PDA

View Full Version : How far can Sharapova go in RG?

mila_mail
May 27th, 2006, 09:33 AM
tALK ABOUT IT!
:bounce: :fiery: :bounce:

Martyś
May 27th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Everything is possible in tennis.

msharafan
May 27th, 2006, 09:58 AM
im not sure. the extent of her injury is unknown but it is not looking to bright at the moment. if she gets past safina in the 4th round shell have a go at kutzy or schiavone and if shes playing well she might even make the semis. and anything could happen there venus could have lost earlier on or to amelie, and amelie could have choked in an earlier round or could choke in the semis, but i dont expect maria to go further than the final, she will not win. this is a lot of ifs and buts and coulds, but hey its tennis anything can happen, and its not at all that impossible, unless maria's injury is as bad as thought.

Veeko
May 27th, 2006, 10:26 AM
1rd

Veeko
May 27th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Because she hasn't played on clay so far,and her estate will not be very good,so i think she can't go farther,but it just my own opinion:cool:

zzachtan
May 27th, 2006, 10:36 AM
i'm pretty sure she'll reach the quarters. No players in her draw have a good chance of beating her till then. Safina i'm guessing will fizzle after her sizzling Rome tournament. Sharapova, if anything, seldom loses to ppl she's supposed to beat. Her run will end in the quarters.

Tennisballova
May 27th, 2006, 11:25 AM
4th round, maybe quarters.

Jakeev
May 27th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Just don't think she has the preparation to go very deep in the draw. Frankly, I think she should save her strength for England.

Wiggly
May 27th, 2006, 01:54 PM
2nd round :angel: :p

so.krist!na
May 27th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Everything is possible in tennis.
Same here.

A'DAM
May 27th, 2006, 02:03 PM
QF for sure!

mila_mail
May 27th, 2006, 02:25 PM
4th round, at most.

G_Slammed
May 27th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Her bony azz isn't gettin' too far.
Hell, M. Washington could actually get the job done in the 1st round.

TeaMMashA
May 27th, 2006, 02:36 PM
If she was fit she could potentially win it, also i dont understand why Mauresmo is one of the favourites and has alot of pressure on her whereas Maria is expected not to win etc etc but Mauresmo and Sharapova have both only reached the quarters twice Mauresmo in 03 and 04 and Maria in 04 and 05 :confused:

MistyGrey
May 27th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I dont think she is a 100% and I hope she isnt rushing a comeback. She is only defending 174 ranking points, so her top 4 ranking seems pretty safe. Maybe she should give herself more time to recover, practise on grass and comeback strong on her fav surface..

Carmen Mairena
May 27th, 2006, 02:41 PM
1st round! :woohoo:

Meesh
May 27th, 2006, 02:44 PM
SEMI's ... I won't accept anything less.

mila_mail
May 27th, 2006, 03:34 PM
lost in 1st round????

LH2HBH
May 27th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Quarters

UDACHi
May 27th, 2006, 03:42 PM
QF again. :lol:

Summer Snow
May 27th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I think Mashona has the game to send her home :) It won't be an easy match for the Russian Princess :)

Summer Snow
May 27th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Her bony azz isn't gettin' too far.
Hell, M. Washington could actually get the job done in the 1st round.
:bowdown:

Dan23
May 27th, 2006, 04:15 PM
usual thread before the 1st round of slams :yawn:

Slumpsova
May 27th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Maria is kind of player getting more momentum by the matches at the tournament so she might pass Safarova & Safina but with Fran & Kuz i don't see her winning.

Craigy
May 27th, 2006, 04:19 PM
4th/quarter finals. Injury will probably trouble her :sad:

Veritas
May 27th, 2006, 04:29 PM
If she meets up with Safina in the 4th round, then that's probably the furthest she'll go this year. Otherwise, I don't fancy her chances against Safina or Kuznetsova.

Eldoth Kron
May 27th, 2006, 04:39 PM
i spend 10 minutes to find her name in the draw :spit:

Mashona Washington USA will bt her :kiss: :drool: :bigclap: :bigclap:

gumoll
May 27th, 2006, 05:13 PM
3rd round!!!

furrykitten
May 27th, 2006, 05:16 PM
If she gets past Rd 3 she will have done amazingly considering.

Il Primo!
May 27th, 2006, 05:18 PM
She's experimented and a top player in spite of a lack of match so she'll reach at least the 1/8th and she could even beat Dinara...But Sveta will kill her if they meet each other

WhatTheDeuce
May 27th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Maria's talented and good enough to win Roland Garros with the right draw and some luck...

However, considering she's coming into this event with virtually no matchplay on clay and some health questions, I wouldn't expect too much. But as some people said earlier, anything is possible.

Tarlak
May 27th, 2006, 05:25 PM
First round :rolleyes:

Il Primo!
May 27th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Don't be so blind and pessimistic! You always expect Maria to realise poor things whereas she's one ofthe most consistent player(maybe THE MOST) out there!OK,she doesn't win often enough but don't forget she never loses poorly at a first round or something like that

Tarlak
May 27th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Don't be so blind and pessimistic! You always expect Maria to realise poor things whereas she's one ofthe most consistent player(maybe THE MOST) out there!OK,she doesn't win often enough but don't forget she never loses poorly at a first round or something like that

She will prefer to go to the stores of clothing :rolleyes:

I changed my signature, Maria irritate me actually :rolleyes:

(heureusement que je suis mauvais en anglais, j'aurais pu me lācher comme sur un certain forum :lol: )

Il Primo!
May 27th, 2006, 05:40 PM
She will prefer to go to the stores of clothing :rolleyes:

I changed my signature, Maria irritates me these latest days :rolleyes:

(heureusement que je suis mauvais en anglais, j'aurais pu me lācher comme sur un certain forum :lol: )

Frankly,if she shopped each time she went to trendy and fashion cities like Paris, London or even NY,she wouldn't have won Wimbledon,made 2 quarters at Roland,neitheir 1 semi at London and another in N-Y!
When she pays in a GS,she's focused,very focused and always tries to product her best tennis. You cannot deny it. Results are here. She's not the best yet but she's getting better and better and you should respect it ;)

Tarlak
May 27th, 2006, 05:44 PM
We will see... I think she will go to still to disappoint me :sad:

Il Primo!
May 27th, 2006, 05:49 PM
We will see... I think she will keep on disappointing me :sad:
Don't worry it's gonna be alright :hug:

Morrissey
May 27th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I don't think Mashona will beat Sharapova but it all depends on how Mashona starts the match. She has beaten Maria once. The first set will be very important for Mashona in order for to have a chance at beating Maria she must win the first set.
And since Maria is heavily favoured to win that match once she wins that she should cruise to the quaterfinals. I would be shocked if Maria didn't reach at least the quaterfinals. People are acting like Kuznetsova will knock off Maria if they meet I am not so sure. Svetlana has not handled pressure in Paris at all, so what makes you think she will beat Maria if they meet. Maybe Maria will do well?

crazyroberto6767
May 27th, 2006, 07:26 PM
If this were hard courts, I may give Mashona a chance. But not on clay, 'cuz quite frankly she sucks on clay :lol:. I'm pretty sure she's won two (Q) matches at Roland Garros in her career. I don't see Maria losing before the 4r. If Safina plays like she did in Rome, she can beat Maria there. If not, Maria will probably get through it. I don't see Maria getting past (probably) Sveta though.

<Although, if Mashona were to somehow by the grace of the tennis gods win a round at Roland Garros; it would pretty much make my day.>

Tarlak
May 28th, 2006, 06:04 PM

:banghead:

nhissan
May 28th, 2006, 06:06 PM

amen :angel:

borisy
May 28th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I'm sure she can go very far... all the way back to America.

Tarlak
May 28th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Maria, stop the tennis please... Does like Anna please :rolleyes: