PDA

View Full Version : Who knows this one?

Locolombia
May 26th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Regarding the order of play for wednesday and thursday...

6 Matches Sunday: Top half (Mauresmo)
32 Matches Monday: Bottom half (Clijsters)
26 Matches Tuesday: remaining matches top half
Wed: Bottom half (Clijsters) ???
Thurs: Top half (Mauresmo) ???

a) This is strange, cuz that would mean that the winners from sunday would have to wait till thursday to play their second round match...
b) If it's opposite it would be a disadvantage for the winners of tuesday, that would have to play 2 matches in a row
c) the other option is that on Monday they play the 26 remaining top half matches + 6 bottom half matches; and on Tuesday the other 26 bottom half matches, then the top half would play on wednesday and the bottom half on thursday... with a maximum rest of 2 days and a minimal rest of 1 day

The question is, which part plays on Wednesday and which part plays on Thursday??? Who knows??? :confused:

papru
May 26th, 2006, 07:37 PM
come on martina

papru
May 26th, 2006, 07:38 PM
sorry i didn't mean to write it in here :P my fault :)

nitsansh
May 26th, 2006, 08:07 PM
the 3rd option is the most sensible, otherwise players will have to play day after day or have 4 days interval, and it could be worse if there's rain delay on Tuesday.

Piggy
May 27th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Regarding the order of play for wednesday and thursday...

6 Matches Sunday: Top half (Mauresmo)
32 Matches Monday: Bottom half (Clijsters)
26 Matches Tuesday: remaining matches top half
Wed: Bottom half (Clijsters) ???
Thurs: Top half (Mauresmo) ???

a) This is strange, cuz that would mean that the winners from sunday would have to wait till thursday to play their second round match...
b) If it's opposite it would be a disadvantage for the winners of tuesday, that would have to play 2 matches in a row
c) the other option is that on Monday they play the 26 remaining top half matches + 6 bottom half matches; and on Tuesday the other 26 bottom half matches, then the top half would play on wednesday and the bottom half on thursday... with a maximum rest of 2 days and a minimal rest of 1 day

The question is, which part plays on Wednesday and which part plays on Thursday??? Who knows??? :confused:

Sorry I would like to know too :worship: