PDA

View Full Version : What a crappy FO draw without Lindsay, Jennifer, Mary and Serena...

GermanBoy
May 27th, 2006, 01:18 PM
... and who said Nadja Petrova would benefit from being seeded No. 3? She will have to face Henin-Hardenne in the 1/4 finals as I expected. She might not have had that situation if being seeded No. 5 with Sharapova and Henin-Hardenne above her...:rolleyes:

smiler
May 27th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Boo hoo :rolleyes:

Randriantastic!
May 27th, 2006, 01:26 PM
... and who said Nadja Petrova would benefit from being seeded No. 3? She will have to face Henin-Hardenne in the 1/4 finals as I expected. She might not have had that situation if being seeded No. 5 with Sharapova and Henin-Hardenne above her...:rolleyes:
Maybe you haven't had a probability lesson in a while, but Nadia's chances of drawing Justine would have been exactly the same in your situation. :p

Why don't you go hide yourself under a rock for the next fortnight and relive some of those delightful Cappers-Mahree-Linds-Ree Ree moments. :) (Actually, it might be for a substantially longer time, given that two of that quartet might not be back for a looooong while. :o)

GermanBoy
May 27th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Maybe you haven't had a probability lesson in a while, but Nadia's chances of drawing Justine would have been exactly the same in your situation. :p

Why don't you go hide yourself under a rock for the next fortnight and relive some of those delightful Cappers-Mahree-Linds-Ree Ree moments. :) (Actually, it might be for a substantially longer time, given that two of that quartet might not be back for a looooong while. :o)

You might be right with the first statement. Somehow I have the strong feeling it might not have happened then.

BTW, why is it that no one can mention his opinion on this board without facing extremely much criticism? You can keep your your sarcastic comments to yourself.

Randriantastic!
May 27th, 2006, 01:53 PM
You might be right with the first statement. Somehow I have the strong feeling it might not have happened then.

BTW, why is it that no one can mention his opinion on this board without facing extremely much criticism? You can keep your your sarcastic comments to yourself.
Well, believe what you want to believe. :p I'll remember to look for you if I need psychic insight. ;)

So it's fine for you to air your pessimistic comments, but not for me to air my sarcastic ones? I don't quite see the logic there. :p Most of us here are actually (shock horror) excited about the upcoming tennis, so people who post topics bemoan the fact that it's no longer 2002 might understandably not get the most favourable of responses.

mr_burns
May 27th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Sorry, why are the French Open Crappy? None of them would have been a real contender, so it's not that bad taht they are missing

It's great field, with great match ups to come

MistyGrey
May 27th, 2006, 03:18 PM
You're just agreeing because Pierce's name is in there! :rolleyes: Anyways German boy, I was agreeing with you until you got up to Pierce's name! Of all the other players, she is by far the wosrt and has had the worst career. She isn't missed. She is conniving and vindictive! :D :)

How stupid! This is the French Open we are talking about and Mary is much more popular than the other three in France. She has also had more success at this event. She has more final appearances than the other 3 combined!

mila_mail
May 27th, 2006, 03:20 PM
congras, peer
good luck in RG

GermanBoy
May 27th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Well, believe what you want to believe. :p I'll remember to look for you if I need psychic insight. ;)

So it's fine for you to air your pessimistic comments, but not for me to air my sarcastic ones? I don't quite see the logic there. :p Most of us here are actually (shock horror) excited about the upcoming tennis, so people who post topics bemoan the fact that it's no longer 2002 might understandably not get the most favourable of responses.

Why is my point of view pessimistic? It is just what I think. BTW, I am not a fan of Serena but we have to admit she always entertaining. If all my favorites (Lindsay, Jennifer and Mary) can't be in Paris I think I have every right to be disappointed.

Maybe all of them would have never won the FO this year but they would have tried their best and that would have made it interesting.

I have my fingers crossed for Nadja Petrova to win her first Grand Slam title and of course for Venus although I am not a fan of her.

Martian KC
May 27th, 2006, 03:28 PM
I would be surprised if the final wasn't Federer/Nadal.

LoveFifteen
May 27th, 2006, 03:28 PM
None of those women would have been real contenders anyway ...

GermanBoy
May 27th, 2006, 03:29 PM
You're just agreeing because Pierce's name is in there! :rolleyes: Anyways German boy, I was agreeing with you until you got up to Pierce's name! Of all the other players, she is by far the wosrt and has had the worst career. She isn't missed. She is conniving and vindictive! :D :)

What is wrong with Mary? She is true champion. A personality like the other three. If you compare people someone has always to be "the weakest". All four of them are missed because they are big names. Today there are only Russians out there of whom you think they are mass produced in Russia. All the same grumpy facial expression. I only like Petrova.

bis2806
May 27th, 2006, 06:03 PM
When I saw the draw, I just thought something was missing.... the American girls...

Eldoth Kron
May 27th, 2006, 06:12 PM
i love this draw,its too good for petrova and henin :lick: :bigclap: :haha:

FrenchY52
May 27th, 2006, 06:18 PM
It's a good RG draw . Lindz, Serena and Jennifer would have no chance to win ..

Drake1980
May 27th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I think it's an awesome Draw

Mother_Marjorie
May 27th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Better get used to it. Lindsay, Jennifer and Mary are all close to retirement.
Serena will be back next year.

The reigning French Open Champion is in attendance and most all of the top ten is present. Looks like a great draw to me.

Il Primo!
May 27th, 2006, 06:25 PM
It's a good RG draw . Lindz, Serena and Jennifer would have no chance to win ..

I think the thread starter meant "without Lindsay,Jennifer,Serena in shape". So..plus I don't Mary would have had chances neither consedering her 2006 year so far ;)

GermanBoy
May 27th, 2006, 11:44 PM
MarJenAll20, your point of Jennifer, Lindsay and Mary being close to retirement is not wrong, unfortunately.... However, Lindsay once hinted to retire and she is still playing. I am absolutely grateful for that and I hope she will still be part of the tour for quite a while. Jennifer is sidelined right now but I definitely expect her coming back. She always was and is a fighter. I guess when she finally will return to the tour she will be strong and will have some good tennis left in her. Mary has shown everybody that you can still be successful after everybody has written you completely off. Thus I completely blank the thought of them retiring at any time soon.

MrKnowItAll, you obviously do your name justice! ;) If in shape or not, these women belong into the draw. Jennifer has won the French Open as Mary and Serena have. Lindsay has reached the semis. They know how to play successful tennis on red clay. Of course the draw has always to go a player's way if she wants to win a tournament. You need luck. Your tennis skills are not everything.

However, why do some of you always say all of them wouldn't have won anyway? Is it all about winning? You can play a successful tournament with reaching the semis or the final. Just the participation of all four of them would be great as they increase the value of every tournament.

It is like you said, bis2806, the American girls are sadly missed. Plus Mary! It is her home crowd.

Only God knows what choking Mauresmo will achieve this year although she is seeded No. 1. As being No. 1 of the world that is clear of course. However, she will encounter Venus in the 1/4 finals and please Venus, do it. Reach the 1/4 finals! The 1/4 final between Nadja Petrova and Henin-Hardenne should be the match of the heavy title favorites and I really want Petrova to win. She deserves it and I just hope she won't be punished for being seeded 3rd. As I have already said I think if she was seeded 5th she would have faced Sharapova or Clijsters in the 1/4 finals, much better on clay than meeting Henin-Hardenne IMO.

I hate the American girls being absent because with that kind of draw a player like Myskina, Kuznetsova or Schnyder will reach the 1/4 finals and really, these people don't belong there. My opinion of course, you don't have to agree.

I personally want Venus or Nadja Petrova to win. Good luck also to Alicia Molik, Virginie Razzano (you will need it against Clijsters => Who said it wasn't a crappy draw again?!? :fiery: ), Nicole Vaidisova, Tatiana Golovin. I even hope Hingis will come as far as possible and God knows that I would have never ever thought I could end up like this... :eek: :o

iPatty
May 27th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Petrova is ranked higher than all them anyway, so her seeding wouldn't be affected. :lol:

GermanBoy
May 27th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Petrova is ranked higher than all them anyway, so her seeding wouldn't be affected. :lol:

I know, I meant if she was not No. 3 but No. 5 in the world... :p

pav
May 28th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Not missing in the slightest Lindsay and all the other boring names that I can't be bothered typing,bugger them:)

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2006, 01:04 AM
boo fuckin hoo. if all petrova has to worry about is justine to win the french open, she should be happy to try to get it out of the way before the more critical matches where i'm guessing you think she'll steamroll her opponents.