PDA

View Full Version : Its like ...Venus has no Sister now...

40-0
May 27th, 2006, 11:54 AM
to look up in the draw, theres no pressure, she can be more focus, is richard with her, i wouldnt be surprise if she wins the french, or do i?

Nickk
May 27th, 2006, 12:03 PM
It's obviously Venus's time to shine :D

Viktymise
May 27th, 2006, 02:14 PM
It was like this at last years Wimbledon after Serena lost all the pressure was off her shoulders and she became revtalised and the same seems to be happening again

October
May 27th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Will be Great is she wins RG 06. Hope she cuts a lots os Unforced Errors, even the draw is favouring her!! All the Best Venus.

Veenut
May 27th, 2006, 02:37 PM
I think this will help her to be more relaxed and hopefully play better. I'm more encouraged with her present attitude. I think if she can get a high percentage of serves in she will be fine, as her woes usually start from missing too many first serves.

This is another great opportunity for her to get to the final once again and I hope she doesn't let it slip away.

BTW anyone knows when she plays? I hope is Sunday or Monday so I can at least watch, it has been so long!

PLP
May 27th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I think this will help her to be more relaxed and hopefully play better. I'm more encouraged with her present attitude. I think if she can get a high percentage of serves in she will be fine, as her woes usually start from missing too many first serves.

This is another great opportunity for her to get to the final once again and I hope she doesn't let it slip away.

BTW anyone knows when she plays? I hope is Sunday or Monday so I can at least watch, it has been so long!
Not Sunday since that schedule has already been posted so it would have to be Monday since she is in the top half :)

mila_mail
May 27th, 2006, 03:35 PM
time for venus to shine

ys
May 27th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Has Venus ever played well in a Slam that Serena was not a part of? Since 1997, that is..

sheryo
May 27th, 2006, 04:01 PM
So, Venus will play Monday???

Someone knows the program for Sunday? For the courts annexes?

crazyroberto6767
May 27th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Has Venus ever played well in a Slam that Serena was not a part of? Since 1997, that is..
Misread the question :lol: (((1999 Wimby is what I should have said)))

Go Vee :bigclap:

ys
May 27th, 2006, 04:19 PM
So, Venus will play Monday???

Someone knows the program for Sunday? For the courts annexes?

There is no play on sidecourts tomorrow. For showcourts the program is on the website.

ys
May 27th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Most recently, the 2005 French.

Go Vee :bigclap:

You called it "played well"? :lol: You must be Venus hater..

crazyroberto6767
May 27th, 2006, 04:24 PM
You called it "played well"? :lol: You must be Venus hater..
It's early, I left out the (most important) word.

tennisjay
May 27th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I already said it will be a Venus vs Martina Final, but Martina will win in 3 tight sets.

vwfan
May 27th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Venus is a professional and she will go in to this French Open more prepared than she has been in a long while.

She's focused and non injured or recovering from an injury.

She has a great attitude.

All good signs.

If she needs the support of Serena, Serena is just an email away. And should she meet Mauresmo in the QF, Serena can email her with advice about how to give the "Momo beatdown!" Remember the "email at Wimbledon" Venus referred to after beating Maria. Sisters are never too far away.

Stamp Paid
May 27th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Thats not a good thing.
Venus has never won a slam without her sister being in the draw.

redrubylips
May 27th, 2006, 05:57 PM
I thought Venus ask a clay court coach, to help her?

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 27th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Thats not a good thing.

You just had to go there didn't you :lol:

Il Primo!
May 27th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Thats not a good thing.
I agree,I was about to mention it too..
Plus,Hingis said Williamses were less dangerous when only one of them played...Venus plays so bad when her sister isn't around..For instance AO2004 and RG2005 :help:
I just hope this was just the hazard :o ;)

Knizzle
May 27th, 2006, 06:04 PM
What kind of thread is this?? :rolleyes:

sunset
May 27th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Plus,Hingis said Williamses were less dangerous when only one of them played...Venus plays so bad when her sister isn't around..For instance AO2004 and RG2005 :help:

Agreed, Venus has no chance to win but may get though a few rounds.

Carmen Mairena
May 27th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Venus :inlove:

Sah-ree-nah :hug: :awww:

V-MAC
May 27th, 2006, 07:09 PM

well there is a first time for everything :lol: so maybe Vee will finally play really well in a slam that Serena is not taking part in ;) At Wimbledon last year though, once Serena left England after crashing in the 3rd round, Venus discovered her game so works both ways too :shrug: At least I think Vee is prepared more or less as best as she can be this time for RG which is good. Also, I like her attitude these days, she seems to be enjoying her tennis and the hunger and motivation seems to be rising again too. As we all know, the key for Venus is to cut out those unforced errors. Lets hope she can keep them to an absolute minimum for the next fortnight :)

V-MAC
May 27th, 2006, 07:12 PM
oh and another thing, if we are going by the logic that Venus performs badly in slams when Serena isn't in the draw - well how about Vee's worst losses in slams ( AUS Open 2006 1st round, French Open 2001 1st round) came when Serena was also in the draw too :shrug: we just don't know ;)

Stingray
May 27th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Agreed, Venus has no chance to win but may get though a couple of rounds.

:lol: You can't say a 5 time grand-slam champion and former world number one has NO chance.

Paneru
May 27th, 2006, 07:34 PM

Oh please! :rolleyes:
They had nothing to do with Serena!

Yeah, it's quite convienent to forget that the
04' AO was her 1st tournament in six months.

And 05' RG just saw her having issue's with
her shot's the were easily remedied a few
weeks ater.

More lame bull time after time.

Paneru
May 27th, 2006, 07:35 PM

Stupid is as stupid
does. :retard:

borisy
May 27th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Shame Martina won't be able to defeat the sisters in consecutive rounds again :devil:

Morrissey
May 27th, 2006, 08:09 PM
When Serena lost early at Wimbledon last year I just had a feeling the family didn't really care. I don't mean to sound negative but I think the family was glad they didn't have to face each other so early in the event. Once Serena got knoced out all the pressure was off Venus and she just soared.

AkademiQ
May 27th, 2006, 08:26 PM
to look up in the draw, theres no pressure, she can be more focus, is richard with her, i wouldnt be surprise if she wins the french, or do i?

Venus' psyche can't be this fragile that she needs an absent Serena to do well :o Give her more credit than this. Seriously.

Viktymise
May 27th, 2006, 08:34 PM
I thinkits better that Serena isint there for venus actually, incase they were drawn to meet each other then that wouldput more pressure on vee and she would do worse

AkademiQ
May 27th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I thinkits better that Serena isint there for venus actually, incase they were drawn to meet each other then that wouldput more pressure on vee and she would do worse

Talk like this sells Venus short and basically makes it out that Serena is the better player :shrug:

Summer Snow
May 27th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Better chance than Dementieva! :rolleyes:

spencercarlos
May 27th, 2006, 08:55 PM
I don´t understand it either.

spencercarlos
May 27th, 2006, 09:00 PM
oh and another thing, if we are going by the logic that Venus performs badly in slams when Serena isn't in the draw - well how about Vee's worst losses in slams ( AUS Open 2006 1st round, French Open 2001 1st round) came when Serena was also in the draw too :shrug: we just don't know ;)
Yeah but as some other person mentioned 5 GS championships won, those 5 times Serena´s name has been in the draw.

GracefulVenus
May 27th, 2006, 09:04 PM
I know it's your opinion but.. :fiery: please!

Fedcup
May 27th, 2006, 10:01 PM

an american thread...with the american dream ;)

LUIS9
May 27th, 2006, 10:04 PM
It was like this at last years Wimbledon after Serena lost all the pressure was off her shoulders and she became revtalised and the same seems to be happening again

She does play her best when Serena isn't around it's like she plays for herself and the family. Had Serena not been around Venus' '02 would have been one of the most dominant years on the wtatour tour since Hingis '97.

**Jelica**
May 27th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I think there's truth in that... Venus seems to start to fade into the background when Serena's on the scene because of her younger sister's more exuberant personality, and it effects her tennis. But I don't think she'll win RG, because she's neither a clay-courter nor in-form. Still, it's Venus, who knows?

Purple Rainbow
May 27th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah but as some other person mentioned 5 GS championships won, those 5 times Serena´s name has been in the draw.

I am pretty sure Mary Pierce was in th draw every time Venus won a slam. How on earth is Venus going to win now that Pierce won't play? :confused:

crazyroberto6767
May 27th, 2006, 10:25 PM
I am pretty sure Mary Pierce was in th draw every time Venus won a slam. How on earth is Venus going to win now that Pierce won't play? :confused:
Mary didn't play Wimby or USO 2001 :p.

But yeah I get your point.

junlee_vee
May 27th, 2006, 10:59 PM

Your stupidity doesn't cease to amaze me...you've said dumbass things before.

It's funny you say Venus has NO chance when, well...nevermind. I won't bring OTHER players into this thread. :wavey:

SAEKeithSerena
May 27th, 2006, 11:36 PM
we'll see what happens this summer when serena comes back:)

sunset
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Agreed, Venus has no chance to win but may get though a few rounds.

Like I said, no chance to win.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-71013836me022_2006_french_o.jpg

RaDiCaLgIrL♥FG
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Just no sister ON COURT ;)