PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for maria fans!!!

msharafan
May 26th, 2006, 06:54 PM
this is what maria had to say today at a press conference:

On the status of her game thanks to two months off Tour because of a foot injury… "I don't think I'm as perfect as I would have liked to be. But, you know, I'm giving it my best shot…Hopefully, with a few miracles, things can get better and I'll be able to play. Definitely won't be 100 percent, but we'll see how it goes."

this does not sound good at all and it seems as though she doesnt know if shes going to play! well all i can say is for maria to do the best she can and get better by the time the grass season starts! good luck maria and get well soon!

Martyś
May 26th, 2006, 06:55 PM
She will kick some asses :bounce:

:p

msharafan
May 26th, 2006, 06:58 PM
hopfully but we might be wrong what does everyone else interpret this interview to mean, shell be lucky if she gets to play kinda thing, or shes keeping the pressure off kinda thing, i hope its the latter!

jacobruiz
Maria never wants to give up but I hope she doesn't play if her foot isn't completely healed.

selesbooz
Sounds okay to me, Maybe she will be like Kim at the AO and every round she was on her death bed but yet mad the Semi and took it to the 3rd set :lol:

Martyś
May 26th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Sounds okay to me, Maybe she will be like Kim at the AO and every round she was on her death bed but yet mad the Semi and took it to the 3rd set :lol:
:haha: Would be great.

nouf
May 26th, 2006, 07:08 PM
i will be to practice tomorrow!

i 'lll tell you if she is ok

The Daviator
May 26th, 2006, 07:10 PM

:spit:

msharafan
May 26th, 2006, 07:21 PM
thanks nouf wed all really appreciate it very much! what would we do without you?

msharafan
May 26th, 2006, 07:22 PM
in fact nouf will you be going to any of maria's matches cause it sounds as if you go to RG a lot! if you are you better cheer for her so that all maria's fans can hear you, now that would be funny! lol

lucashg
May 26th, 2006, 07:42 PM
That doesn't look promising, and hopefully it's ok for her to play without reaggravating her injury. Good luck, Maria! :)

Justine Fan
May 26th, 2006, 07:45 PM

:lol: :lol:

Ferosh
May 26th, 2006, 07:47 PM

Post of the week!! :lol:

Tennisballova
May 26th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Well, at least she is playing again. I hope she has a good run at RG.

KBdoubleu
May 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM
The same thing was said at the US OPEN and she did just fine, I expect her to go to lose in the quarters for the third straight year (though i would expect her to fall to Kuznetsova on clay even if she was healthy)

furrykitten
May 26th, 2006, 07:52 PM
It will be nice to see Maria back on court, I doubt she'd risk major injury justto compete at RG.

No.1Hingis
May 26th, 2006, 07:52 PM
OK.. she is young.. has to learn some things...

LH2HBH
May 26th, 2006, 07:53 PM
It will be nice to see Maria back on court, I doubt she'd risk major injury justto compete at RG.

Exactly, Wimbledon is more important for Maria, as is the hard court season looming.

myxomatosis
May 26th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Good lord, mshara! When I saw the title I thought Maria had withdrawn! :lol:
Hopefull her foot holds up nicely and she can shake off the rust fairly quickly. It would be nice if Maria could at least be through to the second week. :cool:

morningglory
May 26th, 2006, 09:13 PM
oof you scared the heck of out me for a sec pal...
I thought she'd withdrawn!

Go Maria! :)

Foot_Fault
May 26th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Maria will probably be in the Qrts or Semi's, she'll be ok. Great GS performer.

Il Primo!
May 26th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Not concerned at all..I mean,I only expect her to reach the quarter..If she can beat Schiavone or Kuzie in the semies,it's only bonus. She's better than all her oponents of the firts rounds,even Safina who plays a game who should suit her pretty well.
In Australia,she wasn't perfectly in shape but she produced some good tennis so.. :angel:
GO MASHA :bounce: :bounce:

mike/topgun
May 26th, 2006, 10:27 PM
even if she's not 100% she's still far better than most of the field

faboozadoo15
May 26th, 2006, 10:56 PM
i'm not going to get too worried. she performs well at slams. unless she's REALLY struggling, I hope she stays focused here instead of already thinking about wimbledon.

PLP
May 26th, 2006, 11:14 PM
She is one of the few top seeds that has a great draw...She has a good shot at working her way into the quarters so I wouldn't get too worried>P

Andy.
May 26th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Dont scare me like that i thought you were going to say the W word. Its OK Masha will compete with all she has and play herself into form

Carmen Mairena
May 27th, 2006, 01:01 AM
I tend not to believe these pre-Grand Slam "I'm injured... not 100%..." arguments... :rolleyes: Kim AO 2006... :scratch:

Greenout
May 27th, 2006, 01:02 AM
She is one of the few top seeds that has a great draw...She has a good shot at working her way into the quarters so I wouldn't get too worried>P

Maria's a great player, not a mover on clay court, but her skills on an average day can blow away the lower ranked players on any surface.

Maria will make the QF's - Sveta will be tough, though. From here on it's up to what happens on the match day.

(Lindsay made it to many SF's at RG with her mobility).

ZAK
May 27th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Maria's a great player, not a mover on clay court, but her skills on an average day can blow away the lower ranked players on any surface.

Maria will make the QF's - Sveta will be tough, though. From here on it's up to what happens on the match day.

(Lindsay made it to many SF's at RG with her mobility).

Lindsay made ONE semi

tennisjay
May 27th, 2006, 02:55 AM
She'll be ok remember Maria's draws always allow her to make it to the Semi Finals.

PatrickRyan
May 27th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Maria hardly ever goes out early in a torunament, even if she hasn't played in a while i still say she can make it to the quaterfinals

Andy.
May 27th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Here is a statement, things are not looking very good i must say :sad:

Maria Sharapova, twice a quarter-finalist here, does not think she will be offering much of a threat in 2006. Her father, Yuri, looked particularly depressed yesterday as he discussed the latest MRI scans on his daugher’s damaged ankle. "Hopefully, with a few miracles, things can get better and I can play," she said. "I’ve been working, training, doing a lot of therapy. It’s been pretty boring these past few weeks."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/articl...2198906,00.html (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5205-2198906,00.html)

:sad: :sad: :sad: I hope she will be OK

SharapovaFan16
May 27th, 2006, 04:56 AM
I honestly don't understand the extent of the injury, but it really doesn't sound at all that serious... maybe Maria is a bit soft? Just a thought (not a knock on Maria), but I mean adrenaline alone should get her past the 1st few rounds I would think.

WIMBLY2004
May 27th, 2006, 05:07 AM
:sad: I just hope she is not taking risks, health is more important than result. :hug: :awww:

gsm
May 27th, 2006, 05:54 AM
i will be to practice tomorrow!

i 'lll tell you if she is ok
that would be great, thanks!

MrSerenaWilliams
May 27th, 2006, 06:02 AM
I just hope she doesn't make the mistake that Serena made by playing to protect points. MARIA, your health is WAY more important. If you don't feel that you can play to your best level, don't play. I mean clay is kinda dangerous when it comes to making injuries worse. Play if you think you're confident enough to go deep! Good Luck Mash!

bellascarlett
May 27th, 2006, 06:22 AM
:mad: annoying ankle injury....these really take a while to heal plus she'll also have to get over thoughts of 'having to be a little more cautious' even if it's completely healed as it wont feel very strong.

jacobruiz
May 27th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Sigh - I hope Maria knows what she's doing if she does play. It sure sounds like her ankle injury could be aggravated here.:sad: If they don't think it's healed, I hope she doesn't play.

s_j
May 27th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Maria's a bright girl. She wouldn't play if she didn't think she could handle it. She dropped out of Rome and Istanbul because she wasn't ready - and even though she's not 100% right now - I am sure she's fine and able to play a good standard of tennis. She's a tough cookie!

Maria Croft
May 27th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Here is a statement, things are not looking very good i must say :sad:

Maria Sharapova, twice a quarter-finalist here, does not think she will be offering much of a threat in 2006. Her father, Yuri, looked particularly depressed yesterday as he discussed the latest MRI scans on his daugher’s damaged ankle. "Hopefully, with a few miracles, things can get better and I can play," she said. "I’ve been working, training, doing a lot of therapy. It’s been pretty boring these past few weeks."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/articl...2198906,00.html (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5205-2198906,00.html)

:sad: :sad: :sad: I hope she will be OK

I think (and hope) that they just exaggerated the stuff posted on the official Roland Garros site, because except the Yuri stuff everything is the same, just some lines changed, and let's face it, Yuri always looks depressed :lol:

But, if Maria isn't ready she shouldn't play! It's not worth it!

jacobruiz
May 27th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Maria's a bright girl. She wouldn't play if she didn't think she could handle it. She dropped out of Rome and Istanbul because she wasn't ready - and even though she's not 100% right now - I am sure she's fine and able to play a good standard of tennis. She's a tough cookie!

Yeah, but look how long she played with that misdiagnosed displaced rib :shrug: Except that turned out all right and Maria's ankle/foot injury could worsen and keep her out of Wimbledon.

Well, that's a worst case scenario anyway and I believe like you that Maria will make the right decision in the end.

Shoulderpova
May 27th, 2006, 09:20 AM
I hope she'd recognize how much her stupid exhibition matches cost :)

jacobruiz
May 27th, 2006, 09:28 AM

"Her stupid exhibition matches"? Maria injured her foot practicing on clay. For the clay season. The exhibition matches which were scheduled during clay season have nothing to do with it.:rolleyes:

By the way, Maria is hardly the only player to play exhibitions.

msharafan
May 27th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I think (and hope) that they just exaggerated the stuff posted on the official Roland Garros site, because except the Yuri stuff everything is the same, just some lines changed, and let's face it, Yuri always looks depressed :lol:

But, if Maria isn't ready she shouldn't play! It's not worth it!

i was thinking the same thing about yuri! lol

Portobello
May 27th, 2006, 10:32 AM
go Maria

WIMBLY2004
May 27th, 2006, 11:02 AM

She didn't play the exhibition at all, she injured herself while practising, so what's your point :rolleyes: