PDA

View Full Version : Which Players Will Be Booed By The Roland Garros Crowd?

pierce0415
May 27th, 2006, 02:52 PM
We know the Roland Garros crowd is never one to shy away from booing players so who will feel the wrath this time?

I have a feeling their reaction to Juju will be mixed on opening day. Some will cheer her because she is the defending champ. But there are others that have not forgotten the AO final.

Also when/if Amelie loses, if the crowd feels that she did not give enough effort, they will be booing. Especially if it is an early round loss

I don't think the Roland Garros crowd has ever been very fond of Martina but that is back in the day when she was the favorite and a villian. Hopefully this time around they will embrace her.

xin_hui
May 27th, 2006, 02:55 PM
you

because the crowd will be made up of wtaworld peepz! :devil:

FrenchY52
May 27th, 2006, 02:57 PM
We know the Roland Garros crowd is never one to shy away from booing players so who will feel the wrath this time?

I have a feeling their reaction to Juju will be mixed on opening day. Some will cheer her because she is the defending champ. But there are others that have not forgotten the AO final.

Also when/if Amelie loses, if the crowd feels that she did not give enough effort, they will be booing. Especially if it is an early round loss

I don't think the Roland Garros crowd has ever been very fond of Martina but that is back in the day when she was the favorite and a villian. Hopefully this time around they will embrace her.

Oh god , stop with these threads ..

The Pro
May 27th, 2006, 02:58 PM

yeah right, they've long memories that lot

Tennace
May 27th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Schiavone could easily be booed

Last year after her loss to Ana she slammed a ball into the crowd, and the French fans notice these things. Martina probably will be booed too

RenaSlam.
May 27th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Vaidisova for her shitty attitude.

mila_mail
May 27th, 2006, 03:06 PM
vaidisova, is impolite on court. I think she doesn't want to shake hands when she loses

tennnisfannn
May 27th, 2006, 03:28 PM
this time there is no dominant player, we expect only the opponents of the french girls to be booed.

Ellery
May 27th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I hope Fran isn't booed :shrug: :confused:

vertigo
May 27th, 2006, 10:36 PM
I don't think Martina will be booed at all. I

SAEKeithSerena
May 27th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Vaidisova for her shitty attitude.

LOLLLLLLLLLLL:lol: :worship:

lolo21
May 27th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I don't think Martina will be booed at all. I
i agree :)

the french crowd booed Martina specifically in this final against Steffi because of her pueril attitude during this match.....but now they'll see that the new Martina is a lot more matured and cool person :)
actually i even think they'll cheer for her.....apart obviously if she plays a french player.

K-Dog
May 27th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Patty might be if she plays Venus and acts like an idiot on the court. Venus might be if she questions calls during her match with Amelie if they play in the qtrs. Amelie might be if she loses before the semis. Maria might be because of her diva-esque stature on the court. Justine might be if she calls an injury time-out if she is losing (reminds the crowd of Oz Open final). The french crowd will boo anyone if they are given the chance to. No-one is safe unfortuantely.

jenny161185
May 27th, 2006, 11:22 PM
who knows and who cares the French open is like bigbrother they just boo people for almost no apparent reason!

Hingie
May 27th, 2006, 11:42 PM
who knows and who cares the French open is like bigbrother they just boo people for almost no apparent reason!

Agreed - i've never been able to figure out the French crowd and i probably never will. :confused:

Maybe they just like booing?

saki
May 27th, 2006, 11:43 PM
I've seen recent French articles on Justine and they remain pretty suportive of her. The AO stuff was blown up by the ESPN commentators much much more than by the continental press. I don't expect that she'll have problems unless she winds up playing Amelie in the final and, even then, she wasn't exactly booed against Pierce last year.

The French crowd aren't particularly logical - anyone could get booed, frankly. I would imagine that Vaidisova or anyone else with a slightly bratty attitude is probably more likely to be but anything goes really.

mike/topgun
May 28th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Certainly anyone who beats their beloved Momo, Sebastien, Gael, Tati, Richard etc
I think that only French players are safe, and even if Amelie looses early - which I think won't happen after all - she won't be booed, cos everyone kniows bout her psychical issues:p

Viktymise
May 28th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Anyone who is playing Mauresmo and they do something like question a call, take an injury time out are going to be prime targets, if vee has to play her in the quaters i hope they dnt do it to her but vee doesnt care, but really the french nearly boo at anything a bit out of the ordinary frm a player, i guess it add a bit of drama to a match tho

djul14
May 28th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Henin

Il Primo!
May 28th, 2006, 08:07 PM
They're so unpredictable but I think JHH will

FrenchY52
May 28th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I think the Sharpette

santhuruu
May 28th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Venus always gets booed for no reason at the French Open, that's also one of the reasons why I don't like the French Open. But hopefully the French people will show this year more respect to Venus and her efforts.

nhissan
May 28th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Venus always gets booed for no reason at the French Open, that's also one of the reasons why I don't like the French Open. But hopefully the French people will show this year more respect to Venus and her efforts.

if she play against Mauresmo I don't think so :sad:

Reuchlin
May 28th, 2006, 08:53 PM
In all honesty they should ROLL up the red carpet for JUJU, without her their beloved Amelie would still be the best player never to win a slam.

faste5683
May 28th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Far away in America, watching on my little t.v., I'll boo Henin-Hardenne 'cause it's what ESPN tells me to do.

:wavey:

SelesFan70
May 28th, 2006, 09:02 PM
A smattering of boo's for Justine for the Oz Open debacle.

No.1Hingis
May 28th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I have to say.. that I already today meet the crowd of FO.. I never had seen this behave custumers before.. (obviously on tv)..

I look at strange boos in like two matches today.. in center court and Lenglen or something like the second important I wanna mean.. any question call would be booed I guess.. is kind of funny ... And there is children screaming on matches.. they are so annoying.. but.. like somebody said before.. is not like we have to punish of it french people.. is the RG crowd .. that they are not only from france...

Hope not Martina.. but.. well.. there is high possibility... and all ones faces french players.. Justine.. uhmm.. dont know.. is not their problem what she did in AO but.. well.. for me these was very bad come from Justine.. maybe we would understand a BIT that reaction of crowd.. just in that case...

SAEKeithSerena
May 28th, 2006, 09:07 PM
hopefully justine. LOL

Craigy
May 28th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Everyone because they don't have a clue :retard:

anlavalle
May 29th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Anyone with a bad attitude

The_Pov
May 29th, 2006, 01:20 AM
I reckon Kirilenko will get booed in her first round match against Bremond of France, I hope it doesn't affect her game though.

Summer Snow
May 29th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Sharapova, Venus :sad: , Henin :o :help:

LoveFifteen
May 29th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Anyone who questions a line call ... unless they're French (*cough* Grosjean *cough*) :angel:

Greenout
May 29th, 2006, 03:57 AM
I watched the "live" coverage yesterday- and a player did get booed/jeered. It was David Nalbandian, but that's because he had a hissy fit over two line calls, and started to argue with the chair umpire who came down off chair to check the mark. Nalbandian then proceeded to grill the chair umpire, who came over to where Nalbandian was standing on court, and they had a discussion.

Ok- this is the type of thing that gets booed- creating an argument, and telling the chair he's not reading the marks correctly.

The French crowd do not boo players for simply appearing on court. Things have happen first in the match.

Get off it- they don't hate Justine, she might bug some people, but that's about it. If they did, there would've been complaints from the entire country that she was at the draw ceremony.

Marcus1979
May 29th, 2006, 04:15 AM
what would happen if Justine played Mauresmo and questioned line calls would she be booed? Don't the french public love her

remember in 2003 against Serena where they booed Serena winners and applauded errors

morningglory
May 29th, 2006, 04:52 AM
let them boo all they want! :fiery:
True champions will find a way to win! :yeah:
Venus, Serena, and still in developmental stages Maria have that kind of fight :kiss:

louisa2k2
May 29th, 2006, 05:23 AM
the french crowd has always been hostile towards martina so i would be shocked if there is any change there, i remember one time when she played someone throwing eggs on the court.

I think they like Justine, they wont care abt the AO. they will want her to win after the french players.

djul14
May 29th, 2006, 11:56 AM
french (or better say Paris) crowd could even boo its own players: they already did it to pierce and leconte at the french, and pioline (bercy)
I am french but I don't undersand it or why...
it is the same for other sports : soccer, rugby...
(sorry for my english)

Viktymise
May 29th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Ye i no its stupid the way they always boo vee. I remember when she lost to Vera Z in 03 nd she was walking off court they booed her, i think its because they just dnt like the Williams sisters but i cant remeber them booing that much in like 02 except the final a bit, maybe it was the whole Serena thing with JHH and the comments Serena said about France and the war and they just assume vee was part of that aswell

j@zmin
May 29th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Far away in America, watching on my little t.v., I'll boo Henin-Hardenne 'cause it's what ESPN tells me to do.

:wavey:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one.

PLP
May 29th, 2006, 12:19 PM
the french crowd has always been hostile towards martina so i would be shocked if there is any change there, i remember one time when she played someone throwing eggs on the court.

I think they like Justine, they wont care abt the AO. they will want her to win after the french players.
The crowd was definitely still very Hostile to Martina in 2000 and 2001...I remember that match...It was during Hingis/Testud and they were thrown on Sandrine's side because she was getting really killed by Martina that day...That kind of behavior shouldn't be acceptable>P

The_Pov
May 29th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Sharapova will be booed for saying:

It was a tough decision to play because Wimbledon is more important than this tournament.

djul14
May 29th, 2006, 12:41 PM
The crowd was definitely still very Hostile to Martina in 2000 and 2001...I remember that match...It was during Hingis/Testud and they were thrown on Sandrine's side because she was getting really killed by Martina that day...That kind of behavior shouldn't be acceptable>P

I was there on that day :p lol

Fedcup
May 30th, 2006, 05:58 PM

Nope.
Full support for Justine. Not a single booe when she entered the court.
:worship: