PDA

View Full Version : I like Kim very much, but sometimes she annoyes me .... grrr

Mercredi
May 26th, 2006, 07:15 PM
So what is it with this loser attitude? Have you read her diary?
"
Hiya. I'm preparing for the French Open at Roland Garros. Even though I am very motivated, I'll take it day by day!

In the first round I'll be playing against Virginie Razzano. I will not underestimate her talent. She can get dangerous at times and as a French player she has the home advantage.

I'll live through the tournament day by day. As you all know, clay is not my favorite type of court as it is very stressful for my body, especially when matches take more time and balls get heavier.

So, I'm not really into who I can be playing in the third round or not. I'll already be very happy should I be able to repeat last year's effort.
And should I be eliminated soon, I sure hope I'll be able to join Bree. Should they beat Bergen, I'd be able to go and see the basketball play-offs final against Ostend.
Keep your thumbs up!
See you soon,
Kim
"

So she will be satisfied with a fourth round? Kim you are the world # 2!!!
And if she is eliminated she doesn't care she will go and see her boyfriend playing baseketball!! Kim you are somtimes annoying!#@$!@#$!%

lee station
May 26th, 2006, 07:18 PM
well, it's her life uh

fifiricci
May 26th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Well its not exactly inspiring for the fans, I mean if she isn't fussed about winning the bloody thing, why should we be? :rolleyes:

Personally for me, its a good thing that I like tennis generally, so am happy to watch loads of other matches and players along the way, irrespective of whether or not Kim can be arsed to turn up/make an effort ;)

nhissan
May 26th, 2006, 07:19 PM
she's undefeated on hard court summer season and you call her a loser come on!!

wateva
May 26th, 2006, 07:20 PM
nowadays, a win is a bonus for me. :o
just try to treasure the period of time when she is still playing.
(even though she's not totally committed to tennis)

Ryan
May 26th, 2006, 07:20 PM
If she's happy with a 4th round, maybe she'll tank to Hantuchova so Hingis can make the semis easy. :devil:

fifiricci
May 26th, 2006, 07:21 PM
If she's happy with a 4th round, maybe she'll tank to Hantuchova so Hingis can make the semis easy. :devil:

Kim has never lost to Hanti, but these days anything is possible :lol:

Mercredi
May 26th, 2006, 07:22 PM
lol nice one :)

RJWCapriati
May 26th, 2006, 07:22 PM

Shuai Peng

Helen Lawson
May 26th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Why all the Kim-hate these days? :confused:

She's a modest girl. What is she supposed to say, "I want to win this more than anything because I've been skunked twice in the past."

xin_hui
i knew this diary will make its way onto GM :lol:

E. Blackadder
don't like her attitude of late...

If she can't even motivate herself for the full 100% for a GRAND SLAM!!!! anymore, she might as well retire right now

nhissan
May 26th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Shuai Peng
ohh i forgot that incident :D

fifiricci
May 26th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Why all the Kim-hate these days? :confused:

She's a modest girl. What is she supposed to say, "I want to win this more than anything because I've been skunked twice in the past."

I don't think "hate" is the right word, despite its chronic overuse on this board ;)

And I don't think either that Kim would come right out and say she wants to win either, that's never been her style. But actually stating on the net that it wouldn't really bother her if she loses early is kind of disappointing for Kim fans, don't you think? Specially for any optimistic ones who were hoping to make the short crossing from Belgium to Paris to witness the later stages - or even the start of week two! ;)

Reuchlin
May 26th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Kim is yet another on the long list of SPOILED ROTTEN tennis players.

GrandSlam05
May 26th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I like to hear this kind of talk from Kim.

E. Blackadder
May 26th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I don't think "hate" is the right word, despite its chronic overuse on this board ;)

And I don't think either that Kim would come right out and say she wants to win either, that's never been her style. But actually stating on the net that it wouldn't really bother her if she loses early is kind of disappointing for Kim fans, don't you think? Specially for any optimistic ones who were hoping to make the short crossing from Belgium to Paris to witness the later stages - or even the start of week two! ;)

That's exactly the point! :worship:

Helen Lawson
May 26th, 2006, 07:28 PM

And I don't think either that Kim would come right out and say she wants to win either, that's never been her style. But actually stating on the net that it wouldn't really bother her if she loses early is kind of disappointing for Kim fans, don't you think? Specially for any optimistic ones who were hoping to make the short crossing from Belgium to Paris to witness the later stages ;)

Maybe this is her way to get herself ready mentally, who knows. I'm sure she'll show up prepared and ready to go.

Perfection
May 26th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah, Kim's attitude is very different lately. In all her matches, it's like she just swings away, just hoping the balls go in, and if they don't then oh well. She use to have such determination in her eyes. Now, she always seems to want to rush off the court to do something "more important" I guess? :shrug: Even the handshakes seem quick and brisk.

Helen Lawson
May 26th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I like to hear this kind of talk from Kim.

If she doesn't like you, she can make you disappear.

fifiricci
May 26th, 2006, 07:34 PM

You're not wrong, I heard that these days she EATS people she doesn't like. She'd just polished off Justine when this was taken ;)

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060526/i/r3420126108.jpg

ico4498
May 26th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Kim rocks!

Helen Lawson
May 26th, 2006, 07:36 PM
You're not wrong, I heard that these days she EATS people she doesn't like. She'd just polished off Justine when this was taken ;)

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060526/i/r3420126108.jpg

:lol: I always figured that ultimately, Kim would prevail in her rivalry with Justine!

wateva
May 26th, 2006, 07:36 PM
well, i think kim will lose in the first round if she had to eat up all the retards in wtaworld! :lol:

GrandSlam05
May 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Good morning, dearest heart.

!<blocparty>!
May 26th, 2006, 07:52 PM
:haha:

LOL. Does she have any broken backs/legs/arms going into it?

faboozadoo15
May 26th, 2006, 07:55 PM
what a terrible attitude. somewone shoudl tell her that if she's playing well she could very well win her second major...

manu32
May 26th, 2006, 07:57 PM
her final against jen was the last good final at RG.....so she can do it and this year is easier......

msharafan
May 26th, 2006, 08:01 PM
well if she keeps going on like that shell retire before 2007! although it is her life i suppose it sounds like she wants to retire already, but im happy for her she must be madly in love for her to be like this!

WF4EVER
May 26th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Well its not exactly inspiring for the fans, I mean if she isn't fussed about winning the bloody thing, why should we be? :rolleyes:

Personally for me, its a good thing that I like tennis generally, so am happy to watch loads of other matches and players along the way, irrespective of whether or not Kim can be arsed to turn up/make an effort ;)

Unfortunately this reality takes a long time to sink into some fans' brain, and sometimes it never does.

I thank the player who got me interested in tennis and I love when my faves are playing but when they aren't I also enjoy watching other players, too. Life goes on.

Helen Lawson
May 26th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Good morning, dearest heart.

Look after Christopher, and doon't be late for school.

Slumpsova
May 26th, 2006, 08:42 PM
that's why i stop reading her diary. i'm so sick of this kind of attitude. really :rolleyes:
these days i just wanna see Kim plays and enjoyit. for me, no more interviews/diary with loads of crap she's trying to tell us how her beautiful life is :rolleyes:

No.1Hingis
May 26th, 2006, 09:00 PM
ANOTHER EXCUSE.. DOES IT'S MODE OR SOMETHING?..

I heard somebody to said ones.. "A tennis player has not to get excuses" if you are not fine (really injure) better you withdraw.. not excuses.. just facts.... So.. Who else wanna to excuses before play?...

Sorry.. maybe I was a little overreacted... sorry.. Is good she wanna to do all effor she can.. hopefully along torney.. she gain little confidence and change her expectations.. COME ON!!..

chuCKnorris
May 26th, 2006, 09:04 PM
I don't like this kind of attitude either. It's like: I'm not interested in this tournament, I wanna see my boyfriend play his basketball match so I'll win two, maybe three matches and good-bye Paris.

But in spite of that I still believe in her and hope that tennis will win this time and she'll play with full commitment, 100% of her ability which means she'll win the whole thing. I'm just confused and worried about this stuff she's been talking and writing lately. If she loses before, lets say SF, it'll mean that she doesn't care at all about RG and probably doesn't care about tennis anymore :sad:

lucashg
May 26th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I also dislike this recent attitude of hers, but she's entitled to do what she wants. I just hope she realizes how much more she's supposed to achieve before she calls it quits. I wouldn't like to see her underachieving when she's got so much game!

auntie janie
May 26th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Why wait, Kim? Just think how awful it will be if you keep winning and can't see your sweetie for two more weeks!!! :eek: Why bother suffering through all this nuisance called the French Open; just go join Mr. Kim NOW! Au revoir! :wavey::devil:

terjw
May 26th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Well all this criticism of Kim smacks so much to me like the same old "Kim is too nice a person to ever win a Grand Slam" in the past. Kim stayed true to herself and won the USO. Yeah I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but it does annoy me a bit that because Kim doesn't say I'm gonna beat everone in sight or asks for twenty lashes every time she loses a match we get this Kim's not motivated argument - which of course goes quiet when she wins like at Warsaw

Sure it's a bit further than she normally goes when she actually says what she'll do if she loses in the third round. But that doessn't mean she's not 100% fully committed or motivated. She's time and time again said things like she's really happy just to make it so far and next round she goes out and gives 100% with a superhuman effort.

Kim seems to be the sort of person who needs to want to take the pressure off herself and needs to think positive thoughts even if something bad like an early loss occurs. But I don't believe for one moment that deep down she wouldn't be hurt and deeply disappointed by an early loss and that she would be able to entirely compensate for it by going to watch Brian play basketball or be in Bree.

Sandra.P
May 26th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I would have liked to hear that she goes with a lot of confidence into the tournament...but whatever works for her I guess...

Doesn't mean that she won't go far in RG, like others said, maybe that's her way of getting the pressure off her so that people don't expect too much and then she surprises everyone :cool:

Uranus
May 26th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Yeah, Kim's attitude is very different lately. In all her matches, it's like she just swings away, just hoping the balls go in, and if they don't then oh well. She use to have such determination in her eyes. Now, she always seems to want to rush off the court to do something "more important" I guess? :shrug: Even the handshakes seem quick and brisk.
Agreed! (see, I'm not trying to ruin your life :lol: )

Rocketta
May 26th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I just wonder if she loses early....what tennis great/tennis reporter is going to write the open letter and have it published in her local papers? :tape:

morningglory
May 26th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I think she just wants to be with her fiance more than to play tennis right now...

Scots Kim Fan
May 26th, 2006, 10:23 PM
You know these past few weeks I was thinking about Kimmie and clay- her season thus far, in the past etc and i am convinced that she is a better than average clay-court player (she even has other people believeing that she is no good on the stuff) but it is her attitude (mental/cognitions) about playing on the dirt that affects her from doing better. She doesn't like playing on it. Fine. But that attitude is really costing her IMO. And i compared it to Venus' attitude about the red stuff- Venus insists that she loves playing on it, that she is pretty good on it, and i think it has allowed her to do fairly well (even though RG is a diff. story:tape: ) but at least she goes in thinking i have a shot. Kim on the other hand...well, read what she said.

She's just psyched herself out convinced herself she is no good on the stuff.

I'm totally with you on that one. It's just a confidence thing with Kim on clay but what I don't understand is why a 2 time RG finalist doesn't have confidence in their clay court game?!

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 26th, 2006, 10:25 PM
I think Kim is just taking the pressure off herself, not a bad tactic.

Rocketta
May 26th, 2006, 10:39 PM
EXACTLY, she just doesn't like playing on it. And i don't believe its a tactic to take pressure off...she has said plenty of times (in so many ways) that clay isn't exactly her favorite surface to play on.

I don't buy it either...she's just saying what she thinks and right now she's not all about tennis... she has other things that are on her mind and she doesn't like clay to begin with. It happens especially if you have more interests besides tennis whether it's your man or a business. :shrug:

GoDominique
May 26th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I just wonder if she loses early....what tennis great/tennis reporter is going to write the open letter and have it published in her local papers? :tape:
I just wonder ... why are you wondering about such nonsense?

hingis-seles
May 26th, 2006, 10:47 PM
This is more of Kim's "I'm dying but am in the AO semis" bullshit.

Not buying it.

PLP
May 26th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Well, not encouraging words but maybe she is just trying to set up her opponenets. She wouldn't be going to Paris if she didn't want to win but if she doesn't have the belief things will get tough for her pretty quickly>P

KClijsters
May 26th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Well all this criticism of Kim smacks so much to me like the same old "Kim is too nice a person to ever win a Grand Slam" in the past. Kim stayed true to herself and won the USO. Yeah I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but it does annoy me a bit that because Kim doesn't say I'm gonna beat everone in sight or asks for twenty lashes every time she loses a match we get this Kim's not motivated argument - which of course goes quiet when she wins like at Warsaw

Sure it's a bit further than she normally goes when she actually says what she'll do if she loses in the third round. But that doessn't mean she's not 100% fully committed or motivated. She's time and time again said things like she's really happy just to make it so far and next round she goes out and gives 100% with a superhuman effort.

Kim seems to be the sort of person who needs to want to take the pressure off herself and needs to think positive thoughts even if something bad like an early loss occurs. But I don't believe for one moment that deep down she wouldn't be hurt and deeply disappointed by an early loss and that she would be able to entirely compensate for it by going to watch Brian play basketball or be in Bree.

Yeh I agree with you. In her diary she said that she is very motivated, but she will take it day by day. She also said that clay is not her favorite type of court as it is very stressful for her body, especially when matches take more time and balls get heavier.

She never said that she is not motivated enought. She just said that she will take it day by day. Whats wrong with that? She haven't played so well on clay yet, so i think this is a normal reaction. She know that a lot of people can beat her because she's not playing great at the moment. So she's not having a lot of confidents. That's why she will take it day by day and I can understand it.

But I'm sure Kim is very motivated and want to win :D

squash
May 26th, 2006, 11:44 PM
oh kim is just in love and wants to be with her man. she doesn't care about no stupid French Open.

go and watch your man kim...

jochem
May 26th, 2006, 11:44 PM

Well she lost to Peng :eek:

Allez-H
May 26th, 2006, 11:45 PM
You know these past few weeks I was thinking about Kimmie and clay- her season thus far, in the past etc and i am convinced that she is a better than average clay-court player (she even has other people believeing that she is no good on the stuff) but it is her attitude (mental/cognitions) about playing on the dirt that affects her from doing better. She doesn't like playing on it. Fine. But that attitude is really costing her IMO. And i compared it to Venus' attitude about the red stuff- Venus insists that she loves playing on it, that she is pretty good on it, and i think it has allowed her to do fairly well (even though RG is a diff. story:tape: ) but at least she goes in thinking i have a shot. Kim on the other hand...well, read what she said.

She's just psyched herself out convinced herself she is no good on the stuff.

A bit like Marat saying for years that he hates grass and was going to boycot Wimby while his game is actually perfect for it

KClijsters
May 27th, 2006, 12:01 AM
oh kim is just in love and wants to be with her man. she doesn't care about no stupid French Open.

go and watch your man kim...

She's not telling that. She said that she is really motivated, but IF she loses soon (and she's not playing great at the moment), than she want to be with her boyfriend. What's wrong with that. That's normal. Everyone wants to be with their lover if they haven't to play anymore.

She never said that the French Open doesn't care her at all. That are your words. Here the message from her diary.

The French Open day by day 26-05-2006

Hiya. I'm preparing for the French Open at Roland Garros. Even though I am very motivated, I'll take it day by day!
In the first round I'll be playing against Virginie Razzano. I will not underestimate her talent. She can get dangerous at times and as a French player she has the home advantage.

I'll live through the tournament day by day. As you all know, clay is not my favorite type of court as it is very stressful for my body, especially when matches take more time and balls get heavier.

So, I'm not really into who I can be playing in the third round or not. I'll already be very happy should I be able to repeat last year's effort.

And should I be eliminated soon, I sure hope I'll be able to join Bree. Should they beat Bergen, I'd be able to go and see the basketball play-offs final against Ostend.

Keep your thumbs up!
See you soon,
Kim

Slumpsova
May 27th, 2006, 12:12 AM

Not buying it.

i don't see "maybe i got kicked early at RG" and "i would go to AO injured" are involved :o come on. if you hate Kim that much. you need to try more to convince us :rolleyes:

No Name Face
May 27th, 2006, 01:35 AM

Not buying it.

yup. this is why i don't like her anymore.

Carmen Mairena
May 27th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Shuai Peng

Thanks a lot for remembering! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BTW she annoyes me too... Always! :devil:

TonyP
May 27th, 2006, 02:08 AM
I pretty much agree with Mercredi. This is not the kind of comment you want to hear coming from the number two seed at the French Open. A lot of excuses for why she may lose early, and a reason why she may want to lose early --so she can join her boyfriend

Actually, this sounds almost as if she's preparing to tank and the WTA really needs to look into these comments, if she does in fact lose early.

These are really pretty shocking comments and one more indication of what kind of disarray the WTA tour has fallen into. For a lot of players, it now seems to be "I'm going to play as few tournaments as possible, put out as little effort as possible, and get away from the sport as soon as possible."

My respect for Kim has just dropped quite a few notches.

Xanadu11
May 27th, 2006, 03:24 AM
I think people are taking it the wrong way, she seems really happy to be there and such and be healthy but she also has a life outside of tennis.

I think Kim is the last player in the world anyone should be accusing of taking from the sport, not playing any matches etc and getting away from it, this is a girl in the past who played waaay too much and was always there doing crap for the WTA.

She's been playing tennis for most of her life now, of course times are going to come when she isn't that motivated, add to that, she has been pretty vocal about how clay isn't good for her injuries.

faboozadoo15
May 27th, 2006, 03:32 AM
I would have liked to hear that she goes with a lot of confidence into the tournament...but whatever works for her I guess...

Doesn't mean that she won't go far in RG, like others said, maybe that's her way of getting the pressure off her so that people don't expect too much and then she surprises everyone :cool:
that's true.

i still think it's better to go in with full focus, that way, you remove all doubt from whether you could have done better. when competitors compete, IF they lose, they want to be outplayed, and they should want to leave the court with their tank on E. they want to have tried everything and have fought tooth and nail but came up a bit short.

some people would rather put half their stock into something and "surporise themself" if they do better. i don't support that so much.

plus, i doubt kim is slyly sitting at her computer consciously taking pressure off her shoulders. she must kinda think what she's saying is true. i don't know if she'll take reprieve in watching her guy play some basketball, but i sure as hell would hope that it would sting like hell watching 2 other women slug it out for the title when she was the #2 seed.

Lulu.
May 27th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Ever since she won the USO, She doesnt seem interested in tennis that much anymore :shrug:

Brooklyn90
May 27th, 2006, 05:03 AM
with an attitude like that she will go out early!

xin_hui
May 27th, 2006, 05:07 AM

Not buying it.

then dont enter this thread :rolleyes: quite simple

Sun*Kissed
May 27th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Ever since she won the USO, She doesnt seem interested in tennis that much anymore :shrug:
I agree. I thought that would make her hungrier but it just seems like it was more of a relief, she got the 'best player without a slam' monkey off her back and now she seems more concerned with her life after tennis....dare i say, she's just going through the motions :unsure: Then again it's difficult to sustain the kind of high she had last summer, add that with the latest injury scare, fear of reinjuring herself, recent lacklustre results, and who knows whatever other pressures she might be dealing with....so i can kinda understand her cautious attitude. Whatever she says i just want to see her playing well again, and hopefully going deep, maybe the 3rd time's the charm.

Zauber
May 27th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Yes ever since she hooked up with her new boyfriend she is annoying me.
It seems her focus is on getting married and having kids.
good bye Kim
Hello someone please I was hoping for Vaidisova but it did not happen this year.

babolat-blast
May 27th, 2006, 07:18 AM
She is just down to earth ... and I like that.

hingis-seles
Jun 18th, 2006, 08:20 PM

Not buying it.

"I can't play on clay but am in the RG semis" bullshit. :)

Brαm
Jun 18th, 2006, 09:34 PM
She says she doesn't like playing on it.

Big difference. :)

panda7
Jun 18th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Which hole did you crawl out from? The semis were 10 days ago:rolleyes: