dementieva (obviously)
Volley: Sharapova (she has no tough, no anything)
Dropshot: Davenport (never seen her use it)
Movement: Davenport (with Pierce a close second)
Slice: Sharapova (once again, no touch)

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 01:57 AM
I said mostly power, which is true.

Those who are picking Schnyder's forehand as the worst have either never seen it or are assuming that a shot must be powerful to be good.

You just said something nice about Patty.

*death*

UDACHi
May 28th, 2006, 02:00 AM
You just said something nice about Patty.

*death*

It's true. :shrug: Her forehand may not be hard, but it is usually deep and can loop very high. She can give some great players a lot of trouble with that shot. How do you think she got her ranking this high if she doesn't have any good shots? It has a lot to do with her forehand. Well, that and playing every single week. :tape:

tennisbuddy12
May 28th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Forehand:Mauresmo
Backhand:Schnyder
Serve:Dementieva
Volley:Sharapova
Dropshot:Davenport
Movement:Davenport
Slice:Sharapova

borisy
May 28th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Patty has a great forehand. Her backhand is the weak shot.

Amelie clearly deserves the worst forehand pick.

I don't remember ever seeing Lindsay doing a dropshot but Maria has a pretty awful one. (but Federer says he hates dropshot because it's a cheap way of winning a point, so maybe dropshots aren't necessary)

Davenselesport
May 28th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Forehand: Mauresmo/ Clijsters
Movement: Sharapova/Davenport

cellophane
May 28th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Lindsay had a cool dropshot against Dokic in the match WhatTheDeuce uploaded.

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 28th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Forehand: Petrova

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 03:20 AM
none of the top tenners use a slice at all, so i don't know how EVERYONE could say sharapova has the worst one. and there's no way sharapova has the worst drop shot in the top 10 with players like davenport and peirce routinely bricking their attempts. i'm also not 'sold' on dementieva's or kuznetsova's dropshots.

:retard:

selesbooz
May 28th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Venus Williams on Everything

thelittlestelf
May 28th, 2006, 03:39 AM
Venus Williams on EverythingShe's not in the top 10.

hablo
May 28th, 2006, 03:41 AM
none of the top tenners use a slice at all, so i don't know how EVERYONE could say sharapova has the worst one.
[...]

:spit:

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 03:55 AM
have you seen any of maria's matches from indian wells and miami? or even dubai. she hit better drop shots than martina AGAINST martina.

hablo
May 28th, 2006, 04:07 AM
have you seen any of maria's matches from indian wells and miami? or even dubai. she hit better drop shots than martina AGAINST martina.
yes, I saw some of her matchs :tape:
interesting that you 'forgot' to comment about the statement you made regarding slice among top tenners :lol:

none of the top tenners use a slice at all, so i don't know how EVERYONE could say sharapova has the worst one. [...]

msharafan
May 28th, 2006, 04:17 AM
also did anyone see maria's dropshot againsyt kim match point down at us open 2005, it was a classic and took maria to the third, so as for the dropshot no, and also maria has only recently added slice to her backhand, it has been quite effective regarding her defence and she doesnt hit hardly any shots into the net, so just because you think maria doesnt have a varied game she is not that bad at slice or the dropshot, although i agree about the volleys, she pulls a great one off about once a match if she volleys but a bit inconsistent, but this is also a new part to her game. considering that maria is so young, and is working on these aspects of her game, where will she be when she does develop her slice and dropshot and volleys? hmm let me guess #1!

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 04:41 AM
yes, I saw some of her matchs :tape:
interesting that you 'forgot' to comment about the statement you made regarding slice among top tenners :lol:
i'm sorry, i don't really know what you're talking about. there's no denying that players hardly ever slice. are you saying that a drop shot IS a slice. I suppose that's the mode of spin put on the ball, but i wouldn't watch someone hit a good dropshot and say, "MY, THEY SURE CAN SLICE."

or are you just saying that since i didn't develop my point that it's ridiculous that EVERYONE indicts sharapova for having the worst slice, when hardly anyone slices to begin with. just because maria hardly ever slices doesn't mean it's not there. a lot of players are weaker on their backhand and slice low balls. i wouldn't call that a "strength." for the matter, i've watched tennis for a very long time, and i NEVER see mary pierce hit a good slice. it's always extremely short and completely defensive.

xin_hui
May 28th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Serve: ELENA :p
Dropshot:Sharapova
Movement: Davenport/Sharapova

borisy
May 28th, 2006, 06:31 AM
dropshot: Sharapova

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Serve: ELENA :p
Movement: Davenport/Sharapova
who would win a foot race between sharapova, davenport, and pierce? who gets to the ball quicker?

1handedwonder
May 28th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Forehand:Schnyder
Backhand:Schnyder
Slice: Dementieva
Serve:hmmm, cant figure this one out :confused:

esquímaux
May 28th, 2006, 06:47 AM
bad reps to any retards who say Patty has the worst forehand.:lol: Actually I think it's quite effective because all the topspin gets he opponent movin' :D

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 07:56 AM
or are you just saying that since i didn't develop my point that it's ridiculous that EVERYONE indicts sharapova for having the worst slice, when hardly anyone slices to begin with. just because maria hardly ever slices doesn't mean it's not there. a lot of players are weaker on their backhand and slice low balls. i wouldn't call that a "strength." for the matter, i've watched tennis for a very long time, and i NEVER see mary pierce hit a good slice. it's always extremely short and completely defensive.

What are you talking about? Have you seen Maria play? It's scathing to watch her switch hands to hit a left handed defensive forehand. Why does Maria do this?? BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO SLICE!!!!

Also for you to say no one ever slices......Justine, Momo, Nadia, Patty, Kim, even Sveta all use defensive slices. Do you watch tennis?

vogus
May 28th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Patty is the worst volleyer. Her technique on the drive volley is worse than a lot of club players. But it doesn't matter that much for her singles game because she rarely attacks the net. Andre Agassi is also a terrible volleyer.

Eldoth Kron
May 28th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Forehand:Higins
Backhand:sharapova
Serve:clijsters
Volley:clijsters
Dropshot:Henin
Movement:sharapova
Slice:Henin
I.Q.:sharapova

turt
May 28th, 2006, 09:44 AM
:lol: :silly: :crazy:

LDF
May 28th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Forehand: Amelie
Serve: Elena
Drop shot: Maria
Slice: Maria

KBdoubleu
May 28th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Forehand:Clijsters (but it's not even a weakness, everyone elses is just so good)
Backhand:Schnyder or Kuznetsova
Dropshot:Pierce
Slice:Sharapova

Carsten
May 28th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Forehand: Mauresmo/Schnyder
Backhand: Petrova
Movement: Lindsay...
Slice: Kuznetsova

pla
May 28th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Ok, seing some opinions here I am now SURE there is a parallel WTA Tour where Sharapova has touch, where Henin can't slice and drop-shot and where Patty's forehand is not a weapon. :lol:

I only have to figure out where I can see this another-dimensional tour :D

DragonFlame
May 28th, 2006, 11:58 AM

OMG you seriously don't know what you're talking about :lol:

~~*Elena.D*~~
May 28th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Forehand: Mauresmo/Petrova
Volley: Sharapova/Dementieva

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2006, 12:18 PM
who has the worst Sulk Mode

Patty or Lindsay ???

So Disrespectful
May 28th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Serve: Dementieva :rolleyes:
Volley: (? People are all saying Maria, and her volleys can be a bit vulnerable, but she has got some ability. So, I'm not quite sure.)

So Disrespectful
May 28th, 2006, 12:23 PM
who would win a foot race between sharapova, davenport, and pierce?

1st: Pierce
2nd: Sharapova
3rd: Davenport

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 12:28 PM
I have a question for the people who said that Patty Schnyder's forehand was the worst on tour. How the hell did you arrive at that conclusion?

:cuckoo:

tfannis
May 28th, 2006, 01:20 PM
I have a question for the people who said that Patty Schnyder's forehand was the worst on tour. How the hell did you arrive at that conclusion?

It's certainly not bad, but Patty is the 'worst' player in the top ten so since I couldn't pick anyone else, I picked her ;) But I must say I forgot about Amélie...she does have a 'weak' forehand. It's easy to associate Amélie with a complete tennisplayer, but in comparison with the rest her forehand isn't really decisive. So she first maybe, then Patty. Lindsay, Justine, Svetlana, Elena and Mary have FANTASTIC forehands. Maria can boom them. Nadia's has been great this year. Kim had The Best Forehand last summer, but recently it's very, VERY shaky. Still she has incredible forehand potential ;)

hablo
May 28th, 2006, 01:30 PM
What are you talking about? Have you seen Maria play? It's scathing to watch her switch hands to hit a left handed defensive forehand. Why does Maria do this?? BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO SLICE!!!!

Also for you to say no one ever slices......Justine, Momo, Nadia, Patty, Kim, even Sveta all use defensive slices. Do you watch tennis?
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VeeReeDavJCap81 again.

flyingmachine
May 28th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Had you ever watched these players played? :retard:

flyingmachine
May 28th, 2006, 02:52 PM

vogus
May 28th, 2006, 04:14 PM

Patty has maybe the BEST forehand of any player on tour (it's between hers, Kuzzy's or Dementieva's). The technique is so solid that it almost never breaks down, and she can do so many different things with it on both defense and offense.

SzavayFi
May 28th, 2006, 04:31 PM
:eek: have you seen Sveta's backhand when she's playing well?
;)

Dan23
May 28th, 2006, 04:42 PM
1st: Pierce
2nd: Sharapova
3rd: Davenport

*JR*
May 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM

Patty or Lindsay ???
2 former Top 10's are in that "contest". (Both Russians, one blond and one brunette). ;)

Dan23
May 28th, 2006, 04:44 PM
have you ever seen her play?
obviously not often enough

vogus
May 28th, 2006, 04:55 PM

maybe she feels that her left-handed forehand is more effective than slicing?:shrug:

The_Pov
May 28th, 2006, 05:04 PM

:haha: do you honestly think that Maria has the worst backhand? :haha:

j_dementieva27
May 28th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Forehand: i would say mauresmo
Backhand: kuznetsova
Serve: dementieva
Volley: sharapova
Dropshot: sharapova
Movement: davenport
Slice: sharapova/davenport... lindsay's has gotten better over the years though

MrSerenaWilliams
May 28th, 2006, 06:42 PM
The Worst of The Best:
Forehand
Backhand
Slice
Lob
Serve
Volley
Dropshot
Slice
Overhead

*Agree That Movement Isn't A Shot*

I've made a personal decision (look at my signature), to stop hating on players...period. Whether I like them or not, they are incredibly talented athletes and in terms of tennis, even on their worst years will accomplish more than I will in my WHOLE tennis life. They're ranked as the top 10 female players in the world, so out of 4.something billion women, they're ranked as the top ten (I keep saying RANKED because Hingis, Venus, and a healthy Serena are the real...disagree if you want, but it's true...top 3, and they're all out of the top 10). So for us to nit-pick who has the worst shots is really petty and childish. I don't see any of us VOLUTEERING to help Dementieva with her serve, or Mauresmo with her forehand. A grand slam is going on right now....let's focus on the tennis...save all of this nonesense for the off season!

LET'S JUST ENJOY TENNIS....STOP HATING, IT CHEAPENS THE GAME FOR ALL FANS!

LUIS9
May 28th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I agree with most people so far, but I think Pierce is close to Davenport for worst movement

The only surface that Pierce moves better than Davenport is on clay. That's because she's a much more natural clay court player than Davenport.

mike/topgun
May 28th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I'd call it the weakest part of each player's game:
SERVE <<surprise>> - The One and only Miss Elena Dementieva
RETURN - imo Nadia
FH - Amelie
BH - Patty, her fh is great, some people are blind
VOLLEY - Masha, it's getting better, but still:tape:
OVERHEAD - hard to choose, everyone smashes well enough
LOB - well most of the players stay back...so it's not used that much
SLICE - Pierce - I can't remember her using it al all
DROPSHOT - it's not used too often:tape:
I agree that movement isnt a shot but it's a significant element of the game -
MOVEMENT - both Lindsay and Mary ex aequo as the worst movers to win slam ever:p

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 28th, 2006, 08:38 PM
have you ever seen her play?
obviously not often enough

Oh please, don't give me that sh*t. I've seen Maria probably close to 100 times, and she doesn't know how to slice off the backhand. If she did, she wouldn't use that lefty forehand.

crazyroberto6767
May 28th, 2006, 08:47 PM
maybe she feels that her left-handed forehand is more effective than slicing?:shrug:
That's the point.

iPatty
May 28th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Patty has maybe the BEST forehand of any player on tour (it's between hers, Kuzzy's or Dementieva's). The technique is so solid that it almost never breaks down, and she can do so many different things with it on both defense and offense.

I know, right? The pure effect that her forehand has is greater than almost everyone in the top 10.

lolo21
May 28th, 2006, 09:10 PM
It's certainly not bad, but Patty is the 'worst' player in the top ten so since I couldn't pick anyone else, I picked her ;) But I must say I forgot about Amélie...she does have a 'weak' forehand. It's easy to associate Amélie with a complete tennisplayer, but in comparison with the rest her forehand isn't really decisive. So she first maybe, then Patty. Lindsay, Justine, Svetlana, Elena and Mary have FANTASTIC forehands. Maria can boom them. Nadia's has been great this year. Kim had The Best Forehand last summer, but recently it's very, VERY shaky. Still she has incredible forehand potential ;)

it's not only that,it's also the fact that his forehand technique looks really bizarre to say the least
actually ,each time she hits a forehand ,you have the feeling that she 'll injure her wrist.

Dominic
May 28th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Forehand: PETROVA people! hello!? It could actually be the worst in the top 50
Volleys: Sharapova
Drop shot: Davenport (I've seen her hit maybe one so it must be bad)
Movement: Davenport but it's alot better than it was
Slice: Sharapova (Its not that bad but rarely uses it)

Reuchlin
May 28th, 2006, 09:57 PM
:worship:
shows you how much may people know about tennis on this board. :tape:

esquímaux
Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:49 AM
Forehand: PETROVA people! hello!? It could actually be the worst in the top 50Yeah, that jumbo western grip leaves a bit to be desired :tape:

Dan23
Jun 2nd, 2006, 04:08 AM
Oh please, don't give me that sh*t. I've seen Maria probably close to 100 times, and she doesn't know how to slice off the backhand. If she did, she wouldn't use that lefty forehand.
Theres more uses for a slice than just fetching balls out wide....Maria sometimes prefers to use a LH FH out there and it has been effective at times. In general play she can hit a topspin BH from most positions but if a ball is very low she will slice it back...dont tell me she does not know how to slice.

Chunchun
Jun 2nd, 2006, 04:13 AM

HELLO?!? :eek:

switz
Jun 2nd, 2006, 04:27 AM
yes it's very hard to respect the opinion of anyone who says Patty has the worst forehand in the top 10.

Patty's forehand is one of the most brilliant shots on tour. She also is often near or at the top of the ace lists at slams because she places her serve and doesn't just smack it as hard as she can

switz
Jun 2nd, 2006, 04:36 AM

Patty or Lindsay ???

at least they sulk for a reason unlike the two Veras who are just locked into sulk mode all the time :lol:

LefandePatty
Jun 2nd, 2006, 04:38 AM

:retard:

DragonFlame
Jun 2nd, 2006, 09:33 AM

:lol:

LucasArg
Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
Forehand Mauresmo / Schnyder
Backhand Schnyder
Slice Pierce
Serve Dementieva
Volley Sharapova
Dropshot Sharapova
Movement Davenport