PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ Nike: Couldn't find anything better for Serena?

spiceboy
May 26th, 2006, 07:15 PM
The Collection Royale - Serena Williams Dunk Low (http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/2006/05/25/the-collection-royale-serena-williams-dunk-low/)

http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/wp-gallery/0506/serena_williams_dunk_low.jpg

The Collection Royale: Serena Williams - Queen of Hearts will be released in June :help:

MrSerenaWilliams
May 26th, 2006, 07:18 PM
i like it! it's phresh with a capital ph!

Perfection
May 26th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Wow, I LOVE IT! Very nice.

SelesFan70
May 26th, 2006, 07:23 PM
i like it! it's phresh with a capital ph!

:p Funny how none of your post has capital letters... :lol:

PHRESH! :ras:

dreamgoddess099
May 26th, 2006, 07:46 PM
It's different and that's what Serena is known for being. I've heard tons of people say they like it, so perhaps it'll do very well.

IceHock
May 26th, 2006, 07:47 PM
i think it's pretty ugly myslef but serena likes stuff like that.

Ferosh
May 26th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Oh no, not another LOL thread.

Tennisballova
May 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Uhm...not really my thing :p .

Ty-Ty
May 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM
OMG. :tape:

Not really digging that.

UDACHi
May 26th, 2006, 07:52 PM
I like it. :o

dreamgoddess099
May 26th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Here's the one for Lebron James, Nike is using the card theme to show royalty.

http://www.hypebeast.com/upload/2006/05/freshness-nike-royale-1.jpg

Paneru
May 26th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Not that Nike couldn't find anything better,
Serena most likley designed it! :tape:

It's different and interesting. ;)

alfajeffster
May 26th, 2006, 07:59 PM
It's not as bad if you look at it from the perspective of how it will appear with her bronze legs in them, and with a coordinating outfit. Sneakers are so difficult to stage by themselves. I like the color schematic.

lee station
May 26th, 2006, 08:01 PM
it's weird, cool

matthias
May 26th, 2006, 08:03 PM
it is different, but i don´t know if i like it or not

borisy
May 26th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Basically they copied the Bartoli Le Coq Sportif shoes.

Pureracket
May 26th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Perfection, spiceboy, and borisy all in the same thread about Serena. . . .LOL! Obsessed much?

FedExpress
May 26th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I had the same in my childhood... these shoes are very comfortable :rolls:

Summer Snow
May 28th, 2006, 12:57 AM
That's hott :lick:

drake3781
May 28th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Those are gonna be almost impossible to match to any clothes, so if you have them you can rarely wear them. They are gonna sit around in your closet and pretty soon you will be mad at yourself for buying them. And this opinion has nothing to do with Serena.

Perfection
May 28th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Perfection, spiceboy, and borisy all in the same thread about Serena. . . .LOL! Obsessed much?

Just because I don't like her doesn't mean I don't like her fashionable shoes. :wavey:

akosijepoy
May 28th, 2006, 04:32 AM
I think it'll match her new racket! :D

MrSerenaWilliams
May 28th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Those are gonna be almost impossible to match to any clothes, so if you have them you can rarely wear them. They are gonna sit around in your closet and pretty soon you will be mad at yourself for buying them. And this opinion has nothing to do with Serena.

not really....if you wear like a light (maybe distressed) blue, or white jean skirt with a baby blue or orange top, they would TOTALLY go!

....trust me, if you spend that much on shoes, you'll FIND something to go with it. And I'm sure these'll be easier to coordinate with than Serena's Shox Shoes in Cerise (that light lime color)...so...w/eves!

Good Design Ree! I wish I was a female, I'd rock 'em!

Perfection
May 28th, 2006, 06:51 AM

Ditto. :sad: But I've always wished to be female, even before the shoes were released. I'd still rock them though! :bounce:

drake3781
May 28th, 2006, 07:39 AM
not really....if you wear like a light (maybe distressed) blue, or white jean skirt with a baby blue or orange top, they would TOTALLY go!

....trust me, if you spend that much on shoes, you'll FIND something to go with it. And I'm sure these'll be easier to coordinate with than Serena's Shox Shoes in Cerise (that light lime color)...so...w/eves!

Of course some clothes/colors do match them, obviously, if you select some things that pick up the same colors. I'm not saying that they don't match a hand-picked set of clothes. But what you are saying is that you have to put an outfit together to match the shoes.

We don't want to do that, especially not a lot. We usually have an outfit we want to wear, then we say, "OK what shoes?" And going about it that way - which is the normal way - those shoes are gonna sit in the closet day in and day out. Then we get frustrated... they are taking up precious space. Then we think, damn, how much did I pay for those anyway, when will I learn? Then we have to start thinking, do I move them to my longer-term shoe storage area, or would somebody buy them on Ebay, or should I just give them away in my Goodwill bag... that would suck because I paid so much for them and never really got to wear them, but now they are a few years old and I don't want to wear them anymore anyway, I have some other things I want to wear now. These shoes are a CLASSIC EXAMPLE of that problem.

Kenny
May 28th, 2006, 07:52 AM
I love 'em.